The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Voices in My Head

+10
Malicious Nightmares
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Jesus4Eternity
LuckyPenny666
Erinbeth
The Mad Hatter
SaddleClub
Mordor
rattyjol
shadowsowner888
14 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Empty Re: The Voices in My Head

Post by shadowsowner888 6/29/2010, 10:47 am

((Oh my gosh, I should ask somebody to do that for me some time. XD

Don't forget to reply, Ratty! ^^))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Voices in My Head - Page 11 1312The Voices in My Head - Page 11 2412The Voices in My Head - Page 11 3349The Voices in My Head - Page 11 3548The Voices in My Head - Page 11 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 6/29/2010, 4:50 pm

(Shad, I'm Canadian. xDD Of course our accents win. Why else would I use one? :3)
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/29/2010, 5:10 pm

Mrs. Twarry Matsuda wrote:
"Matthew, eh?" Matsuda asked, looking 'Matt' over. I did another facepalm, and groaned internally. Was he acting Canadian now, or something? I remembered thinking of the extended 'u' sound 'Reese' had used when saying Matsui. Why would she do that? Did she know who Matsuda was? I started to hyperventilate a little, but then calmed myself down. She couldn't know, unless this was really Mail Jeevas; aka Matt. Mello's secondhand man.

"So, Reese," I said, trying to make conversation. It had been silent ever since Matsuda had used that stupid Canadian accent. Gosh, sometimes I just wanted to smack him in the head! "Do you mind coming on a walk with me? We could leave these two boys alone," I gestured to Matt and Matsuda. "And talk about more.....girl-ish things."

Matt chose not to question the sudden accent, as it was probably just an attempt to make himself look more threatening, like someone from the Canadian Royal Police... or whatever that thing was called. He nodded in response. "Mm-hm," he hummed simply. Any more talk and he might have looked suspicious. Whether there was reason to think he was guilty or not, around a police officer is not the place to be if you're going to appear guilty.

I took the pose of supposedly not paying close attention to what the men were talking about, but I knew very well that Matsu (that was a fair term to call him by in my mind, being the first part of both last names) was attempting to get Matt to confess he was Mail Jeevas—which was true, but not always a good kind of true. I was pretty sure I'd heard a change of inhalation and exhalation tempo from Chelsea, but wasn't sure. Still, even the fact that I might have caught something probably meant there was something unsettling about the situation.

The moment the name Reese was said I redirected my attention to Chelsea. If I was going to be Reese Lumae, I would have to act like I knew I was Reese Lumae. Her offer was tempting, but would it be safe to leave Matt with an officer? Of course it would be, he can take care of himself, I reassured myself without bothering to throw him a glance. I shook my head in reply. "I wouldn't mind at all—and I know what you mean," I added a friendly little laugh at the last part. Before walking, I couldn't help but take a look at my confident Mail, who had returned the gaze.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 6/29/2010, 5:23 pm

Cyn431 wrote:
"Matthew, eh?" Matsuda asked, looking 'Matt' over. I did another facepalm, and groaned internally. Was he acting Canadian now, or something? I remembered thinking of the extended 'u' sound 'Reese' had used when saying Matsui. Why would she do that? Did she know who Matsuda was? I started to hyperventilate a little, but then calmed myself down. She couldn't know, unless this was really Mail Jeevas; aka Matt. Mello's secondhand man.

"So, Reese," I said, trying to make conversation. It had been silent ever since Matsuda had used that stupid Canadian accent. Gosh, sometimes I just wanted to smack him in the head! "Do you mind coming on a walk with me? We could leave these two boys alone," I gestured to Matt and Matsuda. "And talk about more.....girl-ish things."

Matt chose not to question the sudden accent, as it was probably just an attempt to make himself look more threatening, like someone from the Canadian Royal Police... or whatever that thing was called. He nodded in response. "Mm-hm," he hummed simply. Any more talk and he might have looked suspicious. Whether there was reason to think he was guilty or not, around a police officer is not the place to be if you're going to appear guilty.

