The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Addiction to TWIG-Please read.

+3
Jesus4Eternity
Aven
B
7 posters

Go down

Addiction to TWIG-Please read. Empty Addiction to TWIG-Please read.

Post by B 7/3/2010, 9:10 pm

I can't get off of the computer for more than 10 minutes because of how much I love TWIG. Anyone have advice...because I have no friends in my neighborhood. ._.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Addiction to TWIG-Please read. Empty Re: Addiction to TWIG-Please read.

Post by Aven 7/3/2010, 9:52 pm

Try to find something you really love, perhaps a hobby? Other than Twig. Maybe you notice you like drawing. Take five minutes off the computer to draw. Use a timer. After about three days, switch to drawing for ten mintues. Increase in time every so often, then you could take that time off to do something else. =3 Hope I helped!
Aven
Aven
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/3/2010, 9:54 pm

My hobby is gymnastics and when I do gymnastics, I sweat. A lot. The gym's not open this week....._. Stupid holidays.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 7/3/2010, 10:17 pm

Dude, I'm addicted to TWIG. I admit it... and really, don't do anything about it, which is unhealthy. You should see me when I get in trouble and can't use the computer.... O.o

Anyway, try making TWIG a reward. When you do chores/homework, give yourself Tiwg Time. (:
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Addiction to TWIG-Please read. Siggy
Addiction to TWIG-Please read. SiggyAddiction to TWIG-Please read. Siggy
Addiction to TWIG-Please read. SiggyAddiction to TWIG-Please read. Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/3/2010, 10:25 pm

Hm. If you want to know what being addicted to Twig feels like, let me tell you about the time I tried to use it when I was on the ski slope... :3

Anyway, about not being on Twig so much? Well, during the school year, when you get home from school, do homework first and then get on Twig. It'll feel a lot better to know you have everything done. On weekends and during the summer, try to make a habit of going on the site right when you wake up. Do other stuff first, get stuff done, then, like Amanda said, reward yourself with Twig.

Now, if only I could follow my own advice. rolleyes
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/4/2010, 3:24 am

I'm just like Amanda - I'm way too addicted to Twig, and though I've tried to ease the addiction before it just doesn't work. It's a fun site, and we do fun things, and improve our writing and typing and stuff.

All I can tell you is never try to 'take a break' from Twig. Because you will fail, if you're like me and not like Komo, and you will end up spending more time on Twig than you would have without the break.

Also, there's this one thing I suggested to Shadow - mark all threads read when you come on and then only read the ones you really want to. Then you might not have the urge to read all new threads, like I do.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Addiction to TWIG-Please read. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/4/2010, 9:34 am

Rewarding yourself with Twig is a good idea. The most important thing should be whatever homework and chores you have, so make sure you do those before anything else. Then, you can also make yourself a to-do list. Maybe it's just what you want to do in your free time, or maybe it includes that homework and chores, but it can definitely help. And put Twig all the way on the bottom, if you know that you'll never get off when you get on. So then you have to do everything else first. If you're really desperate, you can involve your parents in making you stay off until the rest of the list is completed, but that could be painful. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Addiction to TWIG-Please read. 1312Addiction to TWIG-Please read. 2412Addiction to TWIG-Please read. 3349Addiction to TWIG-Please read. 3548Addiction to TWIG-Please read. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/4/2010, 11:58 am

Well, if I were to reward myself, it would be with money most likely. XP I'm not big with rewards on myself, so that's gonna be hard..I think I'll ask my dad to take me to the library tommorow so that I can get a couple of books to read. Just to stop the addiction for awhile. It'll probably be manga. I hope they didn't turn the library into a Burger king...
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal 7/6/2010, 12:15 pm

in your neighborhood do you act like you do online?
Johnny Gal
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down