The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!)

+4
Lyssa45
shadowsowner888
rattyjol
Arianna
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!)

Post by rattyjol 10/17/2009, 11:49 am

Awesome! Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!)

Post by Arianna 10/17/2009, 12:08 pm

Thanks Smile I'm going to put another chapter up in a few minutes.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/17/2009, 12:25 pm

4 – Dreams
I woke up with a start, hypnotized by my dream. I wondered what the dream meant, but I didn’t bother to question it more. Picking up the book, and setting it on the shelf, I rubbed my eyes and told myself to forget about the dream for now. As I walked down the stairs to the dinner table, from which a delicious smell was coming, I wondered why I’d had this dream, and why I had it now. I wondered if I could really do something like this, for the most of the time I was wondering. I thought it would be cool, to eliminate a tsunami like that. I then remembered the consequences again, thinking about what could have been next in my dream. Could there have been an earthquake? How about a sudden epidemic in the sea crabs? What if the sea’s waves just naturally were to become rougher after that, not allowing little kids to play in them and have fun? I tramped down the stairs, my thoughts in tow.
“What’s bothering you?” mom asked, startled by how silent I’d been during dinner, in which I had not said a word as the result of my obsessive musings.
“I had a dream” I said, not wanting to go any further.
“About what?” she inquired, being, as she usually was, curious.
“Well, you see, I was at a beach, and there was this giant wave, a tsunami coming” I started “and I couldn’t move or talk or run. I saw everyone being scared and trying to run away from it, but the wave was just faster than them. Then I closed my eyes, and I changed it. It worked then, and everyone was happy. Then I woke up, because you called me to dinner.” I said, finishing the recount of my dream.
“Interesting,” mom said, confused “very interesting indeed.”
Two weeks at Grandma Bianka May’s house would be nice, I thought. There was no better way to spend the spring break than with family. Thankfully, we hadn’t been given too much homework. We’d only been given geography homework, a math project, and a book to read for English, all of which seemed pretty easy, luckily. I’d probably spend a lot of my time sitting at my laptop, surfing the web and chatting with Karen and a few other friends who were either staying at home or somewhere with easy internet access. I’d also spend a lot of time reading, and maybe drawing the breathtaking nature that you would always see around Grandma Bianka May’s house. Her house was a big house, surprisingly. Though she was the only one who lived there, it could easily accommodate mom, dad, Catherine, Zach, Aunt Patricia Ann, Caleb, Miriam, her fiancĂ©e, Dennis, and me. That was 10 people, not including Bianka May. She did have some money saved up, mainly because she could live so long, so all was well.
Karen was going to take care of Cara for the two weeks that we were gone, and I’d dropped her off at her house, along with some of her favorite toys and some cat food. She knew Karen, so she wasn’t unhappy that she had to go to her house for two weeks. She purred and I stroked her, then I ran off to our house to get ready for our flight which was to leave soon.
As I packed my suitcase, I couldn’t wait to see what we’d be doing for spring break. I anticipated some hikes, and maybe a few trips down the rocky gravel road down to the convenience store in the town. I assumed that mom would be cooking most nights, but I also thought that Bianka May would be, too, because she was a wonderful cook, especially when it came to old recipes. I packed everything, making sure that I had enough of each thing. I packed some of my favorite books, and made sure that they wouldn’t get bent, and were in the outside pocket of my carry on suitcase, just in case I got bored on the short flight to her. I packed a pencil case, filled with an assortment of colored pencils, markers, and even some crayons, just in case Zach broke or lost all of them, as he had done the last summer, and the one before that.
Giggling about his gift, namely the one which allowed him to destroy crayons, I looked around for other things to pack. Suddenly I knew I was missing something, the something being my notebook. It was a used, tattered notebook, but it had hardly anything in it from the fact that every time I wrote something that I didn’t like, I would rip the paper out. It was spiral bound, and had a dark blue cover, on which all that said on it was my name and, on the inside of the cover, my address. It had three parts, one for lined paper, one for squared paper, and one for blank paper, and all of them had been well used. Many of the pages had been already half destroyed, and lots had little scribbles in the margin. Right now, all that was in the notebook which hadn’t been ripped out was a recipe for brownies, a shopping list, namely the one for the brownies, and a letter to a pen pal which I had obviously forgotten. Oops, I thought to myself, though I knew that because of the boring nature of pen pal writing, it’s hard to have a pen pal for more than 2 weeks. Taking the notebook and throwing it into my bag, I walked over to my closet, where I started packing clothes for the trip.
