The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the goblin showed up

5 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Empty Re: the goblin showed up

Post by fleamailman 5/10/2010, 2:26 am

repost from elsewhere

Yeah, I'm half-hoping for them to deadlock, just to see what happens.

"...nah, it's best not to hold great hopes towards british politics now..." advised the goblin, continuing "...you see, in the states, it's more dynamic and decisive, like "shoot first and ask questions later", whereas in iran it's just "shoot and don't ask questions" but in britain it's "keep asking questions, row over this that and the next thing, tea and fruitcake anyone, more questions then, oh, and how is aunt meg's lumbago"..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 DSCF0582
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/10/2010, 7:00 pm

repost from elsewhere

why don't you post elsewhere on this forum goblin

"...very simply, I never tag a thread for the thread's sake, or for the site's sake, each post has to be worth my posting to me now..." replied the goblin in all honesty here, adding "...have you any idea, what it's like to be on fifty "last post" threads then, can you imagine even, the number of notifications, ranging form praise to outright hostility, both form creative writing on writer's forums, to dark stuff on goth forums, on to supporting courageous lupusbots on their forum too, etc., etc., and all of them asking me that same question then, where I have to then apologize to each in turn, that there isn't enough me to go round now...", in fact, the goblin only did about one post a day but that post then had to be reposted fifty times over, before it even came close to finished in his view, concluding "...the more you put into a post the more that will come out of it, so where is the muse in just tagging threads..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Thesummoningofthemuse

Fancy that, this is just the question I've been meaning to ask you myself. :3 I definitely see what you mean - I can't imagine how time-consuming it would be to make all those posts. o.0
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

the goblin showed up - Page 5 1312the goblin showed up - Page 5 2412the goblin showed up - Page 5 3349the goblin showed up - Page 5 3548the goblin showed up - Page 5 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/11/2010, 5:44 am

("...actually no, since one doesn't have to write them out each time, reposting is fairly quick, but one still has to think of the forum/venue, and read through it each time, dare I say self-publishing then..." replied the goblin now)

repost from elsewhere

"...you write well xxxxx..." said the goblin, wishing to part some ideas then, continuing "...first off, there are no rules to "live writing" as such, that is for example whether one wishes to place the picture above or below the text even if there is a subtle difference between the two I believe, or again whether one wishes to state that the work is a repost from elsewhere, though admittedly that stops any forum claiming it as their own, where obviously a "live writer" needs to repost over many forums if only to air/edit/backup the work into its final version, oh and then again ones grammar, writing in third person, being anonymous, uniform persona across forums, dumping the signature, choice of which forum/venues, etc., are all up to the "live writer" here, for simply the thread is a stage, where members come and go to it, and where they might start "live writing" or stop too, for their own reasons, so ignore that as just another distraction here, because one has to be really really selfish here, since one is posting "of oneself for oneself to know self" but isn't that what is meant by "a journey to self" then..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Automatickafka
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/11/2010, 10:00 am

Fleamailman, You refer often in your posts to forumland -- where double posting is considered bad forum etiquette. Please do not respond to this by adding another previously written post.

"...ah but everywhere is forumland now, that's why I asked if you minded my posting here, but this thread is the only one that I repost exact to, because this is a "last post" thread, much in the spirit of the other live writer's random threads, where they post exacts of their works, like you have done too here..." but perhaps admin meant that the goblin mustn't directly reply to someones post with a repost, to which the goblin promised, on whatever goblin's hold dearly to that is, that he would never do so, nor had ever done so, because he fed the slot with what was fed to him, saying "...direct replies are in brackets when I haven't found the picture yet, though where I am lucky enough to have a matching picture in mind, I post the reply complete with the picture then, but either way I always save before hitting the post button, so every post, even something first written into the slot of your forum here, is backed up elsewhere prior to its posting now, all is mirrored..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Agent_smith
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/11/2010, 4:20 pm

fleamailman: ("...actually no, since one doesn't have to write them out each time, reposting is fairly quick, but one still has to think of the forum/venue, and read through it each time, dare I say self-publishing then..." replied the goblin now)

