The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amped up (Chapter 4 posted)

+2
catbuster
shortcake_81095
6 posters

Go down

Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) Empty Amped up (Chapter 4 posted)

Post by shortcake_81095 2/2/2010, 5:55 pm

Chapter 1
The Calling

I woke up screaming yet again. Something was coming, I could feel it. I sat up in my bed just in time for my mom to call me to breakfast. As I walk down the stairs I run into my sister rowan. Watch where you’re going Calvin! She screams at me from across the hall. What an ugly little harpy, and yet all the guys in school are dying to hook up with her. It’s a mystery I’ll never solve. I sit down at the dinner table. My mom and dad were fighting… again. There was certain hostility in the air. Even Yoko, my pet hamster was hiding in the corner of her cage. But then again she was only a hamster. That’s what they do right? Hide in the corner, scared of the big bad world. Like most people – Calvin! – Darn! I hate incomplete thoughts! – Calvin!! – What mom?! – You seem a little… off today… That was it? I thought to myself. She thinks I’m acting strange… ha! I wonder why? Maybe it’s because of my increasingly disturbing dreams of an impending doom? Maybe it’s because life is rapidly losing its sparkle. I’m spiraling out of control into a deep dark abyss, and when I land at the bottom of the vast nothingness no one can save me. I go to gather my things, for what will surely be yet another overly dramatic day in Lockhart High School. As I walk out the door I can vaguely hear the sound of my mom telling me to stay out of trouble. As usual I roll my eyes at the painfully obvious things she tells me.

Walking to school, I notice trivial things. A couple of little girls arguing over who is better at hop scotch, a cat climbing a tree, a man washing his car, and that’s when it happened. Some people don’t believe in love at first sight, but that’s just because those very unlucky people have never experienced it before. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Short, but slender. Long curly red hair, that looked like an untamable fire that both scared and intrigued me. She carried herself in a most confidant posture, somewhat like a ballerina. But her face was what interested me the most, her eyes were the deepest green with slight creases at the corners, which made me think she was a joyful person that had seen a lot of happiness. Lips that would make u think of pink roses in full bloom. Fair skin with freckles dotted across her face as if the angels painted them that way themselves.

Then I noticed her backpack. She was walking to school just like me. I wanted to talk to her so much that it almost broke my heart. Just as I got enough courage to talk to her, her friend walked up beside her and they started to talk. The sound of her voice made me weak, and her laugh was like the tinkling of a bell. It made me happy just to be able to hear it. As I walked up to the school, I heard the first bell ring and the girl and her friend hurried off to class. She had left me, and taken her cloud of beauty and happiness with her. I suddenly felt as if I had fallen back into the black abyss. I knew at that exact moment that she was it, my helping hand the one to save me from the dark impending doom. But I still couldn’t shake the feeling of hostility. It was like something was going to happen today something, terrible.

As usual I was late to first period. So Mrs. Amaya, the Spanish teacher gave me the best “I’m extremely disappointed in you” look she could possibly muster. I was doodling on a sheet of paper so intently I almost didn’t hear the teacher dismissing us. Adios! She said to everybody. some of the more enthusiastic students would answer but most would just gather they’re things and leave. Can you blame them? I walk to my second period. Science, what a depressing subject I think to myself as I open the door, and there she was, sitting at my table. I was immediately lifted out of the abyss. I walked into the room and took the seat next to her. She turned to me and smiled as she took the books from her backpack. When I could finally breathe again I turned to her and said hi my name is Calvin. She turned to me and said hello Calvin, I’m Willow as she smiled sweetly. Willow, I thought as I smiled to myself, what a fitting name. Mr. Snodgrass interrupted my thoughts with the announcement of experiment. As he brings around the beakers and test tubes with the chemicals, willow tells me about how much she loves science. I make a mental note to not forget that. We start the experiment by opening the book to page 138, and reading the instructions.

Right as I start to read the instructions out loud all I hear is a scream for help. Everything after that is a complete blur, flashing lights, loud cries for mercy, people running around like headless chickens, and my sweet willow hiding under a table. I quickly joined her and without thinking put my arms around her in a protective gesture. Darkness surrounded us, as well as fire, crumbling walls, and bodies, So many dead bodies. Willow was on the ground, no doubt unconscious, so I lie down next to her and pass out as well.

