The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your school required summer reading books?

+5
Arianna
rattyjol
The Newms
Avé
Elmo
9 posters

Go down

What are your school required summer reading books? Empty What are your school required summer reading books?

Post by Elmo 7/20/2010, 5:52 pm

What books do you have to read over the summer for school?

My school wasn't actually that bad this year in picking out its books. I have to read The Hunger Games (Yes! Finally my school picks a good book!) and The Boy Who Dared (Alright I guess. I'm not into historical books but at least its short...)
Elmo
Elmo
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

What are your school required summer reading books? Siggy

Male Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

What are your school required summer reading books? Empty Re: What are your school required summer reading books?

Post by Avé 7/20/2010, 5:56 pm

We just have to read one book and write a report on it. -shrug-
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

What are your school required summer reading books? Empty Re: What are your school required summer reading books?

Post by Elmo 7/20/2010, 7:37 pm

That's what we get to do in high school. Have you decided which book you're going to pick?
Elmo
Elmo
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/20/2010, 7:44 pm

Eh, not yet. XD I was considering maybe Paper Towns or Looking for Alaska. Possibly Blood and Chocolate... haven't decided yet.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 7/20/2010, 9:42 pm

My required books are terrible, of course. Dx
We can pick either Bodega Dreams by...someone....or The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinback. Both fairly terrible.

Then we also have to read a book called The Heart of the Sea, which is about Moby WHALES!***, but it's not the actual story. It's just a book about another book. Dx

Next year, though, we get to read The Life of Pi, which I've heard is really good, so I'm happy. xD

*** EDIT: Well, I completely forgot that word would be censored xD Um, yeah, I wasn't cursing, I was merely stating the title of a book. Which, is actually about whales, so I guess thats a decent censor.
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmo 7/20/2010, 9:56 pm

I've read The Life of Pi and I thought it was very good.

I can't even read Moby WHALES! so I can't even imagine reading ABOUT it!
Elmo
Elmo
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/21/2010, 12:46 am

This year... nothing, actually. o.0 At least, I reallyreallyreally hope not... Because I haven't gotten anything, and since I'm transferring to the public school system and they don't make it easy to transfer (it took like five tries just to get the registration forms), I'm worried I'm gonna show up and be the only one who didn't hear about the summer homework... xP
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmo 7/21/2010, 9:27 am

rattyjol wrote:This year... nothing, actually. o.0 At least, I reallyreallyreally hope not... Because I haven't gotten anything, and since I'm transferring to the public school system and they don't make it easy to transfer (it took like five tries just to get the registration forms), I'm worried I'm gonna show up and be the only one who didn't hear about the summer homework... xP

Then hopefully you won't have to take the summer reading test! xD
Elmo
Elmo
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/21/2010, 10:33 am

We don't have to read anything. Not even for German, which sorta freaks me out. I bet we're gonna have ten books to read at once when it starts. ._.

Anyway, I've read a bazillion books already. First, I had a lot of time to read in Greece, so I read all of the books I brought. Second, it was my birthday, so I got a lot of new books. And then devoured them all in the next three days. Razz And third, I have a book blog now. So I've done a lot of reading despite the lack of requirements.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

What are your school required summer reading books? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/21/2010, 10:59 am

They don't assign reading at our school! Psh. I wish they did though.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Jessi O'Shea 7/21/2010, 11:06 am

. . . I thought that schools only made kids read books over the summer on tv. 0.o Yea! 10 O'clock and I've already learned something new today! Razz

My middle school doesn't do it atleast. But I'm pretty sure that the high school. *sigh* -_- Eh, I'll have had nine years of school without it, four with it won't kill me.
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6862

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/21/2010, 6:51 pm

We don't have required summer reading, but there's this optional Summer Bingo card we can fill out, and if we get a bingo, then we get to have a doughnut breakfast in the school library. :O Or maybe it's solely if you participate, I don't know. The only reason I'm probably not going to fill out a card (though I've already read three books) is because it'll probably be Krispy Kreme doughnuts and I have difficulties eating a whole KK doughnut. Dx
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by conich 7/25/2010, 10:55 pm

We don't have summer reading lists at my school, but we have to read alot once school starts because we have alot of book reports.
conich
conich
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down