The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the goblin showed up

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Empty Re: the goblin showed up

Post by Arianna 3/25/2010, 12:03 pm

MyBB has auto-backups; and I don't see why Forumotion-Twig wouldn't be able to stay up.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

the goblin showed up - Page 4 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/25/2010, 3:28 pm

My site has been suspended. That's right. The whole freaking site.

("...somehow I remember when the auto backups of one of my old sites failed to reproduce the site as it originally was, losing me lots of my posts..." remembered the goblin, adding "...also, if I had only one site, and the site went down, I wonder how exactly am I going to tell those members there that things are only temporally suspended, and not that the site has gone forever...", but the goblin wasn't pushing the matter here, oh no, he was only explaining, to himself mostly, and to anyone who might read this post then, the two concepts of "cross backing up" and "mirroring ones forums" here)

repost from elsewhere

the goblin thought, apologized, and said "...so here is this one constant benchmark of self then, as if that which I post is me then, so each post simply becomes "one small step" on this "journey to self" then, well that is if I so choose to think of it as such...", across the room the television had just recalled the "moon landing" of some 40 years back now, where the goblin simply said looking at it today "...funny how, for all the media hype at the time, that "small step" turned out to have less meaning in my life over these years than this posting does..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Television

Last edited by fleamailman on 3/26/2010, 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 3/25/2010, 3:59 pm

That was an inefficient script. I really appreciate that you'd like to have this done; but you have to understand that you can't exactly mirror a forumotion phpBB and a self-hosted MyBB forum. Nuh-uh.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

the goblin showed up - Page 4 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/26/2010, 2:22 am

(no the goblin wasn't talking of script here, simply he knew of admins who had two forums then, perhaps on two different servers too, that shared both the same content and members, thus in that meaning alone those forums mirrored one another, saying "...often one sees a notice on one forum saying "visit our sister forum" with some link to it...", and goblin then added "...one only has to copy ones own content across, letting other members do likewise if they wish to, and before long one has mirrored the original site with the new one, concluding "...you see, if I had not saved, those posts which I value here elsewhere, I would forever be at the mercy of some variables then, but as it is, my username is well known and my stuff is stored, meaning anyone can find me, and then read my stuff, as it is as simple as googling my username..." )

repost from elsewhere

"...agreement total, in fact, he once said to me that I was a rare gem, and if I replied here that he is a talented writer, just I hope he'd take it for the compliment it is then..." mentioned the goblin, who had read his latest entry but alas agreed with previous poster here that blogs were indeed asking a lot, if not too much, of readers these days, where open threads like these get ones ideas across without much effort as long as the were some acceptable length that is, adding "...anyway, I hope he'll write something here next time, since both his ideas, his fluidity with words, and his astute conclusions, merit more views than some blog will get..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 ZTREE
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/27/2010, 4:25 am

repost from elsewhere

I've been away. Have I missed anything of importance?

"...nothing really I suppose..." replied the goblin now, continuing "...that same old decline of the empire, with america as if resembling something going cheap in some car boot sale now, but with no buyers though, somehow it's seems that the belligerent mismanaged america under bush, resulted in this bankrupt one under obama, true or false then, it's a blame game at this point, with neither side really thinking beyond their own reelection here...", if anything, it just looked like the powers that be had tampered with the dollar in ones pocket so much that any new notes could simply read "in icy dicey we trust", that is where inflationary caused devaluation of currency seemed the sum total of all they could come up with in face to the trillion dollar debt, with the one in ten dollars going to service it today, in fact all else just seemed trivial next to it, yet all else was what they would have one observe in its place here

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Money-Black-Hole-1
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/30/2010, 9:13 am

"...what it's to be ceasar, sand or grain then..." remarked the goblin aloud to himself actually, surprisingly ceasar's voice from the back of the goblin's minds had quickly answered "...oh just get sand goblin, the plebs can survive this famine if they're distracted enough, besides what good is their bread to them without some circus to go with it...", and somehow, on hearing that, nothing seemed changed, rome was still "bread and circus", where sand for the arena took priority over grain for bread, "...so goblin..." ceasar asked back "...think anything has changed since my day then...", "...well not really ceasar, though these days it's called "media coverage" but it's sand sure enough..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Rome
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/30/2010, 9:14 am

repost from elsewhere

You have almost won, but not quite yet." Came the sly voice, the man wearing the bowler billycock hat sitting at a chair, his legs propped on a table as he observed the goblin remember past speeches he had made. His mask of ice remained solid, cold, and unyielding.

When he spoke, the thread, which had been a monotone nearly giving in to the last contestant propped up in a narrow hope of competition. The window was blown ajar by a gust of wintry air, despite the changing of the seasons.

