The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll...

+2
Avé
DragonStar
6 posters

Go down

- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... Empty - - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll...

Post by DragonStar 6/9/2010, 3:00 am

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH.
the musings of a teenage writer, artist, musician, life-living unschooler.

Pull up a chair and sit - want some tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juice? Just water for now? Okay, then. (: Feel free to have a cookie.
Before you start reading, you should probably know that I talk about a loooooooooooot of stuff. If it bugs you, you don't have to read. (:

- - -

post for JUNE FIFTH, TWO THOUSAND &TEN.

Blog post number four(4)[IV]. I'm on a roll~

SO, LIKE, I DECIDED TO SAY "TO HECK WITH THESE SECTIONS, I DON'T NEED 'EM."

First of all…

Wow, guys! Thank you so, so much for the awesome response on my last post. It was amazing – and almost overwhelming to get as many views as I did; over 250!

To be honest, I wasn’t exactly sure if I’d be flamed, hated, or outright banned for posting what I did… thank you, you wonderful admins, for not making me leave the site. I salute you. (:

I really don’t have a topic for this entry. XD I decided to get rid of the other two sections; they were cluttering up the page a little too much for my taste – so why have them?

Things in my personal life have been quiet and, as usually, pretty uneventful. Ave persuaded me to read Death Note about a month ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. But, the thing is… since it’s all released; once you finish it, it’s over. A lot of things that I’ve cherished and been lucky enough to follow as they’re released are like that; the Warriors series is coming to an end, three years ago the last Harry Potter book was released and the movies will soon, too, be over and done with.

It’s almost like life. “Okay, yep, done with that year – on to the next” is the attitude that I’ve seen some people take.

I almost wish it were still 2006 or 2007, and the last Potter book was still being eagerly anticipated… heck, I wish I had been around – and been a fan – for long enough to go to more than just the two release parties that I did. It was a truly magical (har, har) experience.

There are several other things that, sadly, will also come to an end. Childhood is something that I feel like I should cling to – but, in this society, it isn’t ‘right’ for a fourteen, fifteen, or sixteen year-old to act as if they’re nine. Not ‘right’, not ‘cool’, not this, not that – honestly. Can’t we act how we want?

In other trains of thought: I’ve completely given up on newscasters. Every single one of them is a biased jerk!

-cough- But I won’t go any further on that ‘cause I’m already annoyed with them…

Lately I’ve been thinking about whom it is that I particularly admire – along with what I want to do ‘when I grow up’.

For the first part… well, I’m not sure. My parents are at the top of the list, but aside from that?

And for the second… who says I need to do it when I grow up? And why do I only have to do one thing?
When I’m old enough, I want to work at a Renaissance festival.
I’d absolutely love to do something more with music.
I’m going to become a concept artist. No, I don’t want to be a concept artist – I am GOING to become one. (:

Determination.
I has it.

…Human-drawing skillz.
I needs them.
>_>

And, well, now I’ve gone and lost the rest of my inspiration for writing this. So. I’ll follow the trend here and ask a couple of QUESTIONS. |D Don’cha love ‘em?

Who do YOU admire?
We’re six months in – have you had a good year so far?
What do you want to do as a vocation/avocation?
What do you see yourself doing in 10 to 15 years?
(Ego-fluffing time… XD) Did you read/like my last blog post?

‘Night, folks. (:
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... Empty Re: - - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll...

Post by Avé 6/9/2010, 4:11 am

Determination.
You has it.

Who do YOU admire? Many people. nod
We’re six months in – have you had a good year so far? It's too early to decide. Razz
What do you want to do as a vocation/avocation? -shrug- I really don't know.
What do you see yourself doing in 10 to 15 years? I see myself with Dimitri... if that counts.
(Ego-fluffing time… XD) Did you read/like my last blog post? Yes to both! applause
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... Empty Re: - - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll...