I took the pose of supposedly not paying close attention to what the men were talking about, but I knew very well that Matsu (that was a fair term to call him by in my mind, being the first part of both last names) was attempting to get Matt to confess he was Mail Jeevas—which was true, but not always a good kind of true. I was pretty sure I'd heard a change of inhalation and exhalation tempo from Chelsea, but wasn't sure. Still, even the fact that I might have caught something probably meant there was something unsettling about the situation.

The moment the name Reese was said I redirected my attention to Chelsea. If I was going to be Reese Lumae, I would have to act like I knew I was Reese Lumae. Her offer was tempting, but would it be safe to leave Matt with an officer? Of course it would be, he can take care of himself, I reassured myself without bothering to throw him a glance. I shook my head in reply. "I wouldn't mind at all—and I know what you mean," I added a friendly little laugh at the last part. Before walking, I couldn't help but take a look at my confident Mail, who had returned the gaze.

(Whatever that thing was called? *is insulted* -is insulted with Twarry- It's either the (something)PD, or RCMP. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) D:<)

Matsuda exhaled and started to relax. As I left with Chelsea, I hoped he would be able to manage without me and not get shot. He said something to Matt, that sort of sounded like "I have a little Canadian background. So does Chelsea." It was confirmed, as he gestured over to me. "If it offended you, please just excuse me." He twisted his hand respectfully.

I sighed and turned back to Reese, and began to walk away from Matt and Matsuda.
"How long?" I asked her simply, then added "Have you and Matt been together, of course." I realized my question had sounded like something one person would say to a pregnant woman. Stifling an urge to laugh, I lifted a hand to my mouth to keep the laughter contained inside my mouth. My body shuddered as I laughed on the inside.
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 6/29/2010, 6:46 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:Cody grinned and took a moment to shapeshift back into a human before answering. The process took close to thirty seconds, his large dragon mass sucking itself back into the form of a human. (Thankfully he wasn't the sort of shifter who lost their clothes after a transformation.) "Cody Bryson."

Suddenly a wave of pain hit him. If you asked him how just giving his name triggered it, he definitely couldn't have told you. But something about it just reminded him of Kayla. And I lost her. Anything on earth could be happening to her, anything at all, and I'm not even in the same dimension. There's nothing I can do to protect her. Pain entered his expression, and for a moment he utterly forgot about the girls standing there.

((Oh my gosh. XD Lucky, I was listening to What Hurts the Most while I wrote the part to you . . . it was the perfect atmosphere. Even if the lyrics aren't perfect for Cody.))
Jenny and Emily stared as the dragon transformed into a human. The magic involved was simply amazing.

"Well, not to sound all formal and cliche, but it's nice to meet you," Emily said, noticing Cody's sudden blank and painful expression. "Are you alright?"

(Awwww, that's so...wow. (xD Sorry, I'm bad at expressing what I'm trying to say here.))
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 9:00 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:"Yeerks?" For a moment, Shadow appeared confused, but then she realized what the whole purpose of this meeting had been. "Oh! That's right! So what about the Yeerks, again?"

[J] "They're moving..." I prompted slowly, trying to jog her memory. "...to another city... and we have to find a way to stop them."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/30/2010, 5:07 pm

Mrs. Twarry Matsuda wrote:(Whatever that thing was called? *is insulted* -is insulted with Twarry- It's either the (something)PD, or RCMP. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) D:<)

Matsuda exhaled and started to relax. As I left with Chelsea, I hoped he would be able to manage without me and not get shot. He said something to Matt, that sort of sounded like "I have a little Canadian background. So does Chelsea." It was confirmed, as he gestured over to me. "If it offended you, please just excuse me." He twisted his hand respectfully.

I sighed and turned back to Reese, and began to walk away from Matt and Matsuda.
"How long?" I asked her simply, then added "Have you and Matt been together, of course." I realized my question had sounded like something one person would say to a pregnant woman. Stifling an urge to laugh, I lifted a hand to my mouth to keep the laughter contained inside my mouth. My body shuddered as I laughed on the inside.
(I forgot! *goes to corner of woe* I heard it on Match Game somewhere, but for some reason I can never understand what Charles Nelson Riley says unless he writes it down on a card, and in the section I heard it that's not supposed to be done... Meh hehhhh. xP I meant the RCMP. I can go change it if you want. Matt probably wouldn't care that I changed his thoughts.)

