The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|| Blood.of.my.Blood ||

2 posters

Go down

|| Blood.of.my.Blood || Empty || Blood.of.my.Blood ||

Post by Silver 4/17/2010, 7:26 pm

Maturity: as high as possible
Fantasy: a fair bit

|| Blood.of.my.Blood || 1zz25xf

Welcome to the world...just not as you know it.

Standing stones have always been the talk of myths and legends and magic. But sometimes...someone can go through, and find themselves in a whole different place than they were before. No one knows why this is, but they say that traveling through the stones is a dangerous business, and not everyone survives the passage.

And then there's the small matter of who you will meet on the other side of the stones. And what will happen to you. It's a fickle thing, time traveling. So be careful...

|| Blood.of.my.Blood || E868uh

Characters:

Gwyneth Whitestock [Silver]
Talon Kyle Hobbes [Ave]

|| Blood.of.my.Blood || 33dxl3a

Last edited by Silver on 4/19/2010, 7:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
|| Blood.of.my.Blood || Siggy
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll
Female Posts : 183

Back to top Go down

|| Blood.of.my.Blood || Empty Re: || Blood.of.my.Blood ||

Post by Silver 4/17/2010, 7:45 pm

They say you never know death
until it comes for you...
She could still hear the terrible buzzing. Like a hoard of bees that had lost their queen and now were dead set on revenge. She could hear the crack of non-existent lightning as it struck the stone. And the screams. She could hear each scream, every one of them, horrible and transfixing in their own way. She could feel the terror, still welling up inside of her, pressing up in her breast and working its way through her throat into a piercing scream.

All of this because of the stones. She, Gwyneth Whitestock, more commonly known as Gwen, had seen the stones before, in textbooks, in stories, in movies. She knew that people believed there was magic about them, but being her cynical self, she'd never really paid them any mind. Until she'd touched the stone, and the noise had commenced.

Now she picked herself up off of her knees, where she had found herself, and glanced around. Previously in Glasgow, Scotland, Gwen had seen the rolling hills and the lakes and the high sun of the morning. Now though, it was dark, and mist clouded her sight. This isn't good, she thought. Her heart beat frantically in her chest, but she decided to stay put until the morning, for lack of any better ideas.

...but sometimes you can hear death
just beyond the stones.

comments: Sorry about the shortish post. I just wanted to get it done so we can start.
word count: 213 ... I think I'll make another post to add to this one. 213 words is sad.
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver 4/18/2010, 4:17 pm

Reply?
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 4/18/2010, 4:33 pm

ooc - Sorry about taking so long to reply. I was pretty busy yesterday and I've still got a lot of private roleplays to respond to. I'm driving home from a soccer game right now so I'm on my phone, but once I get back on the computer I'll reply. Smile
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver 4/18/2010, 4:34 pm

OOC ~~ that's fine. no rush. Smile
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 4/19/2010, 12:20 am

( TALON KYLE HOBBES )

PLEASE DON'T CRY ONE TEAR FOR ME, I'M NOT AFRAID
OF WHAT I HAVE TO SAY
    A gentle breeze flew by the branches of the trees, rustling the leaves as it passed. He shivered as he listened to the sound of the wind whispering it's secrets through the forest, though that wasn't the only thing that made him shake. The cold air still danced around him, oviously unaware of the clothes he was wearing that were definitely not suitable for this time of weather. After all, though, he hadn't expected it to be this chilly out, and he knew he was going to have to learn to get used to the weather if he was going to need to come out here every so often to hunt and gather food for his sister. He would have let her come out with him to hunt once in a while, but he was too afraid that she would do something dangerous or something bad would happen and either, or both, of their lives would be lost. He cringed at even the slight thought of it, and tried his best to chase the possible outcome out of his mind.

Letting out a small sigh, Talon continued walking slowly, staring down at his boots the whole time while they made the strange sound of soles against the mud. It had just rained, for the first time this season, and while usually, that would have been a good thing, lately it wasn't. He shrugged the complaint off, though, considering if he had no control over the weather and when it decided to pour or not, he wouldn't even try to change it.

He thought about what it meant now that he was the head of the house. When his mother had just recently died, she put him in charge, considering he was 19 already and the only man in the house. His sister, Anabella, was only 11 at the moment, and he needed to take care of her and make sure their secret didn't get out. In a place like this, if the government found out that he and his sister were mages, their heads would be off in no time. That was probably why their mother had chosen a house so deep into the forest - to hide them.

He gave his head a needed shake, knowing that he shouldn't be thinking about this now. It would only lead him to thoughts about his father, thus distracting him. He had never met his dad; apparently, he had left when Talon was 3, after he had found out that he and his mother were mages. What he had heard from his mom was that his father has said that he loved her and his family, and that he would swear to keep their secret, but he just couldn't keep on living in the shadows. He didn't want to be killed for something that he wasn't, and that's why he made the descision of leaving his family behind. Talon still couldn't decide whether that was a good thing or not.

