The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please."

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." Empty Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please."

Post by Avé 1/23/2010, 4:43 am

Maturity -- Some romance
Fantasy -- None

BLACK HOLES & REVELATIONS
[ our hopes & expectations ]

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." V789ra

this ship is taking me far away from the memories of the people who care if i live or die
I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S WORTH IT ANYMORE
you electrify my life - let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive

>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>

matthew neil hathaway -- twenty four -- male -- enjoys reading, writing, modest women, horseback riding, & archery -- dislikes lack of muse, airheads (both the type of people and the candy), & disorganization -- upper class -- occupation//student (studying literature)

The sky was dark this afternoon, with practically black clouds hanging low in the sky and the harsh wind causing the palm trees on the medians to blow rapidly back and forth. A dark rumbling could be heard in the distance and every so often, a crack of lightning could be spotted if you were looking in just the right place. There were no birds in sight, and the streets were nearly empty, excluding the few people that Matt pretty much considered crazy for being out in this weather, even if they did have umbrellas. To say the least, he thought that basically everyone was insane these days. At some point in life, you simply begin to get so dang tired of everyone's madness and start believing that they've all lost it. Heck, they have.

Water splashed up unto his small, black BMW as he drove through it, turning the wheel quickly and rounding the corner so that he was now off Courtney Road and driving through the small outlet mall. This one in particular included an ice cream shop, a mattress store, a Toys R Us, Pier 1, a few restaraunts, and his final destination - a Barnes and Noble book store. He pulled his car, now shiny from all the rain, into an empty parking space. It wasn't too hard to find; no one seemed to be here today. The weather must have scared everyone away, he realized. "Whimps," he muttered under his breath, a sour expression crossing his face. The quiet tone wasn't needed, he knew; for heaven's sake, he could have practically shouted it and no one within a five mile radius would have heard him. Not that he would care, anyway.

Yanking the keys out of the car, he shoved them into his pocket and slowly stepped out of the car. He didn't try to cover himself from the rain; actually, he kind of liked the feeling of the water hitting his hair and then rolling down the sides. It felt good, though he wasn't about to tell anybody that. He did, however, walk around to the back of the car and open the truck, quickly grabbing the black umbrella from the back. He closed the truck and made sure it was shut tightly. Slipping his hand into his pocket, Matt found the keys and pressed the lock button, waiting for that reassuring beep that meant he was keeping his car as safe as possible. He opened the umbrella, not hesitating to cover himself with it, even though he was in no rush to stay dry.

Matt liked the sound of his boots against the pavement. He felt like a child, enjoying the puddles like he always used to, but didn't really mind the comparison. After all, who was he to care what other people thought of him? With a sigh, he rested his left hand on the door's handle as the right closed his umbrella and shook it off. He paused for a moment before he entered and then pulled open the door, shivering as he stepped inside. It was an odd thing for him to do, considering it was colder outside than it was in here, but the rush of air conditioning was enough to chill anybody. To his left were cash registers and in front of him were the new releases, while to his left was the Starbucks section. He decided he'd find a book later, thinking he could enjoy a hot drink right then.

Walking up to the counter, Matt was the first in line, though he wasn't surprised; it wasn't crowded at all today. There were a few people sitting at tables alone with their laptops, and one couple in the corner by the giant window. He didn't understand why they would sit there, however, since it was so gloomy and unwelcoming outside. Some people were like that, he thought, so he just shrugged it off. Tapping his fingers on the counter as he waited impatiently, his eyes scanned the menu, skimming over the sandwiches and thouroughly reading through the hot drinks section. A cappucino sounded absolutely wonderful right then, so he figured he would just order one of those. Finally, a man with blonde dreadlocks and a Starbucks hat came up behind the counter, an obviously unwanted smile playing on his pierced lips.

"Welcome to Starbucks, how may I help you?" the man greeted in a flat voice, the kind that's been used over and over and eventually lost it's charm over the what, minutes? This made Matt sigh, though it also made him feel a bit glad that someone felt the same way as him. Everyone probably did, though. Who couldn't on a rainy afternoon like this? The groan of the barista interrupted his thoughts and he looked up again, shaking his head. "Sorry," he began, glancing at the menu again. "Um, I'll have a strawberry frapucinno-" he finished, but cut himself off right away. He changed his mind, he would go back to the hot drink he wanted before. "A skinny cinnoman dolce latter, please." The employee nodded, muttering an "Okay" and then turning on his heel towards the coffee machines. Matt decided that he wouldn't wait, so instead, he made his way towards one of the empty tables that was closest to the counter.

if we live our life in fear, i'll wait a thousand years just to see you smile again
KILL THE PRAYERS FOR LOVE & PEACE
love is our resistance, we can't pretend - they won't stop breaking us down

out of character ? I hope this is good, Becca... just LMK if there is anything I should change.
face claim ? Landon Liboiron
lyrics ? Starlight and Resistance, both by Muse
words ? 887
credit ? Template by me... don't steal.

Last edited by Avé on 6/7/2010, 8:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." Empty Re: Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please."

Post by FOREIGN?! 1/23/2010, 6:07 am

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." De7axtStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 9zmzgmStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 2dv6frbStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 286sjfp
COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD
ignore all the lines, i don't care if our brushes intwine

..........................................................................................................................................................

jovi marjorie annjeliet eversong
enjoys: details, cats, paint, the ocean, notebooks, deer, autumn, poems, floral prints, little dresses, white noise.
dislikes: rats, anything boring, thunderstorms (she HATES thunderstorms. especially clouds.), chatterboxes, humidity, unoriginality, being lost (which she frequently is).

