The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Princesses Revenge (in writing)

+2
Akeria
Arianna
6 posters

Go down

A Princesses Revenge (in writing) Empty A Princesses Revenge (in writing)

Post by Arianna 10/12/2009, 12:30 pm

Maturity: Kissing and killing Smile
Fantasy: An imaginary land, that's pretty much it.
This started with a freewrite. Smile

A Princesses Revenge

“That wouldn't be fair, Lucy.” Father sat at the head of the table, and I sat as far away from him as I could get. I was surprised that he could even hear me. He was so mean, how could he be like this?
“Look,” I said, not bothering to eat. I was full, already. “There's nothing stopping you. Kings don't follow rules.” I gestured towards our cooks, who Mother had employed, though Father had spoken against it. “And Queens don't either. And neither do Princesses.”
Father glared at me. “You know that isn't the point. Lucy, I'm running an Empire here. Fairly. Not in the way you would. And will.” He sighed, looking do his scribe. “Could you please get a piece of paper, scribe?” he asked, using unnecessary manners like he always did.
“Father! Who do you think you are? Some... Unworthy peasant? We've been the rulers for years. Hundreds of years! No one is going to throw us out of our castle!” I yelled, almost getting up from the table. Mother, however, glared at me.
“Sit down, Lucy.” She then turned back to Anne, my sister, continuing their boring and vain conversation about who-knows-what.
“Father!” I demanded. He was dictating something to his scribe and wasn't paying attention to me anymore.
“What, Lucy? We've discussed this millions of times before. You cannot kill innocent people. I understand that you do not like Roger, and that is fine by me. But you have to get along, please?” He was getting to a weaker phase, obviously tired out. I'd started bugging him even more as the marriage was approaching sooner and sooner.
“Get along?” I screeched. “Get along?” I banged my fists on the table, tears coming out of my eyes. “Roger is getting married! Married! Can you believe that? We were lovers just like... A month ago! And Natalie? That idiot, that WEREWOLF!, she has no idea what she's getting herself into. Roger has no right to just... propose to her and marry her and all that crap!”
“Mind your language, young lady.” Father got up from his chair and his scribe followed. A cook came from behind to serve more, ignoring that Father was coming my way.
“Father! Are you just going to let them marry? And live happily ever after? Roger was meant for me!”
“Yes.” Father spoke in a resolute tone. “I am going to do just that. And if they ask me to approve of them, I will. It is morally correct to, as the King.”
I screamed. “Where is my life going? I had everything, everything, just a few weeks ago. And now, I don't know where anything is? My love life – gone. My 'nice' family – gone. Even Natalie, my best friend? Yeah, she's gone too. With Roger. Together. Can you imagine that?”
Father walked back to his chair. His food had been served. He thanked the cook and sat down. “Yes, I can imagine that. For I got the marriage announcement today.” He gestured to his scribe, who pulled a cream-colored piece of paper out of his pocket, and began to read.
“Roger Black and Natalie Gerald would like to announce the wedding between them will be held on the 21st of August. You are invited.” He continued to drone on about something with formal-attire and a reception afterwords, but I spaced out.
I would kill them. That was the only option I had left. Both of them. Visions began to form in my mind as I plotted out their end. Their demise. Their last day on earth. I hoped they'd enjoy it.
“Lucy, are you listening?” Father's voice pierced through my thorough plotting. I nodded, still not paying complete attention. “I want you to attend the wedding.”
I nodded, still out of it. Then I snapped back into place, my senses working again. “What?” Attend the wedding? Father had thought of many horrible ideas, but this was the worst. “What?” I repeated, as he hadn't answered.
“Yes, you shall attend the wedding.” He looked at his scribe. “Go over to Lucy, please. She must send a letter back acknowledging the invitation and saying that she will come.”
Or maybe it wasn't the worse. A sudden grin came to life on my face. This would be the perfect place to kill them. Both of them would be there, and I'd be able to get near enough to them to manage to kill them somehow. The other hundred-something guests might be a nuisance, but I'd get around it somehow. “Princess Lucy, I am ready to begin writing.” The scribe was now sitting on the stool beside me with a pen in hand.
I began to dictate.
“Dear Roger and Natalie,
I am very pleased that you invited me to your wedding, and I would be more than delighted to come. I shall check the gift registry and buy the most expensive thing I may find, to wish you luck in your new lives together.
Sincerely,
Lucy”
The scribe jotted it down in elegant handwriting. “Shall I have this delivered by hand, your Majesty?” He was asking Father, not me, of course. How rude.
“Yes. And please inscribe another copy, so each of them may have a copy. You are dismissed.” Father waved the scribe away, then looked at me. “Lucy, you will be going. They are your friends and it is my last word.”
“And so I shall, Father.” I shoved my chair back and went to my bedroom, hoping that Father believed me.
I opened the wooden door to my room in a quick motion, inhaling the familiar scent. I took a piece of paper from my desk, and went to sit on the red cover my newly-made bed, something which was sure to anger the cleaning women. Too bad for them.
I grabbed the pen which was meant for my diary from my bedside table and began to plot viciously for that day. April 21st, I thought. I'd been made to memorize too many dates over the years, and April 21st stood out as the day that my great-great-grandfather had claimed the throne.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

A Princesses Revenge (in writing) 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

A Princesses Revenge (in writing) Empty Re: A Princesses Revenge (in writing)

Post by Akeria 10/12/2009, 3:48 pm

Naughty Lucy. o.O

I like this. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by littletoes101 10/12/2009, 4:39 pm

love this!
littletoes101
littletoes101
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5640

http://www.thechildbooks.wikispaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/12/2009, 6:32 pm

Wheeeee! cheesy I can't wait to read moooooore. This is, like, seriously epic. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

A Princesses Revenge (in writing) 1312A Princesses Revenge (in writing) 2412A Princesses Revenge (in writing) 3349A Princesses Revenge (in writing) 3548A Princesses Revenge (in writing) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/12/2009, 10:45 pm

Thanks, everyone!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

A Princesses Revenge (in writing) 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/12/2009, 11:23 pm

This is awesome so far. Smile Mooooooore. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/13/2009, 6:45 pm

Wow I love it, PLEASE write more soon PUH-LEASE!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down