Chapter 2
The awakening

So much running, I’m terrified I said to the child next to me. Please help me! She also would not answer me. For so long it’s been this way, mostly because the creature had taken away that ability. So I leave the child to her own business and wander the crumbling remains that was once a cheerful neighborhood. It was very quiet which made nervous, so I grabbed the buck knife from my pocket. It was the only sort of weapon I could find since the world decided to turn upside down. I spun around fast, and there it was right in front of me. The beast, it’s much uglier than they say it is. It was tall, nearly 8ft. It stood on hind legs, but had hooves like a horse. It had a tail, somewhat like a rat’s. It was furry like a bear all over, except on his face. His head was no doubt the size of a large pumpkin, and his eyes were like a cat’s, but were slits like a snake’s, and were the ugliest shade of bright yellow. His ears were pointed, and his teeth were like that of a wolf’s. He stared down at me, and I could feel his breath on my face.

He opened his mouth to speak, but when he spoke it surprised me. Instead of the voice of a thousand demons, I heard willow’s sweet musical voice. Wake up! She said with a slight giggle. Come on! I even made you breakfast! Then a sigh, she was disappointed. I had disappointed her; it was torture to hear that so I slowly opened my eyes. There she was, right in front of me. It was overwhelming, the sweet aroma of her breath in my face, her eyes big and round with excitement, and the most beautiful smile stretched across her face. He’s awake! She shouted, and then all at once about 10 people rushed into the room. All of them perfect strangers, but it didn’t matter. I was with willow and she was obviously happy to see that I was ok, which made me feel like a million bucks. Open wide sleepy eyes! She said as she got a spoonful of food, and fed me until I said I was strong enough to do it on my own. Which I admit was long before I actually said anything. It was a while before I worked up the courage to ask what had happened. But when I asked she seemed scared, all she said was that I was out for 5 days and that I should probably take it easy for a while.

Huh, she ignored me, I thought. Then a guy I named Mathew that I recognized from school had came up to me and apologized on her behalf. That what happened had scared her so much that she refused to think about it. Then proceeded to tell me that “all HEAVEN! had broke loose” literally. So you mean to tell me demons are running around and we’re just lying around in a shack for them to come find us? No! Mathew said rather defensively. "This “shack” is a fool proof"! "These walls are 3ft thick, nothing comes in or out"! He shouted at me in a fierce way. Whoa dude! I said, Calm down, I just woke up and found out the world is ending! Cut me some slack! "Oh… sorry, man". He said apologetically, everyone is on edge right now. Yeah, no kidding, I thought.

“Dinner time you guys!” Willow shouted from the kitchen. I limped into the kitchen to help Willow set the table, but she made me sit down. She served me a plate of chicken and green beans, and I imagined a world that wasn’t ending, a world where Willow and I would’ve been allowed to fall in love slowly. But that was never going to happen now, because the world we live in now is too dangerous for love.

I began to eat my food even though I wasn’t hungry. Who knows when we would eat again? When there was a loud knocking on the door. “OPEN THE DATENUTS! DOOR!” shouted someone from the other side. “THEY’RE RIGHT BEHIND ME!” Mathew ran to the door to look through the peep hole as I got Willow to hide. “False alarm guys” Mathew said from down the hall as he opened the door. “He’s a survivor”. “Geez, what took ya so long?” said the stranger. “The names Rouge”, he said as he winked at Willow. To my absolute horror Willow giggled and waved at him. “Why don’t you come and sit down Rouge?” said Willow in a flirtatious voice.

I can’t really blame her though. The guy was beautiful. His hair was dusty blonde, and had piercing blue eyes. He was much more muscular I me, and obviously Willow liked him more than me.

Chapter 3
The search

I woke up earlier than usual, my nightmares were becoming more and more detailed and even more disturbing. I walked into the kitchen to see if Willow was making breakfast, only to find her and Rouge talking at the table. With no breakfast… so I go to the cabinet to get some food, and there is none. Willow where’s all the food? “Oh we’re out” she said so calm that it made me sick. Well what are we going to do now?!? I asked in a panic. “Dude chill out, we’ll be fine” said rouge. Um no! We won’t be fine! Because last time I checked rouge, you need food to live! “Calvin calm down, Rouge already said he would go and find food for us” Willow said with a smile. “He’s so brave!” yeah he’s super dooper brave! I said in a sarcastic tone. Willow shot me an annoyed look, and I looked back at her with puppy dog eyes and a boo boo lip. Then mouthed an apology, she smiled that heart-stopping smile of hers, and said “apology accepted” rather reluctantly. I laughed, so what about this mission for food I asked.

Are you the only one going? “Ha-ha about that, I was actually hoping that you would come with me Calvin?” WHAT!? ME?! I asked in disbelief. “Oh no you don’t Rough, you said that you were gonna go alone so that nobody would get hurt” Willow said in a tone that made my heart race. Why did she want him to go by himself? Did she want him to leave? Did she want to be alone with me? I thought she like Rouge. So many questions raced back and forth through my mind. I almost didn’t notice Willow agree to go with Rouge. Wait! WHAT?! You’re not going with him Willow! “Why not?!” she asked. Because you’ll get hurt Willow! I responded in a panicky voice. “You know what Calvin? I really don’t care anymore!” “We’re all gonna die anyways. I mean, hello! The world is ending!” she shouted as tears began to run down her face. I desperately wanted to say something to make her feel better but I was at a loss for words.

