The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stun of Darkness: Strewn Disasters {(Chapter 3 is posted.)}

4 posters

Go down

Stun of Darkness: Strewn Disasters {(Chapter 3 is posted.)} Empty Stun of Darkness: Strewn Disasters {(Chapter 3 is posted.)}

Post by Crystal Aura 1/31/2010, 11:31 am

Preface

As the daybreak of an appealing Saturday in Oregon City drew near and came to pass, people dwelled and thrived, inhaled and exhaled, maybe some trekked, maybe others strolled, and others sprinted. Knowledge came, and wisdom lingered. Hearts battered, maybe others ceased, and disisted, and decayed. Some people were probably blest and sunny, while others were merely miserable.

The humans were just solely living another day as guinea pigs in the laboratory of God. And that was just everlasting reality...

But, far away from that whole civilized district in Portland, grew a quiet forest. It was fairly diversed, in comparison to the clamour and fracas of the city. You would just actually, on occasion, hear the prickly snap of a twig, or of a fallen branch. Or the distant, far-flung holler of a hovering bird. And, now and then, other eccentric sounds.

There was definitely downright alternation between these two areas at the present-day...
First alternation; Dead silence.
Second alternation; Ravishing peace.
Third alternation; Leisurely slowness.

But overall, it was probably a wondrous day. To most... at least...
In spite of... there might be something in the woods, after all.
... Something critical, and soulful, and crucial... but disagreeable...
Terrible, and dreadful...

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 2/26/2010, 10:10 pm; edited 9 times in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Stun of Darkness: Strewn Disasters {(Chapter 3 is posted.)} Empty Re: Stun of Darkness: Strewn Disasters {(Chapter 3 is posted.)}

Post by Crystal Aura 1/31/2010, 3:47 pm

Chapter - 1

“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Amarantha, a girl of a thousand obscurities, constantly felt like someone drew an opaque veil over her face... and always saw darkness...

She was one who was consistently lost. But she was, nevertheless, happy...

She reached into her picnic basket, had let her legs slouch out, and stared fondly out to Devils Lake. “Mum, dad... isn't it marvelous?” She gradually pulled out a water bottle.
“It was surely worth the drive to Lincoln City,” her father acknowledged. He sat on her right, on the cloth covering up the soggy ground. On her left, her mother retorted; “I still wonder why it's called Devils Lake... when it's just so divine...”
Amarantha chortled moderately in response. “I think that's just the whole wisecrack... seeing it's actually heavenly,”
Her father snorted, her mother beamed. Everything was just too perfect at Devils Lake.

~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~

Elsewhere, back in Oregon City, a run-of-the-mill boy was sitting at the fanciest local library next to his friend Scottie, both sticking their noses in books over an elaborate trestle table.
“Why're you reading that thing again, Ryley?” Scottie pondered after a moment. Ryley kept reading, and shrugged in an inattentive manner. Scottie sighed gutsily.
“Or maybe I should call you 'Big Fat Boring Novel Mutation'.”
Ryley rended his gaze off of the book unwillingly. “I've been labeled worse than that.”
Scottie scowled. And Ryley turned his attention away.
“What's so humongous about some dready, old novel anyway?” he reproached tauntingly.
“The fantasy. The witchcraft, the black art, the whole necromancy...” Ryley answered robotically.
Scottie's grimace stayed graven on his face like he wore a mask.
“I had no idea you were into that hocus-pocus!” he protested with a turbulent yell.
A few people eyeballed them, now. Ryley's whole face flushed.
“Why don't you just shut up,” he suggested shyly, veering his face closer into the book. “And incidentally, I prefer the term 'jiggery-pokery' when it comes to magic.” he added, rolling his eyes sarcastically... always wondering why and how he became a comrade to this guy.

And with that, Scottie didn't break the silence anymore, the perfect remedy for Ryley to calm down... he goggled his friend as he started reading his manga again, and his features softened abruptly. Ryley relaxed once again into the fancy seat and kept on reading his book, completely soothed the minute he laid eyes on it, as it spoke of occult enchantment, supernatural savage brutes, The Sixth Sense, Warlocks, exorcism, parapsychology and voodoo...

