The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N

+3
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
shadowsowner888
rattyjol
7 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 Empty Re: |..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N

Post by rattyjol 6/16/2010, 7:55 pm

I moved slowly around the circle of dunes, careful to keep well out of Dairka's line of sight. My paws made no sound on the scorched ground, silent with the ease of many seasons of practice.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 Empty Re: |..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N

Post by shadowsowner888 6/17/2010, 3:20 pm

She let her eyes flicker around, then decided that she might as well take a drink while she was here. Dairka swallowed nervously and, without taking her eyes off of her surroundings, slowly lowered her head to the shining surface of the water to take a long drink.

Gradually the fur along her back flattened, as she realized that there was nothing to be scared of. Even if you’re alone, that’s just it. You are alone. Zeon isn’t even here. So stop worrying. Dairka paused drinking and eyed the surrounding sand dunes one last time before just looking down at the water and concentrating on nothing but her drink.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 1312|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 2412|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 3349|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 3548|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/17/2010, 8:01 pm

I slipped between the two dunes directly behind her, not caring that I was on the Brei side of the borderline. I inched silently towards her, careful not to disturb anything or alert her to my presence.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/19/2010, 10:02 am

Dairka . . . just relax, she told herself when her heart wouldn't calm down. The she-lion raised her head, muzzle dripping with water, and glanced uneasily around. Then, just to brave her fear, she forced herself to turn away and head casually away from the water hole, steps unhurried. If anything really was sneaking up on her, she'd be utterly at its mercy.

But there's nothing there right now. So you have nothing to worry about, she pointed out.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 1312|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 2412|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 3349|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 3548|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N - Page 23 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/19/2010, 2:08 pm

I froze, just barely out of her line of sight. I waited until she was past me and then began creeping after her again.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/3/2010, 9:44 am

As her breathing slowly accelerated, Dairka found it harder than ever to not just bolt back towards camp. No! You have to at least finish checking out the borders! She sat down in the sand for a moment, trying to calm herself down by closing her eyes and breathing deeply. You're safe. Zeon isn't anywhere near here. Nothing to be worried about.

If only she knew.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 1:11 pm

I watched with cold glee, a cruel light glinting in my eyes as she sat down. Even easier. I crept up behind her, completely silent after seasons of training and practice.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/10/2010, 9:27 am

Dairka’s soft breathing was the only sound that reached her ears. After a few moments, it even calmed her enough to the point where she opened her eyes. See? You’re still fine, nothing to worry about.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/10/2010, 12:29 pm

Only a few taillengths away from her now, I tensed my muscles, preparing to pounce. My claws slid out in anticipation.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/17/2010, 4:19 pm

Rising again to her paws, Dairka flicked her tail back and forth for a moment before padding on. Hmm . . . it's all so quiet . . .
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/17/2010, 7:52 pm

A single heartbeat ticked by in complete and utter silence. Then... I pounced.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/24/2010, 11:31 pm

The lioness made up her mind to stay calm throughout the rest of the patrol. This paranoia . . . it really wasn’t getting her anywhere, so she really needed to work on ridding herself of it.

Just when she thought she was going to leave the area in one piece, however, she felt a weighty group of claws slam against her back. Every calming thought she’d gathered in the past few minutes unravelled, leaving Dairka with a terror-driven, throbbing heart, and eyes wide with alarm. A yowl tore from her throat, but there was nobody to hear it except the lion on her back. As it drove her back down to the warm ground, she instantly knew who it was. Zeon. After all, who else would attack her so spontaneously? Stupid, stupid, you should’ve known you weren’t safe! You did know you weren’t safe! But you didn’t listen!

Dairka didn’t know if she’d be able to do anything now to defend herself . . . but it couldn’t be too late. She had to try. It wouldn’t hurt any more than it would if she just allowed him to kill her, or drag her back to the Makuu, or whatever his purpose was this time around. A sudden burst of energy burst through her veins, thanks to the fear, and Dairka furiously tried to flip herself over beneath Zeon’s paws.

shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/24/2010, 11:55 pm

I felt her squirm beneath my paws and sunk my claws deeper into her back, leaning forward to sink my teeth into her neck. Not to kill her, just to keep her still and maybe convince her that going against me was a very, very bad idea.

(...Gah. He's so full of himself. xP)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 3:52 pm

((Lol, Ratty, yes! applause He’s so fun.))

No - he was too strong - Dairka tried to suck in a deep breath, still trying to free herself, but Zeon didn’t even budge. She yowled at top of her lungs, terror splitting the noise, as suddenly a group of teeth met her neck. He’s going to kill me. That’s it. I’m going to die.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/26/2010, 3:59 pm

I sunk my teeth into her neck, positioned carefully so that she wouldn't die from the bite, but one jerk of my head could snap her neck.

(Nité to the rescue? xD)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23