The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted]

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Empty The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted]

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/5/2010, 12:51 pm

Maturity: It's pretty kid friendly, maybe some holding hands Fantasy: It's about a teenage spy, I think that settles it.

This is my first story here on TWIG, hope you like it!

The Life of a Teenage Spy

Chapter 1
What is a Spy?

What is a spy? My name is Enna Harrison, and what I'm about to tell you I very top secret. So top secret, I could get in trouble for just telling you it's top secret! OK, so I'm exaggerating, if it were that secret I'd be dead by now. And that's why I can tell you, people already know about it, a lot of people, but don't believe it even though it's true and- I'm gonna stop now. And if you think that you have a big secret, why don't you compare it to mine. For I, Enna Amelia Harrison, am one of the world's greatest teenage spies.

Your probably thinking, 'You have got to be kidding me!' but I'm not. Spies are real, what do you think the CIA and the FBI are? They are spies, spies in disguise, spies in training. Your probably wondering why I'm a full fledged spy? Because my parents are the world's top spies, I come in second compared to them. I also had to take on the family business, I just had to choose a side. You see, my mother and my father come from different sides. But now they work together, except now I have to choose who I will be joining we I get older.

Don't get confused, this is just my way to get away with stuff. The more confusing I am, the easier things are. People will tell you anything if you are completely random and confusing. No, I didn't learn that in my training, I'm just naturally confusing. So, now that I've spun you around until you are dizzy I shall continue with the real story

.oOo.oOo.

I woke up on Easter Sunday, it's the year 2009. I walked downstairs and once again, nothing from either of my parents. What use is celebrating Easter if you don't even celebrate it. I grabbed the jug of milk from the fridge and a box of cereal. I poured them into a bowl and got a spoon. I sat down at the table and started eating. The house was completely quite except for the neighbors dog.

“Shut up you stupid mutt.” I muttered. My parents were probably off on a 'business trip' which is what they tell the neighbors. Whenever I go on a mission, oh who am I kidding, I told you I was one of the world's greatest teenage spies right, I lied. I haven't gone on a mission in years because I fail every one of them. I may have passed my spy training, but that wasn't as real as the real thing. And the random thing? That actually doesn't work, I almost got myself killed because of it.

“Enna! Time to go!” I heard my best friend Crystal shout from outside. I checked my watch and ran upstairs to change. After I changed into my usual t-shirt and jeans I ran back down grabbed my backpack and ran outside to meet Crystal at the bus stop.

“Sorry, I forgot about to today. I was enjoying the silence of an empty house.” I said sarcastically gasping for air.

“I'm guessing your parents are on another 'business trip'?” Crystal asked, she knew my family were spies.

“Yeah, and forgot about Easter again.” I sighed looking at my high tops.

“Enna, it's been ten years since they last got you and Easter present, I'd think you would have given up on it already.” Cyrstal said with an annoyed look.

“Yeah, but I just can't help thinking maybe they have gotten me something, and just never had the time to give it to me.” I said as the bus came up.

“Ladies.” The bus driver said as we got on board.

“Mr. Henry.” Crystal and I said.

.oOo.oOo.

We got to where we were going after taking two bus rides and our bikes. We hoped of the bikes and crawled through the trees in the near by woods. Well, if you consider ten miles near by. We reached an opening in the trees where we had build a two story tree house. We climbed up the ladder into the first. Crystal put the snacks she brought in the cardboard box we used as a table. I climbed up another ladder to the second story which was basically just a lookout where I set up a video camera to keep an eye on things. I played the tape. After I finished watching it and went back down to show Crystal.

“Well, so far we've caught eight deer, ten rabbits, a raccoon, and this.” I showed her a certain part of the tape were two adults walked past the tree house.

“That's your parents.” Crystal said confused.

“Yes, and even more strange is this is three days ago, my parents didn't leave until last night. This is their usual path sneaking back and forth from missions, except I didn't see them come back. And then I wound to last night and there still wasn't anything.” I said looking at the video of my parents.

“Maybe they used a different route.” Crystal suggested.

“No, they never have.” I told her.

“Enna, your parents are spies, perhaps they decided to mix it up a little.” Crystal insisted.

“Crystal, spaghetti every night for dinner, showers at a certain time, no wrinkles on any of thee clothes, you know my parents and they just don't mix it up, even if they are spies.” I explained to her.

“Your right, but even still, maybe they went a different way this time because maybe being perfect all the time got 'em into some trouble.” Crystal suggested.

I looked at Crystal both annoyed and terrified, “Don't ever say that! I realize they are the best spies iin the world, but just thinking about what could happen.”

“It could happed to you too.” Crystal said.

