The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!*

5 posters

Go down

Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* Empty Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!*

Post by Miss_Alice 9/25/2009, 10:11 pm

Emily's GRAVE Mistake... (Finally got a name!) By Alice.

Maturity: Light Romance, School Bullying... errr.... I don't the rest right now. This will be edited.
Fantasy: Ghosts. nod

Index
Prologue/Chapter One/Chapter Two: Page 1, Post 1.

Prologue:
As Emily walked the empty and dark streets of her small new town, she heard a scream over her blasting music. She stopped walking, yanking out a ear bud from her ear, and listened. The streets became quiet again. After her whole week here in this 'quant' little town- she'd never once heard screams. She checked her watch. It was officially 12:02 in the morning. With one ear bud dangling down, Emily walked toward the Graveyard- which was a pretty dumb idea for a 14 year old to do, first off because the scream could been heard from this direction. And second- It was just a bad idea. She opened the gate, and poked her head inside, and looked around. That's when another scream was heard, and a shadow was viewable in the back of the Graveyard. She squinted and saw more details. It was a woman- dressed in a rather fancy dress. Her hair was falling down from the bun that was tightly pulled up on her head. She ran faster and faster, leaving her shoes and scarf behind. She ran up to the gate and opened it, then grabbed Emily's shoulders, shaking her slightly.
"Ghosts, Ghosts... GHOSTS!" She repeated over and over, before running off.
Emily watched her leave, and blinked a few times. She turned back to the graveyard, sighing quietly.
"What a weir-" She bit her lip, as she saw a figure pass in the mist.
Of course- Her brain told her to run back home, and climb up to her room, and fall asleep. But her heart told her to run in a see what was the figure, and what exactly it was doing.
You want to know what she did?
She ran in, like the lil' Ghost Hunter she is.
---

---
Chapter One: ///

BEEP~ BEEP~ BEEP~ BE- Emily violently slammed her hand down on the snooze button on the annoying alarm clock next to her head. Sunlight peeked in though her window curtains. It was probably a good day to go out and play, ride bikes, or maybe go kite flying. No. Today was a great day to go to your first day of school in October. Emily pulled her covers over her head, trying to fall back asleep. As she just got to the brink of falling asleep, her father busted in though the door.
“WAKEY WAKEY! EGGS AND BACON!” He shouted, then walked over to the lump on the bed.
“C’mon Em. Wake up.”
“No….” She replied groggily.
“Em.” Her father- who’s name was Jason actually- said seriously.

Emily- with her hair looking like someone put a bomb in her hair, and it exploded, sat up and looked at him. She blinked a few times at him and held up her hand, and waved him away so she could get dress. He nodded, and left the room. Emily smiled lightly and slid off her bed. Her small feet touched the creamy colored carpet. ‘I wonder if this was white once apon a time…’ She thought, then shrugged it off as she walked over to the small black vanity that stood in a corner all by it’s self. She looked at herself in the mirror, and looked at the picture in the top right hand corner. The picture was of her, her dad, and her mother. Sadly- During the moving process, something permanent had smudged over her mothers face. But you could clearly see a younger version of Emily, and her dad. Both of them looked pretty much the same. Her dad- who was pretty tall back then, had hazelnut brown hair, that stopped at the end of his ears. Jason was also really tan, And when you think tan, think a tad bit more tan and you’ve got Jason’s skin color. And as Emily looked closer at the picture, you could see his dark blue eyes.
Emily smiled again and looked at herself in the mirror again. She looked nothing like her father, or her mother, who looked pretty much the same as Jason, except she had dark brown hair, and light blue eyes. She was also shorter, Emily was pretty sure. She hadn’t seen her mom since the ‘move’. Emily, on the other hand- had black hair, which was not dyed... ever, to her shoulders- that was always paper straight, never curly. She was really pale too, come to think of it. But the weird thing- is that Emily has really light grey eyes. Not blue, grey. She sighed quietly and pulled a hairbrush through her hair, barely wincing when she pulled through tangles. She’d been through worse. Like last night… What was with that? She had walked through the Graveyard, looking for that figure for about an hour. She hadn’t seen anything, except for gravestones, and leaves, and flowers that were wilting. Emily got out her eyeliner and carefully lined near her lashes. With success on both eyes, she walked over to the closet, and pulled out a grey undershirt and a grey and cream striped sweater and threw it on her bed. Next to be throw onto the bed, was skinny jeans, and black ballet flats. She changed fast and walked back over to the mirror. She took the hair brush and pulled her short-ish hair up into a high ponytail, leaving her side sweep down for bangs. She looked at herself in the full length mirror, posing at one point. She smiled, and the pulled a bobby pin in her hair near her bangs. Just a simple cute girlish skull, with a red bow. She smiled at herself in the mirror again. Her mom bought her the bobby pin when she was 6. She walked out her room, picking up her five ton backpack on the way out.

