The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please."

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please."

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/22/2010, 11:11 pm

OOC: I'll make my next one cooler, and hopefully the formatting won't die. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Siggy
Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 SiggyStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Siggy
Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 SiggyStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please."

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/23/2010, 3:07 pm

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 De7axtStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 9zmzgmStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 2dv6frbStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 286sjfp
COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD
ignore all the lines, i don't care if our brushes intwine

jovi marjorie annjeliet eversong
..........................................................................................................................................................

I managed to keep half the smile still on my face as he made that comment about me. Yes, I guess my name is Jovi. Thank you for clearing that up for all of us, guy whose name I guess is Matt. Okay, I'm getting worked up over nothing I guess. I've got to calm down, but how can I? In front of me is mister gorgeous and his perfect girlfriend(who likes to show off her fantastic talent), to my right is a wall, to my left is a few random people, while behind me is the scene outside... and those clouds. To be truthful, the most peaceful direction would have to be to the wall on my right. Nothing calms me down like a brown wall. Or... I know! Maybe if I turn around really quick, I could faint and everyone would leave! Oh yeah, that would work like a charm.

Matt caught my gaze, looking down at the cup. He saw me looking at it? How de he detect that so quickly? Well, duh, who wouldn't with my owl eyes? He then picked up the cup I'd doodled on and looked around it, examining the little birds, squiggles, quotes, and everything else under the sun I had scrawled on to it. "Did you do this, Jovi?" he asked and then inclined his head slightly to the side, like the way dogs do when they know that you're frustrated with them and they know their cute-ness will get them out of it. Just, he's not a dog. I nodded and shrugged lightly. "I was bored," I explained, looking down at the table then up at them.

We all sat there for a moment or two, not saying anything. I put my right hand around the bangles on my left one and turned them right and left, as a bit of a habit of mine. They jingled lightly, almost blending in with the background music before he finally broke the silence. "So, I guess you both are into art," He said. "Well, sort of.." I managed to get the words out before he spoke again. "Extremely different styles, though, I see." He ended his sentence with a small smirk, which usually irritates me, but in this instance, it was okay. Though, his statement was fairly off. The coffee cups aren't the only type of art I like; I'm plenty into dreary, serious pieces... when I feel it. Sometimes I like to paint what I'm feeling, and other times I like an escape from what I'm feeling. Today is a good example of the latter.

All this time, Francesca didn't say much. She said hi to me, and made a comment about being into more of a 'scenery' mood for her art, and just kept drawing. Little did she know, the 'artsy' part of me- which makes up most of my being- was slowly dying with every mark she made on the paper. It's like devouring an all you can eat buffet in front of a starving man. In this instance, it's just rude.

..........................................................................................................................................................

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

post status: DONE.
    notes: I POSTED QUICKISH. yay! la coo coo ratcha! la coo coo ratcha! da na na na na an na.
    lyrics: mine.
    outfit: Moccasins, denim skirt, white v-neck, bronze bangles, and floral leggings.
    word count: ...meep...
    credit: Template, lyrics, content, everything by yours truely. Steal, and I will rip out your throat whilst laughing maniacally in the style of an evil scientist. Thanks.
    face claim: alexis bledel.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/23/2010, 4:58 pm

ooc: oh, and I wanted to show ya this.
Spoiler:
yep. i too, scribble on coffee cups. xD i actually use them to decorate. I am contemplating turning them into lanterns, but they might catch fire. o.o
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/23/2010, 7:52 pm

BLACK HOLES & REVELATIONS
[ our hopes & expectations ]

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 V789ra

this ship is taking me far away from the memories of the people who care if i live or die
I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S WORTH IT ANYMORE
you electrify my life - let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive

>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>

Matt smiled as Francesca spoke about her art. He watched her work, impressed by the way she so smoothly drew lines across the page and how they turned into such a beautiful picture in the end. He leaned over it, getting a better look. "As always, Francesca, that's lovely," he commented, shifting his gaze to her face. He waited for a response, his eyes eventually traveling over to Jovi as she spoke. He took one last sip of his latte and then replied with a simple, "Oh. That's cool." He shrugged, turning back to Francesca.