..........................................................................................................................................................

In my spare time, I think of things. Of why things are, and what my 'professional' opinion is on them. Such as, why does a thunder storm always make the world seem like a darker place? I don't know if it's the wind or the rain, or the rumble of thunder. Maybe it's the chill that a lightning strike sends down my spine every time it shoots through the sky and cracks the earth. There is a possibilty that it could just be me, imagining things like I so often do in my free time; it's sort of my hobby. It could be my mind playing tricks on me, though I couldn't expect such cruel things from myself. No matter which of those options you think it is, I can't help but know that it is those big, menacing, black clouds above my head. I am certain that they will one day be the end of me, but you never know. That might just be m imagination as well.

There are many things that I think of while riding to work, but today, the particular subject of rain was on my mind. Even with so little people on the streets- or, really, anywhere- I didn't hardly have a possibility of crashing into anyone. Though I still questioned my safety as my head was turned upwards at the sky, eyeing the clouds above me. If I weren't so nervous and fear-ridden, I would be itching to get my hands, or, my paints, on those clouds. Even though they are so terrifying to me, no one could underestimate the deadly beauty they behold. Personally, I believe that they look like peaceful monsters, set to blow up at the winds' gentle touch. Even though I can scarcely think of such things unless I have a clean mind, or, complete boredom.

My foot got soaked in rain water from the previous night as my vespa skidded on the sharp turn I took. As I set up my scooter again and gave myself a kickstart to get going, the shop entered my view. Though, I wouldn't really classify it as a 'shop'. It's a Barnes and Noble, a book store to be quite frank, but I don't work with the books; I work at the starbucks inside it. Hopping off my vehicle, I shook off my wet foot. I was only wearing my old moccasins, so this didn't concern me much, but a wet foot is still a wet foot. I swear the AC nearly froze me as I pushed the doors open. I jumped at the temperature change, and then opened the other set of doors, entering the bookstore. I turned to my right and the scent of espresso immediatly hit my nose. Even though none was out yet, the smell was pretty much imbedded in the walls. "Hey Maine," I greeted my fellow emplyee while tying on the apron I was required to wear.

He grunted a reply, sitting at one of the tables idley. Even thought he shows up early every day to open the place up, he's never wanted to get to work. This aspect of Maine has always puzzled me. The next steps of 'opening up' are pretty easy. We turn on the coffee machines and refill everything. Usually we're pretty busy from the moment we open. But today? Practically nothing. Sure, there's a person here and there, and this couple that stays for practically my whol shift, and thats aout it so far. It gets pretty boring, so to pass the time I doodle on coffee cups. It's pretty fun actually, seeing the customers face when their cup is covered in fish is quite a thing. I know what you're thinking, what a lovly life. Well, this is what you get when you have nthing to do all summer. Sharpies, starbucks, and decaf.

Finally! A customer! I'm guessing my face lit up like a light bulb when I noticed someone walking into line. I didn't get a look at their face or anything, but I didn't really care; I had a mountain of colorful cups and Maine wouldn't let me make anymore until some of them got used. I tried buying some coffee for myself, but he wouldn't let me. Leave it to Maine to finally be responsible at the worst times. Another example of this? When I see him step up to take the customers order before I can get even get there. So I stay in the back room, sulking because of my boredom and staying away from the windows that give such a beautiful view to those wretched clouds.

"Jovi, napkins." Maine points to an empty napkin disposer, indicating for me to fill it, and walks back into the storage room to his chair. I assume he's tired of handling things for five minutes and wants me to do it for a while. I jump up at the oppertunity to do something, and spring out of my chair. I open a few cabinets in hopes of finding napkins, to no avail. After about four wrong tries, I found them and pulled out a handful from their plastic bag. Bfore heading out to restore the napkin holder to it's proper glory, I see that Maine has left a drink on the counter without calling anyone for it. I roll my eyes and pick it up, reading the marks on the side then set it down. "One skinny cinnoman dolce" I called out in a half-voice, not wanting to disrupt the readers as I then spun out of the enclosed area.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

post status: done.
    notes: none.
    lyrics: mine.
    outfit: Moccasins, denim skirt, white v-neck, bronze bangles, and floral leggings.
    word count: 933 words.
    credit: Template, lyrics, content, everything by yours truely. Steal, and I will rip out your throat. Thanks.
    face claim: alexis bledel.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." Empty Re: Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please."

Post by Avé 1/23/2010, 7:16 am

this ship is taking me far away from the memories of the people who care if i live or die
you electrify my life - let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive

The sweet aroma of coffee and scones pervaded the air around Matt as he strolled over to the round brown table, taking a seat in one of the wooden chairs. He leaned back on it, letting out a heavy sigh and closing his eyes, letting the scent fill his nostrils as he breathed in and out. It made him feel at ease, like he didn't have any worries at all the world- even though, somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that he did. Eventually, though, he felt a bit uncomfortable, knowing it would look a little bit odd to anybody watching. So instead, he simply opened his eyes again and let the sweet air beckon him into thought as he looked around the building, the walls, and all the paintings that were hung on them.

