The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Freewriting

+24
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
LuckyPenny666
The Mad Hatter
DiscardedHarmony
Akeria
twilighter3000
DreamCatcher81
Snow
Noah the Flood
Jade
Taylor_Potter
Horsey
SomeoneSpeical08
rattyjol
Reader
Komoda
Dragon Lover
merry312
iGrievous
Nightowl
Jesus4Eternity
Jinx
Arianna
shadowsowner888
28 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Daily Freewriting - Page 20 Empty Re: Daily Freewriting

Post by shadowsowner888 5/19/2010, 11:02 pm

Well, you never know, he could! What a Face I could drag Komoda over to the post, cus Light tends to hang out with her.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Daily Freewriting - Page 20 1312Daily Freewriting - Page 20 2412Daily Freewriting - Page 20 3349Daily Freewriting - Page 20 3548Daily Freewriting - Page 20 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/19/2010, 11:12 pm

xD Okay, sure.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait 5/20/2010, 10:25 am

Woah! Nice, Ponderer!
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Daily Freewriting - Page 20 1589Daily Freewriting - Page 20 3390

Female Posts : 2811

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/20/2010, 1:03 pm

Thanks. Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/21/2010, 5:41 pm

rattyjol wrote:Venting my anger at Light. Razz It's really short. xP Sorry about the double post.

The unwritten law of the Death Note is, perhaps, the most important of them all.
Remember.
Remember, as you kill, that each name you write is a real person.
Each man you kill is somebody’s son. Somebody’s husband. Somebody’s father.
Each woman is somebody’s daughter. Somebody’s wife. Somebody’s mother.
Each human being you kill is an amazing creation of nature, that you have just destroyed beyond repair.
Each person has a future. Each person is a mind, a brilliant mind, with his or her own special talents, quirks, personalities. Unique thoughts, unique words, that have just been lost forever.
Each person, no matter how insignificant, is a tiny spark of light in the great abyss of the universe, of life and death and the great unknown
Remember, Kira.
Remember, Yagami Raito.
Remember what you have done.

That was beautiful! :') Very poetic, Ratty. I really love it! ^^

Light: Yet, although each and everyone of us is unique and special, in reality the individual doesn't matter. It's not about preserving the thoughts and talents of a sole person, but about making what sacrifices we need to make in order to save humanity as a whole.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/21/2010, 7:15 pm

Thank you, Mo. Smile

Well said, Light. However, the individual does matter, just as much as humanity as a whole. If we have no crime, why would future generations be happy? They would have nothing to contrast it against. There's no good without bad, just as Mo said on her blog yesterday. And, if you had succeeded, once you died (because the Death Note states that all humans, without exception, must die eventually) and criminals stopped dying, wouldn't crime just start right back up again?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/21/2010, 9:09 pm

rattyjol wrote:Thank you, Mo. Smile

Well said, Light. However, the individual does matter, just as much as humanity as a whole. If we have no crime, why would future generations be happy? They would have nothing to contrast it against. There's no good without bad, just as Mo said on her blog yesterday. And, if you had succeeded, once you died (because the Death Note states that all humans, without exception, must die eventually) and criminals stopped dying, wouldn't crime just start right back up again?

You're welcome! :3

Light: But...

Yeah, shame on you, Light. D: You need to stop being such an idealist. Like Ratty said, individuals matter too. Because without individuals, humanity wouldn't exist at all.

Light: -.- I guess you're both right.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/21/2010, 10:10 pm

Exactly. nod I was gonna say that too, but I forgot before I had a chance to type it. xD

Victory! cheers I wish someone had had this conversation with him before it got out of control. . . -.-
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/26/2010, 11:54 pm

I wrote this freewrite a while ago and I found it in my stuff.

Maturity: It involves death, and it may seem suggestive, but it's not intended that way. It's just a friendly relationship.
Besides... (DN episode 25 spoiler)
Spoiler:

Fantasy: No.

This is a total episode 25 spoiler of Death Note. XD So yeah, read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/26/2010, 11:58 pm

OMG, Mo, I love it! :O
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/27/2010, 12:00 am

o: Really? Thank you so much, Ratty! ^u^
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/27/2010, 12:11 am

I almost started screaming, except for the fact that I should've been in bed, and everyone else is. *-* Zomg. That was soooo amazing and heck no I'm not just saying that. I wanna remember it forever. Poor L, poor L, poor L, oh my gosh reading that hurt like it did when I watched episode 37 again in the car on the way to teen club. That was so good . . .
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Daily Freewriting - Page 20 1312Daily Freewriting - Page 20 2412Daily Freewriting - Page 20 3349Daily Freewriting - Page 20 3548Daily Freewriting - Page 20 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/28/2010, 6:54 pm

Aww, thank you very muchs, deary! <3 I'm so very glad you enjoyed it.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/28/2010, 8:20 pm

:3 You're welcome, darling! I would very much like to save it into a word processing document and keep it on my computer forever and ever to read forever and ever . . . :O Might I?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/28/2010, 8:44 pm

Haha, sure! ^^ It would be an honor.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/28/2010, 10:06 pm

applause Yay! Thankyouthankyou!

