The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucid Dreams?

+15
Rai
IDmangapasta
Sharkbait
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
The Newms
Akeria
Noah the Flood
shadowsowner888
Komoda
amrgirl
LuckyPenny666
Cyn431
Avé
MusicWritingLove
Arianna
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lucid Dreams? Empty Lucid Dreams?

Post by Arianna 5/23/2010, 11:23 am

Can you lucid dream?

I can't, but I wish I could. It'd be so cool to be able to control my dreams.
But every time that I try, I end up falling to sleep before I can actually step into my dream or anything. I read something about having to wake up, then fall asleep again, in the morning, but I don't know if that's true.

Soo... Can you lucid dream? Or are you a failure, like I am? xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Lucid Dreams? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Lucid Dreams? Empty Re: Lucid Dreams?

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/23/2010, 11:28 am

I always lucid dream. XD I know I'm there, I know it's not real. I've barely ever had a dream when I've not known it was a dream.
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/23/2010, 11:30 am

Luuuucky!

And can you, like, fly and stuff? (Excuse the silly question. xD)
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Lucid Dreams? 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/23/2010, 11:31 am

Don't worry, you're not alone - I can't either. xD I think it would be a cool thing to do, though.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/23/2010, 11:32 am

Well, yeah, if I really wanted to. My dreams are more colours and music and stuff though. :3
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/23/2010, 11:44 am

MusicWritingLove wrote:Well, yeah, if I really wanted to. My dreams are more colours and music and stuff though. :3
Whoa. My dreams are mostly either nightmare-like dreams where I forget my homework, or I just don't remember them.

I want to try and lucid dream again, but it's too much work. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Lucid Dreams? 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/23/2010, 11:59 am

You know, I'm trying to figure out what you mean by lucid dream as it isn't really a verb last I checked, and it ain't working. no That alone is a fail. xD

So I'm just going to go off of Music's post. I think I do it somewhat often. I'll be thinking of some strange thing to try and make myself fall asleep, and once I do it's like a plotline laying itself out for me, like a story I never intend to write. Or maybe my head telling me what to freewrite on. I dunno. Though I usually forget them within twelve hours of their occurrence.

If that made absolutely no sense, I apologize. xD
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/23/2010, 12:24 pm

Wikipedia link.

Whoa, that's cool. (:

You sorta made sense. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Lucid Dreams? 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/23/2010, 1:42 pm

OH. Then I gave an okay post! Lucid Dreams? Icon_cheers

I can only remember how the dream ended, but one time when I was dreaming, there was something with Billy Ray Cyrus and a portable DVD player. xD There was a close up on the blank screen...
And then I woke up.
That, hands down, was probably the strangest dream I've ever had, maybe anyone's ever had.

Yay! Very Happy
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 5/23/2010, 2:49 pm

I would LOVE to be able to lucid dream. Sometimes, I dream about the topic I want to dream about, but I can't control it. I really want to work on it.

My friend once had a dream that all of her friends were outside in a silver kitchen bowl, and then they all turn into carrots and other vegetables, and they made soup. nod It sounds so epic.
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 5/23/2010, 3:10 pm

I can't really lucid dream. Except once, when we were in Walt Disney World on the bus back to the hotel, I was really tired, and was mainly asleep, but I was still a little lucid, and I could sort of control my dreams. But I doubt that counts...
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/23/2010, 5:36 pm

I have a book on lucid dreaming... But I don't think I really want to anymore. I personally prefer the surprise that you get with dreams you can't control, as nice as lucid dreams can be. Whenever I have a lucid dream, the first thing that comes to mind is to just fly. That's the thing I like most about it, but at the same time, if I dreamt lucidly all of the time, I would have never got the plot for my Nano novel.

Basically, to lucid dream, it's a process that you may have to train yourself to do. You have to somehow teach yourself to pay attention to your surroundings in your dream, and find something to trigger it. If a voice sounds weird, if it seems as if you're walking in water, if the colours are distorted, basically anything unreal, then you know you're dreaming. It's with that realization that you can turn your dream into anything you want. A lucid dream comes as soon as you realize you're dreaming.

If you really want to lucid dream, I'm sure you could find a book on it somewhere. Or you can research it online. Smile There's lots of tips out there.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/23/2010, 7:26 pm

I want that book, Komoda. *-*

I lucid dream like all. The. Time. The thing is, though, I don't always end up controlling the dream. Most of the time I'm just aware it's a dream and I don't really care; I'll just go along with things because it's fun. But one time I got scared that I was going to end up doing something immoral and actually started praying about it, inside my dream. XD That was rather weird, but sad that I would have to worry about it in the first place.

Anyway, the moments when I do control the dream . . . I barely do, for the most part. I like to fly, and that's about it. Flying is my best talent in dreams. XD I used to always get scared if I went very high and let myself go down, and then I'd forget about it. But now I can do it for like a whole dream and not even be scared. That's how I keep ending up as people from Maximum Ride. xD

I do once in a while try to control the whole dream . . . the part for me that's really challenging, though, is manipulating the plot while keeping all the details real. Like, sometimes I used to make myself end up with Jamie, but he kept becoming like a puppet, basically, and it wasn't very fun. Razz I just can't do it right, so for the most part I don't take advantage of anything except to give myself superhuman abilities.
. . . but if I'm really desperate to control things, I make a wish in my dream. xD It's really cheesy, but it works better than anything else. It's kinda like how in Eragon, it's easier to cast the spells if you say them out loud because it seals it, and then your mind can't get distracted and do the wrong thing.

