The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Happening to the other Twig

4 posters

Go down

What's Happening to the other Twig Empty What's Happening to the other Twig

Post by shadowsowner888 3/11/2011, 5:17 pm

So you all know (I think) that because the other Twig was too active, our hosting company shut it down.

Many of you may also be aware that it has recently gone back up. However, this is not permanent, and it was only because I'd asked the hosting company if I could get back into our account for purposes of making a backup. I believe it will be going back down soon, since all necessary backups have been made.

Then Naruto had asked a question which I will now answer for any of the rest of you who may be wondering:

Better save some posts, then.
Is there any way you could try to save new TWIG? I've seen the old TWIG, and this one definitely is more efficient in comparison.

It won't permanently shut down, will it?

The basic answer is no, it won't be permanently shut down. xD

The full answer, now: We're working on getting new hosting for Twig. We have our hosting plan picked out, so all we basically need to do is buy it and get Twig set up there. I made a backup of the new Twig just about twenty-thirty minutes ago, so any posts that were made prior to then will still be there once the site is up again - because when we get our hosting, all we'll be doing really is uploading this backup, which is a copy of Twig, to that hosting.

I'm not sure how long this process will take, since there's some details that need to be pinned down. Then there's the fact that I'm not very technologically advanced, and that Arianna isn't even that familiar with the sort of hosting we're going - so it may take some time for us to figure things out. xD We're also in different time zones, and I have a lot going on tomorrow, so there may be some sort of delay due to that. But hopefully we can get it back up, permanently, within the next few days.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

What's Happening to the other Twig 1312What's Happening to the other Twig 2412What's Happening to the other Twig 3349What's Happening to the other Twig 3548What's Happening to the other Twig 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

What's Happening to the other Twig Empty Re: What's Happening to the other Twig

Post by IDmangapasta 3/11/2011, 6:31 pm

Thanks for the update! I really really appreciate all the work you and Arianna are putting into this, keeping TWIG going. We all love it so much. You've created a thing of beauty here, a wonderful site. :')
IDmangapasta
IDmangapasta
Published Author
Published Author

Howdy-do, I'm an otaku!
Female Posts : 3400

http://lizclairel.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orodruin 3/11/2011, 7:25 pm

Like I said, we shall all be patient and wait! Very Happy (Anyone who is not patient, shall be turned into a zombie CARNY or...a unicorn XD whichever you want.)
I kind of like being back on Old Twig applause but I can't wait for New Twig to return! ^^
Orodruin
Orodruin
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Male Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophistication 3/11/2011, 9:39 pm

I appreciate everything you and Arianna are doing <3
I think all twig members love you both so much (:
Good luck with everything!

@ Oro:
I already am a Zomb-eh xDD
I think I want to be a unicorn zombie though... *thoughtful* yeah, that would be epic. And super cool (:
Sophistication
Sophistication
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down