The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!)

3 posters

Go down

Who is your favorite character?

Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Left100%Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Right10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Left1050%Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Right10 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Left1050%Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Right10 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Empty Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!)

Post by Shadowlover2000 3/8/2010, 12:30 am

Oh my gosh. ARGH! I have to change the name or it will seem like a ripoff of Fantastic Mr. Fox. D:

“He Stole my chicken!!” There was a pause, “…Ok, Ok, OUR chicken! He Stole m-our chicken! Our number-one egg laying chicken!!” Dad shouted, “And I’m gon’na get ‘im!” I stood up and walked to the kitchen, “Get who, daddy?” My name is Stephan, I am 5 and a half, my daddy was talking with mum, as I went into our brown, old worn-down kitchen, I looked up at my father with the best ‘what’s going on?’ expression, my father was fat, I mean, like, really really fat, he had brown skin and dark, thin, dirty hair, he looks down at me and says in his gruff voice “uh… Mr. fox stole a chicken, and I’m, going to, ‘get’ our chicken back, uh, day after tomorrow, now, go to bed, its supposed to be freezing tonight, uh, you’ll, catch a cold!” he shooed me to my tiny bedroom with hardwood floor, “Inside?” I asked, “Uh, yes” dad shut the door which makes a cracking, uncomforting noise, I walk two steps to my bed (both making a squeaky noise) and crawled in. The bed groaned, my bed was the lumpiest in the house, oh how I hated this bed! It felt like a bunch of rocks, I lay for an hour almost every night before falling asleep, I make a face as I pull up the dirty brown moth-eaten blanket and put my head on what feels like wet dirty moss (My pillow) I think about the chicken, I wondered if ‘Mr. fox’ would give it back to dad or not, maybe Mr. fox wanted some eggs, so he borrowed the chicken, just for a bit… Then I thought maybe for a surprise I would get the chicken back for daddy, I started to plan, I would go to Mr. Fox and say “Please, Please Mr. Fox, can I have daddy’s chicken?” I would look up and make my eyes wide, and frown, just a little, and then I would say “Daddy misses the chicken!” Then I would come home and hide the chicken in my room, then when daddy says “I guess I’ll go get the chicken back” I’ll run up to him and say “Ok, all done!” And then he would be so proud! I tried to yawn and said “I’ll do that in the morning…” but I waited…. And waited… and sleep never came, finally I got out of bed, crept to the door, and opened it, CREEAAKKK… I shuddered. I tiptoed to the front door and opened it, Clink, Clink, Tinkle, Clink, I stepped onto the dirt and rocks in the driveway and started towards the wood… it seemed like hours of trudging through frost, snow (sometimes), and moss… until Finally I spotted a hole in the ground and put my feet in it, then, slowly, I slid down the rest of the way into… light… I closed my eyes for a moment, when I opened them I looked into some dazzlingly green eyes. Not, very, gentle, eyes, though… They were narrowed and fierce, but I saw a flicker of fear in them, for a second… The eyes belonged to a red, pointed face with spike-like ears, I blinked “H-hello uh,” I read a book once about a fox, who tried to kill a rabbit, I shivered “M-muh-mister fa-f-fox…?” I forgot all about looking sad, I shivered so hard I thought I was about to fall apart. The fox blinked, and then spoke… yes, the fox spoke, now as you may know, animals, can’t talk, but who knows, some kids have sharper ears than others. The fox spoke; she said (In a very feminine voice) “Mr. fox?” The fierceness vanished and she cocked her head “I’m Moony, there is no Mr. fox here…” Then in a quick voice she said “Uh, you must have the wrong fox hole, er, yeah,” Then in a hasty voice “Don’t come back soon, there aren’t any foxes here, at all, nope, no foxes, or squirrels, and defiantly no chickens!” She began to push me back up the tunnel towards the exit “Wait” I said “But… you’re a fox… Don’t hurt me!” The vixen was now clutching my foot with her teeth and attempting to drag me. My lip quivered, I felt wet coming down my cheek, “oh…!” I started crying quietly, the fox tugged one last time then looked back, her eyes widened. Now, there were plenty things going on in the