(And while I'm talking about documents, I really did save the snazzy peaches and spiffy trunnions thing into one. o.0 With some other stuff that I can't think of and won't try to, because that would take the fun out of it. I called it "will i remember in december" because it's catchy like that, and I'mma open it in December. applause)

So. *cough* Freewriting. I made a freewrite about L, but it was a pathetic excuse because it was about two paragraphs and took me all day to write and it was basically just me kissing him. Razz So I'm not even gonna bother posting it.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/29/2010, 1:25 pm

Ahaha, I bet that's going to be rather interesting to read! What a Face

Ooh, you should post it, you should post it! I bet it's awesome. Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 2:45 pm

Oh my, Komo, that freewrite was wow.
And it even made me hate Light. And love L. As much as I love Light and don't like L as much as him.
-IknowI'mlate-

I wanna read that, Ado! Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Daily Freewriting - Page 20 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 2:50 pm

Nonono, it's retarded! You don't want to bother with it at all. xDD (Which is my way of asking, "Are you suuuuure? ^^;")
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 2:50 pm

Yesyesyes. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 2:57 pm

Well . . . wellllll . . . we'll see. (Which means I'll post it tomorrow if I don't forget. Razz)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 3:01 pm

You have confusing ways of saying stuff, Ado. But anyway, we'll remind you to post it. ^^; Riiiight, Komo?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/29/2010, 3:04 pm

*-* Komokomowhere?
*scrolls up* Oh look, there she is! Very Happy

(And that is my way of saying that there'll definitely be no escaping it if you and Komoda both 'remind' me to. xD)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/29/2010, 3:09 pm

OMGANOCTOPUS.

(And that is my way of reminding you. nod)
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Hime 5/29/2010, 11:39 pm

Yikes ... Life has really gotten in the way of things lately. Hard to believe it's been almost three weeks since I've been here. O_O

Sorry about that, Shadow. Updating now, XD. Largest freewrite yet, too. Over 2000 words. ^_^

May 29th, 2010.

Golden light reflected off of her dagger, tempered alloy gleaming in the sunset. The young woman’s silver eyes were narrowed, disgust clear in her gaze. “Would you care to elaborate, madam?” she returned icily, venom dripping from her tone – The polite title nothing less than sarcasm. Her long onyx tresses waved with the wind as it blew past, toying with her opponent’s now disheveled umber bun.

“You shall find out soon enough, Juliana. Consider yourself fortunate – There are much worse things in life … And even in death,” Arisa returned calmly, her own viridian green eyes alight with amusement. The older warrior casually moved forward, matching Juliana’s stance with even more grace. Both of the main gauches in her hands had aura resonating from them, casting a harsh glow in the setting shadows.

The young woman’s glare only sharpened, suddenly launching into a back-flip when Arisa lunged. “Demon.”

“I only work for one, my dear.”

“Then you are no better.”

“I can live with that fact.”

“Can you die with it?” Juliana asked softly, aura suddenly flaring around her own weapon. Contrasting violet and maroon, flaring against one another in a battle for supremacy when the weapons clashed. Earning a chuckle from her foe, one of heightened amusement. As if she knew something that the dark haired maiden did not. “You were my friend – And now you are at the end of my blade. Are you satisfied, Arisa?”

“Was I ever your friend in the first place?” the umber tressed warrior queried softly, just loud enough to be heard. Her eyes tracking every slight movement when Juliana paused, hesitating. “Precisely … The assassination attempt, on someone that no one else seemed to care about … It was not merely training for our Master’s assassins. It was a test, which you passed quite well … If you even know who you are.”

Juliana stiffened, abruptly halting midstride. She hadn’t told Arisa – Or anyone else. No one knew that she’d woken two years ago without memories. She was a stranger to the area then, and she’d found out quickly that she’d been trained in defenses and offenses. Everything else, was adopted. “What do you mean?”