Without thinking I slowly walked towards her and hugged her in a comforting gesture. It’s gonna be ok Willow, don’t worry. I’ll figure something out, I promise. “How do you know Calvin? How do you know everything will be ok?” she asked between sobs. “He doesn’t know” Shutup Rouge. I said starting to get annoyed. She’s obviously scared and she has reason to be! Our families are dead, we’re out of food, and we’re all a bit sleep deprived. Can’t you be a little more sensitive? “Oh excuse me, for not acting like the Jonas brothers. I’ll try to remember that in the future.” He said in a tone dripping with sarcasm.

Look Willow you’re not going to go with him alone, I’m coming too “Whoa really?” Rouge asked. Sure. I said reluctantly, but there was no way that Willow was going with him by herself. I have a bad feeling about Rouge, but I can’t quite figure out what.

Packing was nerve racking, I didn’t really know what we were up against so I packed the biggest knife from the kitchen I could find. Which admittedly was still too small? “Are you ready yet?” called Rouge from the living room. Urgh, I suppose I was, I walked into the living room with my bag and hugged everyone goodbye. We walk out the door and begin to talk about our plan. “Listen up ‘cause I’m only gonna say this once, there’s a grocery store across town. If everything goes successfully we can be home late tonight.” “Ok I trust you Rouge” said Willow in a seductive voice, as I rolled my eyes. She was a beautiful and smart girl, she was just making some pretty screwed up choices. As we were walking I was shocked to notice that Lockhart looked exactly like my nightmares. I saw familiar faces lying dead on the ground, and the beautiful buildings that once stood tall were now just piles of black ashes.

Later we finally get to the store and something occurred to me. Rouge, what if this is where the creatures are hiding? “Well we didn’t come all this way for nothing.” I guess I answered as we walked inside. Alright guys, lets just get what we need and get out. “Good idea” answered Rouge in a sarcastic tone. What was that? Willow whispered in a panicked voice. I don’t hear anything, I answered. “No, I hear it too” said Rouge. Hello! We all spun around fast to see a short little bald man, with a long jet black beard and a matching mustache. “HA!!! Look Calvin it’s your twin!”

“Well I don’t know about that, because I already have a twin” said the man in a Mexican accent. “I’m Calvo and this is my twin sister Bennie.” He said as he held up a burrito “Yeah, he is definitely your twin Calvin” said Rouge. “Oh my God” I said we all looked up to see the biggest ugliest creature I had ever seen. Shivers ran down my spine and gave me goose bumps, when I realized that it looked exactly like the demons in my nightmares. It picked up Calvo with one hand used the other to slit Calvo’s throat with his blackened, blood stained claws. We were starting to back away when we bumped into something. We all turned around to see another demon. I had been right; this was where they were hiding. Now we were all going to die. The last thing I heard was the gurgled cry of pain from calvo, the terrible crunching of bones, and my sweet Willow screaming my name. I let go of everything else and savored the sound of her voice for a second then let the darkness swallow me whole.

Chapter 4
the escape

Willow

Calvin! I screamed, the figures were closing in on me, cornering me like a wild animal. Adrenaline is starting to kick in, wait where is Rouge? He left… he left me all alone, he left me to die, and worst of all Calvin was right. Rouge was everything Calvin had said he was. He was strange, and weird, and mean, and I’ve been tricked. My heart suddenly felt as if it had fallen into my stomach, I couldn’t breathe, and a demon was coming at me. It stopped about 3 inches in front of my face and screamed, my knees went weak, the demon had me by the throat and it was as if time had stood still. i was thinking clearer than I ever thought possible, when my thoughts were interrupted by a sudden scream “WILLOW!” Calvin had woken up and he was going to save me!

The demon dropped me and I fell to the ground. I crawled away, and tried to control my breathing, but I bumped into something. It was Calvin, he was still unconsious? Who was screaming my name? I looked up to see Rouge fighting of the demons in a way I hadn’t thought possible. He was glowing! It was a goldish colour my mind almost couldn’t comprehend. Wait, his feet aren’t touching the ground? He’s floating??? My heart starts beating faster and I scream. But it was over, all the creatures are gone and im still terrified.

Oh no, Rouge is walking towards me. I feel sick. What are you? I asked. “I am a servant of God, I am an angel”. The room started spin and darkness surrounded me, and all I could feel was Rouge’s protective arms around me, and I wanted him to let go.

Rouge

Willow? Hmmm, she’s out… Her injuries are minor… What to do. What to do. Hmmm… I supose I should get her outta here first… I should probably get calvin too I thought as a rolled my eyes. She would be mad if I left him. So I scoop up Willow and cradle her with one arm, and grab Calvin’s ankle and drag him across the store. THUNK! Oops… He hit his head on the door… Oh well, stupid human probably deserved it anyways… Ok, we’re outta the HEAVEN! hole now…But I cant carry willow rest of the way… Choices. Choices.

I could leave them here… That’s not really a choice though, i’ve become much too attached to Willow. I could leave calvin, but that’s almost worse, she would hate me. Nah, its definitely not worth it. Hmmm… I could steal a car... Yeah, that could work.
I scaned the parking lot looking for something, and wicked smile streached across my face. That black mustang would be VERY nice I thought to myself.

Calvin

Urgh… My eyes flutter open and im streatched out across the back seat of a black mustang. Ouch! My hand immediately flew to my head. Huh, I must’ve hit it when I passed out. I sat up to see Rouge in the driver’s seat and Willow next to him passed out in the passenger seat. I looked out the window, and we weren’t in Lockhart anymore. Rouge where are we? “Houston” he replied. Well, why aren’t we going back to the safe houe? “Its not safe anymore” so, then where are we going? “I don’t know yet”

frustrated with my lack of answers to the millions of questions I still had, I laid back down and listened to the sound of Willow’s breathing and fell asleep despite the uncertainty of the situation, I trusted Rouge not to kill me… yet.

Last edited by shortcake_81095 on 6/11/2010, 3:08 pm; edited 6 times in total
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) Empty Re: Amped up (Chapter 4 posted)

Post by catbuster 2/2/2010, 6:03 pm

Yay! I really like it, sounds creepy and awesome!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/2/2010, 6:59 pm

Wow, you have an intriguing story! You did a good job with the detail. ^^ It was a little hard to read, though, since your chapters are just a big block of text; you didn't use quotation marks to point out when somebody's speaking, and you didn't divide it into paragraphs. Smile Perhaps for your next chapter you could try doing so?

Keep writing! ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 1312Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 2412Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 3349Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 3548Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 2/2/2010, 11:34 pm

thank you!!! Smile this is really the first time i've ever tryed to write anything so its nice to know i didn't completely screw up! but there is a sentence in here where it says "all HEAVEN! broke loose" and HEAVEN! shows up as HEAVEN! is there a reason for that? lol
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 2/2/2010, 11:35 pm

hahaha!!! it did it again! lol!
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/3/2010, 12:04 pm

Haha, that's the censor Madi Shad put those in place watch. Moby WHALES! HEAVEN! and other things like that, it's ok we will know what your ACTUALLY trying to say XD.
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 2/3/2010, 6:24 pm

lol ok! =]
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 2/4/2010, 12:20 am

yay! i just posted the rest of chapter 2!!! Very Happy
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells 2/4/2010, 12:27 am

Whoa. Veeeeery intriguing. O.O It actually makes me think of "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. Amazing, though! Write more! You did excellent with all the detail.
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 868

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/4/2010, 12:32 am

Ooh, I likey so this was the guy we talked about?
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 2/4/2010, 1:07 pm

thank you!!! i have actually never read that book, and yes this is the charater we talked about lol do u like him???
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/4/2010, 2:18 pm

Oooh, I sense drama . . . I think it's really cool how you have this fantasy/adventure-type story while at the same time incorporate the romantic aspect. ^^ Good job!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 1312Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 2412Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 3349Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 3548Amped up (Chapter 4 posted) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/4/2010, 6:28 pm

Awesome, the way you described him it does sound like he is...OOP! Almost spoiled it silent
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/4/2010, 7:34 pm

Sensational and staggering. Well done! smiley
Keep it up, as well.
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by almightykey 2/9/2010, 1:38 pm

madi why didn't you tell me you could write like this. i love it its awesome!!!!!!
almightykey
almightykey
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 79

http://justforjokes.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 2/9/2010, 2:51 pm

aww! thanks manda!!! i really dont think its THAT good. but im glad you
like it!
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by almightykey 2/11/2010, 12:58 am

el calvo and his trusty twin bennie!!! i love it madi!! you need to write more now. i need to know what happens next!!!
almightykey
almightykey
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 79

http://justforjokes.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/12/2010, 7:13 pm

OH MY GOSH, that was epic Madi!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 2/13/2010, 1:18 am

aww! thanks emma! =]
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake_81095 6/11/2010, 3:27 pm

wooo! chapter four is up! lol after like 4 months of not writing..... XD
shortcake_81095
shortcake_81095
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 6/12/2010, 1:00 pm

Yay! I really liked it Madi, I'm glad you came back to this.
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down