The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum)

3 posters

Go down

Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum) Empty Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum)

Post by Vaneskera 6/5/2010, 9:59 am

I do not speak Italian, and I am using an online translator. If you speak Italian and spot any errors, let me know. Italian translations will be at the top of each chapter.

Per diavolo con questo! : To heck with this!
Papà, calmati. : Dad, calm down.

Goodbye
I sit on the curb, silent, next to Angela. Her mother was late for everything. We were both quietly, continually checking my watch. We didn’t want to be late for our movie. At this rate, we’d be lucky if we made it for the credits.
We’re very quiet, not wanting to attract the notice of Edward Cullen, and Jessica Stanley, who are waiting a bit aways, chatting animatedly. Angela fixates on some point in the distance, and we stand up, thinking we’ve saw her mothers mini-van. But the vehicle drives right past the school’s driveway, and we sit down disappointed. But Angela’s noisy clogs hitting the pavement tickle Jessica’s ears, and she and Edward look up. She whispers something; after I see her eyes wander to the wallet hanging out of Angela’s book bag.
I look at Angela, and she’s noticed too. But Jessica and Edward have already begun approaching us.
“Got any spare change?” Edward says, holding out a calloused hand.
“No, we don’t.” Angela answers a little too quickly, and Jessica narrows her eyes.
“What’s that?” Jessica spits, taking a hand on the white wallet.
“Don’t!” Angela says, slapping away Jessica’s hand.
“Back off.” I whisper, picking up the only defensive object available, my math textbook.
“Pshh. Like you’d actually do that,” Edward says. “Don’t want to break any rules, right?” He snatches the book from hands, and hits Angela with it in the stomach.
Angela drops her wallet with an oof and Jessica picks up the wallet.
“And you’re not telling that retard twin of yours, Emmett, a thing.” He says, as Jessica plucks thirty dollars from the wallet.
Edward takes a pocket knife from his pocket. He slashes me across the cheek then, and the two run off. Several minutes later, Angela’s mother finally arrives. When she sees my face, Angela and I trying to stop the blood flow with a book cover, she gasps, hand against her heart, awestruck.
“This is crazy!” Charlie says, slamming his fist against the table, that night. A nurse at the hospital had bandaged my cheek, but I wouldn’t talk about who did it. “Stealing lunch money, Angela’s broken glasses, but this, this is enough!” Emmett watches quietly, head held high. He doesn’t know a thing about it, even though it’s his best friends doing it.
“Per diavolo con questo!” He yells, banging his fist against the table.
“Papà, calmati.” I say, quietly, resorting to Italian. Charlie’s family was Italian, and Emmett, Charlie and I had all grown up speaking it.
“Bella, this is enough. I know you hate it too.”
I nod, silent, wanting to know what he was getting at, having no idea myself.
“I’ll send you to the school in Volterra. The one I went too.” Charlie decides after a moments pause. I open my mouth in obvious shock, unsure if I’m pleased or totally scared.
The next morning, over breakfast, Charlie tells us I’ve been admitted. He tells me over and over he can pay the tuition just fine. I’m not entirely sure. I don’t think you make a lot as chief of police.
I can go at the start of next term, eleven weeks to go. Charlie’s already booking plane tickets. I can’t wait.
In the hall ways, Emmett grips my shoulder and whispers “Stay safe, okay?” Before lumbering of toward the special ed. Classrooms. Angela comes up to me, and begs to know what happened after she and her mom left.
I explain how Charlie has enrolled me in private school. “Where?!” she begs to know, shaking my shoulders.
“Italy.” I whisper, quietly so only she can hear.
“Oh, my, god.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll write.” I say, pulling my hair behind my ears.
“You better.” She shakes her finger at me, and we walk together to our first class. Ignoring the glances of our classmates, trying to get a good look at my cheek.