That was the one thing he had always loved about Starbucks: the decorations. He had never been much of a decorator himself, which is why he admired almost everything about a place that was well put together and designed. He almost instantly felt happy at the sight of something beautiful, whether it be a lady or a mere red rose that was still thriving, even in the dead of winter. These thoughts carressed him for a moment, until his gaze finally, slowly, traveled to the window, and the gloomy weather immediately shook him out of any friendly state of mind that he had been in. Giving his head a needed shake, he pursed his lips, resting his hands on his lap and sighing heavily once more.

Watching the wind blowing outside, Matt almost felt a little bit nostalgic. Why did gloomy weather always bring depressing thoughts? He had to wonder, because as if on cue, memories of the car crash hit him. No, he wasn't in it; it was the one that had killed his parents. He had always loved his parents unconditionally, and being an only child, they loved him as much as he did them. He had always tried to be on his best behavior around them, even if he did slack off every once in a while. The crash had only happened three years ago, when he had just began college. He was devastated; after all, how was a young adult supposed to feel?

Matt knew it was a selfish thought, but he couldn't stop thinking about how the death had helped him. He had inherited the house and the fortune, and while he was aware that that was no where near the value of his parents' lives, it helped him during school and now, he had a nice place to live during the summer. He would always miss his parents, yes, but sometimes, he couldn't help thinking about- he frowned, realizing how shallow and selfish he currently sounded, even if he was only talking to himself in his head.

Trying his best to clear his mind of all thoughts except for that of his soon to exist latte, he tapped his fingernails on the table, waiting quite patiently. Soon enough, his order was called, and he licked his lips, ready for the delicious taste of his skinny cinnamon dolce. Pushing himself off his chair, he stood up, making his way over to the counter and to where his latte rested.

What happened next wasn't really expected; he hadn't even seen it coming. The barista, the one that hadn't taken his order, was spinning, almost in a slightly cute way, out from behind the counter, and he didn't see her until, well, he kind of, sort of... crashed right into her.

if we live our life in fear, i'll wait a thousand years just to see you smile again

out of character ? Meep. xD
lyrics ? Starlight and Resistance, both by Muse.
words ? 602. Fail. xD
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 1/23/2010, 5:54 pm

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." De7axtStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 9zmzgmStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 2dv6frbStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 286sjfp
COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD

Of all the times that I had spun like that, I’d never run into anyone. Sure, there have been some close calls where some one was walking by and I might’ve startled them, but never a full on collision. Well, of course, there was that one time I had spun on my heel a bit too quickly and wiped out. Lets just say it was exciting... and messy. But this time was a very nice display of my clumsiness. Right as I stepped foot out from behind the counter I turned around and my face ran right into someone’s shoulder. Or maybe just their arm, I wasn’t sure. All I knew was that he was a heck of a lot taller than me. The situation could’ve been a million times worse if he had actually picked up his cup, luckily, he hadn’t reached it yet.

As soon as my face made collision with his arm, or, actually, it might’ve been more of his back, I’m not sure. Anyways, after I hit him, my leg decided to swing up and kick him in the back of the legs, right behind the knees. I cringed as my toes hit his knee, imagining how much that must hurt. Appropriately, after all of that, I was so caught off balance that I began to fall backwards, my arms swinging wildly. I can imagine how ridiculous I look, falling all over the place, appendages flailing all around. Oh, and the expression on my face, I wouldn’t want to see that. I’m guessing it was a mix of ‘oh my gosh what is happening?’ and the face you get when a roller coaster suddenly gets much faster. Usually the face that you are stuck at right as the part of the ride where your picture is taken. Isn’t this just so convenient?

I hit the ground abruptly after I was done making a fool of myself, and just sat there for a moment taking in the shock of it all; you don’t really think about what you’re doing in a situation like this until afterwards. It’s a bit of a ‘out of your mind’ experience. Well, for me it is. This is when I finally got a chance to actually see him. I was fairly surprised with what I saw, not like I didn’t expect him to be good looking or anything, I was just startled by the fact that he was quite charming. The shaggy brown hair and blue- or, were they green?- eyes were what caught me at first. I ended up taking a second to stare at them lightly because the color was rather intense to me at the moment.

The rest of him followed the same good looks as his eyes and hair. He had a fairly muscular build, nice proportions, and like I said earlier: tall. This isn’t much of a difference for me, though, because I’m sort of on the short side. I like to call myself petite. It makes me feel dainty. Well, anyways, There I was, sitting there on the ground, my big ‘owl eyes’ even bigger, as Maine walked by behind the counter. “Smooth,” He commented sarcastically, regarding my spill. I then quickly clambered off the ground and onto my feet, dusting myself off as I took a few steps closer to him to make sure he was okay. ”I am so, so, so, so, so, so, sorry!” I exclaimed, feeling really bad about my inability to keep control of my limbs. ”Are you okay?” I questioned, hoping I hadn’t caused him any pain. Now my mind was reeling with possibilities: Did I hurt him? Is he okay? He’s going to hate me now, isn’t he? Wow, his eyes are really pretty. Could he sue starbucks for this? I need to calm down.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

notes: I hope this is big enough, I was in a rush because I have homework to get done. >.<
    outfit: Moccasins, denim skirt, white v-neck, bronze bangles, and floral leggings.
    word count: 673 words.
    credit: Template, lyrics, content, everything by yours truely. Steal, and I will rip out your throat. Thanks.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 1/23/2010, 8:18 pm

He wasn't sure whose fault the fall was- whether it was his fault for running into her, or hers for, well... spinning, and not quite looking where she was going- though either way, it was unexpected for both of them. When she landed near his chest, he started to catch her and help her regain her balance, but it all happened so quickly that all too soon, he realized he was sadly mistaken; the fumble was not yet over. Her leg hit the back of his knee, and by hit, he meant dig into so it hurt- badly. He stumbled back in pain, forgetting all thoughts of even attempting to help the employee up. He cursed under his breath, not nessacarily at the girl, more just out of frustration. With a deep sigh, he stared down at the girl, frowning.

