The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stranded (Chapter Eight added)

+8
krislia
warriorcatlover
Arianna
Nightowl
twilighter3000
shadowsowner888
Boballoo123
Lyssa45
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stranded (Chapter Eight added)

Post by Lyssa45 9/5/2009, 12:39 pm

Ok, thanks Shadow! Smile
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 148

Back to top Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stranded (Chapter Eight added)

Post by Nightowl 9/5/2009, 1:26 pm

I like the title, too. xD

Yeah, like everyone said it's good how you put cliffhangers at the ends of chapters! Great new part. =)
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/5/2009, 6:12 pm

Thanks Sparrow! I'm writing the new chapter now; hoping to have it up by later tonight!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/5/2009, 6:19 pm

Sweet! Very Happy
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 Empty Chapter Four

Post by Lyssa45 9/5/2009, 7:07 pm

Chapter Four: Free-Fall
"Oh my Lord!" Ethan gasped. "The wheel broke and I have no control over the plane! The position of the wheel was down so that's the direction it's going; and I can't pull it back up! We're going to crash!"
Just like my dream, I thought, tensing up at the ironicness and what Ethan had just said over the roar of the engine.
"Everybody get to the back of the plane right now!" Charise ordered as everybody piled to the back of the plane.
"Crouch behind the seats and huddle together!" Evan suggested in response and we all did so, shaking with fear.
"Wait!" I gasped, "What about Jim?" I started to get up but Ethan grabbed my arm and with one flick of his wrist, pulled me back down forcefully.
"We can't worry about Jim right now; we have to save ourselves." He said calmly.

Despite the senario that our pilot was out cold, our plane was free-falling at a 70- degree angle at at least 100 MPH and we were all huddling together behind the seats helplessly; it was quiet and relaxed. The kind of feeling you got when you knew something awful was about to happen, but you felt a flow of peacefulness, admiring the true beauty around you.
As I snapped out of my calmed trance, I realized that Charise was glancing up toward the front of the plane, her eyes growing wider and wider.

"Brace yourselves!" she screamed, followed by a quartet of low and high screeches of mercy.
And then, complete and total blackness.

Chapter Five is on Page 4, Post 4!

Last edited by Lyssa45 on 9/20/2009, 5:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/6/2009, 8:29 am

CLIFFHANGER! xD Nice job.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 1312Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 2412Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 3349Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 3548Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/6/2009, 10:18 am

Ahaha yep; glad ya liked it! Smile
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/6/2009, 11:20 am

Awesome! I can't wait for more!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 Empty Chapter Five

Post by Lyssa45 9/6/2009, 11:19 pm

Chapter Five: Where Are We?
"Nina?" I heard three worried voices in a frenzy around me. I was unable to open my eyes or move; so I listened to my friends await my consciousness.
"Oh Nina, please wake up!" Charise's sobbing tone made me feel awful, but I didn't have the strength to do anything; like I was paralyzed.
"She's banged up pretty bad," Ethan observed.
"The water is rushing into the plane fast now; someone bring Nina on the sand before she drowns." Charise said, urgingly. "And somebody else bring these suitcases on shore, as well."
"I'll get the bags later, Char," Ethan said.
Suddenly, somebody scooped me up and grunted. "You're lucky you're light," Evan's murmuring to himself let me know that he was the one carrying me effortlessly in his strong arms. I buried my face in his warm chest, and cracking my right eye open, looked up at him, staring right back at me. He must have seen my eye open because a smile of relief stretched across his face. Evan stopped, spun around smoothly and called out to the others, "She's awake!"
In the distance, I heard Eth and Char sigh, "Oh thank goodness!"
A couple steps later, Evan set me down on the warm, grainy sand gently. I decided to keep my eyes shut and regain my strength. Evan whispered gently to me, "You'll be okay," kissed my forehead, and I heard his footsteps walking away, fading into the background and splashing in the water. I managed to grin as wide as I could.
A couple long minutes later, I had fully regained my strength so I decided to get up and made my way to the plane to rejoin my friends.
"Hey," I said and waved. "Nasty plane crash, eh?"
"I'll say," Evan replied, walking slowly around the plane.
"How long was I out?" I asked, rubbing my head. It hurt so bad; I must have hit it hard.
"About an hour," Charise calculated. "The impact of the crash knocked us all out, but you had it the worst, I think because you were nearest the end of the plane. Just thank God we're all alright, despite our minor casualties."
"Oh, I see. Is Jim okay?" I directed the attention to Ethan, who was examining Jim closely.
Ethan shook his head and pursed his lips. "He's dead.There's no pulse what-so-ever and he's a ghostly white, even though his body is still warm. It was a strike when he hit his head; the plane crash must have just finished him off. Poor guy."
"Well, what are we going to do with him?" Evan asked, staring down at Jim still strapped to the row of seats as the water rushed in and out on his face.
"If we can't find anything to eat tonight, we're gonna have to--"
"Ethan, you sicko!" Charise protested. "I don't know what it's like in England, but here in America -or, wherever we are- that, my English friend, is called cannibalism, which many of us frown upon." She added a bit of dark humor and sarcasm at the statement.
"I am quite aware of that, Charise," Ethan sighed, "But if we get too hungry, it won't sound as bad as it does now."
"Uhh guys," I said with an uneasy tone, looking around at my surroundings. "Where are we, anyway?"