And he yearned for all of that to exist someday for him to not just eyewitness, but... experience. Seriously, what better thing was there to run your hands over these days, other than bewitching nonesense..?

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 2/26/2010, 4:58 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Meh... just for an absurd little writing error...)
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Stun of Darkness: Strewn Disasters {(Chapter 3 is posted.)} Empty Re: Stun of Darkness: Strewn Disasters {(Chapter 3 is posted.)}

Post by rattyjol 1/31/2010, 8:11 pm

Awesome. Very Happy Moooooore.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 1/31/2010, 9:08 pm

Thankies! grin
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/3/2010, 6:09 pm

I'm so glad you like it, regardless of it's way too early to understand exactly where it's all going. But you soon will, evil
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/3/2010, 6:14 pm

But actually, it would take little while for the story to formally reach it's peak, considering the length of the chapters... aye, I may certainly need to fix that problem up soon, =/
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/7/2010, 4:20 pm

“Life is eternal, and love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing but the limit of our sight.”

Chapter - 2

His eyes bored into the same book on his lap, that night. He mumbled to himself the words his eyes flickered upon, and was so absorbed that he barely heard his mother come in. Bleakness gripped her expression as she shared his gaze on that book.
“Ryley,” she remarked. She saw his eyes waver, and finally look up into hers. And they were unfathomable eyes.
“Yes?” he responded mechanically, “Whataya want?”
It felt like her jaw dropped to the floor, hearing him speak in this dreary monotone she's never even heard from him before. A thorn in her flesh. A disoriented spider crawling up and down the nape of her neck. Torment.
“Mgh.” she uttered under her breath. “Nothing, you seem very busy...” She arched her eyebrow as she trailed off.
“What? This is jam-packed with hectic... awesomeness. Didja hear it's totally first-rate with some of my teachers, too?” He emphasized the word 'awesomeness' because he valued that word when speaking of how much he valued the book. Only because he was tongueless for other words to describe. “Ugh,” he groaned, “It's just too hard to put in words, mom.”
A smile broke across her face involuntarily, just then. “This really is beyond belief, Ryley. I've never seen you so devoted.”
He smiled in triumph. “Just thank the author.”
“Maybe I'm in the know about of this person, but I doubt I actually could.” She was smiling a smile that reflected his perfectly.
“We all like to call the author... that crumpled old coffin-dodger... Astaroth Ryder. And he's some intellect, brainbox, whiz guy. An old guy. A creepy dude. But we fanboys and fangirls love him. He really is a mastermind, and a true role model...” he gushed, deliberately intended for his mother.
Her mouth fell open a little; “Intriguing...”
“He's so much more than that...” he pretended to sound offended, and that made his mother giggle.
“Whatsit called, anyway? I may need a copy all to myself.”
His smile stretched. “Storm of Conquest.”

~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~

She felt harmonious and at peace at the little lake. Free from strife, and free from disturbance.
Not jeopardized or hurt, or sad, or scared...
She began waiting for sleep to find her, just because it was so peaceful.
“Nuts. Kid's falling asleep,” She heard her father drone to her mother.
“Don't fuss, that's perfectly fine, why wouldn't it be?” her mother replied ecstatically. “I personally advise you to rest, as well...”
“Well, weren't we just about to leave? Picnic's over. And the hour's late.”
“Haw-haw, are you afraid of dusk at Devils Lake, scaredy-cat? But, yes, I see your point... but I don't wanna leave,” she admitted full-heartedly.
“Me neither, honestly...”

Her eyes fluttered. And she regarded Devils Lake with reverence.
She would never, ever forget it...
She kept staring attentively, dazed... but then saw a silhouette, an etch. Her body quivered and a lump rose in her throat as a shiver ran through her veins and frenzied her mind... a shade? A spectre? A... spirit?

...Heh?

