The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put your last post of this Twig here~

+16
Noah the Flood
B
UchihaGirl1135
rattyjol
Avé
shadowsowner888
Malicious Nightmares
Komoda
Aven
MCRRockz123
Arianna
Squeecky540
MusicWritingLove
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Jinx
lauren
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Put your last post of this Twig here~ Empty Put your last post of this Twig here~

Post by lauren 7/30/2010, 12:26 pm

Me myself and I aren't leaving yet, I'mma stick around a bit longer... HOWEVER, when you are ready to leave, make your last post on this thread so there aren't fifty million in the section. xD
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Put your last post of this Twig here~ Empty Re: Put your last post of this Twig here~

Post by lauren 7/30/2010, 2:56 pm

Okay. *deepbreath*
My last post.
I am so happy to have found this website. I've made many new friends and reconnected with some old, which is great. I'm sad to leave, even though I'm just going to a better version of this same thing. I don't know why it's hard D: But anyways. My last post. Once I sign off, I'll be off for good. On this site, anyways.
<3
P.S On newtwig, I'll be 'Lauren' with a capital L
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Put your last post of this Twig here~ Empty Re: Put your last post of this Twig here~

Post by Jinx 7/30/2010, 2:58 pm

BYAH!
~Mea
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 7/30/2010, 3:18 pm

Wow. September was a long time ago, wasn't it? I've been here for almost an entire year now.
And it's time to move on. A new TWIG, like a fresh-baked cookie. Mmm.
'S been good. See you all on the other side. *waves*

Also, I may as well mention that as of newTWIG, I'm no longer Shadeweaver. Just Kiriana.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/30/2010, 3:37 pm

THIS IS THE END. xD

I will really miss TWIG - at least this version of it. But I am so glad I've found it and found with it a more mature me, and new horizons.

I love you all, and this sounds too much like a goodbye speech to me, so this is Ellie, signing off.
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeecky540 7/30/2010, 4:17 pm

Buh-bye old TWIG. x]
Squeecky540
Squeecky540
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/31/2010, 5:56 am

Goodbye, old Twig. :3

As much as I hate phpBB, I have so many fond memories of this forum and chatbox. Very Happy I'll never forget it here.

Aaaand that is my last post. Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Put your last post of this Twig here~ 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MCRRockz123 7/31/2010, 2:08 pm

I'm very sad to be leaving but will see you all soon Crying or Very sad
MCRRockz123
MCRRockz123
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4872

http://mylifeismusic.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aven 7/31/2010, 3:46 pm

-sigh- Twig is amazing. I remember the day I joined...not exactly long ago, but still far away. I can't believe how sad this is. I'll probably come here every so often to check things to Copy and Paste to the new Twig, but no more posting. Goodbye, Twig.

~Phoenix~
Aven
Aven
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/31/2010, 7:48 pm

I don't like the new Twig, so I don't think I'm going to be leaving this one until it expires. ^^
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/31/2010, 7:54 pm

Komoda wrote:I don't like the new Twig, so I don't think I'm going to be leaving this one until it expires. ^^

I agree.
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/31/2010, 8:45 pm

What about it don't ya guys like? Out of curiosity, lol.

(I'm sorry for being off-topic. ^^; Heh.)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Put your last post of this Twig here~ 1312Put your last post of this Twig here~ 2412Put your last post of this Twig here~ 3349Put your last post of this Twig here~ 3548Put your last post of this Twig here~ 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/31/2010, 9:46 pm

It's glitchy, slow, there's only one language available, our rep is gone, all the polls are gone, no bbcode nesting, it's hard to get the smiley list, there's no automatic things for codes up top...do I really have to go on? I just can't see one thing about that place that was worth going through all the hassle. -.- I'm sorry. It's not necessarily that it's all that bad, but I don't see what's so great about it that we had to move for it...? Besides, you have to pay for it, don't you? I don't see why you should have to do that when it's perfectly fine how it is.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/31/2010, 9:54 pm

Eh, I hate to say it, but I kinda agree, Mo. Not that I don't like the new Twig, I just prefer this one, so you'll be seeing me around until this one is gone. :3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/31/2010, 10:10 pm

. . . omg, I just discovered the beauty of Twig in Japanese. XD I wonder why I never noticed that before.

Anyway, no, don't apologize, Komo. XD It's your opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that. I thank you two for being honest about it, really, and I see what you're saying with all those issues, Komo.

I can comment on the slowness and code button thingies. xD First of all, we'll have the code buttons soon. The add-on for that just wasn't working for a while, or else it would have been up from the start.

Then the slowness . . . well, that's not supposed to be happening. It's not the hosting, and it's not the number of people online either, cus it was even worse for me at one point when there were just three our four members on. So we're not sure what's going on with that, but we're hoping to get that fixed soon.