“No! It won't because I'm not allowed on missions.” I said looking over at the camera, “They just, got a little lost that's all.” I said nervously.

“Then why doesn't it show them leaving last night?” Crystal asked me. I wouldn't answer, I couldn't answer, I didn't answer.

Chapter 2
A Question Unanswered.

I watched sat in my house watching Disney Channel later that day, so many questions running through my head. But the most brain ratting question seemed to be the easiest to answer, yet so hard to figure out.

“Who are my parents?” I asked myself again. I switched the channel to HBO Family and sat there watching the most boring movies in the history of boring. Then I heard the doorbell ring, “Coming!” I called out.

I got to the door and looked through the peep hole. There was nobody there. I opened the door and saw a letter on the welcome mat. I picked it up, it was addressed to me. I sighed and tossed it on the counter.

.oOo.oOo.

It had gotten late, midnight to be exact. My eyes kept moving towards the letter on the counter. I turned back to the TV, until I finally remembered I had school in the morning.

“Shoot!” I exclaimed as I ran upstairs and quickly changed into my night clothes. I came back down to get my usual glass of milk when I noticed the letter again. I reached to pick it up but pulled back, “Why are you so afraid of it, Enna!” I said finally picking it up.

I broke the seal and pulled out half of a white sheet of paper with fine hand writing on the front.

“Spy.” I murmured. We were trained to change our hand writing, I recognized this one though. It was a girl I had trained with, her name was Cassie. She had been best in class and nominated president of T.N.S.P.Y., which stands for The Nation of Spy Persons Youth, not very well thought, huh?

I pulled the whole letter out of the envelope and began to read.

Dear, Enna Amelia Harrison

We are sorry to inform you that in all the confusion your parents have disappeared. We sent in our two second best agents in to help keep an I on you until you have reached the reasonable age of eighteen.

Sincerely,
Cassie Burke, President of T.N.S.P.Y.

P.S. This letter was sent January 24, 1999.

I almost screamed as I read the very end of the letter, my parents had been missing for ten years of my life! And now I was beginning to wonder what had happened with my fake parents, why they didn't show up again in the video. Was someone trying to mess with me?

.oOo.oOo.

I changed into my school uniform the next morning and waited for the bus. I watched it pull up and looked around for Crystal.

“Are you coming!” I heard the bratty voice of our new bus driver.

“Sorry, I was waiting for my friend, I guess she's running late.” I said getting on board.

“Hurry up girl, I have a date in fifteen minutes!” She said in her gruff voice.

“Who'd wanna date that?” I thought to myself.

The bus started up as I walked towards the back where Crystal and I usually sat, but she wasn't there. I fell forward as the bus came to a screeching halt.

“Get on boy!” The bus driver screamed.

“I'm sorry,” He said getting on board.

“I don't know why you couldn't walk, you've got legs and you were running after the bus just fine.” I heard the driver complain.

“I'm starting to wonder how she got the job in the first place.” Said the boy, his name was Micheal Bridges. He was my second best friend, Crystal being my first.

“I'm wondering how she got a date.” I laughed as we sat down.

“Where's Crystal?” Micheal asked with a puzzled look.

“I don't know, maybe she's home sick or something?” I suggested, but I too was wondering the same thing. First my parents, now Crystal. Maybe she was right, maybe someone was out to get me. But why?

These thoughts ran through my head the whole bus ride. I looked out the window and saw we had arrived at one of the most awful places I have ever been, Margaret Houston's School for Gifted Children.

Chapter 3
Margaret Houston's School for Gifted Children.

More like school for children forced to be what their parents want them to. Everyone here had a story. I for instance am a spy, you already know that.

Micheal's parents are musicians, and want Micheal to be a musician too. They have him learning how to play guitar, piano, violin, and every other possible instrument you can think of. But Micheal can't convince his parents he doesn't want to be a musician.

Crystal has been learning ballet since she was three and teaching it since she was seven. She acts so dainty and delicate around her family and people who don't know her, but inside she's a tomboy trying to squirm out of a tutu.

I turned and saw Cassie Burke, yes, she goes to our school. About half of the students at Margaret Houston's School for Gifted Children are spies. Margaret Houston herself was a spy.

“Enna, is something wrong?” Micheal asked.

“No, I'm fine, I just gotta go talk to Cassie.” I said running towards her.

“OK.” Micheal said walking towards the school.

“Cassie!” I said running up to her, “What's with the letter from T.N.S.P.Y. that was written ten years ago about my parents disappearance?” I asked her.

“Oh hello Enna, what letter? And your parents didn't disapper Enna, they went on a mission the other day.” Cassie said confused.

“Then how come it is signed by you?” I asked pulling the letter out of my pocket and handing it to her,

“This isn't my hand writing.” Cassie said.