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 2/12/2010, 10:00 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Just a little error that was hard to notice at first, XP)
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/7/2010, 7:35 pm

One question, why Oregon? That's where my grandmother lives, I don't like it much Razz

Other than that great story, i cant wait for chapter 3.... Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/7/2010, 8:56 pm

Really? Wow, embarrassed
I dunno, it was purposeless. I just needed a setting. A random setting, nod. And trust me, I've never even been there, myself. And honestly, I live very, very far away from there. smiley

But thank you for the well-bred and phrased way to say that you don't like Oregon City that much...
And thank you for the pleasurable post. I'm truthfully gratified you like it. Very Happy
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/8/2010, 7:36 pm

... And I can't wait for Chapter 3 myself, because I ended Chapter 2 on a cliff-hanger... evil
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 2/12/2010, 11:11 am

You so need more Amarantha-ness. x_x

And, y'know. You should have asked to have my charrie [Amarantha's mother; Roperi] in this story, before actually putting her in. But considering you've already started, I'll give you permission to put her in. Would this also be a semi-fanfic considering it's partially based off of the RP? Oh and, for Roperi, go ahead and mention her name. Please don't have her die. x_x And.. erm.. Keep her original personality. I also give you permission to also let her become the beast. 8D
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/12/2010, 11:17 am

I created this Amarantha before I used her name in the RP. So this is another Amarantha. In the normal, human world. And I just solely used her name for the other Amarantha in 'My Fate was Yours -- Our Fate was Death.' So this is a completely different one, yep, yup, aye, aye... nod
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 2/12/2010, 11:25 am

x_x

-nothing else self can say-
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/12/2010, 11:34 am

O_O

Oh... 'kay?
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/26/2010, 4:55 pm

Well, nevertheless, thank-you all. And... I finally remember now that I started a story and I have to finish it... *Facepalms*

I've been so very busy, lately. But yet I feel like a lump. So, that, and I just wanted to say that'll I'll certainly have Chapter 3 up today.
*Puts on thinking cap*

I'll need to get myself inspiration but I swear I will. nod
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/26/2010, 6:25 pm

Chapter-3

Her gaze flitted around the lake as everything seemed to haze up around it... so precipitately.
“Hoo boy, it’s starting to drizzle...” her mother Madelyn affirmed in an offended monotone.
“Mgh... the weather wasn’t even s’posed to be wet, t’day...” the father complained in a drone.
“I know,” she sighed heavily.
A chuckled sniffed out of Amarantha’s nose. “The Devil just dosen’t want you to pester his lake...”
“Wow. You’re sure scaring the bejesus out of us, Amarantha,” her father Maxwell interposed sarcastically, rolling his eyes.
“Amarantha, honey, just get up, please. We have to get going...” her mother added, arching one eyebrow in her father’s direction.
“Uh, yeah. Let’s go, darling,” her father muttered sheepishly, before clearing his throat, and blushing slightly with a rosy tint.
She was leaning on her mother’s shoulder the whole time, and for the first time she craned her neck to see Madelyn’s expression. “It’s just a little rain, momma...”
“No. Really, Amarantha... we really need to move,” she protested. “And get out of here. Right now. I mean, do you want to be wringing wet? And catch a cold?”
Amarantha just shrugged carelessly, and her shoulders stayed slumped. But she just couldn’t respond with words.
Instead, she stared out to the lake. Her gaze was as black as thunder.
“I... don’t... want to leave...”
And right then, she could have sworn she saw what she thought she had before;
A drifting, disoriented presence... the sillouette of a man with his head twisted grotesquely on a broken neck...

A lump began to rise in Amarantha's throat. It was real, after all.

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 3/5/2010, 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I just made a part sound better and stuff... =/)
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/26/2010, 6:51 pm

Okay, now, for a period of time the story will be written in Amarantha's P.O.V (Point of View.)
I just wanted to introduce Ryley right in the begining. Because he will be important later on and develop a lot as a character, nod
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/26/2010, 8:59 pm

As will other characters, too. Smile

And honestly, I haven't tried that hard to make Chapter 3 this scary...
... I scare myself, sometimes. I just did. Just by reading Chapter 3. o_O
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 2/28/2010, 9:04 am

What I just said was very... weird. O_o
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 3/5/2010, 5:46 pm

Pfft. Anyways... I'll start sticking to the topic, now. Razz
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 3/8/2010, 10:21 am

Chapter 4's coming up shortly! Very Happy
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 3/27/2010, 1:08 pm

Tomorrow at a push... but I'm still sort of busy... xD
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down