The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the goblin showed up

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Empty Re: the goblin showed up

Post by shadowsowner888 3/4/2010, 1:32 pm

The werepire was unable to resist letting out a giggle upon reading about the closed thread. "Score one for the goblin. The people in charge on that site? Zero." She was glad that the goblin could be so triumphant about it, being a fan of his posting style.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

the goblin showed up - Page 3 1312the goblin showed up - Page 3 2412the goblin showed up - Page 3 3349the goblin showed up - Page 3 3548the goblin showed up - Page 3 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/4/2010, 2:20 pm

the goblin thanked the werepire for her post, saying "...it is often hard to find what one is looking for on sites, I am looking for talents always, though the "live writer" is a type, and yet, it's not someone who always attaches a picture, nor is it someone who is anonymous, nor again, someone who writes in third person, it's more like one sees the username and simply knows that the post will be worth it, someone who writes in posts then...", and just once, the goblin, going against his usual rule of never mixing sites, linked an exhibit thread of three live writers, where the site itself was just a venue, just that the live writers there were unhindered, and that the black background brought out the posts well, oddly, they and the rest of the forum members were friendly enough and yet as if lived two worlds apart, the goblin's "last post" thread was also there too, saying "...you can delete this link later should you wish, simply it just explains things a little better than I can..."

http://rogue-tomato.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1599&page=6

the goblin showed up - Page 3 P_2006_into_the_light
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/5/2010, 7:59 am

repost from elsewhere

explain more your "I am book" persona idea, how should I be go about it

"...first off, I have to avoid pushing anyone into something which really them then, only that I've noticed that many here have a talent where, with a little refining, they could become "live writers"..." the goblin then explained it slightly, saying "... the "live writers" you've already come across are much like author's names on a bookshelf, simply you see that author's name and reach for the book, open it and say "interesting, but I knew it would be, that's him after all", regardless of which forum, simply one can go from forum to forum and the same thing will happen, as readers lock onto the persona, where it is uniform, and where the output is constant that is, keeping both the author and the posts in mind, in fact, I'm sure that you already know some usernames who meet this criteria then...", and yet the goblin also knew that the majority of posters, neither understood, nor cared about their own posts, enough to evolve them into "live writing", in that, neither the idea of a universal persona, nor the need to repost posts, struck them as crucial to their posting here, so the goblin just concluded said "...no, I am not interested in those who want to write for that old publishing world, I am only interested in those who want to write in posts here, for this is world that you are reading now..."

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Man_On_Beach
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/5/2010, 1:15 pm

fleamailman wrote:the goblin thanked the werepire for her post, saying "...it is often hard to find what one is looking for on sites, I am looking for talents always, though the "live writer" is a type, and yet, it's not someone who always attaches a picture, nor is it someone who is anonymous, nor again, someone who writes in third person, it's more like one sees the username and simply knows that the post will be worth it, someone who writes in posts then...", and just once, the goblin, going against his usual rule of never mixing sites, linked an exhibit thread of three live writers, where the site itself was just a venue, just that the live writers there were unhindered, and that the black background brought out the posts well, oddly, they and the rest of the forum members were friendly enough and yet as if lived two worlds apart, the goblin's "last post" thread was also there too, saying "...you can delete this link later should you wish, simply it just explains things a little better than I can..."

http://rogue-tomato.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1599&page=6

the goblin showed up - Page 3 P_2006_into_the_light

The werepire nodded, feeling as though she was starting to understand this 'live writing' a bit better than before. "I'm beginning to see that my original assumption of 'live writing' was way off, then . . . I assumed that it was simply the third person, but it's not just that, is it." She paused, trying to collect her own thoughts in a way that defined it well, but was unable to. It felt, to her, like something that simply had to be understood. She was always of the viewpoint that if one tried hard enough they perhaps could manage to explain a particular feeling . . . but the explanation would fall flat even so if the reader hadn't felt and understood this feeling before themself.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

the goblin showed up - Page 3 1312the goblin showed up - Page 3 2412the goblin showed up - Page 3 3349the goblin showed up - Page 3 3548the goblin showed up - Page 3 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/5/2010, 5:23 pm

once more the goblin thanked the werepire for her post, saying "...the writing in third person is merely an indulgence on my part, simply a need perhaps both to know what obstacles writers face when writing, and a wish too, to become fluent enough to counterbalance the onset of ones old age here, and the matching picture is more or less the same thing then...", no, the "live writer" was exactly what the goblin had explained before at the beginning of this thread, a pokemon upgrade of a normal poster, where apart from the obvious storing and reposting of posts, the constant output, and recognisable persona, there was no difference between him and anyone else here