Eleven weeks later, with tearful goodbyes- okay, maybe three, Emmett, Charlie and Angela, I board the plane. I sit down quietly, and an elderly couple sits next to me, who have brought books they immediately open. I dig into my bag, remove a book Charlie had recently bought me, Wuthering Heights, and begin reading. Occasionally putting my hand against the bumpy scar.
When I get to Italy its close to ten at night. I’m trying to hail a taxi, when I hear somebody hitting the ground in an alleyway.
I spin around, and see an older man on the ground, still. Theirs a teenage boy there, and in the slight illumination of the street lamp, I can see he’s very beautiful. He suddenly jerks his head up and the other man’s eyes snap open, as he tries to orient himself. The teenager glides closer to me, and I take a step backwards, gripping on of my suitcases.
I can see him better now. His eyes are a piercing red, and his face is distorted in strange concentration. He suddenly slams his foot against the ground. I hear him say quietly, “Jane, she won’t desensitize.”
A girl who looks extraordinarily like him, jogs out of the shadows. She closes her eyes when she is next to the other, and opens them angrily a second later. “I can’t do anything!”
“We’ll take it Aro.” The boy says, taking a step closer to me. My hands start to sweat.
“That would be an excellent idea,” Says the girl, as she advances too.
Vaneskera
Vaneskera
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum) ?total=50000&sofar=14373&base=2
Female Posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum) Empty Re: Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum)

Post by sweettee11 6/6/2010, 12:02 am

Oooh!!! I love it!!!!
sweettee11
sweettee11
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2177

Back to top Go down

Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum) Empty Re: Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum)

Post by Vaneskera 6/6/2010, 7:50 pm

Qual è il tuo nome? : What is your name?

Parli inglese? : Do you speak English?

Sì. : Yes

Ciao, sono Cara! : Hi, I'm Cara!

Il mio nome Isabella. Call me Bella. : My name's Isabella. Call me Bella.

Ti piace la nostra scuola? Questo deve essere un grande cambiamento in America!: Do you like our school? This must be a big change from America!

Lo amo così lontano. L'Italia è molto piacevole. : I love it so far. Italy is very nice.

Che cosa è successo alla tua guancia? : What happened to your cheek?

Shh, Shh, non abbiate paura. : Shh, Shh, don't be afraid.

Volturi

I am about to scream when a gag is stuffed in my mouth. It feels leathery, it must be someone's gloves. Someone holds my hands together behind my back, and then we're moving, so fast that everything is only streaks on the empty street, and this goes on for several minutes, and I feel woozy.

When I'm put down, and the gloves are freed from my mouth, I fall over onto my knees and vomit. Only then, when I look up, do I realize I'm in a room, surrounded by beautiful people. They are all looking at me from faces that range from confusion to annoyance.

I turn my head and see three men on thrones. They are all very pale, there skin looks almost brittle. They have large red eyes. The only differences is hair color, and it barely is. Two men have jet black hair, the ones on the right and middle. The man on the left has icy white hair. The white haired man looks mean, for lack of better word, the man in the middle looks vaguely confused, and the one on the right looks bored, disinterested.

The middle one speaks first. "Jane, Alec, why have you brought her here?" He says.

"Our powers don't work on her." The girl speaks. The boy nods his head, warily looking in the middle ones direction.

"Hmm…" He says, before standing and walking toward me, and taking my hand. His skin is hard, but feels almost flaky. He looks perplexed now.

"Qual è il tuo nome?"

"Isabella Swan." I say quickly.

"Parli inglese?" He asks.

"Sì." I say.

"Where are you from?"

"Forks, Washington State."

"Why are you here? Alone?"

"I was going to hail a taxi too my new boarding school." I say.

"Where is your school?"

"Volterra, Italy."

The man put his hands against his head.

"You are too young to change. You will speak of nothing, understand?"

I nod my head, unsure of what was happening.

"You will go to your boarding school now. I see Jane has your bags. We will summon you by the end of the week."

The girl, Jane I guess, took hold of my arm, leading me down the stairs. She took me into a garage, filled with fancy new cars. I wasn't really paying attention as she shoved me into the passenger seat of one as we drove off.