I made sure that I got lots and lots of jeans, but I made sure that they were comfortable. I also chose a pair of sweat pants, for the days where I really didn’t want to get out of bed. I got some t-shirts, mostly simple, one colored ones, but also some t-shirts with silly sayings or logos. I packed a fuzzy purple sweater, and a black coat, along with a bright yellow raincoat, because in the mountains where Grandma Bianka May lived, it could become very, very, cold. I chose some PJs, one dark blue with stars, clouds, and crescent moons on it, a two piece, and one short and t-shirt set, the shorts which were bright blue and the t-shirt which had an internet smiley on it. The last PJs I took were ones that Bianka May sewed for me, with small teddy bears all over them and a big patchwork heart in the middle of the shirt. It was really sweet because it was homemade, and I knew that it would brighten up her day if she saw me wearing it. I also brought tons of socks and underwear, because I preferred that they weren’t washed with everyone else’s clothes. I didn’t pack too much, because I knew there was a washing machine, and that I could also take a one hour drive to the nearest city, where there was a clothing store.
Carefully then, I packed the book on the weather, one of my most prized items. I wondered if it would help me at all on the holiday. Probably not, but it was still interesting reading material which I enjoyed looking at. Stroking the cover, dust flew into my eyes like usual. It was weird, because no matter how many times I wiped it, it always seemed to manage to attract more and more dust, thus making me need to sneeze. I put the book in between two t-shirts, and made sure that there was no chance it could be ripped, mutilated, or otherwise destroyed, and then yawned at how tired I was.
Right after that, I packed my toiletries case. Toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, floss, mouthwash, ponytail grabbers and an assortment of random things were packed in the case. It was pink with blue spots, and matched with the towels that I was bringing. Lastly, I packed my stuffed animal, which was a bear, Cuddles. I’d had him since I was three years old, when I got him at the zoo. He was obviously very old, and he also looked tattered and bruised, especially from the one time, in fifth grade, when Cecilia had ripped off one of his arms, and then Charlene had ripped off the next, leaving me crying at my armless teddy. Thankfully mom managed to sew his arms on again, but they looked old and worn, and the stuffing inside them had clumped together, making him have boxer-glove like hands and arms like sticks. I still loved the little teddy bear, though, and I packed him in my suitcase along with my few clothes, smiling as I closed the top of the suitcase and zipped it closed.
Bored, I walked over into Zach’s room, where he was sitting on the floor, playing with Lego, while mom, who was very organized, was just zipping up his bag for our flight for which we had to leave in an hour.
“How’s it going?” I said, not really expecting anything else from what I heard.
“Fine, we just finished packing everything that Zach needed. How about you go see how Cathy is doing? She might need some help.”
Rolling my eyes because mom had decided to start calling her Cathy instead of Cathleen, I responded. “Yeah, sure,” I went across the hallway to her room.
Cathleen was in the middle of packing chaos, throwing everything she possessed on her bed and on her desk, which still speaking to two of her friends over speaker phone.
“Should I bring the green top or the pink one?” she would ask to which one would reply
“Which green one? Is it the one with the fruits on it or the one which is really dark?”
Shaking her head and rolling her eyes, she’d reply “Neither of those, don’t you two get it? I’m talking about the bright green one, the one with the pink sunglasses on it with ‘Fun in the Sun’ under it.”
I approached her, hearing her friend give some response about how that shirt was “totally out” and that she should wear the pink one instead. “Cathleen?” I said, eyeing the clothes strewn all over while raising my eyebrows “Why does it really matter what you’re going to be wearing. For goodness sake, we’re going to a place in the mountains. There probably isn’t anyone within your age range for miles there, you know?”
”Why are you so ignorant?” Cathleen asked. “It’s all about what you wear, silly.”
Sometimes I liked Cathleen, when she acted like a normal sister, but not when she acted like a stuck up brat like most of her friends. “Anyway” I said, stretching the word, just to annoy her “I came in here to help you.”
