The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

& Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ ||

+3
Noah the Flood
leah_hope92
Cyn431
7 posters

Go down

& Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ || Empty & Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ ||

Post by Cyn431 6/24/2010, 6:14 pm

Cyn's Song
Pātotaimu no kashu toshite, sakka, kyōjin, watashi wa kokorokara anata ga watashi no ichi-nichi o kiite nyūsatsu.

1:17 PM
2:16 PM

Yeah, I'd initially wanted to start this blog at one, but then I got caught up in something else and ended up getting back to the actual blog at two. Eh heh.

So. Um. Well, my throat isn't terrible, but I can't say it's better than yesterday. I've never drank so much water in my life, I'll tell you that. >.> I mean, yes I do drink my glass or two a day, but I think I've already had four. I guess that's what I get with a sore throat and recording fandubs for half an hour straight last night. If my throat's up to it I'm going to do that again tonight.

I'm disappointed with last night's work though. Twenty minutes of that time was spent on the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Opening fandub created by geekymcgeekstein, and Audacity felt like making some techno squiggles somewhere in the middle. There are two little one second sessions of that, and they really make me unhappy with the vocals. I also went back and added backing vocals, which I seem to never be able to hit dead on, even after taking typically successful crash courses on them. Huh. Oh well, I'll post a Tinypic link to the audio track of my recording later if I get the time to do it, and the strength to humiliate myself on trying to do such a hard song. (Then again, it's harder in Japanese, but I know I'll be able to do that in time, 'cause I can already do parts of it ... )

Hey, speaking of that opening, it's in the Playlist! And speaking of the Playlist, let's talk about the Playlist! Last time I found out I had some odd acoustic version of One Week instead of the original, but I didn't mind, it still sounded good. So I went on YouTube and listened to the real One Week, and up in the corner it said next in the mix for Barenaked Ladies was their song Enid. There's this demonic character on the Dragon Emporium named Enidetra, so I freaked out and checked it out. Though it may be from the nineties, it fits the RP freakishly well. Plus the video predicted Pepsi's new logo! :O So yeah, with that in mind and fellow DEers freaking out alongside me, I had to make a Playlist along that theme.

1. Again, by YUI. This is the Japanese version, which I consider much more beautiful and angelic and swift and crisp than the English fandub (but geekymcgeekstein's version is awesome too!). It makes me think of many people's first encounter with the Slayer leader Enidetra, particularly if they end up on the support-dragons side of things. As I don't have the translation in front of me, I can't give a proper feeling towards this song.
2. Supernatural, by Daughtry. Now I'll get more specifically. This is actually one of the songs I thought suited Pop's character Leon Prayet, and let's put him in this situation. In the RP he actually got sucked into the whole Slayer thing by means I'd rather not recall. This kind of talks about all that.
3. Enid, by the Barenaked Ladies. This is where Leon would say something like, "Ypu know, Enidetra, come to think of it, you really suck and hate me—heck, we never knew or liked each other anyway, you obese crossdresser!" Well, Leo probably wouldn't say those last three words (little joke from the lyrics), but the point came across.
4. Uso, by SID. Yup, this is another Japanese song, but I don't think there's an English fandub for this one. I'll search YouTube for one though. So yeah, this is the song where Leo would go "hasta la vista!" and get the heck out of there. 'Nuff said.

Oh, and if you want the lyrics and a translation to those Japanese songs to understand why I chose them, you can look up Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as a Show when you go to animelyrics.com, and look for Again as an Opening and Uso as an Ending once you find the show.

If you want to actually hear English versions, look up "geekyfandubs again" on YouTube and choose the Original Key version (it's better in my opinion) for the song Again, then go to this link for a decent English fandub of Uso.

Now, moving on to the rambles! Thanks to Poppers, Leah, Noah, Heather and Lucky for topics!

The Miraculous Handiness of Rainbow Band-Aids
--------Without rainbow band aids, we would all bleed to death, unless we all got eaten by the vampires first. Whichever one doesn't hurt as much would be my preference. I think that means I'd be eaten by a vampire ... Haha, if I get eaten, I'll be eaten by James! mwahahaha ... Wait, bad thought. Oh well. Sorry you got that image. xD

The Things That Annoy Leah
--------Godmodding, people denying that they're godmodding when they (obviously) are, people typing in all caps, people destroying the purpose of RPing, people typing in all caps while destroying the purpose of RPing, people obliviously godmodding in all caps on an RP-purpose-defeating RP ... Any combination of those and you've got it.

Drake & Ruby
--------Oh boy. xD So Drake Ferno (Noah's charrie) is the evil Slayer older brother to Alex Ferno, and is rather flirtatious towards my character Ruby Spilmor, another Slayer who's modeled by Bryce Dallas Howard (I think the long hair now, short hair later). As for Drake, he might be modeled by a Mike Heizer, I'm not quite sure what the decision was on that. Anyway, so you could almost say they're partners in "crime", being Slayers and all, while they also like each other. Whether they know it or not, I'm not sure if that was ever decided either, but they definitely do have a thing for each other. ^^ In the original DE I remember Drake dying, though. I think. My memory might be faulty. Noah, correct me if I'm wrong there. Anyway, that's hard to get in depth with, because it hardly went anywhere.

Actors ≠ Girls
--------Why is it that someone on Yahoo! Answers will ask for an actor of a certain description and be given a girl? I think it's common knowledge that actor means male while actress means female. Now, I'm not saying it's incorrect to provide Justin Bieber if one asks for an actress, that is totally acceptable. But if someone asks for a blond actor, don't provide Dakota Fanning. It just doesn't work. I even saw somebody answering a question on Yahoo! Answers and they were having some kind of jumble up in their answer like "wait, do you want no disney actors and no boys or do you want both disney actors and boys!?" and my jaw practically dropped of the stupidity of the situation, because in the title question the person had asked for a teen actor, and then even went into the description to say they wanted a male! It was unnerving!
--------I'm also hearing that there's been some controversy over the whole "actors and actresses" thing. People are now saying it's (genderist) and disrupts the idea of equality. I can't say I have anything to say in support of what we use already, but why would it disrupt equality? I don't know why people think we need total equality, and even then, is "male actor and female actor" any more equal than "actor and actress"? It's not in my mind. So golly, get over it. For now people, when someone acts for an ACTOR, give a BOY. Save the girls for the actresses.

Chocolate
--------It's amazing and you can make it out of a tree! How amazing is that? And did you know that if you get the dark evil kind it's technically a vegetable? So evil is healthy for you! Bwahaha! >D Can you tell I've eaten some recently?

Blankets
--------Oh my gosh, they make talking on the phone impossible, and you're always too humongous to fit under them, and in the end you get so frustrated you're about to cry to your friend which you were finally able to talk to after twenty minutes of pointless hassle in order to grab the phone! So what do you do? You put on an ugly smelly backwards robe that you paid twenty bucks for over the phone that you just ditched your best friend on and feel so much better! Plus you can trip all over the floor with them and break your head open. Isn't that wonderful?

Wind
--------This is what happens when air moves from high pressure belts to low pressure belts, causing air particles to move and create what we call wind. Uh huh. I paid attention in earth science class just last year. Now I'm a smarticle. ^^

thisissand.com
--------Oh my gosh, I have to thank Heather for showing me this website. It's this website where you click around and you drop sand on your screen. :O It's amazing, especially on Chrome in my opinion because there's no status bar for it to fall onto: it just falls straight to the bottom of the screen. Then again, this joint screen I'm using doesn't have a start menu on it, but you know. And you can change the color, and make gradients, and it's so much fun! Go there noweth. o.o

CNN
--------I've never really been a big fan of CNN. I mean, I'm interested in politics, but only to a degree. I get into it for elections and a couple big issues, but I don't really listen to the huge TV debates on it. They're just boring. I like the facts, then I make my own opinions. And I prefer to share my opinions with people more relative to my age than fifty year olds on the TV screen (no offense to the fifty year olds of the world!). `^^ If I like a teacher I'll share with them too.

Laminating Machines
--------Twenty percent of copy machine errors are created because businessmen and businesswomen alike sit on them. I put bets twenty percent of laminating machine errors are created because businessmen and businesswomen alike sat on them as well, it's just that no one ever lives to tell the tale, though the evidence has been eternally preserved. Something to ponder about. (Why was I thinking of Ratty when I said this on this particular ramble? xD I do not mean to call you foolish or anything of the sort, Ratty! It was just sort of coincidental!)

iPhone 4
--------It's an iPod Touch that costs like a whole lot more money due to the internet costs, and the only real difference is when you talk to it, it talks back! Oh, and it has a microphone and a camera. They felt like they had to recreate it three times just because higher numbers look cooler next to that name (*pfft* no they don't—but the death number's my fave! (4) so now we'll be getting the new iPhone 4 soon! Well, not myself as I am a Verizon user, but yeah. You know what I mean.

Enid gave me some questions before he went on his way, so I'm going to give some to you!

1. Thoughts on the actors issue?
2. What do you think of the Snuggie?
3. Did you go to thisissand.com?
4. You won the random contest! What did you say to win?

I realized there's this thirty five year old British rock band called The Enid, and one of the current members looks somewhat like Enidetra. So now I'll be moving into my basement for about five millennia with my Guitar Hero, laptop and charger. nod

Toodles,

--| Cyn

5:12 PM

Original Word Count: 62568
Word Count After Blog: 64529

Last edited by Cyn431 on 6/29/2010, 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

& Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ || Empty Re: & Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ ||

Post by leah_hope92 6/24/2010, 6:33 pm

1. Thoughts on the actors issue? I'm completely with you. Actor = male, actress = female.
2. What do you think of the Snuggie? Well, I got one myself [as a present] though I've never used it. I'd personally wrap myself in a blanket and duct tape it. Make it a funny-looking long strapless [meaning hands!] dress.
3. Did you go to thisissand.com? Nope, but I will.
4. You won the random contest! What did you say to win? I forgot. O.O -thinks-

Bleh. I just want to pound my head against a wall. :wallbash:
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

& Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ || Empty Re: & Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ ||

Post by Noah the Flood 6/24/2010, 6:42 pm

1. Thoughts on the actors issue? I think with the Actor=Male, Actress=Female, is the best. I mean, for awards we'd have to give one for overall actor/actress if it was one word!
2. What do you think of the Snuggie? It think its quite..odd.
3. Did you go to thisissand.com? YUSH. I love it.
4. You won the random contest! What did you say to win? Ugmg..ughmg....ughgmg.....BLOCKBUSTER'SGAMESELECTIONSUCKS
xD
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/24/2010, 6:47 pm

I've been missing your blogs lately. I'm sorry. D: I just haven't had much time!

1. Thoughts on the actors issue? I personally call both of them actors, but it's not for any of the reasons you said up there. I don't think, at least. It's just something that my old acting teacher told us, and it's stuck with me ever since.
2. What do you think of the Snuggie? Ew. >.<
3. Did you go to thisissand.com? That. Was. Awesome. o.0
4. You won the random contest! What did you say to win? Who everyone would be if Twig preformed a Death Note musical. :O
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/24/2010, 7:05 pm

@Leah:
2. Shweeeet.
4. Okai! nod

@Noah:
2. You should look up the (abbreviation for What The Freak) Blanket on YouTube—actually, the whole series for it. Quite funny. x3
4. They have a game selection? Razz

@Ave:
1. That's the same with me and something I heard on blond being for guys and blonde being for girls... I know, no relevance whatsoever, but oh well. xD
3. I know, right?
4. :O I must do that topic.

And no worries about missing my bloggehs. (;
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 6/24/2010, 7:19 pm

1. Thoughts on the actors issue? Agree.
2. What do you think of the Snuggie? Kinda weird xD
3. Did you go to thisissand.com? nope xD
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
& Cyn's Song ♪ | this is the kind of pain i love ♫ || Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/24/2010, 8:21 pm

@Emily:
2. Yush. nod Kinda is an understatement, though. xD
3. You'll regret it! (; xD
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 6/24/2010, 9:13 pm

1. Thoughts on the actors issue?
To be honest? I don't know! I think it's stupid that people don't get the point that actor refers to male while actress refers to female...And to those who think it's "genderist"; well, then, if dividing boys and girls is so taboo, then why call them "boys" and "girls" instead of "human beings?" xP If you think about it, it's practically the same thing, just pointing out someone's gender, making those who don't believe in 'actor' and 'actress' hypocritical.
Or at least, the way it plays out in my mind, they are....
What do you think of the Snuggie?
My little sister has one. o.O And I really don't like it...I'm not aloud anywhere near it, of course, xD, but I don't like it. It's stupid.
And so is the book light. >.>
3. Did you go to
thisissand.com?
I showed it to you, man. xD
4. You won the random contest! What
did you say to win?
FROG LEGS. Yumm. Butter knuckle. Peanut Brittle. Facebook.
[:
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/24/2010, 11:06 pm

@Heather:
1. Same thing I tried to say in the blog! Except you just explained it ten times better. nod
2. Reminds me of that WT(Freak) Blanket again, now they just kind of gave up in the commercial parody and at the end complained about how stupid giving them a book light with it was—besides, in the commercial the woman is using it in broad daylight! (My "friend" was using it on the bus and we broke it. Eh heh. xD)
3. True.
4. Okaiz! Very Happy
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by popcornkernel 6/25/2010, 6:25 pm

I'm sorry I keep just bypassing the questions but... I just died laughing.
A whole song section dedicated to Enid and his obnoxious grandson.
xD
**dies**
I just got mantal images of Leo waving, shouting 'Hasta la vista' and jumping on his dragon or whatever xD
Brilliant.
popcornkernel
popcornkernel
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/25/2010, 6:29 pm

*reads back**falls into fit of laughter*
Wow, I didn't realize just how funny that little description was. xD
Oh, wow, er, Pop, I'd rather not die, but thanks for sharing 'cause I think I already have at this point. Razz
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down