The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Freewrite by Arianna

+2
LuckyPenny666
Arianna
6 posters

Go down

A Freewrite by Arianna Empty A Freewrite by Arianna

Post by Arianna 10/26/2009, 9:48 am

Maturity: Not much
Fantasy: Ghosts
This is a freewrite which I did today. Very Happy

The fog descended quicker than it ever had, and I watched out of the window, freezing to the bone. Then again, the window wasn't really a window, it resembled a transparent sheet of paper for as much as it blocked out the cold and wind from the small room that I was 'living' in. Not that there was much life here, anyways. I tried to pull the curtains over the windows, but then again, those were also just scraps which hung from a drear and washed out stick which hung over the 'windows'.
Slowly it began to rain, washing the fog away with it. The puddles on the streets got bigger and pooled over. The rich people, with their cars, drove through them as quick as possible, trying to get out of the 'unlucky' district. It splashed the kids on the sidewalk. I could relate to the kids, but I wouldn't go outside for anything. They were freezing and cold, probably even worse off than me, they didn't have a place to stay.
I stared out at the shacks which people had decided to call houses, and wished that I was rich like the other people in this city, clear cut with poor and rich. I wished that I had servants, and all the food that I wanted, and a house which caught the wind before it chilled you to the bone. I also wished I had a sister and a brother, and a mom and a dad. But some wishes never are fulfilled, and I guess you have to live with that.
I jumped off my chair in a quick movement and moved over to the cupboard, where a damp blanket sat. I hated to use it, because it made me remind a past which had just vanished, but in this coldness, I wasn't about to freeze do death.
I sat on my mattress on the floor, shivering as I tried to clear my mind from thoughts. Life was less painful that way. I couldn't clear my mind, though, no matter how hard I tried. The thoughts floated past my eyes again and again, and I pushed my eyes shut and stared into the blackness of my eyelids.
I heard a sound from the door of my room. Or the piece of wood which sat in a door frame, whatever you would prefer to call it. It wasn't very good for keeping anything out, so I got to the door in half a second and thrust it open. All I was greeted by was the wind. No one was there. I stepped outside, looking to the right and the left. A light trail of footsteps went to the left, to the back of my house, where I kept my rusty old bike. I cautiously walked over there, trying to make sense of what was happening. I knew that robbers were frequent in the area, but my bike was worth less than a loaf of bread in it's condition.
There was a small boy there, no older than three or four. He stood at the bike and stared into my eyes, his hands on the handlebars of my bike. He had an eerie glow around him, almost shimmering in white. I then noticed something else - I could look through him. He wasn't completely transparent, but I could clearly see the patchy grass which surrounded the walls of my house looking at his torso. I gasped, and he nodded. He knew what he was.
He was a ghost.
I stared at him for a few seconds longer, then I calmly walked over to him, ready to take the bike from his hands. I placed my hands on the handlebars and tugged lightly, but the bicycle wouldn't budge. "Please," I said softly, but then I instantly regretted it.
His eyes burned with a cold fire as he glared at me. Though he was so young, he had the strength of a full grown man as he yanked by bike away from me. "Mine." he said in a voice which one would associate with a toddler. He then rode off on it, his feet barely reaching the pedals.
I walked back into my house slowly, breathing in an irregular pattern, and sat back down on my bed.
What an interesting day.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

A Freewrite by Arianna 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

A Freewrite by Arianna Empty Re: A Freewrite by Arianna

Post by LuckyPenny666 10/26/2009, 5:16 pm

Wow, this is really good! Are you going to continue with it?
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/26/2009, 9:05 pm

Ooh, awesome. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/26/2009, 9:48 pm

This is good!! It's kinda bizarre, but I still feel bad for the MC. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

A Freewrite by Arianna 1312A Freewrite by Arianna 2412A Freewrite by Arianna 3349A Freewrite by Arianna 3548A Freewrite by Arianna 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/26/2009, 11:34 pm

Ooh, I like it I think you should continue this!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/27/2009, 2:12 am

I don't know if I'll write more, but thank you very much, everyone. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

A Freewrite by Arianna 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscardedHarmony 11/3/2009, 8:25 pm

Woah, awesome! I like your descriptions of everything! Poor girl(or boy .-.), lolz, that's a bad day. Please continue it, I think everybody would like to read more! Very Happy
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1596

http://ShimmeringHeart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down