Emily raced down the stairs, tripping as she turned the corner to the kitchen. She scrambled up to her feet, brushing herself off and lugging her backpack behind her as she sat down.
“Mornin’ Em.” Jason said, as he flipped a pancake.
“Morning.” Emily mumbled, wanting to fall asleep on the table.
Her dad glanced at her. “C’mon Em. Wake up and face the day.” He said, and then filled a mug with coffee. “Want some?” He said.
“Ick. No thank you.” Emily said, sticking her tongue out.

He smiled, and then passed her a mug of steaming hot chocolate. She smiled and sipped it down fastly. Her father watched as she slurped it down fast. She slammed the mug down on the table, and wiped her mouth with her sleeve.
“Gotta go bye!” She said fastly as she grabbed her backpack and tugged it off.
“Um. Bye Em…?” Jason said, rather confused.

Emily ran out of the house, and continued running as she skidded to a stop on a corner. This was the street she was walking last night, when she started hearing screaming. She shook off her thoughts. What’s to worry about, Right? She thought. She took out her iPod, and pushed in her ear buds. Then came the blasting music as she kept walking to her new school.

------

Chapter Two: //

Emily yawned and opened the large doors to her new school, and all was silent. Really, the halls were empty. She blinked a few times and walked over to Office. She pushed open the door, and fixed her five ton backpack. The secretary looked up from the extremely old computer, (Which, In Emily’s case, The two looked the same age) The lady had silver hair which was pulled up into a bun, with strands falling out. Flashback. Emily then thought of the lady who she encountered last night. The only difference was the lady was much for younger last night, and she had brown hair… Emily shook her head slightly to shake it off.
“How can I help you hun?”
“Oh- Um. I’m Emily Andes… I just Transferred…”
“MmmHmm.” The old lady said, and nodded, her bun wobbling as her head moved.

The old lady typed fastly, adding in Emily’s name. Or at least… That’s what she thought she was doing. The old ladies hands were moving to fast for her to even remember what the last letter she typed was.Emily’s eye caught onto the old lady’s name tag. ‘Georgia.’ It read. Emily rolled her eyes slightly, and then jumped when the printer started up. Four pages came out neatly, and ‘Georgia’ rolled back on her chair to the printer. She pulled out the pages and pushed back to her desk. She handed them to Emily, and then went back to typing. Nice service. Emily thought, and then pushed out her door.

Walking all the way own to her locker, she had most of her schedule memorized, and her locker combo. This was going to be an easy year. She thought happily. Then she looked up from her papers...

Emily’s grey eyes looked at the girl in front of her, she took a few steps back in disgust. The girl was dressed in pink, head to toe. Literally. The girl was wearing a pink tee-shirt with a black scarf laying lazily on her shoulders, a pink skirt with the end having a black ruffle. For shoes, she was wearing pink flip-flops, and her toenails were even painted pink! Her nails too! The girl had bland hair, that was waved, or was it curly? But still. Her hair was resting on her shoulders and chest. And guess what? There was even a pink strip through her hair. Just…. Wow.
“Ugh.” The girl said and wrinkled her nose- as if she just smell something bad, “Who brought in the new girl?”

