The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|*| Cyn's Song |*| said i'm okay, but i know how to lie.

2 posters

Go down

|*| Cyn's Song |*| said i'm okay, but i know how to lie. Empty |*| Cyn's Song |*| said i'm okay, but i know how to lie.

Post by Cyn431 4/30/2010, 11:03 pm

9:35 PM

Sorry I'm so late on making this blog. My county just recently got cleared of a tornado warning that's been going on for an hour, ended about ten minutes before the time said above. Having said that, I didn't want my laptop blowing up in my face. no So just for safety precautions I lingered elsewhere. But now I have returned from the storm to write about my day!

Today we had this test in Language Arts for our vocabulary and comprehension. I can't remember the word right now, but there was this one word that I totally blanked out on. -.- Out of the five choices for synonyms, there were saddle, loop, prose, and two other insignificant options to choose from. I said loop 'cause I had no idea. xD

Also, I know very well what the word involved means, but the choices were absurd for that question. It could either mean complicated or be without or a couple of other totally off-base answers. I said it was complicated... But that question was stuuuuuupiiiiiiiiid...

Geography was freakishly awesome for me. Y'see, we had to do these presentations as the final portion of this three/four-day assessment, and as less and less people remained to present, eventually it came down to this one friend and me as to who would be the last woman standing. I was the last one. grin I like knowing my fate, it makes me more comfortable and strengthens my presentation skills.

So at the end of a Powerpoint we're supposed to keep our mouths shut and our hands separate. I finish my sucky performance, and all of a sudden everybody's shouting and applauding like heck. It wasn't all that great... As instructed, I handed my papers to the teacher, and as I return to my seat, the people that sit around me are all wide-eyed and all that jazz. ("That was amazing!" "Talk about saving the best for last!")

Golly, I was just as good as the next kid. xD Oh well. I think it's helped me become better friends with a group of people I want to be friends with, strangely enough. They're awesome. Very Happy (And yes, Jack, if by some extreme means you end up reading this, that means you.)

PE was okay too. I mean, I felt like I was going to have an asthma attack--which is rare for my physically induced issues--enough to make me lie on the picnic table... But what I'm trying to get at is the beginning of class. I didn't feel like changing into my clothes, which was just soccer shorts and a Cards' shirt, and the teacher said, "Well, since you're wearing Cardinals clothes I'll let you go." And I was like, sweeeeeet. Cool

Other than the tornado warning and sucky asthma, it sounds like I had a pretty good day. Then what's up with the title?

I came across another song by this band called Yellowcard, whom created one of my favorite songs as a younger child, Ocean Avenue. It's been on repeat on YouTube and Rhapsody for a good long while now, and this line in particular seemed to speak to me generally.

I'm really hungry and thirsty. "You okay?" "Yeah." -- My dog gives me twenty new scars on my right arm. "You okay?" "Yeah." -- I fall flat on my face. "You okay?" "Yeah."

Usually it's not all that serious, but whenever I do that kind of thing... They have no idea. I guess it's not really that I say I'm okay, but I act like I don't have a care in the world. Then again, who would want to expose their troubles to the rest of the world? (I know a couple of people, but not many.) That being said, I'm probably not the only one.

Random complaint time!! -- >
SAMMY SHUT THE FREAK UP. <.<

I say that because she insists it's 1-2-4 instead of 1-2-3, and A-B-D instead of A-B-C, and I-J-L instead of I-J-K. (Autistic. -.-) She tries to make other people think it too by screaming it at the top of her lungs, "AY BEE DEE! AY BEE DEE!" or "ONE TWO FOUR! ONE TWO FOUR!" I mean, yeah, I respect my sister and her autistic ways, but really... When she's sitting a yard away from you and she's screaming really high and loud... Meh... T.T

And I think it's question time.

1. Any severe weather experiences you'd like to share?
2. Is involved complicated?
3. Do you like Yellowcard? Or at least this song?
4. Thoughts on autism?

My Answers--
1. Too many to count. xP
2. I'm asking
you.
3. This song, and another. =D
4. I don't want to clutter the page. xD

10:01 PM
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

|*| Cyn's Song |*| said i'm okay, but i know how to lie. Empty Re: |*| Cyn's Song |*| said i'm okay, but i know how to lie.

Post by Avé 5/1/2010, 4:46 am

I hate tornado warningss. o__o

We rarely get them over here, but when we do, I get freaked out. See, I hate tornadoes - I don't know why, though hurricanes are awesome. x3 I remember when we had to evacuate a few years ago, so we drove up to Orlando with our friends. The day before the hurricane, we went to one of Disney parks, and it was so empty. It was seriously awesome. xD

1. Any severe weather experiences you'd like to share? Erm... hurricanes!
2. Is involved complicated? I don't know? XD
3. Do you like Yellowcard? Or at least this song? I've never really listened to Yellowcard before, but this song is pretty good. nod
4. Thoughts on autism? To tell you the truth, I don't know much about it. Dx
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

|*| Cyn's Song |*| said i'm okay, but i know how to lie. Empty Re: |*| Cyn's Song |*| said i'm okay, but i know how to lie.

Post by Cyn431 5/1/2010, 2:21 pm

Tornadoes lift your house and take you to the land of Oz. Hurricanes just destroy it. xD Now that part of a hurricane I would understand to be pretty awesome.

2. xD Me either.
3. Coolio. Very Happy
4. No worries, not a lot of people do. no
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down