“What do you think I mean?” Arisa countered, tone sharpening. “You know all too well, Milady,” the older woman suddenly spat, motioning with her glowing knives to the pendant hanging at Juliana’s throat. The teardrop shaped crystal, more specifically. Confusion tumbled after itself, bemusement clouding Juliana’s eyes. One hand lightly touched the cool crystal, shaking her head.

“A memento, nothing more. Enough of your mind games, Arisa – Tell me what is going on. Or shall I have to force it from you?” she added sharply, glaring daggers at her. The one that betrayed her, the one that had became her friend a mere moon after finding herself in the city. Shadows stretched further and further as the sun dipped down, creating a dusky parlor amongst their gray trousers and white tunics. Signaling that the eve of a new moon was upon them.

“Heh … You really are clueless. I suppose Lord Damian’s influence is too powerful even for you, Leaute. Which is precisely why I was sent … Malik is not your enemy. You may come without resistance, or with. The choice is yours, but to come is not,” Arisa stated bluntly, her tone now devoid of emotion. Despite mention of the two conflicting Demon Lords, she remained utterly calm.

“If they are not my ‘enemy’, I suppose that means you are,” Juliana countered, eyes narrowing. And lunged. A sharp gasp was jolted from her when something slammed into her – Blackness immediately clouding her vision as she rolled along the flagstone bridge, a low groan escaping her lips. Wet warmth trickled down her throat, something unyielding jutting into it. Fading from consciousness as the sunset vanished from the trickling waters.

“… was supposed to be unharmed. Your tactics do naught but discourage,” a cold, masculine voice hissed as Juliana awakened, the displeasure in his tone enticing an almost intimidated shudder through her half-conscious state. A resounding slap cut off another person trying to speak, followed by a muffled moan of pain. “You are dismissed.” Footsteps were audible across the floor, as well as a hurried pace fading from earshot.

Her lithe frame went rigid as first reaction when something touched the side of her face, gently or no. Groggily forcing her eyes open, determined to see the possible threat despite whatever was running through her veins. Crystal blue eyes bored into her own, observant. Longish golden tresses fell loosely around the man’s chiseled face, only restrained from falling in his eyes by a silver circlet. “At ease, Leaute. For now, rest,” the same calm voice murmured, the same hand that had been on her cheek trailing down her shoulder as her eyes immediately began flicking around the room. Pinching the nerve that connected her to consciousness, once more causing her world to go dark.

Sounds once more were what woke her. This time, though, immediately much more alert. Moonlight slipped through a hole in the roof above her, dancing across crystal covered walls. The display was dazzling, and nothing less than enrapturing. Juliana tore her eyes away from the rest of the room after a moment, though pausing as she started to move. Fine cloth brushed against her skin, rather than the almost threadbare commoner’s garments she’d been wearing. Warm silk closely encased her arms and upper body, while it flared out to form a long silvery-blue gown. Contrasting cobalt curved into a sharp “V” at her hips after curling around her waist, and the tails of the cloth falling even with the hem from the point of the “V” down.

Wariness renewed, the young woman’s pale silver gaze wandered once more as she stood. The soft skirts brushed against her legs as she walked, silently moving across the room towards the one opening. A gentle breeze toyed with her still loose tresses and the gown as she reached the arch, brow arching as she glanced up. Odd light reflected off of the crystal at her throat. The dark moon.

“I see you are awake, Leaute,” someone said quietly, a hand touching her shoulder. Juliana pivoted, instinctively taking stance. The same golden tressed man shook his head, lightly brushing her raised arms aside with his own.

“Who are you, might I ask?” the young woman queried softly, tonelessly. Knowing nothing of her surroundings or the possible risk … She did not wish to provoke someone. Especially on the Black Moon’s peaking night. Demons were crafty, and they could disguise themselves well even on the Silver Moon’s night.

“Malik. An ally, if you will. Possibly more, if you’ll allow,” he said quietly, ignoring the flaring dislike in her eyes. One arm resting against her back as he led her fully outside onto the balcony, it not escaping her notice that the onyx crystal in Malik’s circlet was glowing. Refreshing its power. Although his human form was only a hand taller than her, his pale skin was taut with youth and muscularity. It seemed as if the crystal was not doing any more than increasing his power.

“I fail to see why we would be allies, Malik … I was betrayed and captured, and at your hand. Only adding to that, I am not the Leaute – The High One holds balance between demon and human. I could personally care less about joining forces with a demon, after what has happened in the past two years,” she returned calmly, pointing out the facts with pointed but politely brutal honesty.