"What was that for?!" Matt questioned her angrily, though it was more challenging than rhetorical. It wasn't that he was mad- well, come to think of it, he kind of was, even though he knew it was technically her fault-, he just dreaded this happening and hated it when it did. He knew, however, that he had to regain his composure, so he took another step back, running one hand through his hair and rested his hand on the leg that was hurting. Taking a breath in, he let his shoulders relax and felt himself growing a bit more at ease each second that passed. And then, he decided to answer one of her questions, instead of ignoring them like he had planned to do before.

Biting his lip, he inhaled and then nodded his head slowly. "Yes," he breathed, pursing his lips. "I'm perfectly fine." It wasn't exactly true, because he could still feel some pain in his left leg, but other than that, he really did feel okay. Just a little shocked at the... he paused, thinking of the right words. Clumsiness of the barista? Yes, that would work- even though he knew half of it was his fault. Brushing off his pants with his hands, he sighed once more, looking up at the girl and raising his eyebrows. "I take it that you're alright too," he said to her, pretty much saying that even if she was hurt, he wouldn't care.

Matt finally took a few moments to examine the girl, his eyes traveling up and down her and studying her. He hadn't ever seen her working here before. Maybe she usually didn't work around the time that he usually came here, or maybe he went to the other Starbucks in town more than this one. It was a possibility that he could have seen her before, and simply have not remembered her. However, he didn't think that could have happened- he would have remembered a pretty face like that. Her blue eyes were definitely bright, and it was hard to miss them. She had an attractive body build and she seemed to be around five-four or five-five in height, he noticed. Her outfit was cute too; he had never been into fashion, but he knew a good set of clothes when he saw one.

Shaking his head as if almost regretful, he frowned and folded his arms across his chest. "I'm sorry, that was all my fault," he apologized with a shrug, his gaze shifting from her to the counter behind her and his drink that he had almost forgotten about, now glad that he hadn't been carrying it when they collided. He hated a mess, and that was one that he wouldn't have been willing to clean up.

out of character ? I've got nothing to say.
words ? 603

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 1/23/2010, 10:33 pm

COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD

Inside I took a deep breathe, for two reasons. For one, he wasn’t that hurt. Well, I know he was, but not that much. Even though he said he was okay, I could see his hand on his leg. I don’t get why people say that they’re fine when they’re not. That has to be the biggest lie in America, and probably the world too. I mean really, think about it. How many times a day do you say ‘oh, i’m fine. it’s nothing’ while praying on the inside they see through it and question you further? People are stupid like that. I admit, at times I can be pretty dumb, but I’m not match for the human race. True, I did just plow over someone a second ago because i was spinning around like a five year old, but you don’t know the meaning of stupidity until you’ve seen a snuggie. And guess who thought up that great invention? Oh, you got it! The human race. This is where I rest my case.

The second reason that I took that ‘inner deep breathe’ or whatever you wish to call it, is because he didn’t seem that mad. Well, no, I take that back. At first he seemed pretty mad. I don’t blame him, I might be yelling if someone did that to me, but I’m a temperamental person, so I guess if you took a poll about that sort of thing, I’d be the outlier. When he said “What was that for?” I was pretty sure he’d just storm off angrily, but luckily he didn’t. He had the decency to stick around and handle things, which also relieved me. I guess that proves that at least 10 precent of americans have a heart these days.

Suddenly I felt even more embarrassed and nervous than before.”Er.. yeah, I’m fine.” I replied. From the way he was acting, I could tell the situation had gone from ‘oops, sorry’ to ‘well, this is awkward.’. I’m not exactly sure why that happened; he seemed to pause for a moment and take in the situation, like I had done. Except for me, I was sitting on the floor. His attitude appeared to change too. At first it was a little sharp and agitated, like I expected and as I should be after that. All the sudden he seemed more sincere, and he was even apologizing for the collision when it was totally my fault. What a turnaround.

”No way, it was totally my fault,” I stammered out, making sure he didn’t feel responsible for what happened. It was completely my fault. Granted, he did walk into a dangerous and deadly area; my personal bubble. My eyes darted around the room, half from embarrassment and half trying to find a way to make it up to him. I then spotted his coffee. ”Here, let me make it up to you,” I said, motioning to his drink. I then picked it up and thrust it near him. ”Here, It’s on the house. Sorry.” I bit my lip and shrugged, hoping this would make things better. He might just be a stranger, but you never know how some random stranger could effect your life. Especially kinda’ cute ones.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

notes: snuggies! :3
    word count: unknown.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 1/26/2010, 1:20 am

Awkward much? Yes, of course. Matt wasn't the one that would usually think things were awkward. He was more the type to make sure nothing seemed awkward, and if it did, he would fix it. But right now, there was no fixing that could be done. They were just standing there, him towering over her with his hands folded across his chest. He let out a sigh, waiting for her to speak, and fidgeted just slightly, uncrossing his arms. His slips his hands into his pockets, feeling around for his keys. He wasn't sure why though, because he didn't need them at the moment. That didn't matter, however. He did know that if anyone would actually doubt that this was awkward, he felt sorry for them; there must be something wrong in their head.

