The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/)

2 posters

Go down

Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) Empty Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/)

Post by Puckspaw 6/2/2010, 4:09 pm

Maturity: Low Fantasy: Medium to high-ish

Has there ever been thing that you've regretted? Of course there has. Everyone has things that they regret, right? Well, I have something that I really regret. Something that put a lot of lives in danger. I didn't mean to do it. It was an accident. I know that sounds like a really lame excuse, isn't that what everyone says? I swear, it was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose. But just because you didn't mean for it to happen, doesn't mean that it's not your fault. It doesn't change the fact that people could get seriously hurt. I know that the whole situation is my fault, I know that I caused the whole thing to happen. I just wish I could take it all back.

Three days earlier...
I had just moved to Ferryport Landing with my parents. We moved around a lot and saw a lot of strange places, but this was by far the strangest. It was an older town, pretty small, that ran next to the Hudson River. It wasn't so much the town that was strange, but the people in it. Everyone seemed as if they were hiding something. It gave me the creeps.

My parents and I were driving to our new home. Well, new to us anyway. I didn't anything in this town was actually new. Everything looked as if it hadn't been washed in about a hundred years, the whole town needed a paint job. Everything was worn and starting to fall apart. We drove through the downtown and into the middle of nowhere. The scenery began to change from the old, worn down buildings with a paved road to really big trees and large bushes with a dirt road. I didn't know what the house looked like, but if it was all the way out here I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like it. There was nothing but woods as far as the eye could see.

When we finally pulled up to the house, I looked around. It was huge. Like huge, huge. It was three stories tall and went really far back. And, of course, it was really worn down. The paint was mostly chipped off, leaving just the brown rotting wood. Why did we even need a house this big? There were only three of us, four if you count Rosco, my dog. I didn't think I'd even be able to find my way around it.

Just then my mom walked up behind me. "Isn't it beautiful?" She said. When I looked at her as if she were crazy, she said, "It needs a little work, but you have to look beyond the surface, Sweetheart."

"I have a feeling that there's just termites beyond the surface, Mom." I said. My mom squeezed my shoulders and kissed my head.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll love it here once you get used to it. Now, go get your backpack so we can head inside."

I went and grabbed my backpack from the back of the car then walked towards the large door.
Puckspaw
Puckspaw
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) Empty Re: Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/)

Post by shadowsowner888 6/2/2010, 10:21 pm

I like it, Puck. ^^ Good job! Lol, I love that little termite line.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) 1312Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) 2412Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) 3349Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) 3548Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/) Empty Re: Puck's Freewrite. (At least I think that's what it is. :/)

Post by Puckspaw 6/4/2010, 4:49 pm

lol thanks Shadow =D
Puckspaw
Puckspaw
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down