“Are you sure? It's signed by you and I'd recognize it anywhere!” I insisted.

“No, it's my mother's hand writing, I was named after her.” Cassie said handing the letter back to me.

“You mean your mother was President of T.N.S.P.Y.?” I asked Cassie and thought to myself “No wonder you were elected president.”

“Yes, she resigned ten years ago when she turned twenty.” Cassie told me.

“But your fourteen.” I said.

“Long story. My mom was on a mission when she sixteen and met this guy-” Cassie was interrupted by the bell.

“Oh shoot!” I said running to class.

.oOo.oOo.

At lunch I went to go find Cassie, I went to her usual table but no one was there. I looked for Micheal but he was gone. So I decided to sit alone at an empty table.

“Hey, that's our table.” A bunch of science geeks came up and said, “So move!”

“Fine, I don't wanna have to hurt anybody.” I said getting my food and leaving, “Nerds.”

After I finally found a spot to sit lunch was already over. I grumbled as I made my way to class, only there was one problem-

“These next few weeks class, we are going to get ready for our annual Shakespeare play!” Our teacher Mr. Leslie said, I heard the whole class moan.

“Oh don't worry, this year it won't be Romeo and Juliet, this year we will be doing Twelfth Night.” Mr. Leslie explained, the whole class cheered by the sound gave me a headache because-

“Enna, come up here and read these lines from the play.” Mr. Leslie called out.

“I have a headache Mr. Leslie, I don't think I c-”

“No excuses! Get up here now Enna Harrison!” Mr. Leslie exclaimed, the class giggled. I walked up and grabbed the sheet of paper Mr. Leslie was holding, then began to read.

“If music be the food of love play on; Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken, and so die. That strain again! It ... It had a d-dying, a dying ...” I almost forgot to tell you, if I don't eat at certain times, I get a headache, then drowsy, then eventually, “A dying fall ...” I pass out.

.oOo.oOo.

I woke up in the nurses office and saw a tray of food next to me, I grabbed it and started eating.

“Enna dear, you have to be more careful.” Said the school nurse coming in.

“I'm sorry, I couldn't find a place to sit until after lunch was over, I would've sat with my friends, but-”

“But they were gone.” The nurse finished my sentence.

“Yeah, how'd you know?” I asked her.

“Same reason I know your parents have been missing for ten years Enna.” She said with a smile.

“You ... Know?”

Chapter 4
Shh, it's a Secret!

“How do you-”

“Shh! Schools just let out but people are still around.” Said the Nurse.

“Sorry,” I said in a whisper, “How do you know about my parents being missing?”

“My name is Miranda Alvarez, I'm an agent from S.H.H., Spy Headquarters and Handling.” She said taking of the nurse outfit to reveal a beautiful young woman about twenty, her hair was jet black with a white streak down the front, her skin was a light tan, and her eyes were a baby blue. She was wearing a skin tight leather black suit and boots.

“Oh, your a spy.” I rolled my eyes, “What is Handling for?”

“Handling the capture and disposal of foreign spies and enemies of the United States.” Miranda explained.

“Oh ...“ I whispered.

“Now, do you want to know where your parents and your friends are?” Miranda asked me.

“Ye-” Before I could finish saying one word Miranda grabbed me and in a flash we were gone.

.oOo.oOo.

I looked around and saw we were in my tree house, “Why here?' I asked.

“Same reason non-parents chose it as a usual route to and from missions.” Miranda smiled, “It's in the middle of no where.”

“Uh huh, but how do you know where everyone is?” I asked her.

“It's simple, Cassie was called in for a mission, Micheal got food poisoning from breakfast this morning, and Crystal is out in Texas for her aunt's funeral.” Miranda explained.

“She didn't tell me she was going to Texas, or that her aunt even died.” I said.

“I believe she did, you were just too busy thinking about that tape to even pay attention to your own friend.” Miranda smirked.

“Poor Crystal,” I thought to myself, “What about my parents?”

“Are you sure you really wanna know?' Miranda said with a sly smile.

“Yes, I do.” I said.

“OK, if you really think it matters.” She laughed, “Your mother was from the United States, and your father was from the United Kingdom. Both were spies for their countries, and both were enemies. But when they met during two intertwining missions-”

“I've heard this story already, so I already know why my parents are missing?”

“I'm sorry, I got carried away. Let me just cut to the chase, your parents are locked away in a top secret prison for spies who break the rules. Your parents broke the rules by falling in love with the enemy. Since your parents were on a 'mission' in Spain, they were captured by U.S. Spies who were looking for them.” Miranda explained to me.

“What, so the whole disappearing thing was a lie, a cover up, a-”

“Scam, what do you expect, were spies, it's how we do things.” Miranda chuckled.

