The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Democracy or Dictatorship? A futuristic private roleplay

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Democracy or Dictatorship? A futuristic private roleplay Empty Democracy or Dictatorship? A futuristic private roleplay

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 1:25 am

de·moc·ra·cy (dĭ-mŏk'rə-sē) n.
  1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
  2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
  3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
  4. Majority rule.
  5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

Hmm... No, not quite.

dic·ta·tor·ship (dĭk-tā'tər-shĭp') n.
  1. A country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator.
  2. Absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control.
  3. The office or position held by a dictator.

Yeah. That's better.

The year 2473 CE.

Here's the deal. The government is corrupt. They're just a bunch of rich, seriously overweight guys in suits who don't care about anything but themselves - oh, and their bank accounts, of course. They claim we're still a democracy, but in truth, the voting is rigged. It's plain as day - not that we have much of that anymore. The problem is that anyone with a penny to their name is glued to a screen 24/7 (although that's just an expression these days; there are only twenty-three hours to a day now, of course), and everyone else is too hungry to give a crap.

And nature? What nature? Earth is totaled. The only living creatures are us. Human beings.
Homo sapien sapien sapien. Although I'm sure a couple of cockroaches have survived somewhere, down in the slums. They always do.

Plants? Trees, bushes, flowers? Nope. Nada. All our oxygen is artificially produced. I don't even want to know how. Judging by everything else we've found out, they're probably crushing the air out of babies or something.

But that's not the point. The point is, humanity has destroyed the planet. It's not long before we destroy ourselves too. And that's a fact.

The government is up to something. And it's my job to find out what.

Will you join me? Here are the coordinates to find---

MESSAGE END

-+-+-+-

Cast of Characters:

The Government:

President: Michael Lee. Tall and extremely skinny, he has black hair and sharp, dark brown eyes. He always wears a freshly pressed, dark blue suit (black is too old-fashioned for him), a crisp, sky blue shirt, and a pure white tie. He's always completely serious, never even smiling a little. He has no mercy for people who break his laws and he convicts so-called criminals himself. 53 years old. [R]
Vice-President: John Wiff. A little short compared to most others, he is of stocky stature, but not fat in anyway. He has short, peppery hair and dark brown eyes. John is usually a strict, serious man in a gray business suit. He doesn't take "no" for an answer and loves to just sit around and eat donuts. 45 years old. [T]

The Anti-Government Association (AGA):
Leader: Vanessa Polerfield. Of average height, though she is on the skinny side. She has dark brown, straight hair that falls halfway down her back and emerald gray eyes. She is a feisty, young, willful leader. Vanessa is never one to give up. She is sneaky, tends to smirk to often, and loves her sarcasm. 18 years old. [T]
Second in Command: Ira Waite. A little bit on the short side, she's small and quick, and has the kind of face that your eyes tend to just skim over and forget about, making her ideal for spying and undercover work. She's quiet and reserved, although once she gets talking she may ramble a bit. Excluding trying to uncover government conspiracies, one of her favorite hobbies is learning difficult vocabulary words and using them in everyday conversations. 19 years old. [R]

Key:
[T] = Twarry's character
[R] = Ratty's character

Last edited by rattyjol on 6/29/2010, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Democracy or Dictatorship? A futuristic private roleplay Empty Re: Democracy or Dictatorship? A futuristic private roleplay

Post by Horsey 6/29/2010, 1:30 am

[Looks great! Much better than I could have done Razz ]
[1. I'll PM you my charries
2. Yes, the message can be from second-in-command
3. Hm...I'll try and think up of a name for the anti-government peeps]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]
Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Democracy or Dictatorship? A futuristic private roleplay Empty Re: Democracy or Dictatorship? A futuristic private roleplay

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 1:32 am

(Thanks. Very Happy I enjoy formatting.
1. 'Kay. Very Happy
2. Yay! applause
3. Good. xD Cuz I'm totally blank.)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/29/2010, 1:38 am

[PM sent]
[Haha. You know this is my first ever PRP? I'm pretty ecstatic! cheesy ]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 1:43 am