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Smokingchimpsina1comxa1
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/6/2010, 5:33 pm

repost from elsewhere, the trolls site's "last post" thread

Fleamailman would make a better mod than xxxxx or xxxxx.

alright, though the question still remains of "how one moderates trolls" here, felt the goblin who quickly warned "...either you clean up your act trolls, or else I will bombard you with profound intellectualisms, outstanding anecdotes, and weighed soliloquies, the like of which all forumland could only shudder to imagine...", of course with a matching picture to delicately illustrate and underscore things

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Steptoe--son1
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/7/2010, 9:26 am

The werepire thoughtfully tilted her head, her eyes gazing off into another world. "I wonder if that would actually work," she spoke, "to punish trolls and such by powers of speech." She had of course dealt with some members who weren't so great, but had given up on speech alone when they proved persistent in their troublemaking. "I suppose if one made the post long enough, it really could work well when they went to read it and it froze their browser . . ." She smirked at this delightfully cruel idea. "But that might be a hard thing to attain. What would you do if they insisted upon causing trouble even after all your intellectualisms, anecdotes, and soliloquies?"
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/7/2010, 10:08 am

shadowsowner888 wrote:The werepire thoughtfully tilted her head, her eyes gazing off into another world. "I wonder if that would actually work," she spoke, "to punish trolls and such by powers of speech." She had of course dealt with some members who weren't so great, but had given up on speech alone when they proved persistent in their troublemaking. "I suppose if one made the post long enough, it really could work well when they went to read it and it froze their browser . . ." She smirked at this delightfully cruel idea. "But that might be a hard thing to attain. What would you do if they insisted upon causing trouble even after all your intellectualisms, anecdotes, and soliloquies?"

the goblin felt that the werepire had spoken wisely again, saying "...oh no, I get on well with the trolls at valhalla, and in a strange way, although our goals differ now, I have learned a lot from them, they show no mercy, give no quarter but expect none in return, but then if ones thread succeeds on their site, that "live writer" qualification is merited is it not, I'd better not link my thread there, but instead here a post I did for them..."

repost from a "last post" thread on a trolls site

the goblin showed up readying an improvised speech, he started "...your majesty, fellow trolls and trollops, normal people and lone member xxxxx...", the goblin coughed to clear his throat, continuing "...a troll, if I may be so bold, is not someone who gets banned for making irrelevant posts on "such and such's" site, far from it, he is someone who can turn up on that site, start a random thread there with no subject matter at all and which, within a space of a week or so, becomes their most viewed and replied to thread there...", the goblin's coffee was tasting good as he looked out across the gray city of Geneva again, in fact, the goblin never really felt himself to be a troll, only that what he did over 40 to 50 "last post" threads now could easily be interpreted as such, he continued "...to be on this site is an honor, well for you lot that is, for here too I will fight to be last, thank you mortals MYAHAHAHAHAHA...", to which he put the note pad down on the desk again, his bistro, and that Internet conquest awaited, he simply borrowed Dali's words saying "...no, the difference between me and the trolls is that I am the troll then..."