“What do I do now?” I asked Miranda.

“Absolutely nothing, you know you couldn't if you tried.” Miranda said with a laugh, then in a flash she was gone.

“Typical.” I sighed.

.oOo.oOo.

I finally got home after three hours of waiting for buses and and two more of walking home because I took the wrong bus. I walked inside and set down my school books. I sighed and turned on the TV. I sat down to watch some news, there was nothing else on. It was then the missing person thing came up.

“If you have seen this girl please call 1-800-078-3945!” said the disembodied voice of a man on the TV. I gasped, the picture of the girl was, “Crystal!”

Chapter 5
“Help me!”

I couldn't help but keep staring at the TV which I had paused. I wanted to call the number and tell them she was in Texas, but was she really? I turned off the TV and grabbed my shoes and ran out the door towards her house.

My spy training had payed off in some way, I could run pretty fast, but not fast enough to be a good spy.

I reached Crystal's front door and rang the door bell. Cyrstal's mother opened the door with tears in her eyes.

“Oh Enna dear, this is a bad time.” She said trying to shoo me away.

“I know, Crystal's missing, I just saw it on the TV.” I said trying to get in.

“What, my daughter's missing!” Screamed her mom.

“I thought, why are you crying then?” I asked just as shocked as her.

“I was just fired from my job,” Crystal's mom said wiping her eyes.

“Wait, Crystal said you were going to Texas for her aunt's funeral today.” I said wondering if Miranda had told the truth.

“No, nobodies died in our family recently.”

“Where did you think Crystal was?” I asked.

“At your house. She left this morning for school and said she was coming over to your house later.” Crystal's mom said.

“No, she never showed up at the bus stop or school today.” I was getting worried.

“How did this get out without me knowing that my daughter is missing.” Her mom ran over to the phone and called the police, “Yes, I'm calling about the girl on the news. No I'm her mother. Her name is Crystal Rose. I'm Stacy Rose. What do you mean that her mother already reported this? I'm her mother! Miranda Polly? Who is she! I'm-” Crystal's mom argued over the phone.

“I'm going to go.” I said running back to my house.

.oOo.oOo.

I got back home and went on my computer. I clicked on I.S.I. Eyes, it's the International Spies Internet. Every spy has a special link to this site, and everything you need to know about spies is on it.

“Hello Enna.” Said my computer.

“Hello Isi.” I said back. I had a microphone connected to it, OK!

“How can I help you today?” It asked me.

“Look up all spies by the name Miranda Polly.” I answered. Suddenly thousands of pictures came flying up to the screen.

Finally it stopped on a picture of a girl with jet black hair and a white stripe, then the computer read her information, “Name; Miranda Polly. Age; twenty-five. Height; five feet and two inches. Weight; One hundred and thirty-eight pounds. History; Miranda Polly graduated Spy Academy at age fourteen. Gained the nickname “Skunk”. Was also called “Lightning Nightmare”-”

“Isi, who are Miranda Polly's allies and enemies?” I asked the computer.

“Allies: Russia/China. Enemies: United States of America/United Kingdom/France.” I gasped, Miranda wasn't on our side, of course! My parents obviously aren't being imprisonated by US spies, they were kidnapped by whoever Miranda's with.

.oOo.oOo.

I laid down that night to sleep and realized I was alone, I couldn't trust anyone around me anymore. Crystal and Micheal had been kidnapped by Miranda apparently. I had no idea where Cassie was.

Suddenly the telephone started to ring. I ran over and answered it, “Hello!”

“Enna! Help me! Please!” I heard a shaky and fearful version of Crystal's voice.

“Crystal! Crystal where are y-”

“Crystal's gone.” I heard Miranda chuckle.

“Miranda what have you done with her! Where is Micheal!” I screamed into the phone.

“All in good time!” Miranda chuckled, the hung up.

I put the phone down and started to cry. I woke up the next morning and checked the clock, “Seven thirty!” I gasped.

I got dressed quickly and got to the bus stop just in time, I looked around the bus, no Crystal, no Micheal, no Cassie. I sat down up front and noticed the girl next to me.

“Hi!” She said with a bright smile on her face.

“Um, hey.” I said coldly.

The girl's smile faded, “Is this about your friends?”

I turned to the girl with a look of shock on my face, “What's your name.”

“Emily, Emily Parker. Your Enna Harrison right?” She said with a puzzled look.

“Yes, but how did you know about my friends?” I asked her.

“My friend Leah didn't show up at the bus stop, she knew Cassie, and I know Cassie disappeared yesterday.” Emily explained.

