The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Featureds

+16
Arianna
Mandy-Love
PugsRock
Malicious Nightmares
Puckspaw
Komoda
SaddleClub
LuckyPenny666
Avé
B
Rai
Hahaha818
Cyn431
Yoshi'sLove
leah_hope92
shadowsowner888
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

July Featureds Empty July Featureds

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 4:28 pm

~`~`~Story~´~´~
Virtually Real is a sci-fi piece by rattyjol. It revolves around a girl who lives for gaming, but for a very good reason. Such a good one, a story I'm proud to say I'm reading myself. ^^

Interview:
What inspired you to write this story? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
I was thinking of plots for TwigWriSum and I thought about Crayak and the Ellimist from Animorphs and how they have a game that's not really a game, and that led me to remember an Animorphs fanfic I read a while ago about a game that the Drode played, and there's also the game that the Ketrans played in The Ellimist Chronicles (okay, done with Animorphs references now), and I loved the idea of pretty much everyone in a certain society playing a virtual reality game, so that idea fixed itself in my mind and developed into this. I got the idea... I'm not sure when. It's pretty late on my story ideas list, so it can't have been too long ago.

Have you enjoyed writing the story? Is it easy?
Yeah, I've enjoyed it. It's about as easy as any other story I've written. Some parts write themselves, and other parts I have to force myself to keep going through.

How did you choose its name? In your head, is this the perfect name, or are you still looking for a better one?
Well, half of it takes place in a virtual reality... I was also thinking about Game Over, but the plot I'm considering for the rest of the story fits Virtually Real better... so, it's not finalized quite yet.

What is it about the story that you think other members like?
Maybe the fact that it takes place in a future society that's not so far into the future and is also pretty similar to ours, or maybe that the main character has a major handicap and has found a way around it.

What's your favorite part of the story?
Probably the parts in VR. It's all computer programming, so pretty much anything is possible.

Second runner-up: Blank Pages - rattyjol & shadowsowner888

~`~`~Poem~´~´~
<3--[Emily]--<< really deserved to win this time around, with I'll Always Live For You. It's about a very very close friend of hers, and I promise you that it's well worth reading.

Interview:
What inspired you to write the poem? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
Well, the poem was inspired and written about a really good friend of mine that died. It was written maybe 15-20 minutes after I found out about his death, so about.... July 10, at 11-12.

Did you enjoy writing the poem? Was it difficult?
It wasn't difficult at all. I was writing about someone that I loved and what had happened was just horrible, that I just put all of the feelings and pain into a poem, really. I'm not sure that I could enjoy writing about that, but I am glad that I dedicated the poem to him

How did you choose its name? In your head, is this the perfect name, or are you still looking for a better one?
Well, his death kind of made me want to be a better person, someone that he'd be proud of, so I named it "I'll Always Live For You". Yes, I think it's the perfect name for the poem.

What is it about the poem that you think other members like?
I think they like it because of the emotion and inspiration put behind it, along with the true meaning of the poem and how heroic his death was.

What part of the poem do you like best?
I think the last four lines are my favorite ^^

I can't believe you're not alive
My heart's completely torn in two
But I promise, without a doubt
That I'll Always Live For You

Second runner-ups: Evil, Evil King - Novastare, & Magic in My Veins - FOREIGN?!

~`~`~Roleplays~´~´~
Death Note fans will love Wammy's House, a fun roleplay owned by Cyn431, Sharkbait, and Mrs. Twarry Matsuda. It takes place years after the end of the series, giving members the chance to reincarnate old favorites or bring new characters into play. While templates are popular within, it's not elite, so absolutely anyone can enjoy it.

Interview:
[Sharkbait and Mrs. Twarry Matsuda could not be reached for an interview.]
What inspired you to create the roleplay? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
I was just thinking about Death Note and various fan-ficcy things related to it. Then on May 14th, 2010, about 8:00 PM CTL, I became curious and began looking up some information on Wammy's House and different things a few others and I had been thinking about how Ikigami and whatnot would work. Half an hour later I had a thoughts thread up and active, storming with ideas that would not be put into the actual roleplay for another two and a half weeks. That's the history of Wammy's for ya.

Have you enjoyed running the RP? Is it challenging?
It's lots of fun running it, as it's fun to create all of these many plots that I imagine are going to blow up the world in the roleplay one day. Twisted Evil Okay, maybe not that, but still. It's not all that hard either because everyone abides to the rules and is rather organized, keeping their forms and whatnot all on the same post, so if there ever comes a time where we're going to keep a record of them, we know where to get the information.

Do you feel it's going well? Why or why not? Are there any upcoming changes?
Considering it started on a discussion thread that has been replied to five hundred fifty times, I think it's doing pretty good. Plot-wise I don't imagine we're going to change anything yet. Everything's been pretty sturdy ever since the discussion, and besides, it's only on the first part. Why change something Featured-worthy so early?

What is it about the RP that you think its members enjoy?
I think the reason why everybody loves it is because they're all huge fans of Death Note, a rather popular manga/anime amongst fellow members of Twig. Plus it explores the different roles and venues and allows members to experience what it's like in a sense. Probably the most enjoyable part is its highlighted area, Wammy's House, because nobody really knows a whole lot about it, as it was only featured at the end of episode twenty-six and part of twenty-seven, and you always want to know what you don't know, right?