Matt listened to what Matsuda had to say and nodded in understanding. Learn something new every day. "Neither of our backgrounds—" He gave a brief gesture to me as I was walking away with Chelsea. "—really come through our voices. Maybe a little bit of British, but nothing prominent." Mail shook his head, as if this would confirm the statement. He considered cleaning out any fog that he could pretend was in his goggles to prove he had no fear of taking them off or anything, but decided only to do that if things started looking really serious. It wouldn't even be of harm to do that. Besides, nobody, even Mello if he remembered correctly, knew what he looked like without his orange goggles. Except for me, of course.

I almost found it difficult to look away from Matt (teen love, could you blame me?), but I knew the only way I could manage without making a fool out of myself would be to rip my gaze off and back to Chelsea. When asked how long, it didn't take long for me to dig out that memory of first meeting Matt. Who knew what a video game tournament could do? (OOC: Eh heh... xD) "About three months now," I replied, and before I knew it my correspondent was laughing. It took a little bit longer than she had for me to realize why, and I found myself giggling a bit too, enough to make me unable to ask her to return the favor.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 6/30/2010, 9:18 pm

Cyn431 wrote:
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda wrote:(Whatever that thing was called? *is insulted* -is insulted with Twarry- It's either the (something)PD, or RCMP. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) D:<)

(I forgot! *goes to corner of woe* I heard it on Match Game somewhere, but for some reason I can never understand what Charles Nelson Riley says unless he writes it down on a card, and in the section I heard it that's not supposed to be done... Meh hehhhh. xP I meant the RCMP. I can go change it if you want. Matt probably wouldn't care that I changed his thoughts.)

Matt listened to what Matsuda had to say and nodded in understanding. Learn something new every day. "Neither of our backgrounds—" He gave a brief gesture to me as I was walking away with Chelsea. "—really come through our voices. Maybe a little bit of British, but nothing prominent." Mail shook his head, as if this would confirm the statement. He considered cleaning out any fog that he could pretend was in his goggles to prove he had no fear of taking them off or anything, but decided only to do that if things started looking really serious. It wouldn't even be of harm to do that. Besides, nobody, even Mello if he remembered correctly, knew what he looked like without his orange goggles. Except for me, of course.

I almost found it difficult to look away from Matt (teen love, could you blame me?), but I knew the only way I could manage without making a fool out of myself would be to rip my gaze off and back to Chelsea. When asked how long, it didn't take long for me to dig out that memory of first meeting Matt. Who knew what a video game tournament could do? (OOC: Eh heh... xD) "About three months now," I replied, and before I knew it my correspondent was laughing. It took a little bit longer than she had for me to realize why, and I found myself giggling a bit too, enough to make me unable to ask her to return the favor.

(S'okay. nod I don't really care that much. xD)

Matsuda nodded. "Normally it doesn't come into voices, except for certain languages. Appearance sometimes tells as well." He looked at Matt's goggles, wondering why he wore them. And the color....orange. A bit if an odd color to look through. Everything would be tinted greatly, unless they were mirror goggles. But Matsuda could tell that they weren't.

I bent over, and held a hand out so I wouldn't fall on my face. I coughed, and stopped laughing. Taking a deep breath, I looked at Matsuda briefly. One hand were tucked snugly inside his pocket, and the other was hanging loosely by his side. He was standing a bit stiffly, and he looked a little tense. I tried to tell him to relax with my mind, but I knew it wasn't possible. I lightly tapped my foot on the ground, so that maybe he would realize what he looked like. Thankfully, he heard me and loosened up.

Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/30/2010, 9:22 pm

(Rp anyone?)
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

The Voices in My Head - Page 11 DN41
The Voices in My Head - Page 11 Cake
I was hungry =]

Female Posts : 2339

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/30/2010, 11:24 pm

Mrs. Twarry Matsuda wrote:(Shad, I'm Canadian. xDD Of course our accents win. Why else would I use one? :3)

((Oh, okay, good. XD))

LuckyPenny666 wrote:
shadowsowner888 wrote:Cody grinned and took a moment to shapeshift back into a human before answering. The process took close to thirty seconds, his large dragon mass sucking itself back into the form of a human. (Thankfully he wasn't the sort of shifter who lost their clothes after a transformation.) "Cody Bryson."