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Clinton
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/7/2010, 11:01 am

repost from elsewhere, the "what triggers your writing" thread

"...OK, I'll do my best but you'll have to bare with me now, this is just how I write, accept it please..." said the goblin, continuing "...simply writers use triggers to write, they're something that triggers their writing from within them then...", to which the goblin then broke off, sipped his coffee, looked across the bistro once more, and then looked back at the open slot here while letting the music he liked repeat itself in his ears waiting for it all to trigger the next bit, then he started talking again, saying "...so triggers I imagine can be mood setting tools, but they can also be just looking over ones old works, and then reposting them elsewhere across forumland where, with hindsight, one often sees something new in what one wrote...", and with that the goblin had to find a matching picture again, as he never missed a chance to illustrate his posts now, simply he wanted a illustrator's eye to go with a writer's way with words here

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Pushpoll
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/7/2010, 6:29 pm

repost from elsewhere, another writer's site "last post" thread, the goblin only defending himself

One must, however, understand the importance of proper punctuation of grammar, as the sole presence of a vocabularic mind or thesaurus will bring a writer nowhere. One may be a potential writer, but that one cannot become a fine writer if their writing lacks the charm of storytelling. It is difficult for a reader to comprehend when the words are welded together as a dictation or rant, with no apparent end to the madness. There strikes a fine line between continuous run-on speech and separation of thought.

It is of improper style for an author to shove verbs that supposedly describes the verbal actions of the speaker in midst of their soliloquy. It is unnecessary to announce the speaker has recently "added" or "mentioned" or "noted", a sin especially amplified by the repition of such unique words in such paragraphical proximity.

The aforementioned is a common mistakes budding novella-type writers will make, often if they had not read a book that displays the correct usage of words. It hurts the eye of an experienced writer.

"...yes I used to write like that too, back in the old writer's club days, and yet one quickly saw how no one would read those posts, however perfectly written they were, when tucked away in some blog, so instead of my pretending to know things and then harping on to others about some mantra of "follow the useless outdated bookstyle please", which didn't seem to work on this internet, I actually practiced various writing styles for myself, settling for this one, which has the added bonus of hiding my real age here, plus the fact that now my posts are actually read, if only because I am not mistaken for some old fart, even if I am one that is, or for a hated hair-splitting grammer nazi, frankly I am only interested in "live writing", the novella-type writers as you call them, the others are being marginalized as we speak...", replied the goblin here, adding "...say what you will though, the hit count is your readership is it not, so if you can link me a hit count like mine for your stuff, I will eat my words and write in any that you would wish me to, something fair don't you think...", and with that the goblin in his defense quickly linked just one of the fifty odd "last post" threads he was on, one post getting 214 hits, saying "...good luck, this is win/win for me, as either I'll be right, or I have something of you worth reading...", but the goblin just imagined that he would get banned for this post now but at least he had defended himself so it was OK, his conscience was clear he felt

http://countrysideforum.smfforfree2.com/index.php?topic=539.new;topicseen#new

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Kustathe_old_lady-1

Last edited by fleamailman on 3/11/2010, 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/11/2010, 11:11 am

repost from elsewhere

"...my bet is just that your posts will evolve here, simply you'll reach a point where one of the posts you do pleases you so much that you'll want to keep it, and that is the moment you become a "live writer", really it's no big deal, it is just a type of evolution form "just posting in reply to someone else", to "posting for keeps", and those posts one wants to keep, one can blog somewhere, but then you'll want to know if they're any good, and probably to edit them at the same time too, so one reposts them then and you've joined the club so to speak..." mentioned the goblin, knowing that he wasn't the only one now, just that he was one to first ones like this

the goblin showed up - Page 3 15
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/11/2010, 12:10 pm

Again the werepire's understanding of live writing was continuing to grow. As her eyes became wide with the possibilities of the future, she spoke, "I wonder if I shall ever reach that point, where I become a true "live writer" . . . surely, that would be a great thing to accomplish, though I have a lot to learn in ways of patience." For she tended to rush through her life in forums sometimes, posting for the sake of posting rather than for having something to say.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/12/2010, 5:49 am

(the goblin enjoyed the werepire's reply, saying "...me too, I chat between the brackets, and publish outside them below, however I never tag...")

repost from elsewhere, the subject of fiction and fantasy

well now, the goblin loved fantasy, saying "...yes, those amazing stories are not to be forgotten, for they enriched my childhood, much as they still fuel my imagination today, oh and amongst them, how "the american dream" was something wonderful was it not, except that it was always just that then, only a dream that is, fantasy...", so the goblin saluted america once more, and waved and cheered as the its electoral spectacle passed before his eyes again, state by state, like so many wondrous floats at macy's thanksgiving parade, "...after all folks, a dream, even if it is only a dream here, is still better than no dream at at...", which was all the goblin could muster as he watched this election here