(Got it. I'll add them tomorrow, though, cuz I'm trying to finish up some stuff before I go to bed. xD Unless I finish it all before eleven. nod

Ooh. Yay! yayparty!)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/29/2010, 1:48 am

[It's 15min till 2am for me xD]
[So would you just rather start tomorrow, then?]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 1:50 am

(It's 10:50 here and I have camp tomorrow so I gotta get off at 11. xP

Yeah, that'd be best. Since I don't even have my characters yet. xD)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/29/2010, 1:53 am

[Okay then]
[I'm going to watch Death Note so...g'night!]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 2:01 am

(Ooh, Death Note, yay! applause Nighty night.)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/29/2010, 10:54 am

[I'm on ^_^]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 9:26 pm

(Sorry, I had to go to camp. Razz I'll make my characters as soon as I finish replying to my other PRPs. Very Happy)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/29/2010, 9:28 pm

[Great! I'm gonna do a starter post for Vanessa here in a sec....]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/29/2010, 9:43 pm

Vanessa Polterfield
Losing is not an option

She sat on top of a large pile of crates in a a corner, in an abandoned warehouse. The building had many steps, levels, and hiding places that made her choose this as the perfect hideout for when the AGA had its official meetings. Sitting next to the girl was a pile of papers with random plans, hypothesis', and even a few doodles scribbled on to it. She would occasionally bite down on her lower lip, shuffle the papers, and sigh before looking out the window to her right.

"We know they're up to something. But there's no clues as to what....,"
Vanessa murmured grumpily before standing, shoving the papers in a bag, and taking the other crates like stairs until she jumped down from the second one stacked.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 11:17 pm

(I might make templates later but for now I don't feel like it. Razz)

"...by the power of the Court and the State I hereby pronounce that your life from now until the day you die will be spent in Punishment, with no chance of parole-"

Ira flipped a switch, a look of utter disgust on her face, and the recording shut down. She had managed to microbug President Lee's office the previous week, but all the minuscule recording devices had picked up before being discovered was the trial of an innocent bystander who had accidentally broken one of the President's idiot laws and was sentenced to what was basically living death as a result. She had listened to the recording three times through already, scrutinizing it for something, anything, that the AGA could use to help their mission, and she couldn't stand to hear it anymore.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/30/2010, 12:07 am

rattyjol wrote:(I might make templates later but for now I don't feel like it. Razz)

"...by the power of the Court and the State I hereby pronounce that your life from now until the day you die will be spent in Punishment, with no chance of parole-"

Ira flipped a switch, a look of utter disgust on her face, and the recording shut down. She had managed to microbug President Lee's office the previous week, but all the minuscule recording devices had picked up before being discovered was the trial of an innocent bystander who had accidentally broken one of the President's idiot laws and was sentenced to what was basically living death as a result. She had listened to the recording three times through already, scrutinizing it for something, anything, that the AGA could use to help their mission, and she couldn't stand to hear it anymore.
[This is a very simple one I do for a lot of characters. It's not even a template, really. I should make a good one...]

Vanessa Polterfield
Losing is not an option

A tingling sensation glided up her ankles and all the way into her calves. She just simply sighed, her "asleep" legs having been the effect of sitting down too long. She ran a hand through her knotted hair, then quickly tied it up in a pony-tail to keep it out of her face.

I wonder if Ira got anything out of that video, yet?
I should go check on her, Vanessa decided, taking the stairs two at a time as she climbed up a few levels to the room with their electronics in it. She pushed open the door with two fingers. "Ira?"

Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/30/2010, 12:12 am

"Hm?" the girl asked, turning towards the door. She silently hoped that Vanessa had come to tell her that she was needed elsewhere, and not to ask her whether she'd found anything on the recording yet.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 6/30/2010, 11:43 am

rattyjol wrote:
"Hm?" the girl asked, turning towards the door. She silently hoped that Vanessa had come to tell her that she was needed elsewhere, and not to ask her whether she'd found anything on the recording yet.

