The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I have your opinions, please?

5 posters

Go down

Which one?

Can I have your opinions, please? Left1060%Can I have your opinions, please? Right10 60% 
[ 3 ]
Can I have your opinions, please? Left1040%Can I have your opinions, please? Right10 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Can I have your opinions, please? Empty Can I have your opinions, please?

Post by Dragon Lover 8/17/2009, 1:31 pm

Okay, this may sound slightly complicated, so bear with me, please. =)

Mid May I started writing a ghost story. (No, not the one I posted in Original Works section--a different one.) I got very extremely attached to it, adding in quotes at the beginnings of each chapter that applied to the chapter (which is very much so easier said then done half of the time), basing characters off of friends and RP charries (if you are on the DE, you might remember Tim and Jami Vandal? Yes? No? Well, they're in it.) I was overjoyed to find a place (creatspace) that I could possibly self-publish it, but then, something happened in my family and I felt the need to stop writing.

A week or so later, I got another idea. This is the titeless story that I started to write, and posted. I loved the idea and then...I started to consider the other story. Confused, I had to stop writing this new story.

And now I need help. Which one should I continue writing? Below is what would be on the back of the book for the ghost story, Eternity, or it might be a preface or something. I will also post a link to the titless story, so you can see what it's about if you haven't already read it.

Eternity

She knelt down in front of me and took off her glasses. “Sweetheart,” she asked, “What were you doing outside?”
I blinked and rubbed my chest a little. Then I folded my hands in my lap and said, “Oh, I was talking to dead people.”
And that’s how I was branded as the ‘Ghost-Girl.’ Because every once in a while I see ghosts. They talk to me, I talk to them. Some of them are children, and they just want to play. Others beg for help. Help with what? I’m never sure. I now know better than to touch them. When I touch them, I get a feeling of how they felt at the moment of their death. I’m not sure how I do it, or why I do it.
I’m just sure that I’m not normal, and I don’t know why. I am cursed with what some may call a gift.
And I hate it.
Absolutely, positively, hate it.

Aaand the link to the other story;
https://shadowsowner888.forumotion.net/original-works-f4/title-less-story-a-story-of-a-psychic-runaway-and-her-brother-unfinished-announcement-please-read-t846.htm

Thank you so much for clicking, and thank you ahead of time for your feedback. =)

~ A Confuzzled Writer
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Can I have your opinions, please? Empty Re: Can I have your opinions, please?

Post by shadowsowner888 8/17/2009, 6:20 pm

I'd personally stick with the original story, just because you've been working on it for so long, and people are getting attached to it. (Like me. xD) Smile
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Can I have your opinions, please? 1312Can I have your opinions, please? 2412Can I have your opinions, please? 3349Can I have your opinions, please? 3548Can I have your opinions, please? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 8/17/2009, 6:23 pm

=) I've been pondering all day now and I think that's probably what I'm gonna do; but, hey, I wanna see what other peeps say 'fore I do. nod But, thankies for posting, Mrs. Jonas. [*giggles*]
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/17/2009, 6:38 pm

I would stick with that one too! Very Happy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Can I have your opinions, please? Siggy
Can I have your opinions, please? Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/17/2009, 6:40 pm

You're welcome, Mrs. . . . uh . . . it was Cullen, right? xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Can I have your opinions, please? 1312Can I have your opinions, please? 2412Can I have your opinions, please? 3349Can I have your opinions, please? 3548Can I have your opinions, please? 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 8/17/2009, 6:44 pm

xD Well, yes, technically it was Cullen. But if I had my way I'd be married to Edward, Harry, and Eric...xD

~!~

=) T'ank ya for postin', Dream! Yeah, I'm definitely being swayed towards that option now. xD
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/17/2009, 6:52 pm

xD Naughty naughty.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/19/2009, 9:20 pm

Well, I like both, but I also think you should stick with the original story! 1st of all, because you've already written a lot, and if you were to write a ghost/fantasy story, there's the possibility that you'd run out of ideas... Hope this helped!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/20/2009, 1:54 am

Certainly stick with the original story nod
It's important to finish writing something long like that, because the more time you spend away from it, the less you'll get to know your characters.. You could also try writing both, but that would be way to hard, probably.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Can I have your opinions, please? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 9:18 am

Ya, writing more than one story is hard. xD It's not impossible, though.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down