“My friend Crystal wasn't at school yesterday, it started out just like that.” I frowned, “Then last night I saw her picture on the news. She's missing.”

Emily smiled, “You're a spy aren't you?”

My eyes went wide “Shh! You don't want the whole school to know!”

“The whole school isn't on this bus.” Emily said still smilling.

“How did you know?” I asked her, but she just kept on smiling and turned away to the window next to her.

We got to school and Emily looked at me and smiled, “See you her after school? Great!”

“Wait-” I said reaching for her arm but she was gone, “This is more than one spy can handle.” I sighed walking up to the school.

Chapter 6
Emily and Leah Parker.

What seemed like days of waiting, thinking, and wondering, the school bell finally rang signaling the end of school for today. I almost screamed when I heard it I was so excited. I had never been so happy to leave school in my life.

I found Emily waiting outside waiting for me “Hey.”

“Oh, I was about to think you had bailed on me.” She frowned.

“What? It's only ten minutes after school!” I was confused.

“Ten minutes? Oh.” She said tapping her watch, “I guess it's a little fast.”

“No, you probably read it wrong.” I said, “It's upside down.”

“Oh!” She said fixing her watch.

“OK, what did you want from me?” I asked her.

“Oh, right.” She said looking up, “Let me reintroduce myself, Emily Parker, I'm Vice President of T.N.S.P.Y., Leah is actually my step-sister. We were best friends before that though, then my dad married her mom. She isn't a spy, she has no clue, well I think she has no clue, that I'm a spy. And when Cassie went missing-”

I cut Emily off because she had mentioned her being missing twice, “What do you mean missing?” I asked, “I was told she was on a mission by-” I stopped, Miranda had lied to me about Micheal and Crystal, she probably lied about Cassie.

“No, she's not, Cassie went missing when she was at school the yesterday.” Emily said, “And when she did everyone went insane.”

“Well, what has this got to do with me?” I said trying not to seem scared, even though I was.

“Crystal went missing first, , then Micheal, then Cassie, then my friend Leah. They all had some sort of connection to you, since your real parents went missing ten years ago they believe someone's trying to get to you.” Emily continued.

Crystal was right the whole time, “But, I can't do anything. Why would they want me? I can't kill a fly!” I said, my voice shook a little with fear.

“We don't know. Perhaps it's because your parents were the world's best spies, and they think you have your talents.” Emily suggested.

“But who are they! You keep saying they, them, or something like that without actually saying who! I can't take being a spy anymore!” I said trying not to scream.

“Enna, we don't know.” Emily tried to calm me down.

“Your spies, your supposed to know this stuff, now get out of my way!” I said trying to run past Emily, but she caught my arm.

“Enna, you don't want to do this.” She said.

“I said move!” I pulled her hand my arm and pushed her to the ground. I turned away from Emily as she struggled to get up and just ran.

.oOo.oOo.

I ran until I ran out of sidewalk. My legs felt like jello and I collapsed there. I realized I was in front of the cemetery. I felt like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. There was no end to this madness.

I stood up after some time and looked into the cemetery. I walked through the open doors of the gate and walked past all the different head stones. I stopped at a few to read the names.

One caught my eye as I passed it, I backed up and read the name engraved at the top, “Michelle B. Pierce.” I hesitated, that was Micheal's last name, I shook it off and continued reading, “Let god be kind to our little angel. Born, March fifteenth, nineteen ninety-five.” stopped again, that was Micheal's birthday, but my biggest shock was yet to come “Died April thriteenth, two thousand ten.” I gasped and heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Shame you never knew she died, even bigger shame Micheal never told he had a twin sister." I heard Miranda chuckle, "I'm just wondering how you avoided the girl this whole time."

"Miranda! I'm gonna kill you! You backstabbing, lying little-"

"Whoa slow down there sister!" Miranda said covering my mouth, "Your stronger than you think you are. Being the daughter of the world'd greatest spies you have to watch your temper."

I moved her hand out of the way, "I'm still gonna kill you! You kidnapped Cassie, Crystal, Micheal, Leah, and my parents!" I said reaching for her throat, but Miranda grabbed my amrs and flipped me onto my back with a big thud. I thought I heard my spine break, or was it the twigs that I landed on.

"Listen, don't go blaming me for my past. I'm trying to help." Miranda said, but by her sly smile I could tell she was lying.

"Your a terrible lier Miranda." I said trying to get up, but this time Miranda place her foot on my chest pinning me down. I was starting to wonder why she would just take me.

"Now listen kid, I've had my fun on the dark side. I quit five years ago and that's no lie."

"But, the phone call-"

"How do you know that was me!" Miranda said, her voice echoed through the empty cemetery, it was sunset and this place was getting creepy.

