The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rose Petal

3 posters

Go down

The Rose Petal Empty The Rose Petal

Post by ~>*Alexis*<~ 6/5/2010, 3:34 pm

The Rose Petal

Maturity--Alot of romance and drama. Maybe some fights.
Fantasy--You'll find out. The town isn't real and all, so that's all I'm going to tell you.

When simple words are said, lies begin, and when a single wish is cast upon the falling of a rose petal, things change. Forever.

Chapter One

Miserable

June 12

Dear Diary,

I admit it. I HATE my life. I hate everything about it. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't even born. Sometimes , I just want things to be BETTER, not WORSE, and for things to turn out alright. But nothings changed or been the same since my mother passed away. But I just have to live with it.

My name is Angelina Rosetta Melendez. I'm fifteen years old, and I have two eight year old twin sisters name Elisa Amy and Emily Isabel Melendez. Emily was named after my mom, and Elisa was named after my dead sister. We live in a small, old house with our always busy father named Edward Melendez. We live in a small town called Willowbrook, which is in Southern Maine, close to the border with New Hampshire.

Willowbrook is at the edge of a small forest we call Silent Woods. Our neighborhood is the closest to the forest by far, and it's pretty creepy. Willowbrook is also only known by it's residence. The tourist that come down from Augusta stay for two days, leave, then forget the place. Ironic, isn't it?
Well, that's my life. Now on to the important part...

I haven't seen my dad in days, and I'm starting to worry. The twins have also started this habit of waking up every morning and to begin crying. And for some strange reason, I wake up every morning screaming. I just found out that Selena, my best and only friend, is moving down to live in Concord. School is going to start in less than a month, and I don't think we have enough money for our school supplies and new clothing plus to keep paying for the house and stuff. Guess I'm going to have to get a job soon.

Why are many bad things happening?

From Angelina.

P.S. I miss mommy...

I closed my diary and put it back under my pillow. It was brand new, and I wanted to keep it in good condition. It may seem childish and all, but it's the only thing that keeps me occupied and actually makes me feel better. Plus, my mother always wrote in her own diary before she...

I went over to check on the twins, and Emily and Elisa were playing with their Barbie Dolls, so I guess they were alright.

"Angelina! Come play with us!" Emily called as she flipped her curly, dark brown hair. Elisa yawned and rubbed her stomach, and I knew what that meant.

"Let's eat first, okay. Then we'll play."

They followed me to the kitchen, and I gave them ham sandwhiches and Capri Sun juice pouches.
As they ate, there was knock on the door, and I went over to answer it.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Selena."

"Okey Dokey," I opened the door as my friend burst in, her light brown hair trailing behind her.

"Hey girls," Selena greeted Emily and Elisa.

"Hello!" They responded at the same time.

"What's up?" I greeted.

"Someone's moved in next door." Selena annouced. The room went silent. After an awkward two minutes, Emily spoke.

"Next door to us? Or you?" She asked.

"You. But who cares? Nobody has ever moved to Willowbrook in twenty years!" Selena sounded really excited.

"Since when did you care about Willowbrook history?" Elisa asked suspicously.

Selena stopped and stared at my little sister through narrowed eyes, but Elisa's face was covered in straight, dark brown hair. "I'm not really sure," Selena finally responded.

"Well...who wants to go into the bakery and buy some cookies?" I chirped with fake ethusiasm.

"I do!" Emily cried out.

"Then let's go!" I grabbed my wallet and home keys and headed for the door.

Emily and Elisa put on their sandles and held Selena's hand as we went outside, glad to stop talking about the new neighbor, and to be out in the summer air...

Chapter Two

The New Kid

The first thing I saw when we were about to enter Town Square was a crowd. Now THAT was NOT normal.

"What's going on?" Elisa asked in shock. The twins have never seen a crowd as big as this in their lives, so something big was going on. I just shrugged simply and continued to walk, trying to act casual.

My sister tugged on my shirt, so I picked Elisa up and carried her while Selena carried Emily. I was able to catch some of the people's conversations, and what they said was what I should of known.

"New people!"

"How many?"

"Are they really staying?"

"Nextdoor to the Melendez residence?"

And stuff like that. It annoyed me, because anybody could come into town and they'll make a big deal about it. It was a releif when we entered the doors of Betty's Bakery, and Betty Musier was there at the counter, talking to some unfamilar group of people.

