The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood and Chocolate

4 posters

Go down

Blood and Chocolate Empty Blood and Chocolate

Post by Avé 7/10/2010, 1:20 am

Have you ever heard of the novel 'Blood and Chocolate' by Annette Curtis Klause? I followed a roleplay that was loosely based off it once, and it seemed like a really interesting book. We're going to the bookstore tomorrow and I'd love to get it, though I'd like to know if anyone else has read it before I buy it. If you have, is it any good?

If you haven't ever read it, do you have any other recomemndations for books that I should get?
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Blood and Chocolate Empty Re: Blood and Chocolate

Post by shadowsowner888 7/10/2010, 9:31 am

I haven't read it. D:

But there was this really cute manga I read, Fall in Love Like a Comic. Kinda really pointless, but still, really cute! Very Happy It couldn't hurt to take a peek at it if they have it, right?

Oh, and Eternal is a cool book. cheesy It's about guardian angels and vampires! And romance! Oh my gosh, I'm freaking out just thinking about how cool that book was. XD

And I have one final book to recommend - Making the Kids Mind Without Losing Yours. smug
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Blood and Chocolate 1312Blood and Chocolate 2412Blood and Chocolate 3349Blood and Chocolate 3548Blood and Chocolate 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/10/2010, 11:50 am

Aw. Dx But I'll definitely check out those other two! The second one sounds particularly wonderful. And the last book... well, I looked for it the last time we went to the bookstore after you had recommended it, though I'll be sure to look better this time. :3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/10/2010, 11:53 am

You should, Ave, really. nod And I hope you find it, too, because it's a very enlightening book!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Blood and Chocolate 1312Blood and Chocolate 2412Blood and Chocolate 3349Blood and Chocolate 3548Blood and Chocolate 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 7/10/2010, 11:54 am

I remember that RP! Such a cool plot. I tried roleplaying on it once, but I wasn't really 'in the loop'. *-*

I'd recommend the Mysterious Benedict Society series. It's truly magnificent mystery book with riddles and puzzles 'n junk. nod Or, the Westing Game. SUCH AN AWESOME BOOK. It's pure genius. You have to read it. It's about this dead guy who has a will to his whole fortune but it's sort of like a game made of riddles and clues and such that you have to try to win, and it's really spooky because it seems like the guy is still alive, but they know that he's dead because his body is lying in the coffin and they all see it and stuff. o.o
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/10/2010, 11:59 am

I will, Shad. nod

I know, me too! D:
Urgh. I already told you what I thought of mysteries. XD Maybe I'll give 'em a try anyway!
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 7/14/2010, 4:21 pm

I've heard of that before, and almost bought it, but I dunno what happened to that.

I highly recommend Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, it's a cool book. It's about this girl named Samantha Kingston who dies-- Well, it's just a mixture of Mean Girls and Groundhog Day, pretty much. nod

---

Here's basically what it's about:

In this Groundhog Day meets Mean Girls teen hybrid, Sam Kingston is pretty, popular, and has a seemingly perfect boyfriend. But after a late-night party everything goes terribly wrong, and the life that she lived is gone forever. Or is it?

At the start of Before I Fall, Sam is self-consumed and oblivious about the impact of her actions on others. But as she repeatedly experiences slightly altered versions of the hours leading up to her death—and her relationships with friends, family, and formerly overlooked classmates bloom, end, or shift—it’s impossible not to feel for the girl whose life ends too soon.

----
Then there's another on amazon, but it gives a lot away. nod
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/15/2010, 12:44 am

Leah, that sounds really awesome! I'll have to check it out. ^^
(See, we ended up not going to the book store. XD)
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 7/15/2010, 12:48 am

Though I should add, it came out last month, so most libraries might not have it. I know Books*A*Million does though, since I saw it in there.
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/15/2010, 1:13 am

Yeah, we'll be going to Borders, so hopefully they'll have it. :3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 7/15/2010, 1:18 am

Oooh, oooh! I really think you should try Pretty Little Liars. xD It's really good, and I just think you'd like it from the first four books I've read. (:
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/15/2010, 1:28 am

I may try them too, then. I've only watched the first episode of the show, though my sister really liked the series when she read them. ^^
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 7/15/2010, 1:36 am

The books are WAY better than the show, they leave out too much in the show. But I gotta agree with Forrey also, just to add, I've gotten a ton of recommendations for that book series. I've heard it was really good. Well, that's all I have to say. xD
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down