Vanessa Polterfield

Losing is not an option

She smiled sheepishly at her comrad. "I was wondering if you've found anything yet? I mean, you have been working on this quite a while," Vanessa replied, finding herself a fold-up chair, grabbing it, and sitting on it next to Ira. "If not, I think it's a dud," she sighed, really disappointed. She knew it had taken a lot to get this tiny video of information...but it was nothing they needed. Failure. They lost a game. One point government, zero for the AGA.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/1/2010, 12:10 am

Ira shook her head. "I've listened to it three times already. If there's anything there, I'm not getting it." She glanced away from Vanessa, biting her lip. "It's horrible. We have to stop this." She shivered.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/1/2010, 8:47 pm

rattyjol wrote:
Ira shook her head. "I've listened to it three times already. If there's anything there, I'm not getting it." She glanced away from Vanessa, biting her lip. "It's horrible. We have to stop this." She shivered.

Vanessa Polterfield
Losing is not an option

The girl nodded and scratched her head with a sigh. "Trash the video, then. You are the only one that would be able to figure something out like this and you don't see anything," Vanessa let her hands fall into her lap. "What do you think our next plan should be? We don't have much time."
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/1/2010, 9:05 pm

She nodded gratefully and hit the 'erase' button with extra vigor, as if by getting rid of the recording she could obliterate the deed as well. "Well, we could see if we can get another microbug in there..." she thought out loud, her speech awkwardly slow as it usually was when she was thinking hard. "But there's no promise that something like this won't happen again... Maybe we can get one of our spies into their staff? It should be someone charismatic, a good actor so they can get hired and make it relatively quickly up to the top levels and get close to Lee." Her voice rose in disgust as she said the President's name.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/2/2010, 4:17 pm

rattyjol wrote:
She nodded gratefully and hit the 'erase' button with extra vigor, as if by getting rid of the recording she could obliterate the deed as well. "Well, we could see if we can get another microbug in there..." she thought out loud, her speech awkwardly slow as it usually was when she was thinking hard. "But there's no promise that something like this won't happen again... Maybe we can get one of our spies into their staff? It should be someone charismatic, a good actor so they can get hired and make it relatively quickly up to the top levels and get close to Lee." Her voice rose in disgust as she said the President's name.

Vanessa Polterfield
Losing is not an option

She sighed and crossed her arms to think. They had gone through a lot of trouble to get that microbug video in there...and yet nothing came out of it. Vanessa wasn't so sure she wanted to go with that plan again. "That could solve a lot of our problems, but it would take a lot of time. But I like it. Who do you think would be good for it...?"
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/2/2010, 8:08 pm

Ira squinted in concentration, going through each of the too-few members of the AGA and thinking about whether or not they had the necessary qualities. "I'm not sure... Jonathan, maybe?"

(Jonathan's just a random name. xD)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/3/2010, 8:03 pm

rattyjol wrote:
Ira squinted in concentration, going through each of the too-few members of the AGA and thinking about whether or not they had the necessary qualities. "I'm not sure... Jonathan, maybe?"

(Jonathan's just a random name. xD)
[xD]
[Should one of us play him, or just kinda time-skip?]

Vanessa Polterfield

Losing is not an option

She massaged her temples with her pointer and middle-fingers. Why did this have to be so difficult? The government was actually good at doing something and it wasn't ruling the country. But hiding things.

But of course nothing was going to be easy. She didn't expect it to be.

"Jonathan, hm?"[/b] Vanessa sighed,[b] "he's got the looks, but I don't know much about his personality. He's quiet. Is he smart?"
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 10:29 pm

(Umm... I guess I'll play him.)

"He's..." Ira paused as she searched for the right term. "...very perceptive. He picks up on the details. As for intelligence... We'll he's no genius, but he's not particularly obtuse."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/4/2010, 12:08 pm

rattyjol wrote:(Umm... I guess I'll play him.)

"He's..." Ira paused as she searched for the right term. "...very perceptive. He picks up on the details. As for intelligence... We'll he's no genius, but he's not particularly obtuse."

Vanessa Polterfield

Losing is not an option

"Great!" She clasped her hands together happily and stood. "We don't want someone too perfect to just show up and want to work with the government; they could suspect something. Where is he at now? I'll go let him know and then all three of us can make plans..."
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next