Chapter six is on page 5, post 5!

Last edited by Lyssa45 on 9/7/2009, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/6/2009, 11:29 pm

Oooh! I like that new part. Smile
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by krislia 9/6/2009, 11:32 pm

Surprised
this story is AWESOME!
krislia
krislia
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by warriorcatlover 9/7/2009, 8:58 am

lol, cannibalism. XD. u got that little phrase from charlie and the chocolate factory? XD.
Love this chapter!! keep writing!!! ur doing awesome!!
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2472

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/7/2009, 10:42 am

Thanks you guys! Haha yeah WCL; it just came to me and I was like, "Ohh perfect!" xD
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/7/2009, 11:00 am

Awesome! Yeah, I read that, and was like, "hey... Isn't that from CatCF?" lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/7/2009, 11:40 am

LOL yep! xD Sure is but I'm not quite sure if it was the exact words!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 9/7/2009, 12:35 pm

IDK either, but it's something like that! lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bookworm13196 9/7/2009, 3:22 pm

Oh My GOD LYSSA! IT's AWESOME! I love it so far. PM me when you have more k?
bookworm13196
bookworm13196
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/7/2009, 3:31 pm

That is AMAZING. WRITE. MORE.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/7/2009, 4:41 pm

I'll post the next chapter now!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 Empty Chapter Six

Post by Lyssa45 9/7/2009, 5:44 pm

Chapter Six: Island, Sweet Island
"I have no idea where we are," Ethan replied, grabbing two of the bags submerged in the salty ocean water. "We must have really gone off course!"
"Hey," Char said. "Check your phones and see if they work; maybe we can call for help!"
I looked at my phone with the black, cracked screen. "Mine's completely shot," I sighed.
"The water ruined mine," Evan said, angrily throwing his phone in the water to completely destroy it.
"I forgot to charge my phone," Ethan called from the shore, setting the two bags down on the ground and weakly smiling.
"Mine's dead too," Charise said. "This is just perfect!"
"Even if we did have a phone working; we probably wouldn't get any service and we have no idea where we are!" Ethan brought up a good point. "Look out into the ocean and tell me what you see."
I looked out to the crystal-blue green water. "Just water, Eth," I shrugged.
"Well; this island is probably gonna be our home for a while then."
"Come on you guys," I encouraged. "We need to get into survival mode. None of us are hurt too bad, which is a God-given miracle. But we need to find food, water, shelter, and somebody needs to scope out the island before sundown. Ethan, because you're the strongest and most brave, you can scope out to see if there are any others on the island. Evan's the smartest when it comes to wildlife and science, so I'll go with him to find food and water. Charise, you're the most creative and fast-working, so you can make the fire pit and shelter. If you are in trouble, yell until soembody comes. Got it? We really need to work hard."
Everyone nodded. Ethan started into the thick of the bushes and trees slowly, noting everything around him. Charise stood for a minute thinking, then sprung into work.
"So, where shall we start?" I asked Evan, smiling up at him. Evan glanced around and saw an opening in the woods.
"Over there," he pointed and I followed him to the opening.
"Hey look, a berry bush!" I said, prancing over to the bush and examined the red unusual fruit.
"That's no berry," Evan chuckled. "Look at the stem and the prickly top. These are found on dogwood trees and they have a tangy, sweet juice on the inside. Here, let me try it."
Hesitantly, I gave Evan the ruby-red fruit, tore the top off with his teeth, and began sucking the juice from the orange inside.
"How do you know that's not poisonus, Ev?" I asked with a worried expression.
"I've had these before, Nin. It'd be completely stupid to eat something I wouldn't know about." He smiled, charming me. "You can try these later; we have to go find more food, but gather some of these in your shirt." I did as I was told and gathered as many of the fruit I could.
After about an hour, evan had made me try six different types of plants, all of which he claimed were 'totally safe to eat. Trust me, Nina.'
Now, we were emerging out of the bushes to check on Charise. I unloaded the food we found on the sandy ground. "Char?" I called to Charise, amazed at the work she had done.
Charise came out of one of the two wood and sand-crafted 'huts'.
"Do you like it?" Char smiled, "I also made a fire pit for cooking things for dinner and breakfast. Fish would be ideal to cook."
"This is amazing!" Evan said, astonished at the hard work put into the shelter. "I'll live like a king!"

Just then, deep into the jungle, came a low, loud screeching cry.

Chapter Seven is on Page 6, Post 4!

Last edited by Lyssa45 on 9/20/2009, 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/10/2009, 6:52 am

OMG. xD Cliffhanger! Nasty you.

Awesome job, anyway. xD You used my favorite quote! The Charlie one.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 1312Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 2412Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 3349Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 3548Stranded (Chapter Eight added) - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/10/2009, 7:35 pm

Yesh, nasty me. LOL oh yeah! I like that quote! Very Happy
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/11/2009, 9:45 am

Ya, it's just so fun to say! x3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by warriorcatlover 9/11/2009, 6:13 pm

Love the cliffhanger!!
That ending reminds me of a ghost story i made up just to scare my friend to death for fun. XD

Keep on writing!!! Ur doing awesome!! Very Happy
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2472

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/11/2009, 7:12 pm

Haha really? Cool! xD I've been so busy lately; but I promise sometime this weekend I'll add more!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next