The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleeding Rose

5 posters

Go down

The Bleeding Rose Empty The Bleeding Rose

Post by PiratePhantomDi 3/6/2010, 1:44 pm

Chapter 1: Escape

Janette held back the tears that threatened to fall. Her purple-eyed wolf whimpered. It had been days since they last had food and they were both losing their strength. "Maybe we should go back to the palace." She suggested, but she knew that going back would be just as bad as dying of starvation.
It had been a week since her mother and father died. That night she had almost been murdered in bed, and for her safety her brother suggested she go stay with her aunt, but he had given her wrong directions. She found the wolf in the wood and she had followed her for a few days, but as the sky dimmed to the dark sun, animals and plants became scarce.
"Let's go." Janette said mounting her horse. "Maybe we can find food somewhere." Just then a golden-tongued falcon flew over her head. Janette gasped in shock and fear. "The assassin!" She gasped and took off with the wolf following close behind her.
The falconer, Falkner, smiled to himself as he heard the horse coming straight in his direction. His falcon gave him a clear image of what was occurring. All that went through his head was of the reward he would receive for her capture, but then a wolf howled in the distance distracting him momentarily. When his falcon finally returned to his thought, he saw that the girl had changed directions towards the one place Nocturnals would never enter, Light Hollow.
Janette had heard of the people of the Light, but she had been told all her life that they were just inventions for folklore. Now Janette was in the very heart of Light Hollow, the sanctuary for the Light from the Nocturnals. Though Light Hollow was a cave, it was filled with life and excitement. Children played in the streets, babies were cradled in the arms of their mothers, and lovers held hands. It was as if Janette had walked into a whole new world, so opposite from hers. She herself was still a child, and was expected to behave in the ways of an adult. Now bright, cheerful eyes were focused on her. There was no longer that joy in their eyes, only pure hatred. Janette looked around her at the thousand stares, her silver eyes cast rainbows on the golden walls around her. The silence was broke by the sound of pattering feet. A young boy ran up the steps of the golden palace to report the intruder to the king.
The king was startled by the boy's intrusion. "Yes son, what is it?" He asked. He tried not to sound impatient, but when children came to his door they usually came begging for a break from school, or some other sort of ridiculousness.
"Sorry to bother you your majesty." The king looked at the boy. It was the blacksmith's son, and a very polite young lad at that. They had never had trouble with him anywhere, and he had the highest scores in his class. "We seem to have an intruder." The king sighed. This was a new one, he was about to dismiss the boy when he continued. "She's of the Dark sir. I would bet my life that she's a Nocturnal."
"Now son, that is of course not possible." He sighed. Nocturnals were creatures of fiction, and were written to scare little children and make them behave. "Nocturnals don't exist."
"That's what I thought too." The boy answered. "But sire, she's got darker hair than the evening sky."
"Well that could be many a people in our kingdom son."
"She has silver eyes your majesty. They reflect the light across the rooms in a crystal rainbow."
The king stood up at once and ordered that this girl be brought to him immediately. If what the boy said was true, then Nocturnals did exist, and they had managed to break through a long forgotten threshold that had been safe for years.
PiratePhantomDi
PiratePhantomDi
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Back to top Go down

The Bleeding Rose Empty Re: The Bleeding Rose

Post by shadowsowner888 3/7/2010, 11:37 am

Great job! Very Happy I can't wait to read more. It was a little confusing, though, with the perspectives changing. xD There were a couple points where I couldn't tell whose perspective it was from.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Bleeding Rose 1312The Bleeding Rose 2412The Bleeding Rose 3349The Bleeding Rose 3548The Bleeding Rose 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/7/2010, 2:03 pm

Awesome! Very Happy More?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by ~>*Alexis*<~ 3/7/2010, 3:25 pm

Wonderful! Write more!
~>*Alexis*<~
~>*Alexis*<~
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by PiratePhantomDi 3/7/2010, 10:24 pm

Ya, I was having a hard time with the whole separating the paragraphs hehehehe...google documents is hard to work with. It's still a working process, but I promise you all more!!!!!!
PiratePhantomDi
PiratePhantomDi
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 3/7/2010, 11:34 pm

Coolness. Smile I like it very much.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer