The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writers Block

4 posters

Go down

Writers Block Empty Writers Block

Post by Incubus 6/27/2010, 5:44 am

The ultimate disease among our kind. Writers Block. A living nightmare. Well, I'd say spiders are worse...But writers block comes second
Well its not all that bad...lets look at it optimistically!
...who in the world am I kidding?
I'm suffering from writers block at the moment, so I decided to write about writers block, and well it seems like the perfect way to get rid of it.(Not really, I'm thinking up of a whole load of crap.)
When 'one is not suffering from writers block' they usually have ideas flowing into their head. And when 'one is suffering from writers block' they usually have to sit and think, and every idea that 'flows into their head' they just crumple up and through over their shoulder.
Here are a few ideas I thought of when writers block came knocking on my door--->And the reasons why I disposed of them...
1.Write about getting trapped in a smugglers cave--->Are you kidding me? What are you, Enid Blyton?
2. School Life---> Leave that to 'Chicken Soup'.
3. Death---> Haven't you written a whole load of crap about that already?
4. Getting abducted by aliens---> Ok, now your just DESPERATE!
5. Suicide---> Isn't that death?
6. Being stalked by the ghost of my unborn twin--->I'm ashamed of being the little, annoying voice in your head.

Pretty awful, eh?(This is the part where you say, they're fine...)
But writers block can be cured by eating ice-cream. Vanilla ice-cream. With chocolate syrup. And roasted peanuts.(I'm just kidding, I hate nuts on my ice-cream, I just needed to make the whole paragraph longer.)

Well ice-cream does help, I kid not. It gives you a brain freeze, and however funny they may be on the telly, I hate them!
At the end of this whole procedure, either you'll switch on the TV and decide never to read my blog posts again. Or read on...
I have no idea how to cure writers block.
Now, if your suffering from writers block you can do either of the two:
1. Google 'How to cure writers block,' I bet you''ll find stuff about finding inspiration and all.
2. Be proud. Because if you have a writers block, that means your a writer... ^^
Wait...did I just say that? Ugh! It came out all mushy...
Oh, oh, oh! I got another one.
3. Read something, listen to music...just calm down! I'm not giving any money back gauruntee, but it just may help...
Incubus
Incubus
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Writers Block Empty Re: Writers Block

Post by shadowsowner888 6/27/2010, 8:53 am

See, the thing is, I've never had writers block. XD I don't even believe it really exists. Like, in the words of another blog, do plumbers get plumbers block? Nope, they just get to plumbing. I think writers block is just people's minds not wanting to write, but it's always possible to really write if you actually try to and stop making yourself believe you can't.

. . . but that's up for debate, since I really wouldn't know. I did enjoy this blog, regardless of what I think. ^^ I'm sure it'll be helpful to those who do suffer from writers block! And plus, the humor was just fun.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Writers Block 1312Writers Block 2412Writers Block 3349Writers Block 3548Writers Block 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Incubus 6/27/2010, 9:56 am

^^ I get writers block just when I sit down and decide to write something :-P
But usually I have ideas flying into my head every now and then...and in the strangest of places, like I got my latest idea when I was drawing the structure of the internal ear during Biology Razz
Incubus
Incubus
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by B 6/27/2010, 10:11 am

I have that before I go to bed, because I write one chapter of a story that I'm writing before bed to calm me down.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStar 6/28/2010, 6:15 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:See, the thing is, I've never had writers block. XD I don't even believe it really exists. Like, in the words of another blog, do plumbers get plumbers block? Nope, they just get to plumbing. I think writers block is just people's minds not wanting to write, but it's always possible to really write if you actually try to and stop making yourself believe you can't.

. . . but that's up for debate, since I really wouldn't know. I did enjoy this blog, regardless of what I think. ^^ I'm sure it'll be helpful to those who do suffer from writers block! And plus, the humor was just fun.

"Do plumbers get plumber's block?"

Haha, is that a quote from the dear Patti Digh? (: It sounds awfully familiar.

I agree with Mrs. Digh; she has a whole post on How To Write a Book, which is a good thing to read if you're suffering from "writer's block".

[Link]
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/28/2010, 6:22 pm

Of course, Draggy! How did you know? XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Writers Block 1312Writers Block 2412Writers Block 3349Writers Block 3548Writers Block 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down