But yeah. I love lucid dreaming, and it makes my life that much more amazing because whenever I do dream I can do whatever I want. x3 It's like writing on a whole new level. Dreams are awesome, period.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Lucid Dreams? 1312Lucid Dreams? 2412Lucid Dreams? 3349Lucid Dreams? 3548Lucid Dreams? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 5/23/2010, 11:06 pm

Hmm.
No, not really. I usually think something isn't a dream.
Sometimes I know its a dream. There was this one nightmare, and I kept trying to wake myself up in the dream, but I couldn't. It was after I watched Jurassic Park.
But some dreams..like, I know I'm dreaming but I go along with the stuff, like I play, or I pick out things to buy, mainly what I thought about before I went to sleep.
Some dreams though I think are real.
Cause they feel real. Like, I feel a touch, or a kiss, or a hug, whatever. I feel hot if there is fire, and once something bit me and I felt it. Its wierd.
And this isn't really on the same topic persa...but some of my dreams show glimpses of the future, I think. Like I had this one dream of riding through the woods on a four-wheeler with a yellow lab running beside me.
Two days later? I was at my friends house. Ridding his four-wheeler, with his yellow lab running beside us.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 5/24/2010, 7:06 pm

Sometimes I get my dreams confused with real life. Like I don't know if I asked my mom something in my dreams, or in real life. And if I'm really stressed out about something, it'll show up in my dreams.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 5/24/2010, 7:50 pm

I ALWAYS lucid dream. It's so annoying! Honestly, I always let what's going to happen happen, though. I get bored with messing with my dreams. Like, honestly, I always know that I can just wake up if something ridiculous happens, but... I rarely do.

On that note, though I very rarely dream. I go through times when I'll be super stressed, and I'll have super vivid dreams for weeks on end, and I'll be able to control them. It's nice, because it's kind of like my mind's way of giving myself a puzzle or something fun to do while I'm sleeping. :3
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 5/24/2010, 10:13 pm

Arianna wrote:Can you lucid dream?

I can't, but I wish I could. It'd be so cool to be able to control my dreams.
But every time that I try, I end up falling to sleep before I can actually step into my dream or anything. I read something about having to wake up, then fall asleep again, in the morning, but I don't know if that's true.

Soo... Can you lucid dream? Or are you a failure, like I am? xD

I dunno if someone answered your question, but the trick to Lucid dreaming is to disrupt the sleep cycle. If you sleep for an hour, wake up, then fall back asleep, you actually increase your chances of lucid dreaming!

I had a lucid dream once. It was so cool....!
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Lucid Dreams? Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/24/2010, 10:27 pm

OHMYGOSH. Newmsie?! cheesy
(Jbros/Gri is reading over my shoulder right now, and he totally flipped out to see you. xD)

But dude, tell us about your lucid dream! :333 Do tell us! *shoves microphone in Newms's face*
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Lucid Dreams? 1312Lucid Dreams? 2412Lucid Dreams? 3349Lucid Dreams? 3548Lucid Dreams? 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 5/26/2010, 9:23 pm

I can't lucid dream, but I did once during the summer. I pulled out a watergun and sprayed it at this mean teacher and she took me to her jewlery shop to scold me xD

Also in the wikipedia thing Ari posted, it said that there can be frightening things in a mirror in your dreams and its soooo true!
Once I was in a dream and I looked in the mirror and I had two black eyes and it ran all the way down my cheek. I hoped it was makeup so that my mom wouldn't get mad.....but it wasn't -_-
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 5/26/2010, 9:31 pm

The Newms wrote:I dunno if someone answered your question, but the trick to Lucid dreaming is to disrupt the sleep cycle. If you sleep for an hour, wake up, then fall back asleep, you actually increase your chances of lucid dreaming!

I had a lucid dream once. It was so cool....!

I do that sometimes, and I believe that I can slightly control my dreams. But the last time I woke up like that was because my brother started screaming at 3:30 in the morning... and he's 10...
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 5/26/2010, 9:45 pm

You have to be able to wake yourself up first. I started lucid dreaming consistently after I learned to be able to wake myself up whenever. If I'm having a really deep dream (all my dreams are clear and deep) I can almost feel myself dreaming, and then you slowly start to feel your muscles, and your eyes and stuff. If I want to wake up, I either make my eyes open, or I make myself sit up. It's kind of fun, because then you go back to sleep and you're in total control.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/26/2010, 10:36 pm

Akeria wrote:You have to be able to wake yourself up first. I started lucid dreaming consistently after I learned to be able to wake myself up whenever. If I'm having a really deep dream (all my dreams are clear and deep) I can almost feel myself dreaming, and then you slowly start to feel your muscles, and your eyes and stuff. If I want to wake up, I either make my eyes open, or I make myself sit up. It's kind of fun, because then you go back to sleep and you're in total control.
Oh, now I definitely get what you're talking about! At first I was reading these comments about waking yourself up and I was thinking, "wait, no..." but then I realize that's the exact trick I tried myself when I had a really good lucid dream. My one friend's great at lucid dreaming, and she taught me how to do it. It was when I was younger though, so the memory was a little fuzzy... But I remember waking up, then going back to sleep and wanting to meet Garrett Hedlund. Then I dreamt about him... O_o It was intense.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 5/27/2010, 8:04 pm

Mhm. Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/28/2010, 6:32 pm

I must try this. *-* While it seems like I can wake myself up sometimes, I'm never really conscious of it, so I'm not sure if it's just me dreaming that I'm awake or just having nothing to do so I go back to sleep anyway and never remember if it was real. So I'll experiment next time I dream . . .
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 5/28/2010, 9:41 pm

I'm trying every night. It's kind of cool, because you can just do it while you sleep. xD
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next