The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Freewriting

+24
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
LuckyPenny666
The Mad Hatter
DiscardedHarmony
Akeria
twilighter3000
DreamCatcher81
Snow
Noah the Flood
Jade
Taylor_Potter
Horsey
SomeoneSpeical08
rattyjol
Reader
Komoda
Dragon Lover
merry312
iGrievous
Nightowl
Jesus4Eternity
Jinx
Arianna
shadowsowner888
28 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Daily Freewriting Empty Daily Freewriting

Post by shadowsowner888 9/23/2009, 11:42 am

So I'm reading this book, and it says that if you freewrite just a little bit every day, it'll expand your imagination a lot, even if you were already really imaginative. So I decided I'm going to try it! Does anyone else wanna join me? xD You could do it however long you want, and it's easy enough cus even just ten minutes a day will work. (Which might be good for some of you who already have a lot of stories to work on, like me, lol.)

You can post what you free wrote, too. Very Happy

(And for anyone who's wondering, just in case - free writing is when you just sit down and write non-stop for a certain period of time. Even if you write total crap, keep writing. Don't stop - and try not to fix your mistakes, either. Just like Nano, the point right now is to keep writing, not to write something perfect.)

I myself like to write story snippets when free writing, rather than random jumbles of stuff. nod

Recruits:
  • shadowsowner888
  • Arianna
  • Black Cat
  • Jesus4Eternity
  • Nightowl
  • iGrievous
  • The Scribbled Cat
  • merry312
  • Ḋᴚӑԍӫӥ Ļ♥️ṽᶓᴚᴚ
  • Mo
  • Reader
  • rattyjol
  • Snow
  • Noah
  • DreamCatcher81
  • twiligher3000
  • DiscardedHarmony
  • Wormtail
  • Jade
  • amazon
  • Selene Hime
  • MarielofRedwall

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 7/26/2010, 2:15 pm; edited 18 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Daily Freewriting 1312Daily Freewriting 2412Daily Freewriting 3349Daily Freewriting 3548Daily Freewriting 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Daily Freewriting Empty Re: Daily Freewriting

Post by Arianna 9/23/2009, 11:47 am

I'll join, too! I guess I'll free write now Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/23/2009, 12:12 pm

Awesome. Very Happy Oooh, I should make a list!!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Daily Freewriting 1312Daily Freewriting 2412Daily Freewriting 3349Daily Freewriting 3548Daily Freewriting 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/23/2009, 12:13 pm

Should I post the weird story I free wrote last night? xD

It's kinda a rip-off of another of my stories, though. And was inspired by a plot from The Dragon Emporium a long time ago. rolleyes
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/23/2009, 12:16 pm

Sure! I'll show you mine, once I edit out the stupid mistakes Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 9/23/2009, 12:18 pm

Hokay! Sounds like fun! I shall get too it ..later..
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/23/2009, 12:19 pm

Tadah!

I walked closer and closer to the line. The railway track. Whatever you wanted to call it. I could see the train coming. Would I get past before it came? I didn't know.
There are risks in life. Tons of them. More than you can imagine. There's a risk in everything. Reading a book, eating your dinner, sewing up your jeans – you could die doing any one of those. People never think of those as risks, though, they think of them as coincidences. Unlucky happenings. They never notice that there's a pattern.
Sure, the patterns not a big pattern. Sure, you can't figure it out completely. Like a fractal, the way to solve it – would just go on, and on, and on. It never ends.
I'm one of those people who knows the pattern. Not all of it, of course. Because that would be contradictory. But I understand it. Somehow, I know that I can cross the street on a red light one day and be fine, but cross it on a green light and be run over. But I never know when.
That's the problem with theories.
Well, back to the story. As I was walking close to the track, and the train thundered along, making me wonder if this theory was really just junk, something I'd made up when I'd let my imagination run wild after one too many science fiction books.
But it wasn't. I gripped the note in my hand, but didn't bother to read it. I'd memorized it already.
Cross the tracks at 5:50:29, come alone. No one is there, but anyone else who crosses will die.
I know the pattern too. I'm in the train. There's a problem, it won't be solved – ever – if you don't run across the tracks at that second.
Goodbye.