He had to wonder if this girl, whoever she was, felt the same way about the situation. He decided to simply calm down and just shrug it off, which he did, and then, giving his head a needed shake, he lowered his gaze, breathing in deeply as his eyes scanned the light brown tiles on the ground. He looked up slowly as she spoke, though, tilting his head to the side just a little bit. He felt a tiny grin begin to twitch at the corner of his lips as he heard what she was saying, about how it wasn't his fault. "Well," he began with a quiet chuckle to himself. "I thought that the costumer was always right?"

Matt raised his eyebrows as he waited for her response, the grin that had started to make it's way across his lips completely formed now, even though it was still small. He brought his hand up to his neck, scratching it gently with his nails. He had an itch there, yes, but it was more of an action that was done when you didn't really know what else to do, so you just occupied your hands and there you go, problem solved. He let the hand that had reached up simply rest on his neck for a little while, rubbing it and closing his eyes for a moment. He inhaled deeply, feeling himself swallow and the shaking his head slowly as she spoke again.

A frown crossed his expression, he could tell, as the barista handed his latte to him, saying that it was on the house. "No, no, I couldn't take this," he refused, holding his hands up as if to push it away. He knew there was no point in arguing, however, because this was obviously a girl that felt bad about the fall and wanted to make it up to him. He couldn't ignore that, could he? He didn't want to make this a big deal, so instead, he simply took the cup from her. After all, who could resist a free latte?

He sighed for what, the hundreth time? Reaching out for the cup of coffee, he took it in his hand, setting it on the table behind him. "Thanks," he said softly with a nod. He glance down at his watch, startled at what time it is. "Listen, I've got somebody visiting me in a few minutes..." he began, not bothering to mention that it was his girlfriend. "But before she comes, do you wanna sit down and talk?" He figured it wouldn't be a problem for her, considering that this Starbucks was not nessacarily crowded at the moment.

out of character ? SNUGGIES. xD Anyway, I know the post fails, but my muse has been horribly traumatized. >.>
words ? 577 or something like that.

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/26/2010, 9:56 pm

JUSTABYSTANDERWATCHINGYOU

~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 2hi31w4

Sitting here… Staring at you…
MEANT TO BE
You’re sitting there… Staring at me…
MEANT TO BE
But was it
MEANT TO BE

Francesca Elizabeth Hathaway~ 25~ Silent And Sweet
Likes: Art, writing, romance novels, reading, quiet time, thinking.
Dislikes: Sports, yelling, people gawking, snotty girls, fashion freaks

Francesca walked slowly to the Barnes and Noble at the corner. Her sensible flats padded gently on the small area of dry concrete under the overhang. She closes her umbrella carefully, shaking off the excess water. Pushing her damp curls away from her face, Francesca walks into the store, the sudden burst of air conditioning making her shiver.
'Why would they air condition a store now?' She thinks to herself, gently putting the umbrella in the stand outside the door. Her bright eyes scan the store, looking first at the Young Adult section to see if there is anything interesting and new. Being a few minutes early for her meeting with Matt, she wanders into that section, looking through carefully. Finding nothing of interest, she tucks her wild curls back yet again and pulls a sketchpad out of her small bag.
Her shoes slid over the carpeted floors with ease as she walked towards the Starbucks, her sketchpad in hand. She sat down silently, lying her bag down but taking the wallet, all the while never letting go of the notebook.
“One small strawberries and crème frappuchino, please..” She said, nearly silent, her fingers drumming anxiously on the page. She was itching to get her hands on the page, and draw the thick starter lines for the picture. Francesca stared out the window at the pounding rain, drumming endlessly on the roof and the sidewalk. She flipped to a new page, her pencil absent-mindedly drawing the window. She glanced down, and erased part of it, redrawing the line bolder and thicker. The pencil flies across the window, adding light shadows to the features, and then it heads for the empty space. Short, quick strokes create the rain falling at an angle, gently falling to the pavement below. She is so engrossed in her artwork that she doesn’t realize her coffee is ready until she looks up, five minutes later, and the barista is staring at her with a bored expression.
“I’m sorry.” She says truthfully, handing her the money. She takes the coffee and glances around, finally spotting Matt sitting at a table with an employee.
“Hello.” Francesca greets quietly, setting her drink down on the table with extremely calm nature, her voice still barely audible. “I’ll be right back- I have to go get my things from the other table.” She speaks calmer now, and her British accent is coming through, as it does with people she knows.
Slowly, she steps on the brown tiles, taking her bag from the old table. The worn out bag is clearly British, and is coming apart at the seams. She makes a mental note to get a new one as soon as she can as she gathers her papers and walks to the other table.

As she walks, Francesca shuffles the papers into a neater stack and slips them into the dark blue folder in her bag. She sets the bag next to her seat, slowly sinking into it next to Matthew. "That's everything."
She is still holding her sketchpad, though, and her pencil is still in her hand as she gently adds darker lines to the picture, outlining everything. She glances occasionally up at the new girl, but mostly looks at Matt or her drawing, which looks strikingly similar to the scene outside.

A small smile lights up my lips
???
As you slowly walk forward.
???
You smile as well,
???
And I question us
???
No more.