Under a heavy veil of night, he kept on walking, feeling his spear at his side. He knew he could have brought a gun or a bow and arrows, or even just used his powers, but the first two were generally not used when hunting in the forests, for a reason that was unknown to him, and the third? That was simply prohibited. He didn't know why they considered magic so horrible. After all, couldn't they use it in a positive way, to help the government or something like that? Then again, the government was so terrible that he didn't think anyone would even be willing to sacrifice their magic for them; plus, he didn't even know of anyone else who used magic.

The moon was high in the sky as he reached a small clearing that he often found prey in. He approached it slowly, spear in his hand, eyes narrowed. He could faintly make out a figure, and he was almost sure it was a deer, or even a Anti-wolf, one of the many species found in the realm of Toai and only in the realm of Toai. As he carefully made his way closer, though, he realized it wasn't an animal at all. He clapped his hands twice, knowing that if it was an animal, it would have run away by now. Hesitantly, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Is someone there?"

out of character --> sorry for the late reply!
    words --> seven hundred and thirty
    credit --> lyrics by Shinedown
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver 4/19/2010, 7:24 pm

They say you never know death
until it comes for you...

The dreams came unbidden, twisting her already shattered reality. She dreamed of monstrous beings, winged demons and horned beasts that would all come gladly to tear her limb from limb. One of those creatures was just upon her when she awoke sweating and shivering in the pale moonlit clearing. The wind sliced through her hair in a sudden gust that caused short locks of auburn to dance madly about her face. It left a deep cold that seeped into her bones, and made her feel like she would never be warm again. Unfortunately, this might have been the truth.

With an impatient brush, she pushed back the unruly tendrils and sat up, leaning on her hands placed behind her. The cold wasn’t the only thing bothering her. Shivering again, Gwen noted the absurd damp feeling in her backside, and stood up suddenly. A big, wet, muddy stain covered her short denim shorts in two big splotches where, of course, she had rocked from side to side in the process of getting up. She glared at her rear fiercely, but upon receiving no response, she turned and glared at the moon. It glared right back at her, and she gave up her silly act.

Really, all she wanted right now was to cry. To sit down, (Somewhere dry, she added with a frown,) and let the tears fall and fall until she had no more to give. As if to stress this desire, a tear escaped from its containment and slid down her cheek, leaving a salty sheen in its wake.

The more she thought about it, the more Gwen realized that she didn’t know where she was, she didn’t understand how she got wherever she was, and she didn’t know how to get back. Or if she could possibly get back to where it was she had come from. The thought left her hollow and afraid. Her knees seemed to turn to jelly, and she managed to find a fairly dry rock on which to sit down on.

Before finding herself here, in this dark, wild place, Gwyneth Whitestock had been a freshman studying at Cambridge University to become an anthropologist. She enjoyed watching and studying the personalities of the various persons that inhabited her small dormitory, and had even presented some of her notes in one of her class assignments. Her professors had deemed her very bright, and a rising star in the Social Sciences and Humanities. All of those positive reviews made it unlikely that she should ever be alone, but alone she was.

Gwen was a very solitary person; her own family found it hard to delve into her brilliant mind. She was especially wary of strangers, not giving out her own personal information willingly. Relationships never lasted long for her, and perhaps that was why she was given to having some minor trust issues. She’d certainly thought about it. Nothing, though, could explain the complex workings of her warped mind. She resented the fact.

Now, as the mist continued to disperse, she was no closer to answering that question than she’d been before. All that had changed was the level of nervousness that continued to grow. It formed a lump in her throat that she couldn’t swallow, and was a constant reminder that she was alone in a strange place that she didn’t know the dangers of. So when she heard the voice of another human being, male, her mind automatically decided, she almost deflated in a sort of relieved defeat. She lifted herself carefully off of the stone so that she wouldn’t slip on the muddy patch that had left her rump cold and damp. Standing at her average height of five feet, six inches, she could just see the moonlit outline of a head, and of that, she could only just make out the hair on the figure’s head. Her breath caught in her throat as she responded to the question with a parched voice.

“Y-yes,” she croaked. “I’m here, but who are you?”

...but sometimes you can hear death
just beyond the stones.

comments: It's fine. Your post is fantastic by the way. I love his character.
word count: 670
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver 5/17/2010, 4:37 pm

OOC || ehm...post, ave?
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/17/2010, 4:39 pm

out of character --> dude, I'm sorry. D: I'm getting to roleplay posts right now, so I can promise it'll be today.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver 5/17/2010, 4:41 pm

ooc || s'okay. (: My internet's been down for the longest time, so I just finally got back on.
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/17/2010, 4:42 pm

out of character --> i'm sure you were disappointed to see that I hadn't replied yet. XD
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver 5/17/2010, 4:43 pm

ooc || nah, just overwhelmed with guilt that I haven't replied to other people on here and on WI. Wink
Silver
Silver
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Avo --
Eve --

My Dragon Scroll

Back to top Go down