"...ah but I am still winning this unwinnable here..." replied the grateful goblin against the gray morning of his dailylife once more, while outside, down in the street below and beyond, the workings of citylife hinged ever upon some blind acceptance of selling oneself within its perpetuation now, "...ah but my pen alone is mine throughout, where it only jabs at those who would sleep on here, though for those who would post on, it merely parries like a stick in a late summer's dance..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 F4-25
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/30/2010, 9:15 am

repost from elsewhere, the "private property" thread, basically questioning the right to protest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGA9ZUEa3ZY

They had a megaphone and were talking on it, and someone was filming. More commotion going on then just a man holding a sign. And there was a straight answer given they said, "this is privite property and they don't want you here."

Suggestion, why don't you do that and see what happens? Without the camera and the megaphone of course.

"...actually, and rather oddly now..." said the goblin now, continuing "...it was on british property that some folks said "enough of all this taxation without representation here, let's do something about it", and mind you, if they hadn't had the guts to do something and take matters into their own hands, american history would be rather different would it not...", in fact, the goblin could mention umpteen examples of where american liberties have been cleverly curtained in the last ten years, it was as if king george lll was having the last laugh now

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Protest
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/4/2010, 4:45 am

repost from elsewhere

"...ah but can one afford ones own strength indefinitely then..." asked the goblin now, somehow seeing that america's weakness was exactly this then, that is, it's inability to pay for long term commitment aboard, saying "...well, my guess is that every tyrant on this planet now sees the US financial constraints, over any new open ended commitment abroad that is, as something which allows them to act with impunity towards their own subjects...", simply history had shown examples of where some protectorate situation had weakened both the protector, and the protected alike, to the extent that some retraction of empire later occurred, the goblin just concluded "...so the tyrants are sitting pretty here, they can just continue to oppress their citizens on the one hand, while claiming aid for them with the other..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Show-rodriguez
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/4/2010, 4:47 am

repost from elsewhere

I'm trying to get back into the roleplaying scene, since I figure it'll improve my writing skills. I will tell you honestly that I have a rather spotty record of posting consistency, which I look to improve, but in any event I'm not exactly prolific when I write. Anyone who roleplays at a leisurely pace, I hope to hit you up for an rp sometime.

the goblin liked what he had read above, saying "...welcome renewed member, well if you would like to improve your writing skills without worrying about posting consistency, you could try your hand at live writing on the "last post" thread here, since there you can post, or not post, whenever you wish to, plus it will get you read more often than some roleplay thread or some lone blog thread would, also it will help you build a stock of posts that you can later air/edit/backup elsewhere...", in fact, the goblin had never roleplayed officially, as simply being on the internet was to him roleplay he felt, just that most people portrayed their persona as the person in the mirror each time, ah but was that who they really were he wondered

the goblin showed up - Page 4 26764775
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/4/2010, 4:48 am

repost from elsewhere

First of all everybody knows I am not an Obama fan. However if he keeps to his word and allows off shore drilling and more drilling in the Alaskan Arctic region then I will say kudos on that account. If it keeps us from relying on bum countries like Iran who are part of why we have high gas prices then again kudos to him. I will give credit where credit is due even if the person I don't like does something right.

"...no, the real problem is that the total supply is limited, where america's own production has peaked, and where the rest of the world is peaking now or soon, so whether america depends on external oil today, or chooses its own reserves instead, none of this changes the equation over the long term..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...in fact, it might even have been better to depend on external oil holding onto its own reserves to fall back upon here, seeing that alternative fuels were not yet in place to meet the predicted shortfall here, meaning that an oil depleted america would be something that those external powers would very much enjoy...", simply, the goblin felt that if amarica used up oil at its present rate, then "which oil" and "from where" would only become "any oil" and "from anywhere" in the end, for such was america's addiction to oil here, where those oil barons and their oil interested political cronies are richer than ever at america's expense

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Addiction
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/4/2010, 5:07 am

repost from elsewhere, an american "last post" thread, the goblin doing his supportive bit during the iraq war

Dear Mr. Bush,
Thank you for Connie's letter requesting more smileys, unfortunately I am a tied up here as some of your minions have escaped from the forum's high security lunatic whatever and are squatting on my "last post" thread here but if you could just keep them under sway for a moment I am sure I will be able to post more smileys for you, promise. Anyway, good luck with finding Izabeenspamming then. I remain.,

Your sincerely,
A. Fleamailman
(Thread Custodian)

hiya flea,
Yee shucks, sure is bad having them squatters, but you just hold up there.
thanks ya all sure up
GB

the goblin showed up - Page 4 DAPIMPBUSH
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/6/2010, 11:57 am

repost from elsewhere

"...most of human interaction, and resulting conversation, is just saying that which is expected of one so that one can get back to more important things like daydreaming or reasoning other things in the back of ones mind..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...so why challenge, thus becoming ostracized in doing so, any expected norm where one can remain hidden in full view by simply playing the expected part and saying the right words with it...", simply 99% of ones whole life slips under the attention radar like this, 1% is actually retained in memory form through some aroused emotional awareness towards it