Oh, and smilies. o_O No clue why they're being so weird, but I just realized you're right on that. I need to figure that out . . .

But yah, I don't need to go on and on, ha. So I'll just add that there are things MyBB can do that Forumotion can't - like, we can allow signatures to be any length now, posts can be any length, threads won't split at a thousand posts, we can give people any amount of PM space . . . and I'm not trying to make you change your opinions or anything. XD Just wanted to point out some of the good points, in MyBB's defense.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Put your last post of this Twig here~ 1312Put your last post of this Twig here~ 2412Put your last post of this Twig here~ 3349Put your last post of this Twig here~ 3548Put your last post of this Twig here~ 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/31/2010, 10:19 pm

Nice! XP

I just didn't want you to think I was mad at you, because I'm not. (I elaborated in the PM) XD

I'm glad to hear that it'll be working soon. :3

Yeah, maybe it just needs to adjust.

Yeah, probably just a matter of adjusting too, since so many were added at a time?

Okay, well I'm glad you pointed out some good things, because I just wanted to know what made it worth it. ^^ I'm really happy about the signature thing, because then we can do fades.

But still...the rep. DDDD:
(I really shouldn't care, but it just makes me seem like a *insert profanity here*. You know, like: "oh, she has 6k posts but no rep? What a tool. I'm not talking to her.")

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/31/2010, 10:42 pm

XD Haha, I'mma give you a reply to that in the PM.

Yeah, that's one of the theories. xD The other is that it's got something to do with the theme, but heck, I wouldn't know. I wish I was some epic computer genius instead of just, like, your average teen. Razz The scary part is that not even Ari's sure why it's lagging, though.

Well, half of it was my fault, I'm afraid. XD Like, you know how it has the little table besides posts in the advanced replying part? And there were only three? (Btw, does it work for you at all when you click 'get more'?) That's cus there was a problem with the smilies. Dunno what happened; they were working fine, then all the links broke, so we had to delete them all and get them back up. Which is why there were only two or three smilies in that table, because I'd only put that many there until we got more of them to work. There's more now, though, or there should be. XD I haven't checked it in the main forums, though the admin panel says it worked.

x3 Really, lol? I'm glad I mentioned them too, then, because for a while I didn't even say anything about that. . . . then I'll also add that MyBB sorta can do anything. Forumotion is so limited . . . but what you can't change by default in MyBB, we can recode it or get plugins and stuff. I mean, you can do that here too, but it's harder because, as I understand it, there's not as many hooks in the coding. XD If that makes any sense.

Hey, who said you didn't have any rep? smug
But now I understand that. XD Cus you commented before on being disappointed about losing the rep, and I was wondering why you felt that way, not that there aren't good reasons to, but yeah. I like understanding things.
However, at least everyone started over together on that, right? XD So it's not like you're the only one with low rep, so I'm sure people aren't going to think anything bad of you for it. (Especially not while I'm around to change their minds. >D) I think Ari has the most, and even she only has eight. AND. If you have two rep now, that's one for every three thousand posts. I have six, which is about one for every four thousand. XD So I'm even worse then you.
And the system sucks anyway, cus you can only give a user rep once . . . but there'll be an update for that soon, actually. But that shouldn't be classified as arguing for anything. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/31/2010, 11:47 pm

Komoda wrote:It's glitchy, slow, there's only one language available, our rep is gone, all the polls are gone, no bbcode nesting, it's hard to get the smiley list, there's no automatic things for codes up top...do I really have to go on? I just can't see one thing about that place that was worth going through all the hassle. -.- I'm sorry. It's not necessarily that it's all that bad, but I don't see what's so great about it that we had to move for it...? Besides, you have to pay for it, don't you? I don't see why you should have to do that when it's perfectly fine how it is.

That's exactly what I was thinking when the site first went up, Mo. xP It's starting to grow on me now, though I still like this Twig better too.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/1/2010, 9:09 am

I posted a whole huge post here, but it got deleted. So.. I'll just sum it up quickly.

Ari has a right to be against username changes.
Okay.
But I have a right to be against Twig conversion.
The very first switch we did, from Webs to Forumotion was fine.
It was a switch with a good reason, it was a better switch.
But now? What's so much better about the MyBB conversion?
I hate to admit it, but in my opinion, this Twig was a heck lot better.
Simpler, easier to understand, FASTER.
The other Twig is slow. It takes 5 minutes for one page to load.
Here? 2 seconds, not even, and your page is there. Bam. It opens real fast.
Rarely, are there ever any glitches here.
As Mo said, I love the code buttons above this post box. Makes life easier.
By appearance? As nice as the MyBB Twig may look, I like this look better. Simple enough.
Chatbox? No problems as to getting one.
MyBB chatbox? Many problems as to getting one.
Who's online list? At least it actually says who's litterally online.
MyBB? Says who was on in the past hour.
AVATARS? Oh. Twig definately wins on that.
The automatic resizer on MyBB is bugging the crap out of me.
Joey Jordison has a squished face on MyBB. DDD:
Poor Joey.
Then there's the NICKNAME PROBLEM.
Oh, I hate that.
Everyone knows I have a million nicknames, and I DON'T want to shorten it.
I don't want anyone nickname they gave me gone, so they feel left out.
It's annoying to have to choose!