The sound of the Office theme song startled him. For a moment, he was confused, but after just a second he remembered it was his new ringtone, and reached into his bag to grab his black motorola phone. With a sigh, he glanced at the screen, running a hand through his hair. "Danny Hathaway calling ANSWER IGNORE" it said. He clicked the green button, bringing the phone up to his ear. "Hey," he greeted his brother, and then said, "Hold on a sec." He turned to the two girls, and spoke. "I'll be outside while I take this call."

He focused back on the phone, getting up quickly and making his way towards the door of the store. He listened to what his brother was saying, though the whole time, the conversation his mind was really on was Francesca and Jovi's, if they were even talking. He hoped they were; he wanted them to get along.

if we live our life in fear, i'll wait a thousand years just to see you smile again
KILL THE PRAYERS FOR LOVE & PEACE
love is our resistance, we can't pretend - they won't stop breaking us down

out of character ?I've got nothing to say.
play by ? Landon Liboiron
lyrics ? Starlight and Resistance, both by Muse.
credit ? Template by me... don't steal.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/23/2010, 8:39 pm

[Oh, coffee cups. Very Happy]

[I shall reply soon, and hopefully the formatting won't die again. XD]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/23/2010, 9:55 pm

ooc: you guys are too fast. xD
gracias. Very Happy
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/23/2010, 9:58 pm

ooc - Or you're just too slow, Forrey. Jk.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/23/2010, 10:03 pm

ooc: Like a turtle... glub glub. snap snap. :>
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 2/25/2010, 9:40 am

ooc: NOW WHO IS TOO SLOW, SENORITA?!
xD
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/26/2010, 7:18 pm

JUSTABYSTANDERWATCHINGYOU

~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§

Sitting here… Staring at you…
MEANT TO BE
You’re sitting there… Staring at me…
MEANT TO BE
But was it
MEANT TO BE

Francesca Elizabeth Hathaway~ 25~ Silent And Sweet
Likes: Art, writing, romance novels, reading, quiet time, thinking.
Dislikes: Sports, yelling, people gawking, snotty girls, fashion freaks

“Thank you.” Francesca smiled a little bit, turning his way and gazing into his eyes. A few minutes later, realizing what she was doing, she quickly turned back to her paper, a light blush fading into her pale cheeks.

She glanced at the cup as well, her smile turning up a little more. It was an interesting idea, drawing on coffee cups. Perhaps something she would try later, if Jovi- was that her name?- would allow it. She traced something on the paper, frowning slightly and erasing it.

“Alright.” Francesca looked up at Matt. She turned towards Jovi. “That’s really good.” She said shyly, motioning to the cup. And it was. Francesca only drew simple, straight things- she branched out, drew colorful, creative, funky scenes.

A small smile lights up my lips
???
As you slowly walk forward.
???
You smile as well,
???
And I question us
???
No more.

Notes: I have now posted. Very Happy
Lyrics: Made ‘em up.
Words: No idea.
Template: Mine. Smile

Face Claim?: Emma Watson
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/2/2010, 9:16 pm

[FORREH!!!!]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/2/2010, 9:16 pm

ooc - Yeah, Forrey, you there?
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/3/2010, 11:38 am

Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 De7axtStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 9zmzgmStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 2dv6frbStarbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 286sjfp
COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD

I looked up as his phone went off. The Office? I would've never expected a person like him to watch that. But, then again, this day had been full of surprises so far. And it's just barely noon. I guess things like this just happen sometimes. You're going on with your boring doo da doo life and then God thinks he should give you a little unexpected surprise. It sure does spice things up, now and then.

'I'll be outside while I take this call' He said, standing up. Wait, no, he's leaving us? Right here? Really? Oh great. "Oh, uh, okay.." I responded, just then realizing how may 'oh's and 'uh's I use in normal conversations. Maybe I should take a speech class or something. Psh, like I could afford that. Right now art is barely affordable. I should tkae up a second job. The idea appalls me, but I could use some extra cash. Either way, I'll think about that later. This isn't quite the best situation to look over my financial needs.

