The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up!

4 posters

Go down

Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! Empty Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up!

Post by Monique4Cheer 4/14/2010, 8:32 pm

Maturity= romance, some kissing, a bit violent
Fantasy = none

~Chapter 1 - Monique

It’s the last of Spring Break 2010, so let’s go out with a … BANG! The announcer punched his fist in the air as he said it causing the majority of the teenage population to punch their fist in the air as well. It was spring break and I was spending my time hanging with my best buds in The Hampton. The days were unusually hot for New York and the water was as clear as diamonds. An absolute perfect place for a perfect break.

“I can’t believe we have to go back to school tomorrow.” Lauren Norville said holding my hands up in the air and thrusting her body to a rihanna remix, the DJ was jamming out to along with everyone else. I smiled at my friend, Lauren had chestnut brown hair and eyes as green as the grass. She tended to be very talkative, it was hard for me to even trust her sometimes but I’ve known her since middle school and been friends with her every since. “I know it’s awful. Where did our break go?” I laughed

“Well its not over yet” she said her eyes planted on Jesse Kinlin, A.K.A Jk... as in joker. Jesse played jokes on everyone, yes I mean everyone. His teachers, parents, friends, even his girlfriend, who happened to be my other friend Jillian Scott. I have no idea how he had a girlfriend in the first place but Jillian wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box anyway. “Hey, Monique, I have a present for you” Jesse cooed coming over and stopping in front of me, he was carrying a can of peanut brittle in his hand. I rolled my eyes.

“Do you know how old that joke is? I know you can do better than that.” “Jillian fell for it” He gave a puzzle look to the container then shrugged and threw the can in the trash. “Want to dance?” he asked looking cocky like he could get any girl in the world with a flip of his golden hair. “No, thank you” I glared at him then turned my back. “I would!” Lauren squeaked squeezing past me and grabbing Jesse’s hand. I sighed as they walked out of my view. Great ending of spring break I thought sarcastically.

Strolling across the beach I noticed Jillian leaning against a fence looking upset. “What’s wrong?” I asked making my way towards her and leaning again the ridged old fence too. “Nothing…” She sighed, her dark eyes staring down at the sand. We stood quiet for a bit, it was starting to get awkward but knowing Jillian she would tell me eventually. “Can you believe Lauren! Dancing with Jesse, and not giving a hoot about my feelings.” Jillian said finally caving. “There just friends, though then again Lauren was kind of too eager to hold his hand.” I thought out loud. Regretting it the minute it spilled out.

Jillian stepped in front of me her Brown eyes huge. “You saw Lauren try to take my man?” “Take?... whoa I would say” – “And you did nothing..!?” She cut me off. “Do not turn this on me!” I commanded angrily. “Can’t trust anybody!” Jillian huffed before stomping way. “What in the world is going on with my life?!” I asked sadly to no one in particular.

~ Chapter 2 Terrence

“Do you have you clothes set out!” my mother yelled from the adjacent kitchen. “Yes” I yelled back even though it was a lie. Typing up some short stories the words stopped flowing I hit the laptop fed up with its freezing. “ooooh your clothes ain’t set out.” Brenda said from the doorway of my room. I peeked at her from atop my computer. I was sprawled out on my full sized plain green bed. “Go away!" I groaned.” I hated when she got in the way of my work. She was nine years old and never let me have my privacy. Well ever since my mom made my dad remove my door for having a girl in here. I didn’t even do anything.

I thought “Imma tell mama.” She threatened. I rolled my eyes and sprang from the bed stretching as I threw some clothes from my closet on my drawer. “You happy?” I asked just wanting her to go away. I collapsed back on the mattress placing my hands back in position on the keyboard. “You’re a sad excuse for a brother.” Brenda stuck her tongue out at me.

I suddenly faked like I was going to punch her and she backed up covering her face in false sobs. “stop mess’in with her.” Marie my other sister interjected, Giving Brenda a hug. “She’s the one who said I was a sad excuse for a brother.” I shot back. Why must they always annoy me? “You are!” Marie said comforting my younger sister. “Look at you your 16 and still messing with your little sister.” “And look at you 19 and still living here.” I mumbled under my breath. “What did you say?” She asked entering my room.

“Nothing!” I yelled lifting myself from the bed. “Boy, don’t be yelling!” My mom shouted back. “God…” I sighed in defeat. “And dinners ready” that was the last thing Marie said before strolling into the kitchen with Brenda following close behind. I forcefully slammed my computer shut and hurling myself off the bed. “I need to get into a sport” I thought before turning off the light to my room.

