The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

+2
Jinx
shadowsowner888
6 posters

Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by shadowsowner888 8/22/2009, 9:23 am

Yesterday was all right. I didn’t spend as much time as I normally did online; instead I played Wii for a while. I got my online Mario Kart battle score up to 6000, but I kept losing points. xP I went all the way down to 5750 before I managed to get back to 5990. While I was playing in the evening, though, my parents were having a kinda scary conversation in the kitchen, which is right next to the room with the Wii.

See, they were discussing money. o.0

I wasn’t paying attention at first, but I heard some stuff I didn’t like, and so I listened in while I was playing. (That actually was when I stopped losing points. xD I guess it was good to have the distraction.) See, my mom doesn’t think my dad has been making enough of an effort to stay out of this situation; she wants him to apply for a new job, talk to his boss about the payment agreement the boss broke, or something else. He’s just going on about it normally, and she doesn’t like that. So then they got into how they need more money, and my dad’s like, “Just freeze up all the kids’ accounts, then, and we’ll use that money.”

Well, it turns out my mom’s not so bad after all.

She didn’t object to taking Gri or Zachary or Bella’s money. But she did object to taking mine. What she said was “she has a thousand dollars in there, all money that she earned or was given as a gift. I won’t punish her by taking that from her without her permission.” (WOOT FOR YOU, MOM!!)

My dad just kept being pushy about it, though. Saying that everything is theirs. But mom’s like no, it’s not, and if she lets us take it that’s another thing, but it’s rightfully hers and we can’t punish her for your lack of trying harder. And he’s like, it’s not a punishment, and she’s like, yes it is.

Now I’m just worried. o.0 Worried that one day I’ll find that my dad took all my life’s savings, and that because of the fact that he’s my dad, I won’t be able to do anything to get it back.

Well, I’ll sue. I swear to God I’ll do something. Or even better - they won’t get a penny of my writing money if that happens. That way, in taking my money, Dad will only be punishing the rest of the family. Therefore I will live in luxury, paying the internet bill (and possibly the electricity), and they’ll still be struggling to pay what’s left over. Twisted Evil

Haha, I have this weird enjoyment for moments like these. xD Moments where I have the right to do anything I want because I was betrayed.

On a lighter note, something cool happened. Very Happy See, I like to play this game with myself where, when it’s randomly picking the stage, I try to always be first. And I look for a pattern in the colors of the teams. There’s two columns of up to six each, and there’s a red team and a blue. They go in based on whatever order we choose a stage in. Well, so, the first three - one on the left, then on the right, then below the first one - were blue. So I randomly prayed, “Please, God. Give me a sign. Let the next one be blue, too.” I don’t know what the sign was for. But guess what? The next one was blue. And the next four were red! And then there was the extra blue guy. xD But the fourth blue one voted for SNES Battle Course or something . . . that one with all the rows of blocks . . . and then the next two or three all voted for that one . . . so I said another random prayer, “Please God. Can I have another sign? Let all of them be that same course.” And they all were!! (Except for the very last. nod)

I thought about it, and I think my prayer had been that everything’s gonna be okay, money-wise. Like, my subconscious prayer, the part where I was praying for something specific. XD So now I have faith in that. Everything’s going to work out somehow, whether it’s my definition of working out or not. (Thanks God. x3)

It’s always the little things like these that give me the most faith. Like the very first time I had faith in the power of prayer was a few years ago. I’d dropped my Goggles in the lake . . . it was really sandy water, and there were waves, so they got pulled back in somehow. So I prayed through Saint Anthony that I’d find them . . . and as soon as I was done murmuring that prayer, I stepped on the Goggles. Very Happy It was so cool. And seriously, this was a few feet away from where I’d dropped them. So it wasn’t like they’d been right there the whole time.

Besides this, though . . . what else did I do, actually? Oh, yeah. xD I worked on editing DS more! And I have kinda this editing guideline thingy now to make it more official, although it’ll probably take a few more months to finish. How it works is I write down all the chapters, and put some dots next to each to tell me what “stage” of editing I’m on for it. One dot means I need to edit it for “quality,” meaning simple stuff like grammar, spelling, typos, etc. Two dots is “details.” Self-explanatory, right? Three is “flow,” which is just me making sure everything sounds right together. Four is “reread,” meaning I go through and do a little review of the chapter to make sure it’s still in good condition. And fifth is “read aloud.” If I don’t notice anything after that, I consider the chapter final - at least, officially. xD Doesn’t mean I still won’t change stuff.

After I edit a chapter enough to feel like it’s met the criteria for that dot, then I add a new dot. After the fifth one I just cross it off. I don’t really know yet if this is going to work, but I think it will. Very Happy I just prefer being organized about this stuff, so I’m pretty sure it’ll mean less stress for me.

Right now, though, the only chapter with more than three dots is the prologue. xP (As you can see, I haven’t been very motivated lately! xD I’m doing my best to work more on it, though.)