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Kennedy
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/16/2010, 3:48 am

repost from a writer's site "last post" thread

and with the goblin had noted that someone had spoken out to him, "...there slot, that's a start isn't it...", said the goblin now wanting to help that person in his way, "...but goblin, how can you, I mean, you don't know what she wants to write, nor how she wants to write it...", outside, the night seemed to look on in an almost unbroken silence, save for the humming of an odd street car on the distant road, audible though a lone open French window here, the moon with its smile looked down as if it knew what the goblin was going to say next, perhaps it did, the goblin continued simply breaking this pleasant silence then, he started "...you see, in writing, the narrator is like a harlequin to the actors who talk, the actors can't see the harlequin, no, the harlequin is only visible to the audience's mind eye, but he is there to relieve the actors of the burden of filling in the blanks, "time", "place", "sentiment", and many other adjective and settings can simply be left to the harlequin so that the actors can be more natural in their conversations to one another...", suddenly the goblin went across to the bookshelf to make sure, his hunch was that none of the novels there resembled the plain conversations written like the ones the goblin could see above these posts, but then he stopped, returned to his desk, sipped the coffee, and waited for the next bit, "...goblin..." in fact the slot often talked to him, continuing "...suppose this "book world" is giving way to our "Internet" one then, what would today's writers have to master here I wonder...", but the goblin just smiled like that knowing moon again "...perhaps, "how to feed you" my dear slot, just how to feed you..." though to be honest the goblin had no idea if anyone would read this far, as the harlequin once more gracefully saluted in a closing gesture to the audience leaving the night to take over again

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Cheshire_Cat_3
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/17/2010, 2:13 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was thinking of "romeo and juliet", the two clans of capulet and montague, and that outsider mercutio, where when fatally wounded mercutio utters "a plague on both your houses", to which the goblin simply ventured "...my bet is that shakespeare had the US congress in mind when he was writing that clan feud thing into his play then, perfect fit too..."

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Coe
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/17/2010, 4:03 pm

fleamailman wrote:repost from elsewhere

the goblin was thinking of "romeo and juliet", the two clans of capulet and montague, and that outsider mercutio, where when fatally wounded mercutio utters "a plague on both your houses", to which the goblin simply ventured "...my bet is that shakespeare had the US congress in mind when he was writing that clan feud thing into his play then, perfect fit too..."

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Coe

The werepire was both delighted and amused by the goblin's post. "Last night I read another post somewhere," she mused, "that said, 'if con is the opposite of pro, then congress must be the opposite of progress.'" While she hadn't exactly given herself the chance to come up with her own opinion on the subject, she did rather enjoy to read others', especially when they were negative.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/21/2010, 6:58 am

repost from elsewhere, hopefully comforting an admin who had been banned by the other admins on the site

"...the whole thing saddens me, and I can understand xxxxxx, but either way it has happened now, where win or lose, it just won't go back to what it was before, where understandably some negative undercurrent would dog any site in that situation, suspicion that anyone who joins from this point onwards might hold some hostile intentions..." mentioned the goblin now, continuing "...xxxxx you are a fantastic poster with a rare illustrator's eye and, more importantly, you have an admin quality that just attracts members to you, so just regain faith in yourself like I have in you, where what you need is a free forum on a different server, a clean break, though you can't build any new forum with ease until you put this past behind you now, so turn off those notifications to there then, it won't return...", and with that you goblin just added a link of another server, and then borrowed yet another of her pictures, her eye at finding them was amazing

http://www.phpbb.com/

the goblin showed up - Page 3 G50-3-1
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/23/2010, 6:23 am

repost from elsewhere, the goblin's two cents then

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=488580&GT1=28103

the goblin showed, feeling that most points had already been mentioned by now, saying "...society functions on having its civilians accept the idea of greed and punishment in their midst, the carrot and the stick then, so the question, that hasn't been explored here, is do those who kill their victim turn out to be better adjusted to this society, for it's the same difference now, in that "mercy killing" is just that, where the others are "punishment befitting the crime", "self defense", "the fetus is unwanted", "defending ones liberties", and the like, all just "loophole justifications" on some slippery slope to a mental acceptance first, and then on to the physical compliance afterwards..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...isn't that what goes though the contestants minds at the time then, and just how thing were looking back at recent history now..."

