The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloggin' it up: Ouch.

+5
rattyjol
DragonStar
Rai
Cyn431
The Newms
9 posters

Go down

Bloggin' it up: Ouch. Empty Bloggin' it up: Ouch.

Post by The Newms 7/1/2010, 6:16 pm

Miss a day, miss a lot. So, if I miss two months....

I see an ad in my newspaper everyday that says "Miss a Day, Miss a Lot." Naturally, they're referring to their paper, but I thought the quote would work here.
I dunno how many of you play sports or run, so not all of you might relate. But seriously....taking time off is one thing. Taking a two month break is a different story.
I stopped running when spring track ended. I just thought "Awh, what the heck? I'll run again once summer kicks in. I'll use these next three weeks as recuperation."

But I didn't run when summer started, I was such a lazy bum. T.T So yesterday, I decided to abandon my laziness, and resume running once more.......!
I nearly collapsed after 3.5 miles.

I was so sore when I woke up this morning Dx Usually, I can crank out six miles a day, no sweat. That's just an expression. I actually do sweat when I run.... Thanks conscience. Back to the topic at hand, I felt so out of shape. Dx It was terrible. And then I decided to be a brilliant person and go bike seven miles today. My legs hurt like H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.

I think that lesson can be applied to a lot of things, actually. And since we're all writers here, we should know. If you feel stuck while working on a story, don't give up! Work on freewrites, or poetry maybe. Never get out of practice.

In other news, for those who play Pokemon, I got a Jirachi yesterday! -squee- I'm pretty excited, since this is the first 'cute' legendary I've ever gotten. Because I'm too lazy to use GameShark! Even though that would be so much easier.... Anyway, I like Jirachi because its cute, it sleeps a lot, and IT LEARNS DOOM DESIRE AT LEVEL 70 >=D Nothing like a cute little...er, whatever it is, that can blow people up.

That'll be it for now.

Hope you're not feeling as sore as I am!
Newms

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again?
2. Do you like to run? = D
3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are.
4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day.
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Bloggin' it up: Ouch. Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Bloggin' it up: Ouch. Empty Re: Bloggin' it up: Ouch.

Post by Cyn431 7/1/2010, 6:29 pm

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again? Sort of kind of. I had a bad throat, so I couldn't sing for a week (torture!!!), and when I tried again I sounded like Miley Cyrus with laryngitis. Not pretty. O_o
2. Do you like to run? = D If it means getting ice cream after I catch the ice cream man, sure.
3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are. Anything that can blow something up is awesome in my mind. applause Especially when they explode people!
4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day. *pokes indestructible waffle* Are you gonna talk to us or not? (I apologize if anyone found that offensive or revolting or any of that jazz.)
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 7/1/2010, 6:56 pm

An indestructable waffle.....well, there's no way I can really respond to that xD
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/1/2010, 7:28 pm

xD In my choir each year every grade has to do an end of the year project in which we create a fake product with a brand name, company name and a jingle. One year there was an all-male eighth grade group that did a parody of "The Metal" by Tenacious D in which they promoted The Indestructible Waffle. It's stuck to me ever since. Eh heh.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/1/2010, 7:32 pm

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again?: Yes! I've run, and have been out of shape for what I should be able to do: what makes me feel horrible when I pick it up again is the fact that it makes me feel fat/out of shape when I can't do what I should be able to. If that makes any sense at all. xD

2. Do you like to run? = D: YUS!

3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are: I don't play Pokemon, but I'm glad you got your Jirachi! Very Happy

4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day: Eh, it was fine. Razz I pulled an epiccc prank with my bestie, though. We did it to about a million people in my neighborhood. xDDD
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 7/1/2010, 8:21 pm

Cyn- That's a beautiful story xD

Rai- YAAAAAAY a fellow runner!
And also, about the prank part- I'm proud of you xD
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStar 7/1/2010, 8:33 pm

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again?
I am perpetually out of shape, and it seems I cannot get back /in/ shape.

2. Do you like to run? = D
ohyesverymuch.

3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are.
Yeah, I am. ^_^

4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day.
It was... uneventful. I did a couple'a quests on RuneScape, got in a fight with my best friend, and went to the bookstore. Wheee.
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/1/2010, 8:34 pm

3.5 miles? You think that's not much? -.- I can't even run one mile without taking walking breaks and almost dying afterwards. Well, not dying. But you know what I mean. xP

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again? YES. Happens every fall because I forget to do footwork for fencing over the summer. -.-
2. Do you like to run? = D Noooo. -.-
3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are. I do not play Pokémon and I do not know what a Jirachi is. xD But I also enjoy cute things that can blow things up. So yay! applause
4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day. Um... I went to camp. xD That's about it. I'm a lazy person too. grin
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/1/2010, 8:51 pm

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again? -remembers the season she started soccer again- Oh, gosh. XD
2. Do you like to run? = D Yes, definitely. Very Happy
3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are. Er.... yes!
4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day. We had rehearsal all day. Fun. XD
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/1/2010, 8:53 pm

*high fives*
Newms, I made a blog about it. xD It was soooo funny. xDDD
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 7/1/2010, 9:30 pm

Draggie - Woo, more runners! Sorry to hear about your fight. =/

Ratty - Fencing? I am jealous...Very jealous....

Ave - Oh, God, I used to play soccer too xD I never practiced, so I would always die at the begining of ever season...
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/1/2010, 10:51 pm

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again? Yush Dx
2. Do you like to run? = D Nooo. I'm not really sposed to run long distances anyway so..
3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are. YUSH! applause
4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day. I've been talking to you like, all day, dun think I need to tell you much about it xDDD
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 6:33 pm

1. Yes, it's called exercising, and it happens to me like every month or so. Razz
2. Yes! I just wish I had the stamina to run for more than like a quarter mile. Never think you're out of shape, Newms, not when I'm around. Cus if you do, I'll get Nuke back from my friend and tie him to a string and drag him behind me while I try to run. >D
3. :3 Of course! Even though I don't play, I'm still happy for you.
4. I went to sleep about around seven or eight last night, and thought it'd let me wake up early - say, four. But nope! I awoke twelve hours later, and as the day went on, I started feeling more and more exhausted. Heck, I had to babysit on zero energy and a nice ol headache. Razz But it was okay, because the children made me play a fun little game where we were vampires and had to go around biting each other. >D Last one standing wins.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Bloggin' it up: Ouch. 1312Bloggin' it up: Ouch. 2412Bloggin' it up: Ouch. 3349Bloggin' it up: Ouch. 3548Bloggin' it up: Ouch. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/3/2010, 11:48 am

You must be really fit. 6 miles ('cause you said you could usually do that) is almost 10 kilometers. 0.0 I'm sorta jealous. xD

1. Have you ever been out of shape (for anything, really) then felt terrible when you picked it up again? Well, I'm always outta shape. Sorta. xD
2. Do you like to run? = D Sorta. (:
3. If you play Pokemon, are you excited for me and my super-awesome Jirachi? If not, I'm just assuming you are. No, not really. -shrugs- I don't play pokemon.
4. God, I really didn't talk about a lot today. Tell me about your day. My day was sucky. We left one village and got to the next in 15 minutes, then spent 6 hours (well, two of them were lunch) looking for a hotel 'cause the other one was horrible. But now we settled on this one.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Bloggin' it up: Ouch. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down