Anyway. Sorry. But I HAD to say that.
See? I can't even log in right now.
Want a screenshot of how bad it is?
No matter what I try, MyBB is messing up on me.
I tried logging in a thousand times, it says; "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage" but I can easily log in and out on Twig, here.
Screenshot? Here you go.
Put your last post of this Twig here~ Untitl19

@Mo; Haha. Me? 19,000+ posts. 1 rep. xDDDD I look horrible. DX
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by UchihaGirl1135 8/1/2010, 9:29 am

I agree with you Mia! I'm on Safari right now and the page won't load up or just ends up just like the picture up there. It keeps on saying 'Failed to Open Page' I thought it was just my internet but it's just the website. I get on here and it works FAST no problems. I miss the code buttons too and the smileys. Okay Mia I agree with every little thing you said. The funny thing is, the new TWIG works better on my Iphone Fast, no glitches. Weird hunh.

Please take that last part back. It still glitches on my Iphone.
UchihaGirl1135
UchihaGirl1135
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4769

http://www.emy1196.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/1/2010, 10:20 am

Quite frankly, I shouldn't be posting here. Anyway, I'm sorta WEREWOLFED! off at what people are saying because a lot of these things could be SOLVED if you just reported them. Your avvie is being resized? Then we can increase the limit. Nicknames - well, we took them out of the posts so they can be as long as you want them to be. As for the code buttons, if Twig weren't not-loading for me (I'll get to that later) you would have them already. You do have a right to be annoyed, yes, just like I have a right to be against username changes. But I am trying my very best and I have spent dozens of hours on this conversion. I know that everything is loading slow and I am TRYING to solve it, even though it's an issue with FatCow. So please, please don't say things are horrible because you haven't even tried to get them changed. ._.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Put your last post of this Twig here~ 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/1/2010, 10:35 am

Hey, Ari, it's okay. ^^ You don't need to be mad about it - they're reporting these things now, aren't they? They're not saying anything bad about you or your work on the site. (Heh, sorry if you didn't need to hear that, I just don't want you to have to be mad about it. ^^; )

She does have a point, though, guys. These things can be solved - just report them. xD How about I go and put up a thread for reporting problems? And, frankly, things are going to be glitching for a while, because the thing is really a new site - not everything's been fixed yet, but it will be.

Again I say the following: Code buttons will be back soon, it's just a matter of installing the right plugin; woulda been up already if the plugin wasn't being screwy.

MyBB who's online? Do you know why it's saying who's been active in the last sixty minutes? Cus sixty minutes is now the threshold for being logged out with inactivity. (Rather than thirty minutes here, which was one thing I was never able to change no matter how many times I tried to.) And if it's a problem for you, not seeing who's online immediately, look at it this way. If a friend isn't there, they're not online. If a friend is, click on their name and take a look on their profile to see what their last activity was. If it was over thirty minutes ago, chances are they're really busy with something or they're not really online.

As Ari said, we can change the avatar resizer there. Would you like us to?

The nickname problem will be figured out; Ari and I are trying to come up with a solution. For now it's not under the posts anymore, though (right, Ari?) so you should be fine if you want to go and add them all in again.

And the theme, we can change that if people really miss this one a lot. XD I mean, not Forry's banner, but at least the rest of it, and we could always have another contest for that later if the banner's something you guys aren't a fan of.

So, okay. Ari, have you definitely figured out that it's Fatcow?

shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B 8/1/2010, 10:49 am

Malicious Nightmares wrote:I posted a whole huge post here, but it got deleted. So.. I'll just sum it up quickly.

Okay.
By appearance? As nice as the MyBB Twig may look, I like this look better. Simple enough.
Poor Joey.
Oh, I hate that.

I tried logging in a thousand times, it says; "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage" but I can easily log in and out on Twig, here.
Screenshot? Here you go.

I have that same exact problem. It'll let you on the homepage but nothing else. eeek!

shadowsowner888 wrote:Hey, Ari, it's okay. ^^ You don't need to be mad about it - they're reporting these things now, aren't they? They're not saying anything bad about you or your work on the site. (Heh, sorry if you didn't need to hear that, I just don't want you to have to be mad about it. ^^; )

She does have a point, though, guys. These things can be solved - just report them. xD How about I go and put up a thread for reporting problems? And, frankly, things are going to be glitching for a while, because the thing is really a new site - not everything's been fixed yet, but it will be.