I couldn't answer her questiong the way I wanted to, I frowned and said, "I don't."

"That's what I thought." She said letting her foot of my chest, "Now when your ready to hear the truth, you know how to reach me." Miranda said walking away. As she did lightning erupted in a bright flash and thunder rang out through the now grey sky.

.oOo.oOo.

I now found myself running through the pouring rain. Trrying to find the way to my house through the gray blur was as hard as trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

I stopped to catch my breath, my soaked clothes weighing me down. I couldn't fall this time though. I started to run again.

As I spent my time alone running through the rain I began to think, what did Miranda mean when she said, “Watch your temper.”

The more I thought about it the more it became clear, unfortunately the same couldn't be said for the rain. When I was at school, I had pushed Emily so hard she could barely get up. I almost choked Miranda. That wasn't like me.

I also realized I hadn't been this mad since I was in training. I had felt like I was being pushed too hard and my teachers constantly got on my nerves. It was then I did my best in my worst subjects, sometimes that was a bad thing when my teachers were involved.

I stopped running and saw my house. I went up to the porch and sat down. I didn't want to go inside because of two reasons. One, I didn't want to ruin the carpet. Two, I just didn't want to go inside now.

I felt so stupid right now. How could I have not noticed this until now? That I also realized was obvious, I hadn't has a reason to loose my temper before. Except in training and today. Most of the time I was happy, sad, and anything but angry.

But this wasn't the only thing that ran through my mind, several things. Like Miranda saying she's on my side. What is my side? And Micheal's sister? Why didn't I know he had a sister, or that she died? Then Crystal's disappearance and the conversation her mom had about it on the phone. And my parents, where exactly were they?

Chapter 7
Micheal.

I stood up and realized it wasn't raining anymore. My cheeks felt sticky, had I been crying? I guess because my face was already wet from the rain I didn't notice. Then I saw a figure of a boy peek around the corner of my house. I was shocked for two seconds then ran to see who it was.

“Micheal!” I squealed when I saw him hiding behind a bush. He stood up and I hugged him.

“Um, hi?” He said, I realized this was awkward for him and let go.

“Sorry, what happened to you!” I asked, my eyes started to sting as I held back tears of joy.

“I don't know, first I was heading to the nurses office with a stomach ache, then I found myself in this weird building with people running around all over the place wearing skin tight suits, it kinda weirded me out.” He explained, “Then I was taken to your house and told to stay put.”

“I see, was Cystal there?”

“No, why would she be?” Asked Micheal with his usual puzzled look, it sorta looked cute at times. Wait what am I thinking!

“Remember she was gone yesterday, she's been missing since. Her picture was on the news.” I said trying to keep from telling him everything. Did I mention he has no clue I'm a spy?

“Oh.” Was all he said, it looked like he was hiding something.

“Is something wrong, Micheal? Other than Crystal mis-”

“No, I'm- I'm just fine.” He chocked on his words a little.

“Micheal, what's wrong?” I asked him again.

“Nothing! Now shut up!” He screamed at me. I jumped back and then ran around to my porch, opened my door, and slammed it quickly behind me.

.oOo.oOo.

I peeked out the front window and quickly backed away. Micheal was walking up towards my door. Then I heard his fist hitting the door.

“Enna! Open up! I'm sorry, I don't know what-”

“Go away! I thought we were friends, but this just proves that I'm wrong.” I said, I could feel my cheeks start to burn and my vision got blurry.

“Enna, how does this prove anything?” He asked me.

“Well, you never told me about your twin sister Michelle.” I stuttered as the first warm and sticky tear ran down my burning cheeks.

“That's because she died when we were born how did you-”

“Lier!” I screamed, “She died this year! I saw her headstone!”

“Oh.” Micheal said, I could hear him lean against the door.

I just stood in front of the door. After ten minutes of silence I opened the door to find Micheal was gone, “Micheal!” I called, no one answered. Only one thought came to mind, “Miranda!”

.oOo.oOo.

That night the rain poured, and I mean poured. It was like the clouds were dumping huge buckets of rain. I watched as pounded on my window pain. I could hear the wind outside moaning, it sounded so sad and angry at the same time, kinda like me.

“Enna, sweet heart, it's just rain, nothing's going to hurt you!” My mother had told me when I was four, “And rain is just the tears from the clouds, they are crying because they are miss living on the ground.”

“Clouds lived on the ground?” I had asked her.

“Yes, they used to be sheep. They would climb up to a tall mountain and imagine they were flying through the sky. Then one day mother nature came to visit the sheep. Some of the sheep asked her if she would make them fly. Mother Nature shook her head, 'Do you really want to fly?' She asked them, some of the sheep said yes, others said no. So Mother Nature told the sheep to meet her on the tall mountain. When the sheep got there Mother Nature spun some air around them and then the sheep began to float. Soon they were big fluffy clouds.