What part of the roleplay do you enjoy most?
I love the fact that I get to revive people (Ikigami/Life Note), kill people (Shinigami/Death Note), fall in love with Matt (reincarnations/descendants) and be in a school that means you're one of the smartest (Wammy's House) all in the same roleplay! It's not every day you come across a place like that.

Second runner-up: Ü Revol - amazon

~`~`~Member~´~´~
I'm sure you know who rattyjol is, don't you? You'd better! She's one of the members who's been with Twig from the very beginning, and it's wonderful to have this fantastic writer with us. :3 Her sadism to her characters makes all her work that much more fun to read.

SaddleClub as well is someone whose name you better know. She writes great poetry, and she knows who Pootnic is, so just that alone makes her awesome. smug (Just kidding; she's awesome even without Pootnic in there. XD)

Interviews:

SaddleClub:
What originally made you decide to join our little community? ^^ Where did you hear about it?
Shadow told me on WI that she was going to make a website and then gave me the link once Twig was born. So I joined, obviously Smile
And I (obviously) heard about it from Shadow xD

Why are you a writer? How long have you been one?
It's fuuuuuuun Very Happy I like creating characters in stories and then developing plots among them and stuffs. Smile I also really really really like writing poetry because I feel I can let out emotions through poetry. Plus, there's the whole rhyming element which I enjoy. xD
I've been a writer since.....hmm.....I dunno, a while xD I think I wrote my first story when I was in second grade. (unless you count a very short story I wrote in first grade that included my 10 spelling words that week. my teacher was so impressed with it, she sent me with it to a teacher who became my second grade teacher a year later. that was a happy day in my life. Smile aaaaand now I'm rambling so I'll shut up now xD)

What's the reasoning behind your username? Do you have any cool nicknames?
I was obsessed with the TV show The Saddle Club (the real version -_-) when I made my username. Smile I started with it on WI and it just kinda stuck. nod Now I use it on various other websites, too Very Happy And if some random jerk already took it, I just tack my birthday onto the end of it and that usually works. Wink
I don't really have cool nicknames. xD Most people call me Saddle online and in real life, I don't have nicknames. xD (well, my dad's side of the family calls me Terri, but I prefer Teresa) There's "You with the face" but there's really no reasoning behind that and no one calls me that anyway xD

What was the first thing you ever wrote for fun?
Probably the Twilight fanfic I started on WI, brought over here, and never really finished. Oops. xD (I'll work on it soon Wink)

What's your favorite color and animal? Why?
My favorite color is orange!!! Very Happy I don't remember why; I picked it in kindergarten xD I think it's because it's a unique color and I have found it's not many people's favorite. But I love it Very Happy
I gots lots of favorite animals xD But when forced to choose one, I always pick okapis. Very Happy They're these really awesometasticallyamazing animals. nod They have the body of a horse, the legs of a zebra, the head of a deer (or antelope; I forget xD), and the horns of a giraffe. Yet they're most closely related to giraffes. In fact, they're the only relative of giraffes!! And they're endangered. So don't kill any!! Sad Anywho, they're my favorite because they're so unknown and unique and I love how much I know about it and how I can see them at the Bronx Zoo, which is kinda close to where I live. I just love them to death!! *hugs okapi*

What kind of music do you like, and why? Is there any music that you find particularly inspiring?
I like random music, but I think my iPod mostly has pop music on it. But I like other stuff, too, like Taylor Swift and some other random songs on my iPod. It's weird, I don't really have, like, a style of music I like, I just hear a song and think, "Oooh, I like that!" then go get it. So.....yeah. xD
Inspiring music.....hmm.....I actually don't really find any inspiring unless they have an inspiring message in them. Like, Believe In Me by Demi Lovato I find inspiring because of the message.

What part of Twig do you enjoy most?
I like the clubs section. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one obsessing over random stuff. xD I also like the RP section because, well, RPing is fun xD

Congratulations, you're the new site owner! Just kidding, but pretend for a moment longer. What's the first thing you're going to do?
Dedicate a whole section just to me!!! July Featureds 198256 xD Just kidding, I wouldn't do that xD I don't think I'd really change much because I love Twig as it is now *insert "awww" here xD* Smile I might change the colors, though, or at least have an option where you can change it. xD I do like the blue, but a color change would be something cool and different nod

rattyjol:
What originally made you decide to join our little community? ^^ Where did you hear about it?
Shadow kept talking about making it on The Writer's Guild club on WI and I joined as soon as it was up.

Why are you a writer? How long have you been one?
Because it's so fun to create my own worlds and scenarios. I can experience things that I'd either never have the guts to do myself or things that no one alive now will probably ever experience. I've only really been writing since fifth grade when we had a short story assignment. I did have a make-your-own-book kit when I was really little, but I can't remember if I actually wrote anything or if I just made the covers. xD

What's the reasoning behind your username? Do you have any cool nicknames?
Well, I like rats. The "jol" part stands for "jack-o-lantern" because my birthday is two days before Halloween. My only general nicknames at the moment are Ratty and Anita, but Seal calls me Ponderer and Mia calls me Ratt-Sama. I also recently added Rayyu and Nezumi but no one ever calls me those. xD

What was the first thing you ever wrote for fun?
Well... the story in fifth grade started out as a school assignment, but I kept working on it for the whole summer between fifth and sixth grade.