Suddenly a wave of pain hit him. If you asked him how just giving his name triggered it, he definitely couldn't have told you. But something about it just reminded him of Kayla. And I lost her. Anything on earth could be happening to her, anything at all, and I'm not even in the same dimension. There's nothing I can do to protect her. Pain entered his expression, and for a moment he utterly forgot about the girls standing there.

((Oh my gosh. XD Lucky, I was listening to What Hurts the Most while I wrote the part to you . . . it was the perfect atmosphere. Even if the lyrics aren't perfect for Cody.))
Jenny and Emily stared as the dragon transformed into a human. The magic involved was simply amazing.

"Well, not to sound all formal and cliche, but it's nice to meet you," Emily said, noticing Cody's sudden blank and painful expression. "Are you alright?"

(Awwww, that's so...wow. (xD Sorry, I'm bad at expressing what I'm trying to say here.))

rattyjol wrote:
shadowsowner888 wrote:"Yeerks?" For a moment, Shadow appeared confused, but then she realized what the whole purpose of this meeting had been. "Oh! That's right! So what about the Yeerks, again?"

[J] "They're moving..." I prompted slowly, trying to jog her memory. "...to another city... and we have to find a way to stop them."

((I'll reply later, guys; tonight I need to get off before my parents get mad. xD))

Dark Fairytales wrote:(Rp anyone?)

((I'd love to, but since I have to get off right now, I don't think I can start any more yet. :/ Sorry!))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Voices in My Head - Page 11 1312The Voices in My Head - Page 11 2412The Voices in My Head - Page 11 3349The Voices in My Head - Page 11 3548The Voices in My Head - Page 11 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/30/2010, 11:40 pm

(Okie dokies, Shadow. Very Happy)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 7/3/2010, 12:54 am

shadowsowner888 wrote:After a while, Pootnic finally found the record player, along with a fine selection of surprisingly modern albums to be played on it. Among them were Kidz Bop ∞, The Annoying Collection (several songs for the purpose of 'getting on peoples' nerves' or never ending), and one record which seemed to have no name. This one he put in first, and turned the music up as high as it would go. This was the theme song of a cop show, the song known as Axel F.

Nico: I arrived back at the house and heard strange music blaring. What on Earth is he doing? I walked in the unlocked door and looked around, barely able to think over the irritating song. "Hello?!" I shouted. "Can you hear me?!"
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/10/2010, 9:26 am

((Lol, Lucky. XD I know what you mean, though, that happens to me wayyy too much.

But omg, now I have Dragon Soul open by the word processing page I’m writing the reply in. And since that’s the story Cody actually came from, I thought that was cool. rolleyes))

He jerked his eyes back towards her, and it took a moment for Cody to remember that they were actually other humans. Suddenly he couldn’t do anything but stare at them like he was a cornered animal. Had they . . . seen him when he was thinking? Had he been acting out of the ordinary?

Maybe it really didn’t matter, but Cody didn’t quite think he wanted them to know all the personal details of his life.

Uhmm,” he got out, though it took a moment to find his tongue after that. “Nice to meet you too.” With those ‘cliche’ words, Cody successfully placed a smile on his face, and the last of his sorrow vanished within him.

Shadow just stared at him for a moment, but then her expression lit up. “Oh, that’s right! And then I started talking about ice cream . . . cus ice cream is just cool like that, ya know?” Unfortunately, she really wasn’t doing a good job of contributing to the discussion. Likely, she’d just make the conversation digress again if somebody didn’t get her back on track. Or even better, simply tell her to shut up.

