The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing [Unfinished]

Go down

Missing [Unfinished] Empty Missing [Unfinished]

Post by Hahaha818 6/2/2010, 5:02 pm

367 more words to my goal. Putting me at 2410 of 100,000
_________________________________________________________________________________

My name is Vanessa Macaulay. I was thirteen years old when I was taken from my bedroom in the middle of the night. I heard the sound of shattering glass and then before I could do anything, a hand was over my mouth and I was lifted from my bed. A man’s voice told me that if I tried to get away or scream he would kill me then the rest of my family. I didn’t want anything to happen to my parents and sister and brother so I went with the man willingly.
The man pulled me out the way he came in–obviously not caring whether or not I got cut by the broken shards of glass left in the window frame. He put a bag over my head so I wouldn’t be able to tell where he was taking me and also because he didn’t want me to see him while he was driving–he had stayed behind me with his hand on my face, keeping me from turning my head to see him.
I heard a car door opening and then I was shoved up onto a step and put in the backseat of what I assumed was a truck. I heard the door shut and another one open then close. The car started and then we were moving. I tried my hardest to keep track of the turns the vehicle made, but after awhile I couldn’t remember how many times we had turned or how far we had gone.
I must have fallen asleep at some point, because I woke up to rough hands shaking my shoulders, hard. “Get up!” the man’s voice hissed in my ear. I obeyed sleepily.
I was pulled out of the car and pushed forward. I could smell...something. Tortillas maybe? I could also smell something sweet, like candy. As I was being roughly shoved from behind, I realized I could hear something other than my own panting breaths. It sounded like smokestacks pumping. So that must mean I was near a factory of some sort, right? That would also explain the smell of tortillas and candy. I was somewhere close to a tortilla factory and a candy factory. Hmm.
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down