“The Leaute is passed to the next eligible maiden at the previous one’s death, Lady Juliana,” the flaxen tressed demon pointed out, as if reminding her of a well known fact.

“Your point being?”

“You know what I am insinuating.”

“Perhaps, though it is highly unlikely.”

“The last Leaute died three years ago, Milady. The balance is very fragile, as you can see. However, one does not awaken until the eve of their twentieth year. Whether or not you accept the duties, they are yours and yours alone unless you chose to let yourself die because you do not want them,” Malik added, his tone once more whispery calm. Knowing it was against her nature to give in, apparently.

“Then why are you telling me this?” Juliana queried, her voice bland. However, the facts were stacking against her now. If she possessed such powers at all, then she did not know how to use or control them.

“Because the previous Leaute made a mistake in her choices. She allied herself with the wrong demon, and he proceeded to drain her powers steadily to fuel this war. A contract is for life, after all, unless both sides withdraw. Even with the High One, Milady,” the pale demon said calmly, his crystal blue gaze locked on the almost invisible moon above their heads. The landscape below them was shrouded in darkness, indiscernible from their height.

Her brow arched after a moment, though positioning herself against the balcony railing. “Suppose I am the new Leaute, then … Why is it so important to create a contract at awakening, and on the night of the Black Moon’s peak of all things?” Juliana inquired, half prodding and half testing him.

“It is not necessarily a contract, Lady Juliana. It is only a contract when one does not read between the words, and something slips in-between that they do not notice, yet they still agree. As for the latter … I cannot chose when your birth is. It simply falls in the three day peak of the Black Moon. Whether or not we are at our strongest power is irrelevant, despite your thoughts. I am giving you warning and a choice. Heed it well, and make your decision wisely. You awaken on the morrow,” Malik said, his barely audible voice smacking of stinging finality. “I would do it soon, as well. Once you awaken, every demon will know where you are unless you Bond. Simply because you are in my domain does not mean I afford you protection against entire legions. Leaute or no, without the balance restored, you are powerless against them currently. The only thing they cannot force you to do is create a Bond, but there are ways of influencing it …” the demon added, though now his tone was darkened. Not in threat, but in anticipation and dislike.

“Another words, you are suggesting that I Bond with you … While you have given me much information, I still have little reason to trust your word entirely. Why did you go out of your way to obtain my presence, if your race does not know of me until my powers awaken? I see no reasoning, other than intertwined intents. Unless you’ve some other thoughts …” the onyx tressed maiden trailed off, hinting. Her silver gaze boring into the demon mere feet from her, as if searching through his soul. Juliana’s hands rested against the balcony railing still, fingers lightly resting atop the cool crystal.

His head turned back towards her after a moment, before chuckling lightly. “You are a quick witted one, to say the least. At least you’ve the sense to question my motives,” he said conversationally, as though what they were speaking of was as insignificant as the next meal. Malik turned fully to face her after a moment, stepping forward to where he was within arm’s reach. “Predetermined events spell out ruins for this Layer. History can only repeat itself so many times, before it abruptly comes to a screeching halt. Self preservation is among my interests, and I am certain it is in yours as well. Greater demons than myself can and will perish eventually, and what with the situation of things, it will be sooner than later. I’ve some personal goals, true … But nothing that no other demon does not have. Humans, either.”

The young woman nodded after a moment, unable to deny his point about the latter. “Predetermined events, though? I know naught of this, unless you were alive during the last prophecy. You only speak in circles now, Malik – Circles which do nothing to earn my trust. The last prophecy was over a thousand years ago, and is little more than a legend until it takes place. ‘Aura clashes, fate twists and twines, and the Moons align.’ The first line is less than descriptive, to say the least …” Juliana added after reciting what she remembered of it, though carefully watching the demon now. Malik’s name as a powerful demon reached far across the Layer, much as Lord Damian’s did. No one knew how long they had walked the Layer, though – Only that they were at odds in the scales of balance, that both had the chance of becoming the true King.

“Touché, a very good point …” he returned calmly, apparently taking interest in their extended banter. If anything, his interest seemed to heighten with each passing moment. Remaining utterly calm, however, his movements smooth when made. “No, I was not alive during the prophecy. My ancestors were, and it was carefully passed down as they hold more value to demons than humans. Much as the Leaute does, except that is almost equal. Tell me now, Lady Juliana – Does your mistrust for demons run so deep as to destroy an entire race? Unless you wish for that to happen, make your decision soon. The sooner you Bond, the safer everything will be. Every moment draws closer to you awakening – Dwell on it well.”
Selene Hime
Selene Hime
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 426

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next