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Bush
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/6/2010, 12:02 pm

repost from elsewhere, a roleplay's "last post" thread

"...I'm doing great, earthgirl of this roleplay site..." said the goblin "...trouble is I am not quite sure what I am doing yet, it still needs a few more coffees and then I can just sit between the Muse who thinks things up and this slot here who swallows them whole...", and then the goblin wondered what role playing was about because he had never been anything but his simple goblin self, so he asked "...wow, does this mean that I get the chance to play the role of a human, goodie never been one of those before...", the muse shakes her head "...no, goblin it wouldn't work, you'd just go over the top again, trying to portray a human as a paragon of greed and flawed aspirations...", in fact, the slot didn't mind whatever the goblin did as long as it meant getting fed by posts "...go for it goblin, your slot awaits you now, the bigger fool the better..." and with that the goblin felt he had to post again "...and now slot, my first act as being a human now..., ..." the goblin then rushed over to the television set first, continuing "..., ....should be to create a mental circle encompassing the sum total of male human activity in the 21st century, including their television, that computer, fridge, microwave, toilet and bed...", "...and then what goblin...", "...well I don't know slot, make the same circle I suppose, I mean left to themselves, what else do they ever do now..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 TheGoodies
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/8/2010, 5:21 am

repost from elsewhere, a biker's "ramdom stuff" thread

the wizard will mess you up with your own word's weirdo ...

"...nah, you should look at what the wizard says before you say that then, he's saying here that the more intelligent are modest about it..." explained the goblin now, adding "...and o how the inconspicuous intelligence must abound us now, as something like antimatter, unseen yes, but still there because the wizard's theory tells us that it is, but I'll let you both into a little secret now, "the emperor wears no clothes" here, to date I've only seen one writer type amongst you now who, admittedly, seems wiser than those who post here, and yet not as wise as those who don't post here...", but the goblin didn't care for wisdom at all, he cared for imaginative madness, saying "...ah yes, at the end of the day the wise are often weighed down by their wisdom and simply leave nothing to show for it, where some writer's folly is what you read is it not..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Catch_a_star_david_ho
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/8/2010, 11:30 am

fleamailman wrote:repost from elsewhere, a biker's "ramdom stuff" thread

the wizard will mess you up with your own word's weirdo ...

"...nah, you should look at what the wizard says before you say that then, he's saying here that the more intelligent are modest about it..." explained the goblin now, adding "...and o how the inconspicuous intelligence must abound us now, as something like antimatter, unseen yes, but still there because the wizard's theory tells us that it is, but I'll let you both into a little secret now, "the emperor wears no clothes" here, to date I've only seen one writer type amongst you now who, admittedly, seems wiser than those who post here, and yet not as wise as those who don't post here...", but the goblin didn't care for wisdom at all, he cared for imaginative madness, saying "...ah yes, at the end of the day the wise are often weighed down by their wisdom and simply leave nothing to show for it, where some writer's folly is what you read is it not..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Catch_a_star_david_ho

Ah, but what if someone's wise and imaginatively mad? smug
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

the goblin showed up - Page 4 1312the goblin showed up - Page 4 2412the goblin showed up - Page 4 3349the goblin showed up - Page 4 3548the goblin showed up - Page 4 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/8/2010, 4:44 pm

Ah, but what if someone's wise and imaginatively mad?

("...a writer perhaps, someone with a brain that reasons with its right side that which it imagines on its left side, what mad wisdom indeed..." ventured the goblin)
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/13/2010, 5:41 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin liked the pictures, the texts and the ideas behind them, saying "...oddly any lapse in my posting on my part usually happens when I am in an actual writing mood where one might come across my few direct replies in brackets, but otherwise it looks quiet, but it is exactly those replies that I then later edit into my “matched posts", these that I then repost without the brackets to the caption "repost from elsewhere"...”, something the goblin simply summed up as “when deep write, when dry edit”, in fact, it was often during the goblin's driest moments that actually created the most “matched” posts then