“But they soon realized they were so light and fluffy they couldn't go back to the ground. Mother Nature told the sheep there was a reason why sheep don't fly. The sheep that had stayed on the ground would still dream of flying but each momma sheep would tell her lamb,'Never ask Mother Nature to fly, or you'll be as lonely as a cloud.'”

I wondered how I hadn't noticed that kind woman had disappeared. My fake mother wasn't anything like my mom. She didn't look like, nor did she act like her.

My fathers on the other hand where more alike each other than any of the people I've met. I could have sworn they were the same person.

I looked at the clock, it was past midnight. I looked back out the window and saw a blond figure walk down the side walk. I got up and walked downstairs to see if I could get a better look. I opened my front door and almost screamed when I saw the blond figure in front of me.

The person had their head down, but they looked up at me and I gasped, “Crystal!”

Crystal smiled, there was someone behind her

Micheal stepped out from behind her, “Hey ...” He said.

I didn't do anything, I just hugged them both, and this time Micheal didn't seem to mind.

Chapter 8
Ever Confusing and Elusive Miranda.

I woke up the next morning to a beeping sound. I opened my eyes to see Crystal starring right at me.

“Gah!” I fell out of bed, “What was that for!”

“It's time for school!” Crystal smiled.

“How did you get in?” I asked.

“Remember, I spent the night after I got back. And don't forget we have to surprise my mom before school!” Crystal said excitedly.

I had thought it had all been a dream, that I had fallen asleep and woke up the day after Easter. Except it wasn't a dream. I got up and changed into my clothes. I grabbed my book bag and we walked out. We got to Crystal's house and she knocked on the door.

After her mom cried and smothered Crystal, we left for the bus stop. When we got there Michelle was waiting, but he wouldn't look at me.

“Hey Mikey!” Crystal said wrapping her arm around his neck, she did this all the time.

“Hey.” Micheal said with a tired tone.

“Aw, what's wrong with wittle Mikey Wikey!” Crystal teased.

“Shut up Crystal.” He said, this was something they did every morning before school. I just shook my head as the bus pulled up. The doors opened and to my horror there in the driver's seat was Miranda.

“Well hello kiddies!” She smiled, but her eyes were directed at me.

“Hey, a new driver!” Micheal smiled as he got on, Crystal followed him.

I stood there, my face pale as if I had just seen a ghost, “I'm gonna walk.”

“What, Enna it's four miles!” Crystal said grabbing my arm, I pulled her hand off.

“I'm not getting on the bus.” I said, Miranda smiled.

“Are you afraid of something sweetie?” Miranda asked sweetly.

“Yes, you!” I said and ran off.

“Enna!” Crystal shouted.

I kept running until I reached the half way point, I looked back and didn't see the bus. Wait, the bus could go faster than me, how was it that it hadn't passed me yet?

I listened, I didn't hear the sounds of a bus engine. I kept starring, I couldn't see the bus coming. I stood there for minutes, and nothing happened. I finally began to run to the school again. Then I heard the sounds of and engine rumbling. I stopped running and saw the bus stop next to me.

The doors opened and Miranda smiled, “You might as well get on.” She sneered.

I sighed and climbed on board. I noticed Crystal and Micheal were in their seats, along with a few others. Usually the bus was packed.

“Enna what were you thinking!” Crystal said with a concerned look.

“You guys didn't recognize her!” I almost shouted.

“No, why would we?” Asked Micheal.

“But she's the one who-” I stopped, was Miranda telling the truth? Was she really on my side?

.oOo.oOo.

We pulled up to the school, there stood Cassie, Emily, and the girl I guess was Leah. I also noticed a bunch of people I hadn't seen the past few days. What was going on? Was it really just a bad dream? Was Crystal and me going home to her mom just my imagination. Was Miranda who I thought she was?

“Enna!” Micheal called, I noticed him and Crystal were already far ahead of me in the school hallways. I ran to catch up.

We went to lunch and talked like we usually did. Neither Crystal nor Micheal brought up last night. Maybe it was a dream. We did our usual classes, nothing abnormal. Then when school ended I was running to catch up with Crystal and Micheal when Miranda walked out in front of me.

“Now, you never apologized for running away from me Enna.” She said with that same sly smile.

“I'm sorry, I had a bad dream last night and-”

“It wasn't a dream Enna.” Miranda''s smile widened.

My face grew pale, I saw Micheal and Crystal walking away, not even turning around to check on me. I felt like I was in one of those dreams where you try to scream and nothing comes out, or when you want to run but you can't move. My heart raced as Miranda's hand touched my shoulder. Suddenly in a flash we were gone.