Apparently, Pootnic could not hear Nico. He was too busy stomping on the ground and flapping his arms, having a marvelous time dancing. When he started rolling around on the ground, the big smile was apparent on his face - at least, when he wasn't facing downwards. "WHEEEEEEE!" he screeched.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/10/2010, 12:32 pm

[R] "Yeah, we got that part," I said impatiently. "Can we move on, please?"
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 7/10/2010, 3:22 pm

Cyn431 wrote:

(S'okay. nod I don't really care that much. xD)

Matsuda nodded. "Normally it doesn't come into voices, except for certain languages. Appearance sometimes tells as well." He looked at Matt's goggles, wondering why he wore them. And the color....orange. A bit if an odd color to look through. Everything would be tinted greatly, unless they were mirror goggles. But Matsuda could tell that they weren't.

I bent over, and held a hand out so I wouldn't fall on my face. I coughed, and stopped laughing. Taking a deep breath, I looked at Matsuda briefly. One hand were tucked snugly inside his pocket, and the other was hanging loosely by his side. He was standing a bit stiffly, and he looked a little tense. I tried to tell him to relax with my mind, but I knew it wasn't possible. I lightly tapped my foot on the ground, so that maybe he would realize what he looked like. Thankfully, he heard me and loosened up.

(Cynner, your turn. Wink)
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/11/2010, 8:26 am

"Yes, yes, excellent idea," Shadow replied. "So we were really trying to find a way to stop them. Right. Ideas. What about getting some disposable people in there to sacrifice themselves to help us? Not humans if we can help it, though. I was thinking, like, Japanese robots with artificial skin."
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/11/2010, 9:35 am

[J] "Uh..." I glanced at Ax.
<I do not think the parts for those would be easy to acquire,> Ax said. <A robot I could build you, but the artificial skin would be difficult to recreate...>
Annie looked at us like we were crazy. "The Chee aren't Japanese robots but they do have pretty good artificial skin," she said pointedly.
"Oh..." I realized. "Right."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/12/2010, 3:40 pm

"But we can't ask them to sacrifice themselves!" Shadow quickly put in. "If they offer, that's one thing, but if I were them I wouldn't be too big on the idea of going in there just to die. Especially over a plan that might not even work and definitely wouldn't end everything."
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/13/2010, 2:12 am

"Who says they'll sacrifice themselves?" Rachel put in. "Remember, the Chee can always pretend they're dead by changing their hologram. Plus, there's the whole dead-Yeerk-in-the-head thing."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/13/2010, 11:59 am

"Well I said sacrifice, so you can't blame me for assuming that's what we were talking about!" Shadow indignantly replied. Then she suddenly laughed. "But I guess you're right. If they're willing to do that much, and nobody actually dies or anything, I guess that wouldn't be so bad to ask."
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/13/2010, 6:07 pm

[J] "Right, then, unless anyone has any objections, I guess that's what we're going to do. Tobias, you're probably the one who can get there the fastest."
<Course I am.> He spread his wings and jumped off the rafters, swooping down to eye level and soaring out the door.

(Who's gonna play the Chee?)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/14/2010, 10:47 am

((Well, considering you have so many characters to play already, I can do that if you'd prefer. xDD))

Shadow smiled as if she were proud of herself. Really, though, the smile could've been for anything at all. At this present moment, it probably fell under the classification of 'you don't wanna know.'

"I'm going to time him!" she suddenly announced, and started to stare at her watch. "How long do you guys wanna bet he'll take?"
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/15/2010, 3:19 am

('Kay, thanks. Smile)

"Twenty bucks says he'll be back in fifteen minutes," Marco said instantly.
"Sixteen," Annie countered quickly.
"And I say fourteen," Rachel said with a smirk at Marco. "Whoever's closest wins."
"Now that's just not fair."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/15/2010, 5:54 pm

Shadow giggled, but gave no indication that she was betting anything herself. She'd only asked what they wanted to bet, after all. Not once had she said she'd be betting something herself. She just continued watching her watch, hoping Marco would win. He sorta deserved it, after all.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/15/2010, 11:11 pm

A while later, Tobias swooped back through the door and perched on the rafters, straightening his feathers. <Erek should be here any second.>

(How about, like, 14:59 or 16:01 or something? Just to be cruel to Marco. xD)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down