The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stranded (Chapter Eight added)

+8
krislia
warriorcatlover
Arianna
Nightowl
twilighter3000
shadowsowner888
Boballoo123
Lyssa45
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) Empty Stranded (Chapter Eight added)

Post by Lyssa45 9/2/2009, 8:22 pm

Stranded

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Ch1: This post.
Ch2: Page 1, Post 9
Ch3: Page 2, Post 6
Ch4: Page 3, Post 10
Ch5: Page 4, Post 4
Ch6: Page 5, Post 5
Ch7: Page 6, Post 4
Ch8: Page 7, Post 8

Summary:
A trip to Brazil gone wrong turns into the fight for four unfortunate teenager’s lives, and a summer they will never forget.

Maturity: Romance- Kissing, lovey dovey stuff...action, deaths, skeleton kind of stuff.
Fantasy: Not that I know of, I don't have the story completely planned out yet.

Characters:

Girls:
Charise McKay- 16, long Auburn/Chestnut straight hair, medium height and weight. Quiet but outgoing. Emerald green eyes.

Nina Volina- 16, Medium-length blonde curly hair, tall and skinny. Outgoing and very self-spoken. Sparkling blue eyes.

Boys:
Evan DeMarco- 16, Short dark brown hair, tall and skinny. Formerly part of the popular group. Chestnut brown eyes.

Ethan Fin- 17, Short brown hair, Medium height and skinny. Formerly part of the popular group. Huge brown eyes. Thick English accent.

Chapter One: Airport
“Nina, are you sure you want to go on this trip?” Mom asked me again, pulling into the small Ontario airport while I finished applying my mascara carefully on my long eye lashes.
“Of course, Mom. Dana moved to Brazil last year and this is the only time Charise, Evan, Ethan and I can visit her!” I smiled as I counted off my three best friends’ names. Evan and Ethan were part of the ‘popular’ group at school but they ditched them three years ago for Charise and I because we were down to Earth and awesome to be around. And I know they will never go back to that group of absolute snobs. I’ve known Charise since we were in Pre- K and we’ve been best friends ever since.
“Fine fine, but you’ll be there for two whole weeks!” Mom let out a heavy sigh. “Come on, let’s go find Charise.”
I glanced at my new silver watch to make sure I wasn’t late. Charise had told me she would meet me, Ethan and Evan at the double doors of the airport and, conveniently enough, there they were, flagging me down eagerly. I let out a little squeal of excitement and started running toward my friends, dragging my luggage behind me and dodging the crowds of rushing people.

“Nina!” My friends shouted at me and we all hugged happily.
“Hey!” I said and pulled back my thick, curly hair from the wind whistling against my head which was pushing it in my petite face. “Is our private plane to Brazil ready yet?”
“No,” Evan replied, huffing out a breath of air annoyed. “The pilot, Jim, is preparing everything and he will let us know when we can board the plane. I estimate twenty more minutes until then.”
“Okay, well then I’ll stay with you kids until he comes.” Mom said and we all nodded.
“So, what do you want to do until then?” Ethan asked with a hint of confusion in his chestnut eyes. Ethan always looked confused!
“Ethan,” Charise sighed jokingly, “Will you ever lose that English accent of yours?”
Ethan was originally from a small province in England before moving here in Ontario, Canada. Because of that, he has a heavy accent but everybody adores it; and adores him in general.
“I’m English ‘till I die!” Ethan said proudly over the roar of the wind, his head held high and his right hand over his heart.
“Excuse me, but are you the four going to Brazil on the private plane?” A deep voice asked nicely behind me. I spun around and the burly man -about 50 years of age I estimate- standing behind me blocked the sun’s path so I didn’t have to strain my eyes squinting. He smiled down at us, his gray eyes danced.
“Yes,” I replied and grinned. “Are you Jim?”
“I sure am, Miss! Now if you’d kindly follow me, I’ll lead you onto the plane.” Jim gestured for us to follow him, so I turned around to say ‘Goodbye’ to Mom. Her piercing blue eyes filled with tears, as did mine.
“Nina,” she said and hugged me tight. Then she kissed my head. “Have a wonderful time, and tell Dana’s parents I say ‘hi’. See you in two weeks, dear.”
“Bye Mom, I love you!”
“I love you too. Be safe, Nina.” Mom whispered and hugged me once more, which seemed forever.
Then I turned around slowly, got a tight grip on the handles of my luggage and caught up with the rest of the group boarding the plane. No going back now.

Chapter 2 is on this page, post 9!