The next morning, I don't dwell on what I've learned. I'm looking at the white ceiling of the room, when my roommate introduces herself. She's really pretty, and clearly Italian.

"Ciao, sono Cara!" She says in a bubbly voice, clasping her hands together, grinning wildly.

"Il mio nome Isabella. Call me Bella."

"Ti piace la nostra scuola? Questo deve essere un grande cambiamento in America!" She says, still happy.

"Lo amo così lontano. L'Italia è molto piacevole." I say, before getting dressed.

All my classes are in Italian, and I've placed in French for foreign language. I wish it could have been English, but Charlie apparently didn't agree.

I loved the boarding school. People were quite nice, though nosy, I'd probably go stark raving mad if someone asked, "Che cosa è successo alla tua guancia?" again.

I'd forgotten all about the stranger encounter, and passed it off as a dream in the end, my memory of it was so fuzzy.

That was, until Friday afternoon, when I was sitting in the school's courtyard, alone. When someone shook the wire fence.

There was a cloaked figure as I looked over, in a huge grey cloak. They lowered their hood, and I saw Jane's face, an emotionless expression on her face. "Aro summons you. Go to the gate. Now." She says, her voice icy cold. I quietly pad to the gate, and a cold hand grips my wrist. She whisks me into a car, and I hear her say "Step on it, Felix."

When we get back, I'm shoved back into the throne room, and the vampire who was in the middle, stands there, a rather large smile on his face.

"Hello, dear Isabella!" He says enthusiastically when we stop moving. "What a pleasure it is to see you again!"

"Aro, get to the point." The one with the blonde hair growl, tapping his shoe against the floor.

"Alright, alright, Caius." He sighs, before staring right at me. "Isabella, what have you gathered about us?"

I search my mind, and find a burst of images. "Beauty-" I say, when I remember seeing the boys face for the first time. "Speed-" Jane and the boy running. "Strength-" Jane holding me with ease. "Um…Eyes," I say, glancing up at Aro's misty red ones. "Hard skin-" Aro's hand, holding mine. "Cold skin-" I say, remember how cold Jane's hand had been on my wrist.

I close my mouth, and look at the floor. "And what have you thought of this information, Isabella?"

"Nothing, sir." The sir seemed like a good touch, I didn't want to offend the man. He looked at me funny.

"You have absolutely no idea?" He said in a curious voice.

"I didn't dwell on it."

"She knows too much." The white-haired one, Caius, broke in. "She'll expose us."

"I don't agree, Caius. She hasn't even thought of her last experience till now! And imagine her future!" Aro said, looking at me, like I was a bag of gold. I had no idea what they were talking about.

"Fine! But don't say I didn't warn you!" Caius said angrily.

Aro looked at me again. "You honestly have no idea?" He pressed.

"No, I don't." I say, hanging my head.

Aro pulled up my head to look at me with his hand, and mouthed a single word. "Vampires,"

I took a step back, and bumped into a large burly man. I screamed. I wanted to run, but my feet refused to work, my body stilled in shock.

"Shh, Shh, non abbiate paura." Aro said quietly. "We have no intentions of hurting you. Not a one." He said, and my breathing slowed.

"I am Aro." He said gesturing to himself. "That is Caius." He said, pointing to the white haired one. "There is Marcus," He spoke calmly, gesturing to the one who had hair like his own.

"Behind you is Felix, and Jane brought you here. Soon, very soon, you will have the pleasure of meeting the rest of the guard."
Vaneskera
Vaneskera
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Italian Ice (Twilight Fanfic, and my TwigWriSum) ?total=50000&sofar=14373&base=2

Back to top Go down

Post by sweettee11 6/6/2010, 8:12 pm

Good job!!
sweettee11
sweettee11
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2177

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 6/6/2010, 8:18 pm

Great job!
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaneskera 6/6/2010, 9:53 pm

Thanks, guys! Smile
Vaneskera
Vaneskera
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down