The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff)

+6
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Cyn431
Komoda
rattyjol
Avé
shadowsowner888
10 posters

Go down

Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) Empty Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff)

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 10:45 pm

I'm gonna start shutting things down now, guys. I'm going to leave Cup o Joe (but not everything attached to it) and the WCT section open, and as I stated before, VMs and PMs and the chatbox will remain useable. Please keep in mind that, once Ari starts converting things, any new posts will not be converted, even though the threads they're made in will be if they were previously there.

And I encourage going on the Twig FB group if you have a Facebook. And roleplaying there or through PMs if you get too deprived. And also working on writing during this time, or maybe giving your wrists a rest, like I might try to do. XD

I'll be starting with the smileys and bbcode, so if any of you have any last posts you want to make before it's too late, please make them now. ;)

UPDATE: BBcode and smileys are off. This is going to make your signatures and badges look weird. xD I'd recommend turning your signature off for the time being if it uses extensive bbcode that you don't wish to lose. An idea would be to use the drafts functionality, just to save all the coding, if you'd like to remove your badge and signature without losing them.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Some of the sections - mainly the whole of Sharing Time - are now closed to posting new posts/topics. You can still do anything else in these places, however, such as reading or editing posts. :nod:

AGAIN: Even more down now, just Cup o Joe and The Site to finish up in now. If you have any questions that weren't answered in this thread, but you're finding that you can't post here, feel free to PM me. ^^

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 7/26/2010, 11:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 1312Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 2412Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 3349Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 3548Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) Empty Re: Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff)

Post by Avé 7/26/2010, 10:49 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Shadow. :nod: How long do you think it will take?
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) Empty Re: Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff)

Post by rattyjol 7/26/2010, 10:51 pm

-sob- I don't want Twig to gooooo. D:
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 10:52 pm

The shutting down, right, not the conversion? xD I'm gonna say ten minutes, maybe fifteen, since there's a lot of categories to go through and I may not be able to find the right permissions quickly.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 1312Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 2412Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 3349Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 3548Another Update - Time to go down . . . (updating as I close stuff) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/26/2010, 10:52 pm

Nah, the whole conversion. XD
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/26/2010, 10:53 pm

I feel like this is an apocalypse or something. I just looked at all the bbcode with dread... D:

But thank you for posting. :3
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/26/2010, 10:55 pm

'Course. xD If it's gonna make the site better, I don't care about the conversion. (Except if Mia has to go... Dx) It's the shutting down. D:

Same here, Mo. xP
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 10:56 pm

Oh, okay. XD Well, the actual conversion will take a few days at the most; this is the part we're most uncertain about, since the times varied a lot during the test. I hope it'll take only a day or two, though. Then we're going to get it online, which shouldn't take more than an hour or two . . . after that, it's just a matter of me going through the admin panel and the mods stalking the site so we can get things set up again, which will hopefully just take a day if we work enough. And it's going to begin at eight or nine AM Ari's time, one or two central, so . . . four days, maybe?

Omg, yes, Mo. XD That's exactly how it feels!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/26/2010, 10:58 pm

Ah, okay. :nod: And another question (sorry) - will all the bbcode be converted? 'Cause I don't want to lose all the coding for my templates. D:
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/26/2010, 10:59 pm

Four days with no (or almost no) Twig? D: I'm gonna diiiiie.

...I just have to make sure I spend those four days productively, like writing (or at least drawing) and not spend the entire time watching Bleach. xD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/26/2010, 10:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I was posting my story thread with the big fancy front, and then when I went to edit the glossary post I got something weird and went "Whoa." 'Cause I hadn't seen this yet. XD

Ooh, and Mo, that's what I was thinking earlier today! It was like in part of Toy Story 3—
Wait, no spoilers. :-X

Gyah, I tried to use indigo tags again, but when I previewed my post it looked weird. D: This is going to be so weeeeeeird. And so exposing feeling for me.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 11:03 pm

Yep, the bbcode will be converted, so posts will look normal on MyBB. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 7/26/2010, 11:04 pm

So are we not supposed to be posting? I'm kinda confused =P
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 11:16 pm

You can post as long as you're able to, but I'm changing the permission settings during this time, so eventually you'll probably be seeing a message telling you you're not allowed to post in particular forums - or else just a lack of the post buttons altogether.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 7/26/2010, 11:18 pm

Shadow, do you know what time the shutdown will begin? Cuz I'm not gonna post at all during the conversion cuz I'd hate reposting everything. xP

Basically, I kinda want a heads up on when to stop posting.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 7/26/2010, 11:20 pm

Oh my...@.@
I knew things were looking weird when I was looking at the PRP UchihaGirl set up for us...
I hope this won't take long to convert... I won't even be here Saturday-early Monday, because my parents are going out of town and then my mom is coming back on Monday, so, I have to go to my grandma's house.
Eh... Maybe I can work on more stories and my math...
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 23705

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/26/2010, 11:20 pm

So we can now RP through PMs, for the time being??
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 11:22 pm

I'm gonna give Ari permission to post in this section, and send her a PM asking her to say when the conversion has begun, Saddle. ^^

Yep, Mia, if you'd like to. :) (Though that's allowed no matter what, technically. xD You can do whatever you want through PMs.)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttyycool 7/26/2010, 11:24 pm

Uhm, whats the new site's web adress gonna be? D:<

XD
Ttyycool
Ttyycool
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 11:26 pm

Well, we aren't announcing that yet because we don't want people accessing the site before it's ready. xD Once it's up, we'll post the url.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttyycool 7/26/2010, 11:27 pm

Where you gonna post it?

D: Sorry, im so confused with this. :P
Ttyycool
Ttyycool
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 7/26/2010, 11:28 pm

I'm just scared I'm gonna come back from my grandma's place and I won't be able to get on here and get my password and the url...@.@
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/26/2010, 11:31 pm

I'll post it in an announcement, it will be PMed to every member of the site (along with an automated, randomly generated password), it'll appear in a message right above the forums, in a widget on the portal/homepage, and on below the navigation bar on every page. :nod: I guarantee you won't miss it.

Don't worry, Saku, that's not gonna happen. ^^ The Forumotion Twig will be accessible until Forumotion closes it itself.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 7/26/2010, 11:32 pm

Thank goodness.
I would be so upset if I couldn't get back to TWIG. I love it so much. It's part of my everyday life now to get on here and RP and chat with people...XD
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down