Moony’s mind right now, suggestions of how to handle this, one, hold the kid prisoner until the hunter leaves his gun unguarded to look for the kid then send Tike to swipe gun… two, force the kid to leave… or three… She bit her lip. I stopped crying and looked sacredly into the face of ‘moony’ “Don’t hurt me” I whispered, the fox looked at me for a moment then, “Oh, my” She said kindly “you look dreadfully cold, do come in,” She rested her bushy red tail on me, I stopped feeling sad instantly, I wanted to grab that tail, it was the softest thing I’d ever felt! She flicked me with the tip of it and started into her den, I turned and gasped as I saw a fire burning bright in the middle of the cave, I sniffed the air, it smelled sweet, natural, not at all like it smells when dad lights part of a forest on fire (Stephan, of course, had no idea what his father had been doing, but I’m pretty sure you do.) The fox turned to the boy, “You coming?” I got up quickly, “Um, ok, yeah” I said quietly, brushing dirt off my worn-down ‘clothes’ I followed the fox at a rapid pace, I followed her into a room with two other foxes, biting and nipping each other, one turned and saw Moony “Hi mother, is the chicken ready?” Then his eyes strayed to me and he watched me for a moment, his (and his sisters) eyes were like little lines in there head, straight, yet noticeable, under and above there eyes appeared to be ‘shadows,’ the fox looked at me, then shouted “Father, Father! Mother brought a human bean into the house!!” His sister punched him on the head, “A human BEING idiot!” The brother turned and growled, pouncing on his sister and wrestling, in a flash of orange, the girl had the boy pinned under her claws “Beet’cha again!” she turned “Mother, why have you brought ‘the son of hunter’ to the den, it could be a trap…” She was calm, even though her tireless sibling growled from underneath her. Moony ignored her, she turned to me, “This is Snifty…” The young vixen made an exasperated face, “And Osotickeallenai(OH-SO-TICK-AY-LEN-AY)” The girl sneered “Call him Tick for short!” The young dog-fox made two high-pitched yaps and a gurgling noise, his teeth were bared. Moony led me into a new place, “And this, it Tike” She flicked her tail towards a handsome suspicious looking dog-fox(An adult one), “Moony, this is the son of… him… Why-?...” Moony paid no attention. I looked up into the fierce eyes of the fox “H-hello, Tike” I whispered, shivering again, Tike shot me a glare, but showed no signs of attacking me. Moony padded back to Snifty and Tick (Who were yelling insults at each other), turned sharply, and made for an empty room, she picked up a stick close to the entrance of the room “be right back…” She padded off to the first room and soon bounded back with the stick on fire, she ran into the room and threw the stick into a slight dip in the middle of the room, a moment later I realized the hole was filled with sticks and grass (which illuminated), to the corner of the room was a pile of shrubs and moss, “go to sleep, its late…” She padded out of the room and started to scold the pups. I stepped into the wad of herbs and leaves, slowly I lay down, It was really really soft, I wanted to lie there forever and ever, but the instant I thought that, I was asleep, I dreamed about a girl who was holding a badger in her arms, the badger looks up at her and I notice a wound in its side, the girl squeezes the badger, then I woke up to the sound of growling, it took a few seconds for me to realize the sound was my stomach! I got up and looked around, I blinked, suddenly I remembered that I was in the fox’s den, I walked out of the room sleepily, and jumped when Snifty came out of nowhere, “Oh, hello son of Hunter…” She said, giving me a suspicious glare, Moony came into the room, “’Morning” she said, apparently wide awake, “Would you like something to eat?” “Yes please” I said, forgetting about the rabbit and fox book all of a sudden, she just looked so happy, “Snifty?” Moony turned to the she-fox “Where’s Osotickeallenai?” Snifty looked over to her mother “Outside” She said, grumpily, Moony turned to me “Do you want some fhif? Or a piece of chicken?” I jumped, remembering last night, “Daddy’s chicken?” I said softly, “Yeah, what did you expect? Hunter eats them” She turned, “Snifty go get a white stalk, water, moon leaves, and mouse-seeds so we can make some fhif for the kid” Snifty nodded and walked towards the entrance, I turned to Moony, “…M-Moony, what, what’s fhif?” Moony looked at me, she blinked, “You’ll