Notes: Is this good?
Lyrics: Made ‘em up.
Words: 552... is that okay?
Template: By meh.

Face Claim?: Emma Watson

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 2/22/2010, 6:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." Siggy
Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." SiggyStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." Siggy
Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." SiggyStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 1/27/2010, 6:30 pm

COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD

The customer is always right He said. Inside I scoffed, that phrase was NEVER true. The customers usually never know what the heck they’re talking about. I’m guessing some really confused customer made that phrase up once, and condemned us shopworkers to submit to any level of stupidity simply because the customer is always right. In this case, though, it was used as more of a joke, which wasn’t that bad. He was being humble, which was nice, so I only let that little rant play inside my head before actually opening my big fat mouth. “Well,” I shrugged a little, letting a faint smile cross my lips. It was more of a mused smile, actually, because no one had ever said that to me directly. Except for Maine and my manager, but I usually never listen to them. Unless it’s something life-threatening, like ‘that car is about to hit you’ or something. But how many times has that happened to me? Well, once, actually, but I’m not going into that; my mind is wandering enough as it is. “In this case, the customer is just being too nice.” I finished my sentence, the smile still on my face. Whoever he was, this guy has a naturally charming air to him. Maybe it was he scratched his neck after making his statement, a way that I’ve always thought cute. Or maybe it how he composed himself and acted like a gentleman, I really liked that. Guys that know how to act with girls are rare and far between, which is why whenever I see one they stick out like a sore thumb.... whatever that means.

After his response to the previous statement I made, I really shouldn’t have offered him something like a free drink. Though, me being me, I found reasons in a blink of an eye, and was then holding his cup out to him. First of all, I thought after that a drink would just even it out, it’s not like I was offering him anything big. Second of all, I wanted to see what he’d react to it. I was betting that he would resist for a second, but then take it to be nice. He did, just like I’d predicted. Score. From knowing him for about five minutes, I had him pretty well figured out. I’ve always been sorta like that- I guess right now isn’t the best of examples, but other times I’ve really nailed it. I can tell things about people really fast, I guess I just know how to notice patterns in the way people act. If you study people really closely, after a while you can sort of tell what they will do by what people usually do in that position, and what kind of person you think they are. Though with him, even though I could pretty much predict what he would do to the drink, something in the way he acted made me unsure about him. Like he wouldn’t fit into any of the little boxes that I usually place people in before figuring out what they would do. Sort of like when you think a puzzle piece will fit, and after you try to jam it in for a second or two, you realize it actually goes somewhere else. Then you try that and discover you’re not sure where it goes at all. Then you get really frustrated.

For the moment when he took his cup, I made the thoughtless decision of letting my head swing around and see the clouds. They were bigger and considerably darker. My eyes widened a little- okay, a lot- and I let a shiver run through my spine.This got me wondering why I still have the morning shift. After what, three years of working here I’m still the one that’s supposed to get up early and endure this frigid morning weather? I though the newbies got that while us senior workers laughed evilly at their pain, much like evil scientists. But I’m not an evil scientist and that’s just in cartoons, I guess. I turned my head back towards him and tried to mask the feelings that just rolled through my mind, listening intently to his next words as I tried to forget the ominous clouds growing behind me. Yikes.

”I’ve got somebody visiting me in a few minutes” He said, which might be a good thing. This situation is just getting more awkward by the minute, though it was fun to be around him. He struck me as one of those people that just made you feel like that. ”Do you wanna sit and talk?” he asked after taking the drink and setting it down behind him. Nope. I guess he did want to talk a little more. Hey, this could be a good thing! Suddenly my excitement dulled down a little; it was really nice of him, but what would we talk about? How many other collisions I’d had today? The weather? No. I will not let it get to that. Talking about the weather is just cheap, it’s the worst small talk possible and I think I would jump out of my skin if we discussed the terror outside further. Well, it isn’t terror, but it sure it close. ”Er... okay, sure.” I replied, motioning to the table behind him as I stood by one of the chairs- one of the ones that wasn’t facing the window-, waiting before he had gotten seated before sitting down myself.

While I waited for him to take a seat, I let my eyes scan my surroundings. The scene hadn't changed much, but something in my head said that something had changed, but I hadn't really noticed it yet. I glanced over towards the couple, careful not to look past them, and saw the same thing as I had earlier. The scrawny teenage boy was still there, typing furiously over his laptop. There was that elderly man sipping his coffee quietly, like something big was on his mind. I wish I knew what he was thinking about, well, then again, I have enough to worry about. My eyes then fell on a girl at the back of the cafe. She looked framilier, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. She was pretty far away, so I couldn't see her that great, but I saw that she had a notebook on the table, drawing I think. I felt sort of happy inside, seeing another artist. Or at least, a aspiring one.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

notes: welcome to the crew, amanda. :D
    word count: not sure.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/10/2010, 12:46 am

The girl sat down, at least; that was something he hadn't been expecting. He had figured that maybe she would just shake her head and return to work, or ignore him, though he didn't think she was the kind of person that would do that. From what he had seen of her so far, she seemed nice enough- a bit shy, and posssibly awkward, however. Even so, that never bothered him. He, himself, could be quiet and times, and surely got caught in uncomfortable situations on numerous occasions, so this was nothing new to him.