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Buchenwald
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/24/2010, 2:43 pm

("...nothing like playing joan of arc then..." mentioned the goblin having fun over at a writer's site now, explaining "...they seem to complain about the one poster whose posts they then read the most, here's an example now, where they're dying to ban me, and read me too, at the same time...")

repost from elsewhere, a writer's site again

Don't get me wrong here, but you really have to stop typing like that if you want your points to come across, because being more annoying than clever aside (you prolly heard that one a couple of times before), it takes actual effort to try and understand what you are saying. To the point of me C/P'ing the entire text and removing everything not between quotes. And it was still difficult to follow because the unclear structure and assumption people understand what you're talking about.

"...sorry, and please don't think I am being rude back, but I already have hundreds of readers, you'll soon get the hang of my posts as you go along, promise you won't need to C/ping texts, and not to worry about it or me then, as I don't, since the forum name suggests creative freedom, I do hope that is exactly what it means here..." replied the goblin once more, adding "...now let us not hijack this interesting thread with some personal remarks towards a contributor, since I totally respect your choice in choosing whichever words you feel does most justice to your own posts, so please, in the same manner, extend that same respect towards me too, simply it does seem ugly and dogmatic towards someone else's writings styles here, where if one doesn't understand, one just leaves it at that then, thank you...", simply the goblin wrote directly between brackets and then reposted anything related to topic outside those brackets below it

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Hooters_protest
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 3/24/2010, 3:07 pm

Goblin, Twig is sorta planning to move to MyBB, which is WAY superior to PhpBB. Just letting you know.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

the goblin showed up - Page 3 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/24/2010, 3:45 pm

(the goblin liked arianna, saying "...the real question is not the quality of the server here, so much as the number of new members that will come across any new forum that you might in mind now, so I imagine it's best to be careful not to end up migrating to a wonderful forum in some wilderness then...", simply, the goblin was just suggesting here that an inferior type forum on a well frequented server might in fact have a higher "new member join" rate, and for that reason alone might even be better then, concluding "...well, how about running both forums in parallel for a while, then if the other works out you can move members from here to it...")
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 3/25/2010, 1:19 am

I think that this small community is nice, in fact, and while new members are great, I would rather have this forum on MyBB than have it on a free forum with 10 new members a day.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 3/25/2010, 6:15 am

("...true arianna, but the idea of running two sites in parallel rather goes back to what I mentioned before about "cross backing up", in that, should either one of those sites then crash, the other retains both ones posts and ones member base intact..." mentioned the goblin once more, adding "...another idea would be to have two sites, yes but instead of their being in parallel, one of those could be "open membership" like here, while the other remained "by invite only", thereby turning the "by invite only" site into storeroom so to speak, ones backstage then...", in fact, the goblin himself wouldn't comment if he too had a backstage site, only that most "live writers" did seem to need somewhere to have their posts ready for reposting across forumland)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin introducing a bit more about himself then

the goblin was fighting not only to post now, which was the easy part, but to reach above his personal problems which were trying to distract and topple him from that simply truth that as the goblin gets older his life just remains too short to live "day to day" for the sake of the trappings and the trinkets of the Moneygod, "...where am I in all this..." he just said firmly viewing the horizon to steady his head in his swaying fortune

the goblin showed up - Page 3 Parkeharrison05

Last edited by fleamailman on 3/25/2010, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 3/25/2010, 11:30 am

I'm not going to agree with you - in fact I wholeheartedly disagree - but I'll leave it at that.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/25/2010, 11:41 am

I kinda agree with both of you on this. I'd like to see Twig on MyBB too, but new members and backups are something to definitely consider in swtiching. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next