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Chimpsmokingresized
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/18/2010, 9:11 am

repost from elsewhere

hey! whats new everyone

"...not sure myself..." replied the goblin recovering from his cold, but now a bit worried in fact that the american administration, was just following the spanish empire in 17th century down her road to ruin here, adding "...well, the parallel is clear enough, I mean same fervor at the top, same problem of logistics, same high cost too, where slowly demoralization creeps in, troops go unpaid or ill equipped, mutinies within the ranks, and final pullout, at the cost of her empire, for if spain had cut her loses at the start, she wouldn't have paved the way for the french empire first, followed by the british empire after that...", simply spain had the new world with an almost unlimited supply of silver at the time, concluding "...so if spain with its unlimited finance couldn't defeat the various states in the netherlands, how could it be possible be then, that america, with a trillion dollar debt at this point, can somehow subdue the afghanistan tribes indefinitely here...", simply, that same old writing was on the wall again, and it still read "pull out or bleed on"

the goblin showed up - Page 4 958f83d3b57310999ad4da4c82de3189acc
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/20/2010, 11:39 am

repost from elsewhere,

the goblin was enjoying the replies here and would just read whatever anyone posted anyway, and yet somehow that voice in the back of the goblin's mind seemed miles away as if asking that one question again "...so goblin, what's it to be then, does one support "the south" here, well, isn't that what those americans are asking themselves too, ah but what is "the south" to them now where it isn't what went before either, so does one support "the south" or "the north" today, for where, and upon what, do they now rebel against that they should feel so fervent about it here..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Bombardment_of_Fort_Sumter_18611
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/21/2010, 12:44 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...hi..." said the goblin again, his first post here it seemed, and aware that he was amongst others here who had probably heard of the "live writing" scene on this internet now, explaining "...ask yourself, for each poster who actually reads an entry in your blog, how many more will read this post here...", to which, since many more people would read shared threads than individual blogs, the answer simply was "many", explaining "...perhaps then we need a random thread where each of us can contribute together, a round table then..." the goblin paused, sipped his coffee, and then dived into something else, saying "...so back in the victoria age, it wasn't books that they most readers were eager to read, no, I mean neither dickens and doyle actually kept people on tentahooks with episodes in journals, the golden age of victorian journals no less, and today what have we now...", and with that the goblin left off with a smile, knowing that either the others, if they replied at all, would either argue content, or attack his persona, but "live writers" usually kept it to under ten lines max, they wrote in their posts, where their readership often rivaled a small book much as the goblin's did

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Darkknightledger600
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 4/23/2010, 10:29 am

repost from elsewhere

the poster had correctly guessed the publisher's game then, so the goblin felt he should explain it further, saying "...well, for just matched posts alone, about100 thread pages, where adding up their number it's around 1500 posts...", which was entirely irrelevant, and meant nothing where one was anonymous, adding "...but, why change that, why bother to print or publish ones works, and be at the mercy of some publisher only to be discarded in a few years time then, I mean those rascals don't want any long term successes, well bar their own one or two main authors now, so it just remains "short term profit" from the rest of us, it's all rigged, where simply you're their best seller one year and forgotten the next, like so many writers before you now, just as it is for the music industry too, where no one actually stops to remember of what happened to "last year's star" then...", so the goblin wrote for himself alone, where being anonymous was ample proof of that now, save that the "live writer's" scene was advancing here, he only had to look at the others now where once he had been alone

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Cff54c07
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/2/2010, 8:51 am

repost from elsewhere, the "afterlife" thread

"...simply, you and I are anonymous, the number of posts, the hit rate, and all the other paraphernalia which goes up to create any member on a site actually means nothing because nothing can be proved here, nothing except the fact that I am writing this and you are reading it..." said the goblin whose goal remained to know himself from what he posted, adding "...you can't know the future, there is no way to know it because it is not here yet, but perhaps one can know oneself, because oneself is here all the time..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Inka-Essenhigh-SettingSun05
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/10/2010, 2:23 am

repost from elsewhere

why don't you post elsewhere on this forum goblin

"...very simply, I never tag a thread for the thread's sake, or for the site's sake, each post has to be worth my posting to me now..." replied the goblin in all honesty here, adding "...have you any idea, what it's like to be on fifty "last post" threads then, can you imagine even, the number of notifications, ranging form praise to outright hostility, both form creative writing on writer's forums, to dark stuff on goth forums, on to supporting courageous lupusbots on their forum too, etc., etc., and all of them asking me that same question then, where I have to then apologize to each in turn, that there isn't enough me to go round now...", in fact, the goblin only did about one post a day but that post then had to be reposted fifty times over, before it even came close to finished in his view, concluding "...the more you put into a post the more that will come out of it, so where is the muse in just tagging threads..."

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Thesummoningofthemuse
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 5/10/2010, 2:24 am

repost from elsewhere, the UK elections

"...are we not well fed here then..." said the goblin, suspecting that the big difference between the UK and the USA, in the elections, was that the former risked "same'ism" whichever party came to power, whereas the latter risked "extremism", that of more socialism under president obama, or fascism under lady president palin or whoever then, saying "at least for the brits, like in that aesop fable, are only voting between "king logs" here, whereas america will be voting between "king storks" now..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frogs_Who_Desired_a_King

the goblin showed up - Page 4 Meeting_painting
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next