He turned towards the table, slipping into one of the chairs and glancing at the barista as he did so. He almost felt guilty, having a girlfriend already and all, but he knew that this was merely a friendly conversation. Heck, it was more like a Hey-I-Kind-Of-Just-Ran-Into-You-So-To-Save-Us-From-An-Awkward-Situation-Let's-Sit-Down-And-Talk moment. That didn't happen very often, though- it was rare. He tried to save himself from these situations as best he could. He wasn't perfect and sometimes they found a gap to slip in through. Apparently, now was one of those times.

Matt tapped his fingers on the table, staying silent for a moment. This may have been even more awkward than when they were standing up. "So... tell me, what's your name?" he asked her after a few seconds had passed, though the time when he was waiting for her to answer felt like forever. To help him maintain a healthy level of sanity and keep the conversation going, he eventually added, "I'm Matthew. Just call me Matt, please."

H[/size]e glanced around the Starbucks shop, his eyes stopping at the two double doors at the entrance. There she was, his girlfriend. Finally. As she reached them, he sighed with relief, shifting his gaze back to the other girl. "This is Francesca," he introduced, gently putting an arm around her as he said that. "And Francesca, this is..." he trailed off, biting his lip. He didn't know her name yet, how was he supposed to introduce her?

out of character ? So, so, so sorry for the horrible long wait. But I'm able to roleplay again! 8D
player by ? Landon Liboiron
words ? Yikes. Don't know, and don't feel like figuring out. xD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/10/2010, 9:15 pm

JUSTABYSTANDERWATCHINGYOU

MEANT TO BE
MEANT TO BE
But was it
MEANT TO BE

“Hello.” Francesca glances back down at the picture of the rain, gently erasing something and retracing it. She smiles as Matt’s arm comes around her, settling gently into the warmth of his skin. Blinking once, and reaching into her bag, she never breaks eye contact with the employee whose name she does not know as she searches for something. Francesca pulls out a small black box and opens it, finding a few left-over pieces of charcoal. She reaches back into her bag, grabbing a piece of lined paper and writing ‘Charcoal’ with her now-dulled pencil. The piece of paper is folded thrice and gently slipped into a pocket of her bag, and she still has not taken her eyes off the worker.

As the piece of charcoal shades in the shadows, making them darker, richer, more lifelike, her eyes shift to the page, drawing endless lines of black that only an artist can understand. Rain, windows, trees, pavement… though colorless, the picture is not meaningless. It captures the scene outside perfectly.

The piece of paper disappears as she flips to the next page, looking back out the window. Absentmindly, the pencil flies over the page, drawing incoherent lines and letters, shapes and designs. She smiles slightly, crossing her legs and looking down. Her eyes sparkle, pleased with the impromptu drawing. She lies the sketchpad in the middle of the table wordlessly, the current drawing facing upward. “I worked on a few more.” She says to Matt, looking into his eyes. “I still have to do one of you.”

She drums her fingers on the table, pushing the flyaway curls away from her sparkling blue eyes. A smile plays at the corners of her lips as she glances back at the sketchpad, thinking of new ideas. Gently, she lifts the cup of coffee to her mouth, taking a dainty sip and placing it back down, not spilling any. She learned this from her native country of England, but the thought brought stray tears to the once-happy blue eyes. Her parents had died when she was younger, so she had been sent to America, but kept the accent. Francesca shifted uncomfortably in her seat, suddenly cold and mad at herself for even bringing it up in her mind. She lets her head rest on Matt’s shoulder, fighting the tears that are itching to get out.

???
???
You smile as well,
???
And I question us
???
No more.

Notes: I think her brother should come in or something… anyone wanna claim to play him?
Lyrics: Made ‘em up.
Words: 393… Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." Icon_razz
Template: By meh.

Face Claim?: Emma Watson
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/11/2010, 6:18 pm

OOC // I know it's not my turn to post, but just to comment on your note at the bottom there, Amanda, we could always get someone else to play her brother. nod
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/11/2010, 8:15 pm

OOC: That's a good point. Just wondering if either of y'all wanna. Very Happy
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/17/2010, 7:40 pm

ooc - Forrey, you should post. :3 This roleplay is going far too slow. xD
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/17/2010, 7:53 pm

OOC: She's gonna soon. I got a PM from her saying she needed one thing from me, which I sent, so... ya. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/18/2010, 10:54 pm

ooc: Don't worry, I haven't died or anything. xD I almost have my post done, 'cuz I sorta kinda forgot about this. Heh.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/18/2010, 11:16 pm

OOC: GYAH! I saw that you had psoted and I'm like "YES! New part!" and then there wasn't one. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/19/2010, 8:17 am

ooc - Same here. xD I was ready to type up a new post, and then I'm like, -sigh-, she didn't post. Razz
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/19/2010, 9:13 am

COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD

My name... My name.. What is it? Snap. I forgot again.
“Oh, er, uh...” My eyes raced across the room, while his desire to be 10 yards near me is most likely dropping like an anvil. I’m not even sure why I did that, unless someone has wrote my name on the ceiling just for the sake of me falling into this particular situation. “Jovi.” I stammered as the word entered my mind again, my eyes blinking like hummingbird wings as I remembered what I had been called for my whole life. It’s funny how in one instant you can forget something so important, so relevant, so obvious, just like that. Now, with me being me, this happens all the time. Though I still marvel at the fact that I am so distant and absent minded that at certain points of my life my IQ has dropped into single digits. This has caused loads of humiliation rights in my past. Though, I’ve learned to just go with it and accept who I am. That weird dreamy artist girl that’s always crashing into someone.