Ahhh . . . OMG . . . I just saw the epic part of Star Wars III. Very Happy Where Anikan strangles Padme. And it reminded me of my epic plot for Dragon Soul’s sequel!! -spoiler alert- With a hot guy that breaks his girl’s heart because of an evil force . . . the girl being pregnant with twins though she shouldn’t even have ever had the kids . . . Very Happy OMG I WANNA WRITE!! WOOT! *runs around screaming*

Ooo, I realized something else that’s awesome. x3 I actually have an uninfluenced opinion about something! And that opinion is that once Padme dies, there’s no point to episode III anymore. Because the parts with her are the best parts cus there’s always something about AnikanxPadme. Very Happy As we can see, I’m a sucker for that sort of plot. So yah; I like the parts with her and Anikan best. x3

Well, anyway, here’s our Seven Things! Very Happy I have a special one today. Jacob, I think you’d enjoy this one. Will you do the honors?

Jake - o.0 I’m scared now.

Oh, just do it. x3

Jake - . . . Fine. *takes envelope* Oooh! Very Happy Haha, this’ll be fun.

Seven Things to Do With Toilet Paper
1. TP a house. I recommend having a group for this one; it makes it go quicker, although it’s easier for someone to notice you. Very Happy Seriously, though, you haven’t lived until you’ve draped rolls of toilet paper on your neighbor’s trees.
2. Wear it. Haha, I remember when I was a little kid . . . x3 I always wanted to be a mummy for Halloween. *sigh* My dad never let me, though. xP He said it was a pointless waste of a good roll of toilet paper.
3. Give it to a baby. o.0 Well, I can’t deny that this one would certainly be amusing . . . until your dad finds out what you’re doing . . .
4. Make a diorama. Whyy? xD That’s boring! Fine, though. You can use it for ocean foam, snow, dandelion fluff, or pretty much anything white.
5. Decorate your wall. Ahh, yes, nothing says “I’m special” more than a wall covered in TP. xP
6. Clean the windows. Twisted Evil Oooh. It’d just dissolve all over, leaving a huge mess of crap for you to clean up later . . . not the best choice in the long run, but that would be awesome to try. xD
7. Hide it. . . .
hysterical
Shad, this one is pure genius.
Shad - Thanks! grin

Well, thanks for reading! nod It appears that we’ve wasted all the toilet paper trying to do these - seriously, all of it - so here’s a pile of leaves to replace it until the world makes more.
The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Fall.2005.1

And here’s the playlist! This time, I think I’d like you guys to guess why I chose these songs. smug

Anywho, thanks for reading! Smile Comments are appreciated!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by Jinx 8/22/2009, 9:29 am

You asked God to for a sign involving mariokart?
This is a strange world.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by merry312 8/22/2009, 9:32 am

Haha! We once got TPed. They did a surprisingly neat job. xD It was like perfectly wrapped. hysterical
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/22/2009, 9:34 am

Wow, your blog was long, and good. Very Happy
You see, everything is going to work out nod. And I'm an atheist. nod
The 7 things to do with TP was really funny. I think the last one might be good to try at home nod xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 8/22/2009, 9:51 am

Yay Shad! God does have a plan for you! Smile

Decorate your walls....O.o
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Siggy
The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Siggy
The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! SiggyThe Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/22/2009, 10:11 am

Yeah. xD And I actually believed the sign, too, just cus it was so unlikely. I believed it more than any other sign I've ever believed.

hysterical Nice, Merry.

Thanks Arianna! xD Lol, sorry you had to read all that Christian stuff then. I don't mean to be discriminating or anything.
Very Happy I'm glad you liked it! Haha, this has been my fave too. Except for the Dusty one, maybe. x3

Very Happy
hysterical You made me lol, Amanda!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 8/22/2009, 10:13 am

I know. xD
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/22/2009, 10:14 am

Yay! Everything will work out! I swear, everything I've prayed for, I've got eventually. Smile So I know things will work out for you too, because you're a way better Christian than I am! Very Happy

Haha, I loved this one, Shad! Especially The Seven Things. It seemed a tad bit cheerier than the last one, as well.

Ahh, yes, nothing says “I’m special” more than a wall covered in TP. xP
This made me laugh! XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/22/2009, 10:32 am

x3 Thanks, Mo! Haha, not everything has been a yes for me. For example, "Please Lord, let me be in Jamie's rank for this parade." But I thank him anyway, even after I get a no, for taking the time to answer my prayer. Smile I always make sure I thank God.

x3 Thanks Mo! And yeah, it was, lawl.
Awesome!! Very Happy And I'm proud to say I came up with that all on my own. Or, well, Jacob did. xD
Jake - Smooth. xP
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/22/2009, 10:37 am

Yeah. Smile Not everything has been a yes with me, either.

XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down