I turned my head around slightly, watching him walk out of view as much as I could without looking out the window. I then turned back to Francesca. I was about to open my mouth to say something, when she beat me to it. 'That’s really good.' She said, motioning to my cup. I was sort of startled, okay, maybe she was just genuinely nice. I've just seen too many chick flicks. Now, this time, I won’t use ‘uh’ or ‘um’. ”Wow, thanks,” I replied, then trying to think of something to say to her. ”That one drawing you just made a second ago, that was really pretty,” Eh, not absolutely how I wanted it to come out, but it’ll do.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

post status: DONEEEEEE.
    notes: *quotes squints from 'the sandlot'* I've had a lotta 'tings on my mind. *pushes up glasses*
    outfit: Moccasins, denim skirt, white v-neck, bronze bangles, and floral leggings.
    word count: 294. Bleh. STOP PREASSURING ME. xD
    credit: Template, lyrics, content, everything by yours truely. Steal, and I will rip out your throat. Thanks.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/8/2010, 6:16 pm

ooc - Oh my goodness, guys, I'm really sorry. I didn't realize Forrey had posted. Dx
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/8/2010, 6:22 pm

OOC- GYAH! I thought you had posted your bit! Grrr. XD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/9/2010, 9:50 am

ooc: GYAH! I thought that you both had posted! This'll drive me mad, I telleth you. O.o
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/10/2010, 12:29 am

this ship is taking me far away from the memories of the people who care if i live or die
you electrify my life - let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive

Matt tapped his foot on the pavement, impatiently waiting for his brother to just shut up about his dog, his new girlfriend, and all the other things that he didn't really give a dang about. "Danny, I really don't want to hear about how your dog just went all over your carpet..." he muttered, rolling his eyes. He would have thought that after all these years, his little brother would grow a bit less annoying, but he could only wish. He knew it would never happen.

With a sigh, Matt bit his lip, waiting for Danny to finish. "No, I don't care about your girlfriend, are you done now?" he asked in a hurried tone. His brother often did this, just call in the middle of a business meeting, a class, something like that, and just to talk about pointless stuff. Actually, Danny did most of the talking. "I'm having coffee with Francesca right now. Bye." Finally, he took the liberty of simply hanging up the phone himself, deciding that he didn't really care to know about what his brother's girlfriend was wearing to their prom.

Relieved, he walked back in through the two double doors and ran a hand through his hair. Slipping his phone into his pocket, he folded his arms across his chest, watching from a distance as Jovi and Francesca talked with each other. He was curious to know what they were saying, and as he approached the table, he figured he would ask them.

if we live our life in fear, i'll wait a thousand years just to see you smile again

out of character ?There we go. My apologies for the wait. <3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/14/2010, 8:34 pm

ooc: .....amanda?
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/14/2010, 9:23 pm

~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 2hi31w4

MEANT TO BE
MEANT TO BE
But was it
MEANT TO BE

She shrugged, blushing slightly and drumming her fingers on the table. "Thanks..." She muttered, absentmindly sketching something on her pad of paper. She was wondering where Matt was talking about, and feeling a little off. Not crazy or anything, just... off.

A light melody plays through the store, and Francesca reaches into her bag, immediatly turning her phone off and ignoring the new text message that just popped up. That could wait until later. She drummed her fingers again, feeling feverish.

???
???
You smile as well,
???
And I question us
???
No more.

Notes: I have now posted. Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Template: Mine. Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Icon_smile

Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/15/2010, 9:56 am

COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD

"Thanks..." she replied to me, looking rather bashful. Right now you've probably figured out that I am not the master of small talk- or talk at all, really- do something to reply with didn't exactly come to me in a vision. She began drumming her fingers on the table and sketching something again. That left me to glance around the room and count ceiling tiles. One... two... three... four... Okay, that's boring. I really wish Matt would come back, he seems to be the best at breaking the ice of all of us here.