Post by Akeria 6/9/2010, 6:40 am

Who do YOU admire? Lots of people, it depends on the situation. I'm more of a person who doles out respect.
We’re six months in – have you had a good year so far?I think so. This is my craziest time of year, so I'll let you know after that's over...
What do you want to do as a vocation/avocation? I want to be on Broadway so bad. But my Mom says it's a waste of my time, and it's not worth it.
What do you see yourself doing in 10 to 15 years? On Broadway... Cool thing about that major in college is that you can minor in English. Very Happy
(Ego-fluffing time… XD) Did you read/like my last blog post? Yes I absolutely did. I was part of the "argument" in the comments section.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/9/2010, 12:23 pm

We’re six months in – have you had a good year so far? I think so...
What do you want to do as a vocation/avocation? Like, job? I wanna be a programmer.
What do you see yourself doing in 10 to 15 years? Being a programmer. Or, like, ruling the world.
You know what? I don't actually know. >.> 'Cause my interests change so quickly... less than a year ago I didn't know how to even code basic HTML, so... I really have no idea.
(Ego-fluffing time… XD) Did you read/like my last blog post? Your last blog post was amazing. While I might have wanted to scream at some of the people (xP) I kept civilized and I think that some people considered their points of view again. Which is great.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStar 6/9/2010, 11:37 pm

Ave
1. Yay!
2. It's never too early. Razz
3. Ahh.
4. -facepalm-
5. Whoot.

Akeria
1. Good for you. (:
2. That's good. Crazy times can be interesting.
3. Hey, dude. If you wanna be on Broadway, set that as your goal. It's not impossible.
4. Awesome!
5. Haha, I saw. ^_^ I'm glad you liked it so much. (:

Arianna
1. Good!
2. Awesome. o:
3. The first part sounds totally snazzy... come to think of it, so does the second.
4. Yeah, it is. (: I was so glad not to be flamed... hah. XD I hope it stirred up some thoughts.
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 6/9/2010, 11:55 pm

Who do YOU admire? A few people..
We’re six months in – have you had a good year so far? Meh. I guess. MUCH better then last year I 'spose.
What do you want to do as a vocation/avocation? Something with art.
What do you see yourself doing in 10 to 15 years? Hmm...either as a photographer, game designer, or artist or something. I plan on attending one of the Art Institutes that they have over the US.
Yesh and yesh.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/10/2010, 12:49 am

Who do YOU admire?
There's lots of people . . . but you top my list for sure, Draggy. ^^ I wish I was unschooled, and I know I've said it before, but still. XD Maybe then I'd have the time to be as leet a person as you are in everything.
We're six months in - have you had a good year so far?
Wow, already?! o_O Well, actually, yes. applause I've had a very good year.
What do you want to do as a vocation/avocation?
Well, I wanna write, but I also wanna be a vet . . . and I think I've got it figured out, but idk for sure yet all the same. XD
What do you see yourself doing in 10 to 15 years?
Getting married? XD
You know it. ^^ I'm not honestly sure whether I liked or disliked it . . . I was impressed and my thoughts were provoked by it, but never actually formed an opinion. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 1312- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 2412- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 3349- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 3548- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStar 6/10/2010, 4:27 am

Noah
1. Whoot. (:
2. I'm glad it's better!
3. Ooh, awesome! The arts are fantastic.
4. Oooooh... is there any specific game you'd like to design - like working with Blizzard Entertainment, for example? Or would you rather do your own games and stuff?
5. ^__^

Shadow
1. I'm touched. c: Thank you.
2. Yeah, already! It's weird, isn't it?! And yay! So have I. o:
3. Oooh... Well, you could always be a veterinarian for your vocation, and then a writer as a hobby/side job. o: Who says you need to have just ONE profession?
4. Ooh la la. ;D
5. Wheee, it makes my day when I impress a site owner. XD Seriously, though. I'm glad you read it and didn't feel the need to take it down because of the subject matter or anything.
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/10/2010, 4:38 am

1. You're welcome. ^^
2. That's good! :3 And what in particular made your year so great?
3. Aha! See, that's exactly what I do want to try to do! :3 (I just feel a little bad for it, cus it seems like I'm betraying the writing part of me. XD)
4. rolleyes
5. Yeah, it wasn't questionable or anything. ^^ I'm actually glad you did decide to post it, especially since it's helped me to try harder to figure out my own beliefs on the matter. (No, I haven't figured them out fully yet, but I'm getting there. XD)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 1312- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 2412- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 3349- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 3548- - - SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH - - - [6.9.10] i'm on a roll... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down