What's your favorite color and animal? Why?
My favorite color is blue, because... I dunno why, it just is. And my favorite animals are rats, because they're so cute. Very Happy

What kind of music do you like, and why? Is there any music that you find particularly inspiring?
The main styles that I've been listening to recently are alternative and J-Pop, but I like pretty much everything except for heavy metal and folk.

What part of Twig do you enjoy most?
The role-play section and the fact that you almost never have something posted without somebody replying to it.

Congratulations, you're the new site owner! Just kidding, but pretend for a moment longer. What's the first thing you're going to do?
I guess I'd allow a little bit of homo$exuality. Other than that, though, nothing. It's awesome just the way it is. Very Happy

Second runner-ups: unknown

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 7/4/2010, 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

July Featureds 1312July Featureds 2412July Featureds 3349July Featureds 3548July Featureds 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

July Featureds Empty Re: July Featureds

Post by leah_hope92 7/2/2010, 4:32 pm

Congrats everyone! Very Happy
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 4:33 pm

Whoops, sorry, I forgot to add Saddle! XD She's a featured member too, I just found out, so she'll be on the thread in a moment.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

July Featureds 1312July Featureds 2412July Featureds 3349July Featureds 3548July Featureds 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi'sLove 7/2/2010, 4:35 pm

Congratulations, you guys!!
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

July Featureds SiggyJuly Featureds SiggyJuly Featureds SiggyJuly Featureds SiggyJuly Featureds Siggy
Female Posts : 1083

http://ranomlyrandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 7/2/2010, 4:35 pm

Wow. xD Congrats Saddle!! Very Happy
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/2/2010, 4:36 pm

Congrats to all the featured peoples! applause But I refuse to congratulate myself, though I should congratulate Twarry and Seal, and now I'm just rambling and confusing myself. xD Anyway, thank you voters and congratulations once again to the other winners! :3

(And nice, Shadow. xD)
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 4:37 pm

It's not my fault! *hyperventilation* I mean, maybe I should've checked my PMs better, but I - I - I wasn't forewarned! Yeah! ._.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hahaha818 7/2/2010, 4:39 pm

Congratulations to all the winners!! You guys deserve it!! Very Happy
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/2/2010, 5:26 pm

Congratulations everyone! You all deserve it! Very Happy
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/2/2010, 5:46 pm

Congrads! Very Happy
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/2/2010, 5:50 pm

Ooh, congrats Ratty, Saddle, Cyn, Twarry, Seal, and Em! applause
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/2/2010, 6:04 pm

Congrats everyone! Very Happy You all did great. Smile

(This is my 1,000th post!)
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 7/2/2010, 11:29 pm

I love how my interview has a million smilies and the others only have like one, if any. xD Congrats to everyone!! Very Happy
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/3/2010, 1:32 am

Congratz, you guys. <3 You all really earned it! applause
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Puckspaw 7/3/2010, 3:01 am

Congratulations everyone! You all did great jobs nod
Puckspaw
Puckspaw
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/3/2010, 9:48 am

'Gratsies to everyone! You all truly deserved it! ^w^
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 7/3/2010, 11:02 am

LuckyPenny666 wrote:Congrats everyone! Very Happy You all did great. Smile

(This is my 1,000th post!)

Congrats to you and all the winners! (:
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 7/3/2010, 12:27 pm

Congrats peoples! Smile
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

My mom thinks I'm cool...(:

So that means i AM pretty friggin amazing...

July Featureds ?total=15000&sofar=7700&base=2
Female Posts : 4444

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/3/2010, 12:45 pm

I really congratulate Ratty... or shall I call her Nezumi? Haha, that's a cool name. Very Happy And I totally agree about what she'd change. nod

And everyone else, of course.! Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

July Featureds 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 1:26 pm

Congrats, everyone! cheesy (And Luck for her 1000th post. grin)

Yes, yes, call me Nezumi. nod It's 'rat' in Japanese. xD Not the greatest meaning, but I like the name.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/3/2010, 2:15 pm

Okee dokee, Nezumi. x3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

July Featureds 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/3/2010, 5:10 pm

Haha, thanks, Pugs and Ratty. Smile
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 7/11/2010, 3:53 pm

Grats everyone (:
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
July Featureds Siggy

Shiner -
July Featureds Siggy

Hearts -
July Featureds Siggy

Master Emerald -
July Featureds Siggy

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/12/2010, 12:40 pm

Congrats ppl nice job
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

July Featureds Siggy
Thats smoky the cigar

Female Posts : 1070

http://sweetshoplove.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 7/15/2010, 7:06 pm

Nice peepz...
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

My mom thinks I'm cool...(:

So that means i AM pretty friggin amazing...

July Featureds ?total=15000&sofar=7700&base=2
Female Posts : 4444

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next