~ Chapter 3 Monique

“I can’t be-leave you left your hand bag here.” I commented as Lauren and I walked back out to beach to look for the hand bag. “It’s not my fault.” Lauren defended “Jesse kept dancing with me.” She ducked down to get a better ground level view. “You sure it’s not the other way around?” I snickered. Typical Lauren, leaving or forgetting something and blaming it on someone else. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for her when she gasped.

“What!” I asked scared. “Isn’t that your dad?” Lauren asked pointing to a tall man in an over coat walking out of a quant beach house. It sure did look like him. She jerked me down to the ground and we watched as a woman who wasn’t my mother stepped out of the house also. The woman pecked my father’s dark cheek, then walked back inside closing the zebra wood doors behind her. “It can’t be” I thought as tears prickled my eyes. Blinking them away I stood up.

“That wasn’t my dad.” I told Lauren Even though honestly I believed it was. He hadn’t been home too much lately, and when he was home he seemed very distracted. Lauren shrugged “If you say so.” She went back to looking for her bag, crawling around in the powdery sand like an over grown toddler. “I’m tired, Ren.” I lied referring to her by her long term nickname. “If it’s here now, there no reason why it won’t be here tomorrow.” I started back to the glass beach resort, with my head hung low. “well…, okay.” She sighed getting up on her feet and running to catch up with me.

~ Chapter 4 Terrence

I woke up abruptly feel not so good, waking up to me was just another day closer to the due date of my Romeo and Juliet essay. Sure I was the best writer in the class but I just couldn’t understand the relationship between the two of them. So many questions came to mind during the ending of the story, but there was only one that stumped me the most. Okay yeah I get that Juliet loved Romeo as everyone always says but I couldn’t imagine giving my life for anyone besides my family. I stood up contemplating this thoroughly as I got dressed and exited my room.

After brushing my teeth distractedly, I stepped into the yellow daisy themed kitchen. .“Good morning, mom” I yawned. “Good morning Terence” she chirped from the stove where she was cooking up some scrambled eggs. “Good Afternoon, Terrence.” Brenda sang, sitting in one of the oak chairs that circled a cream clothe covered table. She thought that talking in opposite was cute. My mother and sister ate it up completely, but I knew it as the annoying thing she did before doing something bad.

I watched her suspiciously as I made my way to the refrigerator and grabbed out some orange juice. “You’re walking Brenda to school.” My mother ordered carrying a plate over to me. “What?! Why can’t Sister Dawson do it like she does every morning?” I griped slamming the orange juice to the table. “Because she’s busy.” “I’m busy too.” I challenged. “Terrence don’t start with me.” Mother sat down glaring at me. “Don’t worry, Mother. I’ll walk her.” Marie said pacing into the kitchen in a quite skimpy outfit. “Brenda is still a little frightened by Terrence anyway.”

She smirked at me. “Good…” I growled. “Yay!” Brenda cheered jumping from her seat and bouncing into Marie’s arms. I stood up from the table not feeling too hungry anymore and practically bolted to the door, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.

~ Chapter 5 Monique

I sullenly climbed up the gray stone stairs of Trinity Prep a private school and pushed through the massive walnut double doors. Inside the off-white halls were crowded with giggling burgundy uniformed girls just like how I remembered it. I wouldn’t say I missed the school, but it did feel good to be back. Slugging to my locker I spotted Lauren and perked up a bit. “Bonjour” I greeted her. She flipped her blonde highlighted hair around and glared at me.

I took a timid step back unsure of her face. “TraĆ®tre!” She spat slamming her locker and storming down the hall. “What’s wrong?! “ I called after her leaving my locker unattended and weaving through the piles of people to catch up to her. She entered the bathroom and I followed in after her. “You snitched and told Jillian I was stealing Jesse from her?” Lauren yelled at me without giving me time to catch my breath. “I didn’t tell Jillian anything, she found out on her own.” I sighed annoyed that this is what was starting off my day.

“That’s not what I heard.” She scowled at her reflection as she tried to apply a coat of gloss to her hardly visible lips. “We both know rumors are never true.” I turned to the mirror catching a glimpse of myself. I’ve never looked worse. These whole father/ friend situations were doing well on my profile. “It’s not rumors I’m hearing its gossip.” Lauren smacked her lips together in the mirror then puckered them at her crystal clear reflection. “Gossip…, Rumors… same thing.” I replied starting to analyze my appearance as well.