We grabbed the usual. A box of half a dozen choclate cupcakes, with two boxes of mini choclate chip cookies and one box of a dozen glazed donuts(for Selena). We waited for twenty minutes for Betty to stop talking with her customers before we could actually purchase our items.

"Hope you enjoy your new lives here at Willowbrook, Mr.Ramos!" was the lst thing Betty Musier said before the people turnd around. Two adults, probally the parents, and two boys, one about my age and one about Elisa and Emily's age. The parents, Mr. and Mrs.Ramos were already at the door, but their sons were looking us over.

I didn't know what happened when I made eye contact with the boy my age, and I saw that he looked more about sixteen than fifteen. He had the same, pale, light tan skin as me. He had dark brown eyes and messy black hair, and he looked a bit muscular, wearing only khaki shorts and a dark gray Nike muscle shirt. I couldn't help but think that he was...cute. In a way.

His younger brother looked like the boy's mini me, but his eyes were lighter shade of brown and his face still had that 'cutie pie' look, like Emily and Elisa.

There was an awkward silence, before the boys actually moved and went to their parents. As my gaze followed their direction, I thought I saw a smile on the older boy's face. I smiled back, just in case.

"Angelina!" Betty's voice called and brought me back to reality.

"Sorry!" I gave her my items, and as she put them in a bag, I gave her a ten dollar bill.

"Keep the change." I told her as I grabbed our stuff and left. Elisa grabbed my hand, with a huge grin on her face.

"So romantic," Selena sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't give me that! You were totally staring at him. Don't worry, he was staring at you too!"

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean that you like him and he likes you!"

"Why do we have to have this conversation in front of the girls?"

Selena looked down at the twins, but they were too busy in their own world. She looked back up at me, arching an eyebrow, which was covered with strands in choclate brown hair.

I sighed. "Do you honestly beleive in 'Love at first sight'?"

"Now I do," Selena grinned.

I gave her the 'look' and she turned around and whistled casually. The streets were clear now, thank goodness, because if I heard another word about the Ramos family, I'm going to...I'm going to...well, burst.

But then again, even though Selena anoyed me with her 'Love Doctor' job, I was starting to beleive her.

It's love at first sight...

Last edited by ~>*Alexis*<~ on 6/7/2010, 7:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
~>*Alexis*<~
~>*Alexis*<~
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

The Rose Petal Empty Re: The Rose Petal

Post by ~>*Alexis*<~ 6/5/2010, 3:37 pm

Reserved
~>*Alexis*<~
~>*Alexis*<~
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ~>*Alexis*<~ 6/5/2010, 3:37 pm

Reserved
~>*Alexis*<~
~>*Alexis*<~
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Mioko 6/5/2010, 7:19 pm

I like it! Very Happy
Miss_Mioko
Miss_Mioko
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1765

Back to top Go down

Post by ~>*Alexis*<~ 6/5/2010, 8:40 pm

Thanks!
~>*Alexis*<~
~>*Alexis*<~
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/6/2010, 2:33 pm

:3 This seems like a cool story. Keep writing!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Rose Petal 1312The Rose Petal 2412The Rose Petal 3349The Rose Petal 3548The Rose Petal 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~>*Alexis*<~ 6/7/2010, 7:45 pm

Thanks Shadow!

Chapter Two up!
~>*Alexis*<~
~>*Alexis*<~
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/7/2010, 11:10 pm

Oooh, I liked that one. :3 I'm looking forward to more!

Something you may want to consider is how you're describing the characters. Not, like, word-wise, but where you're putting the description. Because it might work better if you tried to sprinkle it throughout the story in adjectives, rather than lumping it all in one place. Like, "her blue eyes sparkled happily" as opposed to "she had blue eyes." But overall, do whatever you'd prefer. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Rose Petal 1312The Rose Petal 2412The Rose Petal 3349The Rose Petal 3548The Rose Petal 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~>*Alexis*<~ 6/8/2010, 12:50 am

Thanks Shadow!

I'll try that out next time. I made chapter 2 in a rush, because my mom was going to kick me off the computer soon, so I put in all the ideas I had left. Hopefully, Chapter Three will be more...improved.
~>*Alexis*<~
~>*Alexis*<~
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down