The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^

+9
Komoda
Noah the Flood
iGrievous
Webkinz-lover#1
shadowsowner888
Akeria
rattyjol
Nightowl
Arianna
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ Empty Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^

Post by Arianna 9/16/2009, 10:50 am

Maturity: Someone being locked up in a room for her whole life. Also some minor violence and perhaps romance.
Fantasy: Same as above.

So, this is a random story which I chose to write. I got the idea coming home, so I decided to type it up. Tell me what you think, and if I should continue it.
By the way, be honest. If I don't continue this, I have more time for Imprisoned Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ Icon_smile

Hello, diary.
I'm Anita. Or at least, I think I am. I may have another name, but that would not be known to me. I like to call myself Anita after a character in one of my favorite books. It's really too bad that I can't find it now.
Well, about me comes first, I guess. They tend to do that in most books. Some start with conflict, but as I know that my story doesn't have any in it, I'll start now.
I think I'm ten. I don't know, though. From the biology worksheets I've got, which say grade 5 on them, I think I've worked out how old I am. The grades were pretty easy to figure out, but the ages weren't.
Anyway. I've been in this room – well, these two rooms, for as long as I can remember. When I was really little, I think all I did all day was sit in my crib. That was replaced by a bed and I sometimes would wake up and there would be toys – rocking horses, alphabet blocks, sometimes small books. But there never were any people.
Some time along the line those small books turned into real ones. I guess I taught myself how to read – there wasn't anyone here to show me how. I read like crazy, but whenever I put a book on my shelf, it disappears the next day with a new one. That's what happened with the book that Anita was in. I wish I could read it again – it was a good book.
Sometime along the line, I guess that I was given paper and a pencil too. I wrote, then. Messy handwriting, but nevertheless, writing. Mostly, I ended up copying passages from my books, but eventually I wrote on my own, too.
Worksheets came too. I don't like them. They're boring, and all that happens if I don't do them is I get more, and more, and more. So I do them, and they're gone in the morning. Everything is always different in the morning.
All I've really got in my room is a bed, a desk, a chair, a refrigerator, and my bookshelf. There's a door on one side of the room, which leads to my bathroom. The whole room, all in all, is cramped. I don't see how everything is changed every day, but I guess that's a mystery.
I guess you could say I don't get bored. Seriously, though. I can stare at a wall for ages and not even blink. That doesn't matter, though. This place is boring.
Today I finished two worksheets, both math. I wondered why they didn't give me more, but then I saw you, my diary. I guess that they want me to write in you. They probably want to read what I'm thinking, but I'm going to hide you, so it won't work.
Serves them right.
I had carrots and rice for dinner. That was easy, because it heats up in the microwave nicely. Yes, that's the only other thing in the room, I think. Well, there is the closet. Only boring clothes in there, though. Just jeans and t-shirts and socks and underwear. And one pair of shoes, but there's no point in wearing them. Back on topic, though. Other than the carrots and rice, there was only pasta in the fridge, and I hate that.
Healthy foods are all I get. I feel so envious – the characters in all my books get everything, lollypops, jelly beans, and what probably must taste the best – chewing gum. I wish I could have that.
I don't really have much else to say, so I guess I'll end writing today.
I honestly hope that you'll be here in the morning, diary.
Bye,
Anita

Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7

Last edited by Arianna on 2/28/2010, 10:16 am; edited 9 times in total
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ Empty Re: Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^

Post by Nightowl 9/16/2009, 10:56 am

Oooh! I really like it. This could so have an interesing plot! Very Happy Write more, more, more!
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ Empty Re: Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^

Post by rattyjol 9/16/2009, 10:58 am

That's really awesome. nod But what book was Anita in? I want to read that. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/16/2009, 11:07 am

Thank you, both of you. So I guess I will be writing more Smile
IDK what book Anita was in, Anita. xD I named Anita because I first heard the name Anita on here, you know. Very Happy Everyone on Twig has such awesome names Smile
So I guess Twig would be the book. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/16/2009, 11:09 am

Yayz! Very Happy

Or Twigbook, Arianna... Shadows of Inspiration.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/16/2009, 11:38 am

Hehe Smile I don't know if I'll write more today. I think I'll make this a once-a-day kind of thing, as she writes entries in her diary. Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/16/2009, 11:54 am

Oh, yeah, that's a cool idea. Smile
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 1:13 pm