“They are not the same thing!” She looked at be in disbelief. “Gossip is true and Rumors aren’t!” Lauren turned her head for one more look in the mirror then shot from the bathroom. I sighed, staying completely still. I wasn’t going to follow her. If she was able to pry herself from the mirror just to get away from me, it meant she didn’t want to hear anymore about it. Smiling a bit I walked out of the bathroom. “She’ll get over it.” I thought “by tonight she will be begging for my companionship.

~ Chapter 6 Monique

I clicked slowly down the garbage and graffiti ridden streets of Harlem in my black leather peep toe heels. Heels weren’t really allowed at Trinity but It’s only fair that I’m allowed to because I’m class president. But not even my special privileges could but a smile on my face right now.

Just like I suspected my father had gotten home the night before, the same night Lauren and I saw him leave another woman’s home. The whole big ordeal that was causing me to take a long route home was the decision to tell my mother. The answer seems like it should come easy. If I were to tell her, there’s no question they would get a divorce though. God knows I can’t move with senior year just around the corner. Not to mention my father’s restaurant is what keeps our family alive.

My mother did want to become a clothing designer at once, but my father talked her out of it. Thinking back on it now, maybe she should have just ignored him and lived her dream. “Look what we got here.” I heard a husky voice say. I cautiously turned to a very tall muscular dark skinned man. His eyes were dark and narrowed, staring at me like I was his new toy to play with. I kept silence. This really was the first time I ever really stepped in Harlem. I wasn’t expecting to run into anyone. I took a step back frightened when another man spoke. “Looks like someone from the Upper East Side.” I spun around and became face to face with an even bigger man. I dropped my Burberry purse, (that I held my school supplies in) which fell to the pavement heavily. His complexion was lighter and he wore short dreadlocks that stuck out in all direction.

“Leave me alone!” I hissed regaining my confidence. I shoved him aside and went to pick up my bag when man 2 grabbed me by the arm. “Hey! Didn’t your mama tell you anything about shoving strangers?” He asked exposing his yellow teeth. “No, did your mother tell you anything about touching girls?” I mimicked his voice struggling to get out of his grip. “Let go!”

“Hey! Guys Is there a problem here?” a third man chimed in “Come on, leave the girl alone.” He pulled man 2’s hand from my arm. I rolled my eyes. Who did this guy think he was? Like I really needed his help. I thought crossing my arms over my chest. Just like a boy… always trying to be a hero.

Last edited by Monique4Cheer on 4/20/2010, 9:27 pm; edited 14 times in total
Monique4Cheer
Monique4Cheer
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! Siggy
SnowFlake

Krabby

Swirl

Female Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! Empty Re: Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up!

Post by Monique4Cheer 4/14/2010, 8:33 pm

Is it even worth finishing? If please tell me. I'm not too confident that im a good writer anyway. undecided
Monique4Cheer
Monique4Cheer
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

SnowFlake

Krabby

Swirl

Back to top Go down

Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! Empty Re: Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up!

Post by shadowsowner888 4/14/2010, 9:57 pm

All stories are worth it, Tigger. ^^ Granted, there's some spelling and grammar mistakes and such sprinkled in here, but you'll get better the more you write. nod I personally like the story, and I want to see more. Although, I have to say, I'm kinda confused . . . I'm sorta wondering who chapter two was about, because it seems like a different person, but I'm not positive. xD (Speaking of which, the color 'blue' is only for mods and admin to use, so I've changed it to navy. ^^)

Keep working on the story, anyway. nod Don't give up!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 1312Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 2412Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 3349Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 3548Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 4/14/2010, 10:22 pm

Omg Mells! Thanks for telling me you started a story! Don't worry; I'll help you with the grammar errors tomorrow (:
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique4Cheer 4/14/2010, 10:38 pm

It's 2 different perspectives. And I'm sorry I'm still trying to figure out all the rules even tho i read the rule guide.
Monique4Cheer
Monique4Cheer
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

SnowFlake

Krabby

Swirl

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/14/2010, 11:31 pm

Mkay! ^^

That's all right, I know I have a lot, so I don't blame you if you're overwhelmed. nod You'll be fine with time.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 1312Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 2412Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 3349Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 3548Unexpected [Unfinished] *Updated* Chapter 6 is up! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 4/15/2010, 10:34 pm

It's great Tigger ^-^, don't worry if you don't think so, you will get more confident with your writing the more you work on it. I was....Eh, not good when joined here but now my writing skills have blossomed! All thanks to my awesome TWIGey family that encouraged me all the way Smile
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down