Again I say the following: Code buttons will be back soon, it's just a matter of installing the right plugin; woulda been up already if the plugin wasn't being screwy.

MyBB who's online? Do you know why it's saying who's been active in the last sixty minutes? Cus sixty minutes is now the threshold for being logged out with inactivity. (Rather than thirty minutes here, which was one thing I was never able to change no matter how many times I tried to.) And if it's a problem for you, not seeing who's online immediately, look at it this way. If a friend isn't there, they're not online. If a friend is, click on their name and take a look on their profile to see what their last activity was. If it was over thirty minutes ago, chances are they're really busy with something or they're not really online.

As Ari said, we can change the avatar resizer there. Would you like us to?

The nickname problem will be figured out; Ari and I are trying to come up with a solution. For now it's not under the posts anymore, though (right, Ari?) so you should be fine if you want to go and add them all in again.

And the theme, we can change that if people really miss this one a lot. XD I mean, not Forry's banner, but at least the rest of it, and we could always have another contest for that later if the banner's something you guys aren't a fan of.

So, okay. Ari, have you definitely figured out that it's Fatcow?

I have only found a couple of problems. And it's just the loading and avatar changing for me. But I don't report it, I just go on Paint and resize it down to something smaller in file size. The nicknames sorta take up the page whenever I see that. But oh well. I'll report it the next time I log in if I'm required to.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/1/2010, 12:38 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:XD Haha, I'mma give you a reply to that in the PM.

Yeah, that's one of the theories. xD The other is that it's got something to do with the theme, but heck, I wouldn't know. I wish I was some epic computer genius instead of just, like, your average teen. Razz The scary part is that not even Ari's sure why it's lagging, though.

Well, half of it was my fault, I'm afraid. XD Like, you know how it has the little table besides posts in the advanced replying part? And there were only three? (Btw, does it work for you at all when you click 'get more'?) That's cus there was a problem with the smilies. Dunno what happened; they were working fine, then all the links broke, so we had to delete them all and get them back up. Which is why there were only two or three smilies in that table, because I'd only put that many there until we got more of them to work. There's more now, though, or there should be. XD I haven't checked it in the main forums, though the admin panel says it worked.

x3 Really, lol? I'm glad I mentioned them too, then, because for a while I didn't even say anything about that. . . . then I'll also add that MyBB sorta can do anything. Forumotion is so limited . . . but what you can't change by default in MyBB, we can recode it or get plugins and stuff. I mean, you can do that here too, but it's harder because, as I understand it, there's not as many hooks in the coding. XD If that makes any sense.

Hey, who said you didn't have any rep? smug
But now I understand that. XD Cus you commented before on being disappointed about losing the rep, and I was wondering why you felt that way, not that there aren't good reasons to, but yeah. I like understanding things.
However, at least everyone started over together on that, right? XD So it's not like you're the only one with low rep, so I'm sure people aren't going to think anything bad of you for it. (Especially not while I'm around to change their minds. >D) I think Ari has the most, and even she only has eight. AND. If you have two rep now, that's one for every three thousand posts. I have six, which is about one for every four thousand. XD So I'm even worse then you.
And the system sucks anyway, cus you can only give a user rep once . . . but there'll be an update for that soon, actually. But that shouldn't be classified as arguing for anything. XD
Yeah, I read it but didn't reply because I was tired and had a lot to write for my oath or whatever. ^^; I have the tendency to do that.

No, it doesn't work for me when I click "get more". At least, it didn't last time I tried it. But yeah, I'll go check the smilies now...
It doesn't work for me at all. The smilies are unclickable and "get more" still doesn't work. :p

Hmm, well I guess that's a plus. I still say Twig was fine before, but meh. Maybe I'm just one of those people who gets annoyed by change. >.<

Meh. I really don't care about rep anymore. But yeah, I see what you're saying.

Malicious Nightmares wrote:I posted a whole huge post here, but it got deleted. So.. I'll just sum it up quickly.

Okay.
Poor Joey.
Oh, I hate that.

Screenshot? Here you go.

I agree, Afi. :/ Not about you looking horrible, lol. XD But with the rest of what you said. I remember whining about Forumotion before because my coding would get screwed up on occasion, but now I'm grateful because it really is so much better. :3 Even if it's a werewolf every now and then.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/1/2010, 12:42 pm

Lol, that's okay. :3 You should be putting the oath before my PMs, lol.

Oh geez. XP Lol, well, that's one more problem for me and Ari to work out!

That's okay if you are. xD

Mmkay. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next