No! Write more now!
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/16/2009, 1:17 pm

Hehe Smile I started another entry Wink
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/16/2009, 1:49 pm

Day 2

Hello again, Diary.
They didn't take you last night. That was good, because otherwise I'd have been bored to death. It must be a weekend – I didn't get any worksheets today.
I had some kind of cereal, today. In a plastic container, as usual. It didn't taste good, but I've learnt that I have to eat what's in there, or I'll starve to death. Thankfully, some healthy things are half good.
When I woke up this morning, I felt sick. My forehead is hot and I keep coughing. I wish that I had some tissues. It's sad – there are so many things I only know about through books. Tissues, computers, bikes. I just wish I could see a real person.
Well, I also wish I had a 'computer'. The people in books – they spend so much time on them, yet they still get bored. Amazing, for someone like me.
I also wish that I could go outside. My room is always stuffy and there is only one light bulb. I wish that I could be outside. I won't lie: the closest I've gotten to that was the picture books I had years ago.
I hope that they notice I'm sick – diseases can be dangerous, I've heard. It's also weird because, well – I haven't been sick before. Not at all. Ever.
Which is basically why I'm scared, and my forehead seems to be getting hotter by the minute. I think I'll go to sleep now – otherwise I'll probably faint.
---
I'm lying in bed. The covers are light blue, and perfectly clean. They always change them when I'm asleep. The bed is shoved up against the wall, and I'm not in a mood to get up from it. Actually, I think that I'll close my eyes now.
Good night, Diary. Sleep well.
Anita
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/16/2009, 1:53 pm

Nice, I like it. Smile
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/16/2009, 6:09 pm

I like this! Very Happy It's really interesting. Keep writing!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 1312Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 2412Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 3349Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 3548Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 6:22 pm

Very Happy I think this is one of my new favorites on here. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Webkinz-lover#1 9/16/2009, 6:34 pm

I like it. Very Happy
Webkinz-lover#1
Webkinz-lover#1
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ Siggy
Female Posts : 2058

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/16/2009, 7:20 pm

Oh. XD

Awesome new chapter. nod Just a question: How do they change her sheets while she's sleeping on them without waking her up?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/17/2009, 12:56 am

I'm not telling, yet. But there is a way, xP
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/17/2009, 5:51 pm

It's all part of the mystery of the story, eh? smug
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 1312Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 2412Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 3349Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 3548Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/18/2009, 1:01 am

Hehe. You'll see in the next chapter, which is coming today Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/18/2009, 1:04 am

Yay! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/19/2009, 8:28 am

More! Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/19/2009, 8:33 am

Okay, gimme 10 minutes Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/19/2009, 8:38 am

Day 3

Hi, Diary.
I do not actually know if this is Day 3, as I have not a way of looking outside. However, I'll assume that it is. Right now, even if I could, I don't think I'd be able to get out of my bed, anyway. I feel horrible.
The good thing is that they noticed that I needed tissues. I think I must have been force-fed some medicine too – even though it may have been against my will, I feel a whole lot better.
Ah, another thing to tell you. Forgetting. I know, everyone forgets stuff. Not that I have much to forget – it's the same routine day after day. The same worksheets, the same food, well, different books, but those are easy to remember.
I know that I must have been out of this room sometime. Because I won't remember what will have happened before, and I'll feel dizzy and weird. That happened to me this morning.
I can remember it – very faintly. I remember the room being dark, and me trying to get to sleep. Then I heard a sound. Naturally, that made me paranoid. I closed my eyes tighter that I needed them to be and focused on my breathing.
They came, a few minutes later. I could only hear them, I wasn't silly enough to open my eyes. I remember them giving me something, probably medicine, and then a jabbing pain in my shoulder. I think that they must have used anesthesia on me.
I haven't got much else to say, honestly. I feel so guilty for my entries being short. But then again, it's not that interesting in here. Maybe, some day, that will change.
Goodbye for now,
Anita
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/19/2009, 1:31 pm

Awesome new chapter! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/19/2009, 1:32 pm

Thanks, Anita. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Webkinz-lover#1 9/19/2009, 3:00 pm

Cool! Good job, Arianna! Smile
Webkinz-lover#1
Webkinz-lover#1
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Isolated, a story by Arianna ^day eight, finally!^ Siggy
Female Posts : 2058

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next