Last edited by Lyssa45 on 9/28/2009, 7:41 pm; edited 17 times in total
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 148

Back to top Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) Empty Re: Stranded (Chapter Eight added)

Post by Boballoo123 9/2/2009, 8:34 pm

This is really good so far! Write more! nod
Boballoo123
Boballoo123
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 824

http://dreamer.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/2/2009, 8:37 pm

Thanks very much! I appreciate it! Smile I'll add more tomorrow or maybe later tonight!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Boballoo123 9/2/2009, 8:45 pm

Okay! Smile
Boballoo123
Boballoo123
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 824

http://dreamer.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/2/2009, 10:30 pm

Awesome job so far! ^^ I envy those kids, lol, getting to go on a vacation without their parents. *sigh*
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 1312Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 2412Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 3349Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 3548Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/3/2009, 10:50 am

Awesome job! Yeah, I'm jealous too! lol! But I'm not gonna be going on any big vacations without my parents for at least another 4 years!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/3/2009, 12:40 pm

Haha thank you! Smile I know right....haha I'd have to wait like..5 or 6 years before that! Sad I'll add more later, I promise!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/3/2009, 12:42 pm

Yeah... *Sigh* Awesome! Can't wait!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) Empty Chapter Two

Post by Lyssa45 9/3/2009, 7:16 pm

Chapter Two: Dreams
The plane looked much bigger on the outside than the inside; the inside had two rows of five seats each, and a narrow aisle in the middle. Evan and Ethan sat together in one row, while Charise and I sat in the other row.
I looked out the window down to the silent chaos of the people below us. Jim started explaining all the basic plane instructions; where the life vests were in case of a crash in the ocean and where a fluid kit was. According to Jim, the estimated time it would take to get to Brazil would be about nine hours.

That much I heard, but then I zoned out and started thinking of how I'd miss my mother, father, and brother Mason. I had another brother, Angelo, but sadly, Angelo was twenty-three years old when he passed away in a terrible car accident. That was three years ago, so I was thirteen and Mason was eleven. I still remember the moment in the ER when the doctor came out and had announced Angelo had passed on. I had broke down crying and Mason did as well. Every year, in memory of Angelo, we each place one flower on his grave and we say a prayer.
I hadn't realized I was crying until I turned around and my best friend's were all beside me. I wiped my tears away with my sleeve and tried to fake a smile.
"Nina, what's wrong?" Charise set her hand on my cold shoulder.
"Just thinking of Angelo," I sighed.
"Angelo is watching over you right now, Nina" Evan said. "He wouldn't want you to be sad, now, would he?"
"You're right, Ev." I half-smiled.
"Plus, we're going to Brazil to see Dana!" Ethan added, his dimpled grin surely brightened me up a bit.
"Fine..thanks, you guys are the best!"

None of us noticed that Jim started up the plane and it was racing down the runway, picking up intense speed every second.
I closed my eyes and it felt like I was truly flying with wings. As I drifted asleep, I imagined the wind whipping against my face and whistling like a seiren in my ears. My body was floating carelessly through the air; it flowed perfectly like the sharpest pencil gliding on the paper.
Suddenly, my wings started rising up above me. Breathing heavily, my perfectly relaxing dream became a nightmare as my wings ripped off and I started plummeting toward the ocean. I screamed helplessly, but there was nobody around; nothing anybody could do. Just as my body slapped through the water, I flew awake. My face was sweating but my arms and legs were covered in goosebumps. I had been laying on Charise while she slept. I stood up to mae sure everything was alright; Evan and Ethan were sleeping on each other peacefully as well, which looked pretty funny.

But I looked up at the pilot's seat and screamed when Jim was slouched over the controls and wheel...not moving at all.

Chapter Three is on Page 2, post 6!

Last edited by Lyssa45 on 9/5/2009, 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/3/2009, 7:24 pm

Oooh! Cliffhanger! xD Great job.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/3/2009, 7:56 pm

Haha thank you! Smile
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/4/2009, 10:56 am

HOW COULD YOU? lol, jk. Great job, though cliffhangers always bug me cuz I wanna know what's gonna happen! lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/4/2009, 11:23 am

OMG! That's freaky! o.0 Add more soon!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 1312Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 2412Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 3349Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 3548Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/4/2009, 1:39 pm

LOL thanks! Yesh, the horrid cliffhanger that makes you come back! I actually just wrote the next chapter so I guess I'll add it now...Smile
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/4/2009, 1:40 pm

Ooh, now, now! lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) Empty Chapter Three