see” She said, a flicker of amusement in her voice. Soon Snifty returned with a wad of herbs, she dropped them and went to the corner of the den, there stood dads missing pan! Snifty picked it up by the handle and started outside, later she returned with the pan full of water, she puts it down and starts to light a fire, I get distracted by a mouse in the den, it shoots past me, then stops, crawling back to me it squeaks:(In a very mean-sort of voice, kind of like the bullies at my school) “Hey, kid, your Hunters son, eh? You gots a plan to get rid of those foxes?” He makes a weird sort of evil laugh while crawling away, “Oh no you don’t, Menstle!!” Moony launches herself into the air with her hind paws, “You’re not getting away now!” “Watch me!” Menstle taunts, but it’s too late, Moony pins him down and shows her teeth, “Thief!” She cries, “Wh-what do you mean, uh, madam? Heh heh… I’m uh, not a thief… I’m a pure, uh, honest, uh…?” He smiles unconvincingly, Moony shakes her whole body, causing Menstle to vibrate, “I left part of my chicken out for Snifty and Osotickeallenai to eat in the morning and Snifty claims it was gone when she woke up!!” Menstle looks up, “Wasn’t me” Moony growls, “Ahh! OK! OK!” Menstle flinches, “I leave you alone, I do, Just lemme go!!” He squirms, “Let me go you stinky, oversized-” Moony snarls and Menstle squeals, his eyes round, “Why would we want to do that?” Snifty hops over, “You stole my breakfast, I need a new one, and you fit perfectly!” She drools on purpose and advances of Menstle. “No no see I needed MY breakfast an’-” Moony growls, “What’s wrong with stealing your own chicken!?” “Let him go!” I blurt out, but the instant I say that I regret it, Menstle looks at me with angry eyes, “Yeah, yeah, do what the kid says!” “Fine then!” Moony Lifts a paw up and brings it down fiercely, whacking Menstle across the room, he hits the edge, scrambles up, and breaks for the door, calling loudly, “Ha, Ha, Ha!” Moony sniffs angrily, Snifty makes goofy face and starts mouthing the words: “Let me go you oversized fox! Duuhhh!!” Moony rolled her eyes, but it was obvious she didn’t mind Snifty insulting Menstle, “Would you like some fhif?” Moony asks, I look at her, “Uhh, yes please…” Moony goes over and grabs the rusty handle of dad’s pan, she brings it over to me, it looks like a brown mixture with steam coming off of it, I pick it up and look at Moony, “Go ahead” She nods, “We share everything we have!” I smile and take a sip, at first I think it tastes kind of like seeds, but then suddenly it tastes so good, indescribably good, it was warm and… well, tasty, I licked my lips clean and took another sip, “Chicken?” I don’t know who’s talking because there is a pan over my face, I put it down and laugh, “Um, yes please Moony!” I wonder what chicken tastes like? I got a feather in my mouth, maybe it tastes like that! Moony brings in a brown, naked thing, I look at her strangely, she says, “I plucked, heated, and soaked it last night!” She tears off a chunk and passes it to me, I take a bite, it tastes good, and I look up at Moony, “Thank you!” I say, we watch each other for a moment, then I suddenly stand up and rush over to Moony and hug her, she makes a surprised gasping noise, and then we just stand there, suddenly I hear a BANG! And a yelping cry of pain, the kind that makes your stomach feel like there’s a sword in it, Moony knocks me over and runs like a mad cow out the exit, calling out: “Osotickeallenai!! Osotickeallenai!!!” I scramble up the tunnel, “Stay back!!” Moony snaps fiercely, I glance up and see my dad!! My DAD! Pointing his gun at Osotickeallenai! “Dad!!!” I whisper scaredly, he doesn’t hear me, Osotickeallenai lets out another cry of pain and I notice a red half-moon-shaped wound on the edge of his front leg where all the fur had been torn off like someone had jabbed a stick through it! Moony suddenly leaps in front of Osotickeallenai, her ears lain back and her lips drawn out, showing all her teeth she snarls, dad laughs and points his gun in the air, firing it to make Moony nervous, she doesn’t budge, dad points his gun at Moony, I squeeze my eyes shut, I hear another BANG! A thud, and then silence, I wait a few seconds before daring to open my eyes, Snifty peeks out of the den and I shove her down, my eyes blurred in tears I don’t know what’s happening, I blink twice and feel I’m about to faint in relief, Tike was on top of dad, his muscles keeping the grown man pinned to the ground, Moony was panting, her eyes were round, dads