So his name is Matthew, okay, cool. It’s a nice name, it’s easy to remember, shorten-able, proper, and it fits him very well. Though I guess everyone’s name fits them well, because you kind of grow into it. It’s what you’re stuck with forever so you might as well, unless you feel like betraying it and picking your own. As odd as mine is, I’ve always liked it fairly well. It’s different and quirky, kind of like me. I guess it fits a girl that would ramble on to herself about names for half a minute... and then scold herself for doing so. Oi vey. Anyways, back to reality; “Oh, cool, Matt,” I replied while smiling lightly. I was starting to feel really pretty happy with the situation, even though he was probably dying inside of the awkwardness. But I’m used to it, so it’s okay for me.

Then, just like clockwork, someone started walking over to the table. It was the girl I had see just a second ago, and now I could tell she was who Matt was going to meet. With the way he let his breathe out, I could tell he had thought the conversation was awkward, and felt my cheeks blushing the lightest shade of pink. At first I thought it was just a friend, and they were getting together to chat over some coffee. Then as he introduced her I could tell they were more than friends. Or no, wait, maybe it was the way he put his arm around her waist clearly sending a message to the world saying ‘this is my girlfriend. this is my girlfriend. repeat, this is my girlfriend’. Or something like that.

“...Jovi...” I reminded him as he forgot my name, still keeping half of that smile on my face, so now it looks more like a forced smile probably. Well, I guess it sort of is. She was pretty, with slightly wavy dirty blonde- more brown- hair, blue(?) eyes. As soon as she got over to our table, she whipped out some paper and.. charcoal, and started to draw. My hands immediately started to itch for real art supplies as she quickly sketched the scenery outside. It was a good drawing, but not my taste. "Nice drawing," I commented weakly, looking at her art and then to Matts' cup, which was covered in little doodles from earlier. Suddenly I feel like a 5 year old at a rocket-science convention. I blushed.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

post status: I'm done. GOSH.
    notes: This works for everything, right? I hope I didn't confuzzle it all up. o.o
    word count:
    credit: Template, lyrics, content, everything by yours truely. Steal, and I will rip out your throat whilst laughing maniacally in the style of an evil scientist. Thanks.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/22/2010, 5:58 pm

Well. This certainly was going well. With an uneasy smile, Matt nodded his head as the barista spoke. So her name was Jovi? Odd name. He turned to Francesca, raising his eyebrows. "Well, yeah, I guess her name is Jovi," he told her, almost considering holding the words back, since it might be rude to talk about her while they were right in front of her, but he decided aganst it, thinking it was only a small matter. After all, that's all that it was.

Matt followed Jovi's gaze to the cup that was sitting on the table infront of him. He looked down at it, turning it around once or twice and finally noticing the designs on it. "Did you do this, Jovi?" he asked her, tilting his head to the side. The doodles were... interesting, to say the least. He set the cup back down on the table, glancing at Francesca for a moment before speaking again.

He took another deep breath, holding it for a second or two. "So, I guess you both are into art," he commented as he exhaled. He let a smirk play on his lips, adding, "Extremely different styles, though, I see." He let out a slight chuckle, shrugging.

out of character ? And she posts!
play by ? Landon Liboiron
words ? I should just take out this section.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/22/2010, 6:51 pm

JU
ST</STRONG>
ABYSTANDERWATCHING[size=18]YOU[/size]</FONT></FONT>

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." 2hi31w4

MEANT TO BE
MEANT TO BE
But was it
MEANT TO BE
</FONT></FONT>

"Hello, Jovi." Fransesca says shyly as she draws a scene from her mind. The idyllic waterfall- smooth waves of water rush over equally smooth rocks, yet sharper than glass at the edges. Behind the waterfall is a small cave, one that, if one wished, they would be able to stay in. This scene is made complete as she draws the small, babbling brook on the path behind the waterfall, the misty tears from a few minutes ago gone.

She draws the small pool at the bottom of the scene, filled with sea life of many types- fish, seaweed, algae, even a few eels darting here and there. The rocks around the pool, however, are sharp and quick, and one might wonder why such a calm and gentle spirit was drawing such dangerous looking things.

And Fransesca would not tell them, for she did not know herself. "Oh, no, not at all." She argues with Matt, looking up. "I've just been in a scenery mood for a few weeks." She starts drawing sharper and sharper rocks, the pencil nearly breaking as it is whipped across the page to draw a rather large island. This is calmer, quieter, and you can just barely see the shadows of two people walking hand in hand on the island.

A small sigh as she flips the page and starts drawing a typical English scene- a dining room at tea time. Circular tables with white tablecloths, small, delicate teacups, perfect white chairs- you can see her hometown demonstrated perfectly in this one picture.

???

???
You smile as well,
???
And I question us
???
No more.</FONT></FONT>

Notes: I reply fast. XD And.... like the animation?
Lyrics: Made 'em up.
Words: No idea.
Template: Meh.

Face Claim?: Emma Watson </I></I></FONT></SPAN>
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/22/2010, 6:55 pm

[Sorry guys! The formatting died. Razz]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/22/2010, 6:59 pm

ooc - Your picture moves. That's epic. :3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/22/2010, 7:11 pm

[Ya. But the formatting died. xD]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/22/2010, 10:24 pm

ooc: i'm freaking you out thinking that I've posted.
xDD
I just had to say that yes, the picture is epic even though the formatting died. nod
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next