The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda's Freewrites! Updated 7-24

Go down

Amanda's Freewrites! Updated 7-24 Empty Amanda's Freewrites! Updated 7-24

Post by conich 7/8/2010, 1:59 am

Maturity- Low Fantasy- Medium

The man stands very still looking around. His face is blank, expressionless. He walks forward, stops for a second, spins to the right, and continues walking. A young boy is running at the man, the boy looking over his shoulder at his sister chasing him. Smack! The boy ran into the man. The boy backs away saying “sorry sir”. The man’s face is as impassive as ever. He keeps walking, not looking back. He sees the exit. He walks forward and when he opens the door, it slams into a woman. She falls back and lands on the ground. Looking up at the man who had made her fall, she expected to get some kind of apology. He doesn’t even look down, his is face still blank. The man is a robot.

Maturity- High (blood, drinking, and death) Fantasy- Medium

I opened my eyes. When I realized that I was lying on the dirty ground of the park I sat up quickly. Something had happened. I knew that much. It was something big… something drastic… Ugh! I couldn’t remember! Oh well, I was just asleep. Right? Maybe it was just dream. Yah, a dream. That makes sense. Crazy things happen all of the time in dreams. But that still doesn’t explain how I got here… think… think… Oh yah! The party! Well, that was how I get here originally, but why didn’t I leave, go home? Maybe I drank to much a passed out and nobody noticed me lying here? Unlikely but the best I could come up with. I stood up carefully, afraid that I had hurt my back from sleeping here. Nope, my back was fine, didn’t hurt at all. Weird seeing as I’ve had a bad back most of my life… Oh well, why complain about it? I took a few steps forward. It felt weird, like I weighed only a fraction of my normal. HEAVEN, maybe I was hung-over and this is what it felt like. I had never drank much before and I didn’t know what I felt like, plus it fit into my passing out theory. I walked out of the park and down the streets. There were a lot of people out walking dogs and getting into their cars heading to their jobs. I thought that I would get some weird looks since sleeping outside must not do a wonder on ones appearance, but I got none. As I kept walking towards my house, I passed the home of an elderly lady that I occasionally drive to work. “Good morning Ms. Mueller!” I yelled when I saw her outside in her garden. She didn’t even flinch when I called her name. Weird but she was getting older and losing her hearing so I figured she must not have heard me, so I kept walking. I was almost to the corner now and then my house was only three lots away. I was looking over to my right at a funny shaped cloud when out of my peripheral vision I saw a bike coming at me. This bike was flying and I had no time to get out of the way. It was right in front of me when I closed my eyes knowing that there was no way not to get hit. The next second I had a strange almost tickling sensation in my body, but there was no impact. I turned around and saw the biker still going, not even turning to see if I was okay, almost as if he couldn’t see me at all. That was when I looked down at myself. My shirt was bloodstained and there was hole in my shirt right where my heart was, which is where it seemed the blood had come from. In that monent I knew what had happened last night, I had the explanation for all the weird things that had been going on that day. I knew the truth.

I was dead. I was a ghost.

Maturity- medium (mild violence) Fantasy- none

I left the party around midnight. I decided to walk home, I don’t really know why, several people offered to drive me and I told them no thanks. My house was only a couple blocks away. I knew this are pretty well, I knew all of the back ways and little side streets, which is pretty impressive seeing as there are about one hundred of them. This was big neighborhood. That party had been great. It was my friend Cassie’s birthday. She was turning twenty-two. She had invited everybody and everybody came. Her small house was soon full so we eventually moved everybody outside, taking with us anything that could have been used as a chair. We played truth or dare at one point. That had been pretty interesting. Altogether it had been a fun night. I wasn’t really watching where I was going. I had walked on this street so many times I could walk it backwards while blindfolded. I was paying so little attention that I didn’t see the guy standing at the end of the alley I had just walked into. “Hello there” I heard his say, that’s when I first noticed that he was there. “Uhh…” I stuttered “h-hello” I finally managed. I mean who in the world wouldn’t be freaked out by this situation? I couldn’t see his face in the minimal amount of light but I could make out what he was wearing, black leather jacket, Black shirt, and black jeans. Not altogether someone you want to meet down a dark alley… Oh, right. He took a few steps closer to me, and then stopped. I wanted to run, to get far away from here but I couldn’t get my feet to move. I was frozen. He took another couple steps closer, possibly gauging my reaction, I couldn’t tell for sure. The next step he took brought him into a ray of moonlight and I could finally see what he looked like. He was… he was… well, he was gorgeous to say the least. He had really light, really deep blue eyes, long hair as dark as midnight, and full lips that were in a crooked and slightly mocking smile. He was easily the hottest guy I had ever seen, but there was something about him that scared me, something menacing about those beautiful eyes. They weren’t just light, they were icy. It took me a minute to realize that I had unfrozen. He was only about fifteen feet from me now and it didn’t matter how hot he was, I was getting out of here. The next moment I turned on the spot and ran for all I was worth. When I got back to the road I chanced a look over my shoulder. He was closer now. He no longer looked menacing; he just looked worried and scared. But why? What could have made him look like he did now? Then I saw the light. Then I heard the horn. I looked to my right and saw a car barreling towards me. There was a bright light, a yell, and a lot of pain. Then I blacked out.

Maturity- medium (death) Fantasy- none

I slammed the door on my way out of the house. It just was so ridiculous! Why did they have to fight all the time? Was it really so hard to get along? My parents had been at each others necks for the past two months. They had gotten into so many screaming matches that I gave up trying to help. In the beginning I had tried talking to each individually, tried to get to the root of the problem, but they both shut me down.

I readjusted the blue scarf tied around my neck. If I really thought about it, the fighting seemed to start around the time my mom’s friend Laura had died from cancer. It had been a tough battle but in the end the cancer won. My mom is not normally one to show emotion in public, and only let one tear slip during her funeral. She seemed fine by the next day, but I caught her sobbing into her pillow that night.

Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down