Ahh, I see. Even the reading would be rather time-consuming, though, right? Do you ever get tired of reading your posts fifty times over? (Simple curiosity. ^^)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

the goblin showed up - Page 5 1312the goblin showed up - Page 5 2412the goblin showed up - Page 5 3349the goblin showed up - Page 5 3548the goblin showed up - Page 5 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/11/2010, 5:15 pm

("...I don't trust myself, so where I feel that it is finished I don't need to actually read it but I still do at times in order to be sure, but remember "edit" is only one part of air/edit/backup, for what one is really doing is feeding..." mentioned the goblin knowing that shadowowner88 would not have asked that if the goblin hadn't posted, repeating "...often posts are born of posts are they not...")

repost from elsewhere

Goblin.. please excuse my absence... I need someone to rub my neck and shoulders. But that's a BIG problem. I now live alone and my hands can't rub it for me where I need it. It hurts to type today..... But I can READ!

"...nothing changes xxxxx, I'm still here to steel you courage and feed you as before, and please don't think that you have to even say anything now, except that when you do post, that moment you'll see that I am listening, oh and how I am listening too, simply where else on the whole of forumland am I actually going to get a post from a lupusbot, and what could possibly equate to one I wonder...", in fact, to someone anonymous, there was no fame nor fortune, there was only this journey together where the goblin would make the running now, saying "...silly you, you'll never get rid of me now, on with our show then, but between us I am not the hero here..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 C95f
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/13/2010, 5:58 am

repost from elsewhere

"...how smart you are to have guessed it then..." mentioned the goblin who simply explained, saying "...posters post, writers write, but live writers cheat, they feed feed feed...", somehow the goblin remembered the story where heaven is supposed to have spoons that so long to feed oneself with, whereas in heaven those same spoons were used to feed others with, saying "...well, you feed me, I feed the slot, all spoon feeding I suppose..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Mother_child
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/17/2010, 4:56 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "how did you find this forum" thread

the goblin here, had to confess that he had landed here from elsewhere, saying "...well, I can't for the life of me understand it then, I mean I set the coordinates for "intellectually awe inspiring writer's forum for old farts please" and just landed here instead, oh well mishaps do happen I suppose..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Tardis
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/23/2010, 4:38 am

repost from elsewhere

Consider a tale of three people. A boy and his two friends. One of his friends lies about the other. Which option does he take; be loyal to the first and say nothing, be loyal to the second and warn him, or let it pass without taking a side?

"...ah now, dailylife is too complicated to make any clear cut decisions outside the individual context here, it's always case by case then..." replied the goblin, somewhat reminded of machiavelli's line "the fox is eaten by the wolves, where the lion falls into traps", obviously one doesn't want to look unscrupulous on the one hand, nor gullible on the other, adding "...perhaps the prince's word, as machiavelli put it, must seem to be trustworthy but not stupidly so, it must be a word that earns him respect...", and then the goblin turned to one other point within the case, saying "...if you point out something, then others will see that you know, where their next deception might become harder to discern, where rarely will people, society, or our dear media ever stop trying to deceive one, so one has to think carefully before letting on that one can actually see the truth of the matter here..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 BushSalute
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/23/2010, 4:39 am

repost from elsewhere, a livewriter's meet up

"Tell me, dearest goblin, what are you truly under your mask of lively-hood?"

"...ah, now that's why I like this realm of livewriting..." replied the goblin seeing xxxxx's post again, adding "...where one reads to feed, and is uplifted by it...", in fact the goblin could surf hundreds of forums now, but those who actually wrote in their posts were so few in number that they seemed gems to come across, adding "...so perhaps in answer then, I am reflected by my posts here, where new-posts are the lifeblood of a forum perhaps, but if that is so, then I borrow the words of horace Quae caret ora cruore nostro?, meaning for what coast does not know of our blood then, for yet together we will conquer this forumland and our blood will flow across its threads..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Sad
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/23/2010, 4:19 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you thinking" thread

the goblin was thinking that, since nothing could be proved here, that within reason, one could be anything ones likes on this internet, saying "...true, that is unless one actually allows mudusa to stare directly at one by divulging those personal details to her, for if one ever does that, she simply turns one to stone...", the goblin's reason for being anonymous then, ah but she was growing more tenacious of late