I turned around in my chair, trying to spot him outside (This is a very courageous act for me, mind you, because to do so I had to look at the sky in the distance.) but I couldn't find him. I then looked around inside, but I didn't really see him. I then positioned myself sitting forward again, and by force of habit, began twisting the bangles around my wrist. "I wonder what's taking him so long.." I muttered to myself, rethinking the idea of counting ceiling tiles.

So, I'm sort of impatient. So what? I watching something on TV once about the secret service, and it said that impatient people have better reflexes. Who knows, I might be able to protect the president one day because of my frisky nature. Then everyone would be jealous... right? I turned my head around again, this time a little bit less drastically, and looked around near the doors again. It took me a second of squinting to find him, walking towards us.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

post status: FINETE.
    notes: was i quicker than usual? i thinks so. *nod*
    word count:
    credit: Template, lyrics, content, everything by yours truely. Steal, and I will rip out your throat. Thanks.
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/19/2010, 11:51 pm

Matt strolled towards the table that the two girls were sitting at. He shivered, even though it was warmer in here than it was outside. Weather could be stupid sometimes. He reached the table, but didn't sit down just yet, instead putting his hands on the cold metal and glancing at Francesca and then at Jovi. "I'm back," he greeted them with a nod. "Though I guess that's kind of obvious. Anything interesting happen when I was gone?"

if we live our life in fear, i'll wait a thousand years just to see you smile again[/size]

out of character ?Meh. I didn't know I was supposed to post.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/20/2010, 9:03 am

~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 2hi31w4

MEANT TO BE
MEANT TO BE
But was it
MEANT TO BE

"No." Fransesca whispered, taking another sip from her cup. She brushed some hair from her eyes, then pulled the pad of paper from her bag, drawing the cup in front of her with quick precision. It looked so much like the original- everything was spot-on perfect. When she was done, she signed Francesca Hathaway with a florish and handed the paper to Jovi. "You can have this, if you want."

???
???
You smile as well,
???
And I question us
???
No more.

Notes: I have now posted. Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Template: Mine. Starbucks, Sharpies, and - "Oh, decaf, please." - Page 2 Icon_smile

Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/22/2010, 4:25 pm

COLOR [ M Y ] WORLD

Matt kept walking towards us until he reached the table. He asked if anything had happened, and I quickly replied "Not really," in sync with Francesca, which was a bit odd. "Who were you talking too?" I asked, which might've been a little stalker-ish, but I wanted to start some conversation before there was a chance for an awkward silence to sneak in.

Francesca, then, right on que, brought out some art supplies and started to draw. I watched from my side of the table as a coffee cup took form on her sketch book. She then turned it around and held it out to me. "You can have this, if you want," she said. What? Huh? Offer another artist one of your pieces? Now I'm offended again. "Oh, uh, thanks, I replied, contrary to what I was feeling inside as I took the paper, a small smile on my lips for a second or two before it faded.

IT'S EASY TO SEE.
it's drawn on your face.
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS
that i can't replace.

post status: Done.
    notes: <- That, my children, is a colon.
    word count:
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/25/2010, 6:42 pm

He smiled to himself as Francesca offered the girl the paper. He looked up at Jovi as she asked him the question. "Who were you talking to?" she had questioned him. He almost forgot for a second - that was how meaningless the conversation had been - but easily remembered. "My brother, Danny," he responded with a slow nod, turning to Francesca. "I introduced you to him, right?" He asked her as he slid into the seat beside her, once again wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

if we live our life in fear, i'll wait a thousand years just to see you smile again[/size]

out of character ? Knock knock.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/25/2010, 10:12 pm

MEANT TO BE
MEANT TO BE
But was it
MEANT TO BE

She nods, leaning her head back ever so slightly to rest on his shoulder. Her eyes close for a half a second as she enjoys a moment of pure bliss, but then she is snapped back to reality immediatly when she hears a ringing sound. Her eyes flickering open, she sees a flashing silver light and water rushing down around them. "Fire!" Someone yells from behind them. Fransesca's jaw dropped audibly as she immediatly grabbed her bag and Matt's hand, biting her lip nervously.

???
???
You smile as well,
???
And I question us
???
No more.

Notes: Uhm... I decided to make it action-y, if ya don't mind. xD

Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next