rifle was a few feet away from him, Osotickeallenai was slowly tumbling his way closer to the den, everyone was silent except for Moony’s panting, then Snifty broke it by jumping out: “YOU SICK, TWISTED, BIG-HEADED, DODO-BRAINED, Grrrr!! YOU WOLF! YOU FALCON! YOU MELDED RAT PACK(Which were actually bad swear words in fox world), YOU- YOU-!!” “Quit yapping you vile vermin” Dad snapped… I took a step forward, “…Dad?” Dad turned his head “…Son..?” I thought I heard disappointment in his voice, “Son, you are in big trouble, running away like that, huh! When we get home I’ll-” “There won’t be a ‘When I get home’” I said in a shaky, firm voice, “You tried to kill these foxes, KILL them, father!” I glared, “These foxes treated me better then you ever did!!” Dad gave me his ‘evil eye’, but I knew he couldn’t hurt me from under Tike, “Son” Dad said in a angry, ‘trying not to flip out’ voice, “Hand me, my gun!” this is the voice he used when he started to get really mad, I went over to the gun, picked it up, made a disgusted face clearly so dad would see it, then slammed the gun on the ground and jumped on top of it, making grunting, angry noises, “hey, h-HEY! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!” Dad yelled, Tike growled at him and he flinched, just like Menstle did. “NO!” I shouted and stomped even harder, “This is but a stupid weapon of destruction!!” I grabbed it and tossed it into the wood, HARD, “your mean dad!! This little fox was a really good fighter when I first saw him, now he might not be able to walk ever again!!” Osotickeallenai let out a cry of pain purposely and whined a little. I started to shake with anger, “These foxes did nothing! And you tried to kill them! There fur is soft, and there hearts are gentle, they let the mouse go even though it taunted them over and over, AND stole her breakfast!” I pointed to Snifty, who growled, “They stole our chicken..!” Dad said, obviously surprised, “THEY STOLE YOUR CHICKEN SO THEY COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT! ITS HARD TO GO PAST A PERSON WHO IS JUST SITTING THERE WAITING TO KILL A FOX!!! BUT TIKE DID!!!” I took a breath, “Tike did, for his family, dad…” Dad stared at me, “Stephan, you come home, this instant!!” I looked at him gravely, “Why? You don’t want me back home!” Dad looked at me with disbelief, “Its just… ugh! Your mom’s been freaking out all night!!” I turned away, “Maybe I’ll come home, if you quit hunting and work at a wildlife shelter!” I ran up to Osotickeallenai and grabbed him, I looked at him a moment and then squeezed him, I carried him down the foxhole, he whimpered, I put him down softly, I heard a “WHOOP!” From outside and saw Snifty running towards me, Moony followed, and Tike padded up to me, he looked me in the eye, dipped his head, and then, to my amazement, he leapt at me, knocking me over, I laughed and hugged him, smiling with all my might!

Epilogue

“err, I’m supposed to do what!?” the man said, his face scrunched up, he was holding a grey squirrel and the sound of chattering proved there was more than one squirrel in the room, a woman made a *tsk tsk* Noise and carefully grabbed the squirrel, wrapping its leg gently with a tissue, “If you want to take Wildlife Care, you should at least know how to deal with a broken leg!!” She stalked off to the medication room, holding the squirrel carefully in one hand, “Yeah, BONEHEAD!” Another squirrel called, but the man, didn’t notice

The End

AUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I LEFT OUT THE PARAGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D8
Shadowlover2000
Shadowlover2000
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Empty Re: Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!)

Post by catbuster 3/8/2010, 12:41 pm

Ummm, could you go back and do the paragraphs I think my brain might explode if I try to read all of this without them D:
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowlover2000 3/9/2010, 1:40 pm

I know XD
Shadowlover2000
Shadowlover2000
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 3/9/2010, 2:28 pm

I read it. Smile My head didn't explode! Very Happy
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Siggy Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Siggy Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Siggy Mr. fox (Yay! I posted it!) Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowlover2000 3/10/2010, 12:14 pm

yaaaaay!
Shadowlover2000
Shadowlover2000
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down