Post by Lyssa45 9/4/2009, 2:27 pm

Chapter Three: Help
Startled by my scream of horror, my friends shot up from their slumber and stared at me, looking quite annoyed.
"What, Nin?" Ethan asked, looking around.
My fingers trembling, I held my arm out and pointed to the cockpit. "Jim," I whispered.
Evan jumped over the seats suddenly and ran into the cockpit where I pointed. I heard him swear so Eth, Char and I followed.
"Jim is unconscious." Charise observed, examining Jim's expressionless face and checking his pulse. Then she looked up curiously. "There's a metal rod right here above where he is sitting; must have hit his head hard."
"Well this is just fabulous!" Ethan said sarcastically and sighed. "What are we to do with no pilot? We're screwed over!" I could feel everybody was getting tense; I heard my heart starting to pound against my chest as if it was going to tear through my skin and pop out.
"Well what time is it?" Evan asked. "We need to have some sort of a clue as to when Jim could have hit his head, and how long he could have been knocked out like this."
"It's 3:21," Charise replied quickly. "And we took off around noon."
"So I think he could have been out at least an hour; maybe a little less."
"Who CARES?" Ethan got up and met Evan's eyes. "Ev, dude, our pilot is unconscious. Why do you care so much about when Jim hit his head?! The problem is that we have no pilot now!"
"Well I'm trying to figure out how much time we have until the auto-pilot stops working!" Evan made sure it was on. "But if you know so much about flying a darn plane, then you get behind the wheel and save us all from getting killed!" He shoved Ethan in the direction of the cockpit.
"STOP it." I growled, fighting back tears. "We have to stay calm. Do any of you have any experience what-so ever flying a plane?"
"You're right, Nin. Sorry," Ethan said. "Actually, I took a week of flying school last spring, but I only learned--"
"Great" I cut him off. "Do what you learned and keep us in the sky. Somebody else get Jim out of the way and stay by him in case he wakes up. I'll try to contact the Tower with the radio to get help."

Charise carefully grabbed Jim and delicately unbuckled the seatbelt and dragged him back to lay in a row of seats. Ethan climbed into the seat where Jim was and gripped onto the wheel. Evan bit his nails and paced back and forth with a worried expression while I grabbed the radio next to where Ethan was.
"Hello?! Hello Control Tower!? Is somebody there can you hear me?!" I said frantically, slurring my words.
"Yes, who is this and what is the problem?" A man said back, loudly and clear; his charming voice made me calm down a bit.
"This is Nina Volina, in Private Plane 47313B going to Brazil." I read off the numbers and letters on the top right corner of the plane, pronouncing my words with great diction. "Our pilot, Jim, is unconscious and there's three other people with me; one whom is behind the wheel right now with one week of flight school last spring."
"Okay, my radar is tracking your plane; I can get you back on course. First, if auto-pilot is on, please turn it off now." Ethan heard what the man said and did as he was told. "Now pull back on the wheel and ease up on the clutch to stay up in the air." Ethan breathed slowly and steadily as he did this, raising the plane up more in the air and evening out again. "Perfect," the man said. "Now make sure that you don't --"

The horrifying sound of fuzz and static assured me that we had lost the signal. "Hello! Sir!?" I yelled in the radio; still fuzz. In anger and frustration, I threw the radio down. "Okay, Ethan. NOW we're screwed!" I sighed and sat down, looking out the window at the yellow and orange that painted the sky above the puffy white field of clouds.
Evan started murmuring something to Ethan, intentionally quiet so Charise and I couldn't hear.
"How is Jim?" I looked over my shoulder to Jim, still sprawled on the row of seats behind me.
"The same as before," Char sighed and her lip started quivering. She stood up and hugged the life out of me, breaking down in hysterics. "Nina," she whispered. "Are we going to die?"
I bit my lip. What was I supposed to say? I didn't know for sure, and I didn't want to make anybody more upset than we all are. "No," I said, trying to assure my friend confidently.

I heard Ethan and Evan swear loudly as something in the cockpit snapped and the plane began to nose-dive full speed to the earth.

Chapter Four is on Page 3, Post 10!

Last edited by Lyssa45 on 9/20/2009, 5:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/4/2009, 2:34 pm

Wow, that's really good. I love how you put the cliffhangers at the end of the chapters! I want more!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/4/2009, 2:35 pm

Thanks Arianna! Smile I'm going to try and write a new chapter every day, so you'll get more tomorrow!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by warriorcatlover 9/4/2009, 2:49 pm

Awesome so far! Keep up the good work!! I love how you have all these cliffhangers. Suspense is my favorite thing in a story. Smile
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2472

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/4/2009, 2:58 pm

Thanks; I also love suspense and cliffhangers because it keeps you wondering and coming back until you know! Wink
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/4/2009, 3:03 pm

kk, I'll have to read this later cuz my brother's screaming about something or another... *Rolls eyes*
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/4/2009, 5:39 pm

Okay, no problem!

Do you guys like the title or should I change it?! Smile I'm not quite sure.
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/4/2009, 6:23 pm

More, more!!! lol! Sorry, it's another cliffhanger, so now I'm gonna go crazy! I like the title, but you probably'll end up changing it as you get farther into the story, so I wouldn't worry about it right now!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/4/2009, 6:25 pm

Haha it's okay; I'm adding a chapter or two per day! Smile True...haha!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/5/2009, 9:03 am

I'm really enjoying the story. Very Happy The new chapter was awesome!

And I like the name. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next