Emily blinked a few times, and looked at her own attire. Grey and creamy white, and black. Uh-Huh.
The girl flipped her blond hair behind her shoulder, and pulled out (Guess the color!) a pink lip gloss and smeared it across her lips. With a loud ‘smack’ noise she made with her lips, she leaned close to Emily, who took a few steps back.
“I’ll just leave you with a warning Newbie.” She spat out. “Alexander is mine.” She said, putting emphasis on ‘mine’. And then, the girl turned around, and left.

Emily blinked a few times, totally confused. What was that? Who was that girl? Who was Alexander? Ouch. That caused damage to her brain. She blinked a few times again, rubbing the temples of her brain. The world was spinning. This wasn’t good. Fainting on her first day? Yeah! That’d be great for the yearbook! She jumped slightly as a hand was placed on her shoulder, and an 18th century voice was faintly heard in her ears.

“Hey, Are you OK?”

----

Nahaha! That was to fun to write! xD Another cliffhanger, kinda. xD Add more soon enough!

Last edited by Miss_Alice on 10/8/2009, 3:15 pm; edited 9 times in total
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6007

Back to top Go down

Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* Empty Re: Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!*

Post by Akeria 9/26/2009, 8:20 am

Ooooooooh! I <3 Ghost Stories. Very Happy
And I have a question... why are most female horror/ghost movie/book characters named Emily? Like... if you think about it... Lol. I like the name, I think it's good for your story. I just noticed...
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* Empty Re: Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!*

Post by shadowsowner888 9/26/2009, 9:37 am

Oooh, I like this! ^^ The story has a lot of personality, and you did a good job writing it, too.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 1312Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 2412Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 3349Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 3548Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 9/26/2009, 12:36 pm

Thank you Akeria! And... they are? I've never noticed. xD
And Thanks Shadow! Very Happy

I write more when I'm not.... so tired. xP
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 9/26/2009, 2:13 pm

Chapter one added. ^^
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/27/2009, 9:23 am

Awesome job! Very Happy I hope you don't have WB . . . >.> That would suck. And I wanna see more, lawlz!

As a suggestion for something to change - well, two suggestions. Smile One would be to make sure to divide the chapters into paragraphs, so it's not one big block of writing. The other is for a specific part-

She blinked a few times at him and held up her hand, and waved him away so she could get dress. And he did.

When you say "and he did," it's not really clear what he did. Although I know what you meant, it did sound a little like Jason was the one getting dressed, not Emily. Smile So I'd suggest you change the sentence, saying something along the lines of, "He listened, and left the room," instead.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 1312Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 2412Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 3349Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 3548Emily's GRAVE Mistake... A Love/Ghost Story by Alice! *Chapter 2 finished!* 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/27/2009, 8:12 pm

Awesome! Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 10/1/2009, 7:38 pm

Sorry I haven't written in a while! I pinky Promise I will get two new chapters up! Very Happy
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 10/3/2009, 2:09 pm

Chapter One finished! Part of Chapter Two up! Very Happy
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/4/2009, 9:40 am

AUGH! xD I don't like cliffhangers.

Awesome job!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/4/2009, 12:08 pm

I don't think anybody does, Shadz. XD

It's awesome, BTW. Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 10/4/2009, 5:52 pm

Bahahaa... Cliff Hangers. I hate them too, but they are fun to write!! Very Happy

Thanks you girls...! (xD) I'll add the next chapter soon.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/4/2009, 11:47 pm

Sounds good so far I can't wait for more please pm me when you write more!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/5/2009, 6:48 pm

Awesome! Smile I can't wait to read it.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 10/8/2009, 3:44 pm

Rest of Chapter Two up~

Writin' Chapter 3 now!
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/8/2009, 4:32 pm

That was cooool. Very Happy And I already hate Ms. Pinky! Yay!!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 10/8/2009, 4:35 pm

Ms. Pinky? Nice... xDD

But Thank You! Yay! Very Happy
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/8/2009, 5:31 pm

xD

You're welcome. x3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/8/2009, 7:27 pm

My guess is that the 18th century voice is Alexander. XD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 10/8/2009, 7:53 pm

Mmm.... I can't say.. Rolling Eyes xD
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/9/2009, 7:18 pm

Great job I loved the latest part of the chapter.
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down