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Goldenbraids
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/23/2010, 4:20 pm

repost from elsewhere, someone supporting the goblin against someone else, odd because the goblin was anonymous but appreciated it anyway

the goblin thanked the poster for his supportive comment, adding "...no, she's OK, I imagine she's just playing devil's advocate with me each time..." ventured the goblin in a conciliatory tone here

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Obama11
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/26/2010, 5:34 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was wondering if hedes hadn't somehow released the cerberus from its underworld, and if this really was what the goblin was facing now, and which one, if any, of those three ferocious heads would actually devour him too, oh yes, he recognised them alright, there was the european malaise with its insatiable hunger now, the american default with its insurmountable debt, and lastly, the one the goblin feared the most here, the onward awakening of the tectonic plates, "...now the jaws of either one of these heads alone would have been alarming enough, but all three together now, I am beyond alarm..." mentioned the goblin, but the cerberus was in no rush, it seems to be biding its time as if savoring its prey once more, where the goblin for his part just read into its contours its majesty again, saying "...at least I saw you coming beast, you'll give me credit for that then, I was fooled by the media here..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqovlRhIxIE&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ8Tp0XAeI8

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Cerberus_by_victoria_poloniae
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/26/2010, 5:36 pm

repost from elsewhere,

Is traditional publishing dead?

"...various reasons do seem obvious though..." replied the goblin now, continuing "...first, put yourself in the shoes of the reader here, given the choice between reading a book or meeting the author on line, given the choice of paying for the book or reading something free here, given the choice between just being stuck only reading the book or being able to shoot comments and question back directly..." the goblin paused, sipped his morning coffee once more, and then continued "...now put yourself in the author's shoes, given the choice between a declining physical book market or a growing internet one, given the choice between the constraints of the publishing world or the freedom of this internet, given the choice between not knowing ones true readership or simply looking a ones hitcount, the choice between a slowly declining book writing model against an ever growing livewriting one....", in fact, the goblin had no published books, wrote badly, and was dyslexic to boot, but he had one thing going for him, simply that whereas most writers kept their best stuff for their blogs and books, he actually wrote in the posts themselves, no wonder his hitcount was what it was then

the goblin showed up - Page 5 23924bd1
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/31/2010, 8:58 am

"...how the gods punish us with what we want..." lamented the goblin who, having closed the lid, had simply placed the laptop on the bathroom toilet, attaching the plug into the shaving socket to be safe, setting the ripped flv stream to play "the clash of the titans", whereupon, undressing, he slowly enters into the hot awaiting bath, thinking heaven held no secrets now as both the film and pleasurable hot water worked to sensuous effect on the then happy goblin, till he then explained "...well I was happy at that point, only I had forgotten one minor detail here, that is, that water, for all intents and purposes, if actually wet...", an hour later a waterlogged goblin is sitting on the cold bathroom floor waiting for the film to end, where not doubt the gods were looking down laughing their heads off

the goblin showed up - Page 5 129169226206744774
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/31/2010, 9:00 am

repost from elsewhere

"...same boat for us all in fact, only that in some of us it is seems more evident, that's all..." mentioned the goblin again, but the truth remained that no one had any more life than anyone else, adding "...so be selfish now, don't ever post without reason, nor merely for others here, nor for the forum's sake either, no, posts are as steps on a "journey to self" then, where there is no choice, nor regret about it, only forward now, simply however long, there was never enough time to begin with...", in fact, the goblin often wrote on the lupusbot site too, because they just seemed more real to him, so the goblin repeated that line he loved so much "the angel is not there to be nice, she is there to show you to yourself though her reflection"

the goblin showed up - Page 5 3120
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 6/1/2010, 9:00 am

“...listen, why not just stop trying goblin, just let go now, as there's really no one to please here, nor anything to prove either...” came the reasoning voice from the back of the goblin's mind again, continuing “...your trouble goblin, is that you keep thinking that you're the real person on this forum, where simply you're just a anonymous persona, so you compromise each time thinking that it actually makes a blind bit of difference, where deep down you know too, don't you goblin, that in the end, your very last post will only leave off exactly where your first post began, in anonymity here, so a fool tries hard to compete and just fails for his caring, burning with envy at those other competing fools then, not seeing that he is actually alone facing a vast sea of forumland in its many guises ..."

the goblin showed up - Page 5 Jester
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5