.oOo.oOo.

A flash of light and we were at my house, “I wish you wouldn't do that.”

“What, it's the easiest way to travel!” Miranda smiled walking over to my fridge.

“So what did you want?” I asked.

“Well, obviously you noticed a lot of people were back.” Miranda said digging through my fridge trying to find something good.

“Yeah, and?”

“Well, a bunch of captives escaped the prison where the double agents were holding them.” Miranda explained.

“Wait, double agents? Who are they?” I asked.

“A bunch of people, mostly people who you knew, but I don't know their names.” Miranda said as she pulled out an apple, “You think this is any good?” She asked.

“I guess it is.” I said and she took a bight, “Wait, you mean to tell me people I knew were double agents.”
“Yup.” Miranda said with a mouthful of apple.

“Wait, why am I listening to you! You lied to me so many times-”

“I didn't lie about me being on your side.” Miranda said, “So I fibbed along the way so you wouldn't get in trouble, you needed time to get a ready for your training.”

“Training? I thought I was done with training.” I was confused.

“That was just basics for you, now comes the real stuff.” Miranda took another bite of the apple.

“So, who's gonna train me?” I asked.

“I am!” Miranda smiled.

Last edited by 4everme4everbeauty on 6/1/2010, 9:22 pm; edited 13 times in total
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy~Ivy
Super Star~The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy
The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy~Ruby
Jazz~The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy
The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy~King of Diamonds

*small voices* Click us! Click us! Well give you a present!
Female Posts : 1259

http://4everme4everbeautyproductionsofficialsite.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Empty Re: The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted]

Post by leah_hope92 4/5/2010, 1:11 pm

Write some more! It's pretty interesting! (:
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Empty Re: The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted]

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 4/5/2010, 1:27 pm

I <3 it! Good job Ells (:
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/5/2010, 1:37 pm

Thanks guys! I think this is going to be one of my best since It's like my 12th story or something? LOL!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/5/2010, 4:15 pm

Laurena! I'll be your biggest reader! Lol. Spppy.... Dadadada.. xD
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy

TEE HEEE HEEE!!! Click THEM!! Do it!! Dooooo it! XD
Female Posts : 9714

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/5/2010, 11:49 pm

LOL! Thanks Cas! I've got the first paragraph for chapter 2 already.
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/6/2010, 12:44 am

Chapter 2 is already posted!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 4/6/2010, 12:51 am

Cool new chapter. I love the cliffhangers. (:
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/6/2010, 12:59 am

Thanks Leah! I'm gonna wait until late afternoon tomorrow to write more!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 4/6/2010, 1:00 am

Awesome. Can't wait. (:
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 9:10 am

Hehe. 'Cassie' XDDDD

I like the last name Burke, too.

Great chapter! Suspence! Hurry and write more! Lol
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] SiggyThe Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/6/2010, 10:15 am

LOL! I'll try! It should be pretty quick though, I need to check my word count.
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/6/2010, 11:35 am

He he! Twisted Evil I'm evil! Chapter 3 is up!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 12:10 pm

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy. LOL, I'm a nerd too. XDD
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/6/2010, 12:20 pm

Same here! It runs in my family! LOL!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 12:23 pm

Omigod, me too! Lol
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/6/2010, 2:40 pm

Chapter 4 is out!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/6/2010, 2:41 pm

I just love writing this story so much I can't stop! But maybe 2 chapter's is enough for today, LOL!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 4/6/2010, 7:22 pm

OOOO, nice
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/8/2010, 10:24 am

Sorry I'm taking so long with this chapter, I have to clean up my room or no movie making, no story writing, no nothing unless I get a decent piece of my room done everyday (Let's just say I still have to unpack from the move)
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/8/2010, 11:47 am

I like it, Elica! ^^ You're doing a good job so far.

Can I offer you a bit of constructive criticism?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 1312The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 2412The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 3349The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 3548The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/8/2010, 1:14 pm

Don't know what that means, but I'll take it if I'm gonna learn to be an author when I get older!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/8/2010, 1:45 pm

Ah, well, basically just a suggestion on how to improve the story. :3 So, the crit itself - it seemed a little odd to me in the very beginning, how she's saying it's so super top secret, but then going and telling people anyway . . . ? That's something I'd personally change by making it more like a diary entry or even just her thinking to herself, but yah. ^^ That's all I have to say.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 1312The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 2412The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 3349The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 3548The Life of a Teenage Spy [Chapter 8 posted] 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/8/2010, 3:57 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with you Shadow, I was thinking of changing it anyways. I confused myself when I was writing it! LOL!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/9/2010, 11:10 pm

Lol, nice. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next