I didn't know where it had came from. I'd known that it had appeared on my bedside table, sitting under my lamp and fluttering lightly in the morning breeze. I hadn't seen anything on it, just the blue script and the signature – unreadable, of course.
The train became louder and louder – I wondered if I was going to die. I clamped my eyes shut for two seconds, then looked at my watch. 5:49:02. I had one more minute, and then I had to go. I looked to the right, where the train was approaching.
It would be here in less than a minute. Would it be gone by then? Would I have missed my chance? And what about the problem, whatever it was? I took a deep breath, not wanting to look.
I'd have to go over early. Otherwise, whatever happened, I knew I'd have missed it. And the train looked horrible, it must have weighed 500 tons. I knew it would be – statistically speaking – safer to stay here.
I remembered cause and effect. I could have spent the remaining minute – no, 50 seconds – musing on about it, but I captured the chance.
I looked at the black grit which I could see was plastered on the side of the train. It was a passenger train, and it's blue walls were covered in dirt, the windows were cracked slightly, and the wheels were moving slightly faster than they should have been.
Now, I said to myself, taking the last step before I'd jump. I have to go. I felt sadness, anger, confusion and hope at the same time as I took my foot off the ground and began to lift the other.
I let my breath whiz out of me, and then jumped. The train thundered forwards. Time seemed to stand still and speed up at the same time. As I watched it approach me at a tremendous speed, I only thought of one word.
Trust.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/23/2009, 12:33 pm

Dragon Cat wrote:Hokay! Sounds like fun! I shall get too it ..later..

Awesome! Very Happy I'll add you to the listy.

Arianna wrote:Tadah!

I walked closer and closer to the line. The railway track. Whatever you wanted to call it. I could see the train coming. Would I get past before it came? I didn't know.
There are risks in life. Tons of them. More than you can imagine. There's a risk in everything. Reading a book, eating your dinner, sewing up your jeans – you could die doing any one of those. People never think of those as risks, though, they think of them as coincidences. Unlucky happenings. They never notice that there's a pattern.
Sure, the patterns not a big pattern. Sure, you can't figure it out completely. Like a fractal, the way to solve it – would just go on, and on, and on. It never ends.
I'm one of those people who knows the pattern. Not all of it, of course. Because that would be contradictory. But I understand it. Somehow, I know that I can cross the street on a red light one day and be fine, but cross it on a green light and be run over. But I never know when.
That's the problem with theories.
Well, back to the story. As I was walking close to the track, and the train thundered along, making me wonder if this theory was really just junk, something I'd made up when I'd let my imagination run wild after one too many science fiction books.
But it wasn't. I gripped the note in my hand, but didn't bother to read it. I'd memorized it already.
Cross the tracks at 5:50:29, come alone. No one is there, but anyone else who crosses will die.
I know the pattern too. I'm in the train. There's a problem, it won't be solved – ever – if you don't run across the tracks at that second.
Goodbye.

I didn't know where it had came from. I'd known that it had appeared on my bedside table, sitting under my lamp and fluttering lightly in the morning breeze. I hadn't seen anything on it, just the blue script and the signature – unreadable, of course.
The train became louder and louder – I wondered if I was going to die. I clamped my eyes shut for two seconds, then looked at my watch. 5:49:02. I had one more minute, and then I had to go. I looked to the right, where the train was approaching.
It would be here in less than a minute. Would it be gone by then? Would I have missed my chance? And what about the problem, whatever it was? I took a deep breath, not wanting to look.
I'd have to go over early. Otherwise, whatever happened, I knew I'd have missed it. And the train looked horrible, it must have weighed 500 tons. I knew it would be – statistically speaking – safer to stay here.
I remembered cause and effect. I could have spent the remaining minute – no, 50 seconds – musing on about it, but I captured the chance.
I looked at the black grit which I could see was plastered on the side of the train. It was a passenger train, and it's blue walls were covered in dirt, the windows were cracked slightly, and the wheels were moving slightly faster than they should have been.
Now, I said to myself, taking the last step before I'd jump. I have to go. I felt sadness, anger, confusion and hope at the same time as I took my foot off the ground and began to lift the other.
I let my breath whiz out of me, and then jumped. The train thundered forwards. Time seemed to stand still and speed up at the same time. As I watched it approach me at a tremendous speed, I only thought of one word.
Trust.

Ominous!!! Surprised

Here's mine. xD And it's really weird. That's the problem of Shadow writing whatever pops into her mind.

OMG. I just noticed something weird about their names. >.>

I snarl. How dare he?! My enemy stands before me, proud and hunky as ever. Why can I admire him so much?
Beside him is a skinny fellow, with a bulbous hawk nose and greasy black hair. His arms are crossed.
“Well, Pauline,” the hunky one sneers. His lips twist into a mean smirk. Why have I never noticed how cruel his brown eyes can become? “So it would seem, I’m about to defeat you, again. Or should I say, about to defeat the Falcon.”
So he knows. “Well, Panther,” I say, addressing Forest by his alter ego name. “That’s not entirely fair. You know I’ve defeated you plenty myself.” I beam brightly at him, trying to hide the tortured feelings inside myself.
This never should have happened. I developed a crush on Forest, first of all, when I met him. He’s hot, after all! That would’ve been simple enough, if I hadn’t suddenly discovered my abilities to fly and move with super speed. No, they’re more than abilities. They’re powers.
I accidentally used them in public, you see. Someone came up behind me, and it freaked the HEAVEN! outta me for some reason. So with a yelp, I sprang into the air, sprouted wings, and flew away. My arms actually just became wings, really.
Am I confusing you? Sorry. See, there’s some humans . . . we’re different. We’re superheroes or supervillains, with a few special traits to us. We can’t turn into animals; I just need my wings to fly. But generally we name ourselves after animals to best describe ourselves.
I’d always been fast, too . . . but I’d never known I was that fast. But then HQ of the heroes got to me - lucky it was them and not the bad guys - and convinced me to join their ranks. So I did. And then I found out that Hunter was part of the other group.
Hunter rolls his eyes, looking annoyed. But he says nothing for a moment. Ha, so he agrees with me!
“Well, so aren’t you gonna explain to me your evil scheme? Seeing as you’ve so carefully caught me,” I said. Yeah, right.
The tall, burly teenager snorted. “Oh, I have no plans for you right now. You’d just better watch yourself, now that I know who you are.”
I laughed. It was a forced laugh, but I was good at acting. After all, I’d had to hide various kinda of pain for years. Hunter would never know the differece. “Well, I’ll be seeing you, then.” And so I darted away, too fast for he or the other fellow to have a chance of seeing where I’d gone. Who was that skinny fellow, anyway? Oh well, probably his appointed sidekick.
So, I bet you have more questions. Well, I might as well explain.
First of all, why is Hunter the Panther? That’s easy enough he can become invisible. It’s been described, however, as blending into the shadows - not really disappearing altogether, if you know what I mean.
Second of all, what’s an appointed sidekick? Well, you’re either a main super or a sidekick. It depends on your powers. Like in the movie Sky High, if you’ve ever seen that. If you have something weaker - say, the ability to make the sky change colors, not that that’s actually a power - well, that can’t help you fight much, so you’re appointed a sidekick and get to do all of your super’s nasty little chores from then on.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/23/2009, 12:36 pm

Oooh, that's cool, Shadow Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/23/2009, 12:38 pm

Thanks. xD

I was considering making a story out of it, but seriously; it's too much like Wolf Chasers, in my head. *shrugs* Ah well, I guess I could always recycle the idea. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/23/2009, 12:51 pm

Hehe, yeah. I think my freewriting snippets will stay snippets nod
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 9/23/2009, 2:31 pm

I WANNA JOIN! xD, this is cool! Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting Siggy
Daily Freewriting SiggyDaily Freewriting Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/23/2009, 2:35 pm

Cool! ^^ I'll add you to the list.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 9/23/2009, 2:43 pm

Yay!

So, just randomly write? xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/23/2009, 3:24 pm

Yep, pretty much. But it can be a short story/snippet of a story, too Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/23/2009, 6:26 pm

I shall join! Very Happy Please add me to de list. Free-writing ish fun. xD
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 9/24/2009, 9:55 am

I might as well join, but I might never end up freewriteing

XD
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/24/2009, 10:05 am

Yep Amanda. nod You write whatever comes to mind.

Cool, Sparrow! Very Happy

Just ten minutes a day is all it takes, Gri. Wink I'll add you!

Mkay, and so, I'll post my freewriting after I update the front. xD It's weirdy today.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/24/2009, 10:07 am

Here it is! xD And it did have some language, but hopefully the censors are still working.

I gasped, my jaw dropping open.

“Will you marry me?” Keith asked, smiling at me from where he was kneeling on the ground. The diamond ring he held up sparkled encouragingly at me. Say yes, Mitchie, say yes, the sparkles urged.

Should I?

All our times together flashed through my mind. The good times . . . and bad. The breakups - and the reconciliations. The dates . . . everything we’d done together, no matter whether it was for better or worse, was an indication of our love. Even when we broke up with each each other.

Bella won’t leave, so this sucks, and she just broke my stream of concentration. Ugh.

Okay, she’s gone.

“Yes,” I whispered, a helpless smile spreading over my face.

The next night, I was watching the news. Alone at my house. Suddenly, something flashed across the screen. There’d been a fire somewhere - my heart went cold. It was at the place Keith worked out. [Note - I swear it didn’t say this originally! It was supposed to say worked at!]

A part of me wanted to rush to the phone, to call him, and to make sure he was okay. The other part of me wanted to keep watching - they’d surely say so if anyone died, wouldn’t they?

“There were a few deaths,” the broadcaster said. My heart stopped for a moment - and then I reminded myself I didn’t know who they were yet.

Okay, now I gotta start my time over. xP I had to have lunch.

“Paul Irving. Bon Jovi. Nick Jonas. And Keith Urban-”

Hearing the name of my fiancee, I fainted.

Come to the land of muffins princess fairy popplejam jam JAM! Come to the land of muffins princess fairy popplejam.

“Make the voices go away,” I muttered. The little imps had been dancing around in my head for hours, singing and singing, and never stopping . . .

Come to the land of muffins princess fairy popple jam jam JAM!

“She’s awake.” It was one of the singing voices.

“Keith!” another called.

I opened my eyes, searching, though I knew I wouldn’t find him - and there he was. Keith.

“Keith?!” I said. My voice sounded horrible. “You’re alive!!”

I’m alive??” he said, laughing incredulously. “You’re the one we should be worrying about!”

“But the news said - it said you -”

“No, I didn’t die - I was helping,” Keith said, laughing. “They were naming the people who helped rescue others, not the ones who’d been died.

“Oh.” Well, what crap. If I’d only waited a little while longer, I would’ve found that out, and I could’ve saved myself all this trouble.

He kissed me, and I closed my eyes.

“I love you,” Keith murmured, pulling away. He stroked my face, and I smiled.

Come to the land of muffins princess fairy popple jam jam JAM!

“Augh!” I groaned, my hands flying to my pounding head. “What the HEAVEN! is wrong with me?”

“What?” Keith asked, confused.

“I keep hearing these annoying little voices!”

He gave me a look, and I sighed.

“They’re, like, chipmunks or something. Their voices.”

Come to the land of muffins princess fairy popple jam MOOSE MOOSE MOOSE! RUN AWAY! IT’S A MOOSE!

I facepalmed. And then the wall of the house fell down. A shriek came from my mouth as I leapt to my feet, scrambling backwards, with Keith not far behind - and that was when I saw the moose, standing angrily there outside.

Come to the land of muffins princess fairy popple jam MOOSE MOOSE!

Hey, look, it’s a dinosaur t-shirt!

Suddenly, a rag fell out of the sky, and landed on the moose’s eyes. I could vaguel make out the image of a dinosaur skeleton on it. The moose wailed, and scrambled away - thankfully, in the opposite direction from the house.

“What the HEAVEN!?” Keith wanted to know.

Come to the land of muffins princess - “Shut up!” I told the voices. “I don’t know. But the voices . . . they’re saying weirder things now.”

“What now?” he asked. For a second I wondered if Keith was talking to me, but then the ground started shaking.

Giant army trucks!

“Giant army trucks?”

“What?!”

“That’s what the voices said!” I answered. Then I saw them, driving down the street - in disco colors.

Suddenly, a woman shrieked, racing in through the empty wall of our house. Her hair was sticking straight up - where it hadn’t been burned off.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/24/2009, 12:15 pm

Nice, Shad. I'll do my freewriting in a bit.
Just one question. Were the "JAM!"s censors?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/24/2009, 12:46 pm

For today:

I walked down the side of the road, my shoes digging into the soft grass. The rainclouds around me didn't bother me – I liked the rain, how pretty it was. There weren't any flowers here, though. Just grass and gooey mud. I hated mud,
I wished there were flowers here. Flowers were so nice – they made me feel like I was back at home. But who was I kidding? I was never going to go back there, I might as well get accustomed to life here. Well, I'd probably never get accustomed. My fault, but who cared.
I walked and walked – school was too long away. I'd have been in the car at this time, was I at home. With mom, and Jina. And I would have been complaining that I hated the homework that we got. I'd have been saying how much I loved my music class.
But that wasn't where I was.
Mom wasn't here, and neither was Jina. Dad wasn't either, but that didn't make a difference – he'd died when I was two. All I had was these stupid foster parents – stupid, I say, as in stupid. Not mean, not evil, just plain stupid. So stupid, they couldn't help me on my homework. Over Americanized freaks.
Well, not really. They weren't over Americanized, they were just too normal. And uneducated, of course. And the money they earned – not good enough to buy a car, of course. Or a good house, or nice stuff.
I looked around me. The same street I walked down every day could have not looked more boring, and I wondered if I'd ever get out of this hellhole.
I wanted to go home. Back to where I came from, where my mom and dad should – but wouldn't – be waiting for me. I sighed, looking at the time on my watch. I'd be late – again. The teachers hated me anyway.
Not that I could blame them for that. You can lay all the blame in the world on me. Just me.
Why was I removed from my home, the place which I loved the most? I played a prank to viscous, and they blamed her. Why wasn't Jina here? She was killed. Walking across the road. When I said she should. Because we were late to school and that we should have taken the car. But no, she had that project which she wanted to carry. And she had a fight with mom.
All. My. Fault.
Everything seems to be my fault. Except for my foster parents ignorance, of course. They were raised with it. I used to like ignorance – it worked perfectly for pranks. Perfectly.
But now, at this second – ignorance is the worst thing I can think of. Even in these days, where all I do is go to school and do my homework, it's the worst thing. Not the bullies. Not the teachers, who say I'm not trying hard enough. Not even those stupid foster parents.
All. My. Fault.
My life is too confusing. Would you like to trade? No. Of course not. No one would ever want my life. Unless they were some sadistic ignorant idiot who thought that being a prankster was fun. Just like me. Without the ignorance, of course. I hate ignorance.
So, back to the story. I haven't got much time left, I know it. They died, one by one. My dad when I was two, Jina when I was eight, and mom – well, I know she's dead by now, I was taken away from her at twelve. I'm fifteen now. I don't know how long I'll live. All I know is that it probably won't take too long until I'm dead.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting 461

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/25/2009, 3:23 pm

Nope, the only censors were where it said "BEAVER!". nod

That's a sad one, Ari! Sad Poor - er - person.

Here's mine from yesterday. xD I always end up posting stuff from the day before, lol.

What is a hot guy?

Sure, maybe he’d be dark-skinned. Sure, he’d go around without a shirt. And sure, he might even have short hair! But never in my life would I have pictured that topless, darkskinned, short-haired fellow to be covered in hair all over.

Oh, that’s not even an exaggeration. His face was covered, the palms of his hands, his eyelids in particular were horrible. (I know this is gad bramma - oh gosh. Look what I just did. But I’m doing my best not to backspace.)

“I’m never letting my friends set me up again,” I muttered. And so, right there, for the first time in my life - I broke up with the guy before we even went out on our first date.

“Whatever we were going to have,” I told him with a grim smile. “It’s over.”

He muttered something under his breath, something that sounded suspiciously like a curse word, before turning around to shuffle towards the bright green convertible parked on the curb.

I sighed, shaking my head, as I slammed the smooth door shut. The cookies, freshly baked this afternoon, suddenly smelled nauseating when I thought of that guy.

I stomped over to the phone, grabbing it and dialing as best as I could with my shaking hands. Shaking with disgust.

“Yo,” said the voice of Ben.

“How could you - what the heck?! I asked you for a hot date!” Ben was one of the most popular guys in school, and he also as a result had a ton of friends. Me being one of them. So he’d offered to hook me up.

“Ah, so you met Anoop!” he said, sounding suddenly as if he’d just heard a bit of good news. He was going to be in such big trouble.

“If you’re talking about Wolfman, then yes, I met Anoop,” I spat, simmering with rage. “And I repeat - what the heck?”

“Sorry, Manda.” (I’M SORRY AMANDA!! xD It was the first thing that popped into my head. It’s free writing; what do you expect? So yes, I might’ve used some names. xD Yes, your name and Ben’s name . . . but in no way are these characters based on you guys. I swear.) I could just hear the smirk hiding in his voice. “But everyone else was kinda busy . . .”

“Sixteen,” I said flatly.

“What??”

“This is the sixteenth time you’ve broken your word.” And so I hung up.

That was the problem when you were friends with a popular - most of the time, you couldn’t trust them unless you were a fellow popular, and even then, you had to be less popular. But still popular. Confusing, huh? That’s the way things work, so you’d better get used to it.

I raced outside, and into the back. The door of the back porch creaked ominously as I opened it. This was not my favorite place; it was too cluttered and filled with the spawn of mutant spiders. Okay, well, I admit the mutant part is an exaggeration.

My eyes scanned the rundown shelves, until I located the basketball. Gingerly, I used a few fingers from each hand to ease it out of its prison, and quickly inspected it for any creepy crawlies before dusting off the limp cobwebs. Then I experimentally bounced it - with a sad-sounding plomp, it collapsed into a quivering dome on the old wood.

I sighed, and kicked it out of the porch to the driveway. Staring at it once that was acheived, I debated if I really wanted to take the time to search for the air pump in the spider breeding grounds . . . ugh. I shuddered, then decided I could just as easily watch television instead.

As I walked in through the door, however, something instantly seemed off. Then it hit me - not literally - hadn’t the lights been on when I came outside? I glanced back out behind myself, and my eyes widened. What I hadn’t noticed was that the calm-enough clouds covering everything earlier had suddenly become dangerously dark, and were moving rapidly . . . lightning thudded to the ground in the distance, and thunder cracked the air like a gun shot.

Rather unwilling to be alone, I went over to the phone to call either my mom, out shopping, or one of my friends. But the line was dead - and then I heard a siren. The tornado siren.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/25/2009, 5:01 pm

Awesome. Very Happy *adds Draggy to list*
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 9/25/2009, 6:29 pm

Mine:

I skittered through the hall, fighting back the tears that were on the verge of escaping. Maybe I had come on to strongly. Maybe I had convinced myself it would happen. Maybe I'd deluded myself with roleplaying. Whatever the reason, it had happened.
I walked faster, trying to invade him. He couldn't do this to me, to us. But he had.
I threw open my locker in a rage. I couldn't believe this. He had seemed so real, so true. But he wasn't.
I could see I'd hurt her. "Amanda!" I called through the halls. We ahd gotten along so well this morning in band, talking about Christianity and crosses. What had happened? What had I done?
I finally caught up to her in the hallway. "Amanda." I breathed. "I'm sorry."
At least he regretted it. "It's okay." I mumbled, lying, looking away. "No, it's not." Two fingers turned my face towards his. "You're not okay." He grinned and kissed my cheek lightly. "Now you are."
Her face lit up like Christmas. "You didn't mena it?" HEr voice wavered slightly. "Of course not." ANd we walked out of the school, hand in hand.

Random bit thingy. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 9/25/2009, 6:41 pm

And here's another:

I took a deep breath. Today was the day. I was going to do it. I was going...to high school.
I walked into the bathroom and grabbed my first-day-of-school outfit; a pale green and pitch black skirt with a pale green shirt. Plus, of course, the black and green scarf. My best friend in the world, Jillian, was wearing the same thing in pink.
I quickly pulled off my pajamas and pulled teh top over my head, and slid the skirt on. Quickly, I walked dwonstairs and poured a bowl of Fruit Loops, my favorite cereal. I couldn't wait for high school.

BTW, I've started a story off this stuff. Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content