“Okay.” She said, scanning the mess that she called her room “You can sort out my make-up for me, if you like. Just sort it by color and by type, nothing more. I’ll choose the best ones later.”
Sighing, I made my way over to her desk, which doubled as her make-up table. I picked her clothes which were strewn across it and plopped them on her bed, and got out her mess of make-up. Slowly, I began to sort them by type, meaning what it was, nail polish, eyeliner, mascara, blush, or lipstick, and color, which I promptly arranged into little rainbows on her table. Smiling, because I was done, I interrupted her still boring clothes disaster to say that I’d sorted them and was going out of the room.
Dad was downstairs, getting the car set up for the airport. I breathed in the crisp night air, looking at the darkness, which was happening because it was just before 11 PM. “What time will we be going?” I asked, hoping the answer would be something to the like of soon; I was getting bored.
Thankfully enough, it was. “We’ll go more soon ask Cathy can sort out her ‘clothes crisis’, we’re all ready other than that” he said, motioning towards the fully packed bags in the back of the car.
Just then, Cathleen came down, her two bags in tow. “My bags are packed, dad” she said, sighing in exaggerated relief when she noticed that there was still some space. “Mom!” she yelled “Zach! We’re ready now, come down!”
Mom walked downstairs, carrying Zach and her carry on. “You don’t need to be so rude, Cathleen.” She said, using her full name as a sign that she was disappointed with her behavior “We’re going to get there on time.” As she plopped Zach in his car seat, in which he promptly fell asleep in, you could almost see the mental checklist she was doing in her head. Suddenly, she ran into the house, only to emerge with a flash-light. “You never know.” She said, optimistically, and jumped into her seat. Dad started the engine and we started off to the airport.
By the time we got to the airport, Cathleen was asleep, probably because of all of the effort she’d put into packing clothes for the trip, and I was already drifting off, half awake, half asleep, the proportionately larger part of me being asleep.
“Time to wake up, sleepy heads!” he said, just loud enough to wake Cathleen and me, but not to wake Zach, who was snoring.
“I don’t want to wake up” Cathleen yawned “I need my beauty sleep.” I rolled my eyes. It was so typical Cathleen, wanting to get ‘beauty sleep’ when we were basically getting on a plane to a place where the only living people were our aunts, uncles, and grandma. I got out of the car, slamming the door.
“Quiet! You don’t want Zach to wake up, do you?” my mom said, eyeing me as she tried to make sure Zach didn’t wake up.
As we rolled our baggage to the airport terminal, I looked up at the starry sky, which was bleached by the city lights from cars and houses. I didn’t remember what it looked like at Grandma Bianka May’s house, but I reminded myself to look when we got there.
The flight was very long, and we all fell asleep sometime on it, everyone except for Zach, who, like any two year old, wanted to stay up the whole time, and threw a screaming fit when we wouldn’t unbuckle him so he could look the seatbelt sign during turbulence. I wondered why he wanted to see the sign so much, because it was just a little light in the form of a seatbelt. However, for him, it seemed to be the most interesting thing in the airplane.
Most of the time when I was awake, I was looking out of the window at the broad forests we were gliding over. They looked so green and so thick, which made them fantastically pretty, a sea of dark green. However, I knew that they were also places to get lost in, to get attacked by bears in, and to be conquered by forest fires in. They were dangerous, yet pretty. I wondered it we’d be going in the woods much on our vacation. As my random train of thought continued like it always did, I thought about many things, from back home, Karen and Vanessa, school, to how it would be on the holiday, but mostly on the weather. High up in the clouds, there was no particular weather. It was just starting to get bright at 5 AM, and I could see, if I squinted, the sun, cheerfully peeking out behind brightening clouds. It was orange, and it lit the sky up like a ball of fire, which it was, and its rays shone everywhere.
It was lovely looking down at the land for periods at a time; looking straight ahead and seeing everything go up a shade of brightness. The clouds, now almost completely white, were pretty, yet they obscured my view of the land. Staring out at them, my thoughts went down the path of changing the weather, following the pattern of the fact that these thoughts had been occurring more and more. I wondered why this was happening, but I easily passed it off because of my ability, which hadn’t been around that long. Happily, I drifted off to sleep on the plane.

Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 10/18/2009, 8:24 pm

Wow, I can't wait to write my fanfiction! xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 Siggy
Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 SiggyInside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 Siggy
Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 SiggyInside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 10/25/2009, 8:55 pm

More please? xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Inside the Rainclouds, a published story by Arianna (added chapter 5 and 6!) - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/26/2009, 2:08 am

Sorry, coming right up. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/26/2009, 4:08 am

5 – Change
Again, I had a dream. This time, I was in a different situation, though. I was standing on a field filled with corn, wheat, and grapes, all organized into structured rows. I could see kids in the part closest to me, the part with grapes. Looking on, I noticed that there was a gigantic field of wild sunflowers after this, basking in the sun. The kids were plucking grapes from the vines into twined baskets, laughing, and telling jokes. There were men in the wheat fields, with big, yellow tractors, harvesting the wheat. It was autumn, I noticed, and the leaves of the plants all around were orange and red, though some had fallen to the ground and became grey. In the distance, I saw a red farm house with a black rooftop. I could, if I focused really hard, make out many people, and noticed it was some kind of restaurant.
Suddenly the atmosphere changed. The light breeze which I’d been unconsciously feeling on my face suddenly was howling around it, making my cheeks sting and my eyes water. I could feel the leaves scratching at my ankles, whizzing past from the strong wind. Looking up, I first saw the eerie, almost black, clouds, and then, more amazingly, a gigantic grey funnel. Not surprisingly, everyone was either running for cover or frozen. A few kids just stood where they had been picking the grapes, not moving a muscle, too scared by the gigantic, windy column which towered from the sky in front of them.
Closing my eyes, I did the same thing I had in the last dream. I imagined the warm, autumn breeze, and the red leaves. I remembered how they would flake if you pressed them together, and imagined that I had them in between my fingers. I tried to remember the smell of autumn, the leafy and woody smell of the harvesting season. I imagined the children I had seen before continuing with the plucking of berries and grapes, and I imagined the stillness of the air you would usually feel on a warm, neither a hot nor a cold, autumn day. I imagined that I was inhaling the soft air of autumn, hearing the buzzing of the life around me on a day where the autumn days were measured, and every little animal was storing food or eating frantically, trying to fill themselves up for winter. As I opened my eyes, the scene had changed. It was just as I had imagined it. Just as I inhaled the air, I was woken up by the call of “Please close your trays and return your seats to the upright position for landing” and the feel of my mother’s hand shaking my shoulder, telling me to wake up and get ready to get off the plane.
“I don’t want to wake up.” I said groggily. “What time is it?” Mom looked at her watch “6 AM” she said “You slept for about half an hour.” I grimaced. “Another dream?” she asked, careful not to let anyone else on the plane overhear us. “Yes” I sighed. We got off the plane, and, though we were all groggy and grumpy from the flight, we proceeded to get our bags. Cathleen found her bag and immediately got makeup out of it, and when mom and dad found theirs, they got the map out. As we walked over to the rent a car station, I wondered why I’d had yet another dream about changing the weather. I was too tired though, and I decided to leave the thinking to when I woke up, which I assumed would probably be around 3PM that day.
In the car we’d rented, I fell asleep. I didn’t have a dream this time, thankfully. When I woke up, which was probably around 20 minutes later; I yawned and checked my watch. “7:30 AM?” I said to myself, yawning again. I stayed awake after that, scared to have another dream, especially because in this situation it was likely to be cut off. I talked with mom, who was in the front, about my dreams. She was sketching random things on a notebook tablet, but still listening to me. “I don’t know, sweetie. Your dreams are sort of weird, I must agree. I’m sure it’s just a phase.” She said, while continuing her drawing. “Maybe you should just be getting more sleep overall, that could help,” she said, trying to suggest something. “Thanks” I said in a monotone voice, not completely sure that it would actually work. Actually, I was pretty sure it wouldn’t work. I was getting enough sleep as it was, but I guessed trying wouldn’t hurt.
Just at this time, Cathleen woke up. She had been sleeping, and looked really tired. Yawning, she asked “When we will we be there?” “In a few minutes,” dad replied, still staring out the front windshield, looking at the road, which was illuminated by the early morning sun. I was tired, but I was happy that we’d be getting there soon. Cathleen looked at her watch, “So we’ll be there at like 8?” she said. “Yep!” said dad, probably very eager to get some sleep after everything. Mom continued sketching, and Cathleen went on to look at a fashion magazine filled with skinny models and eccentric clothes. I stared out of the window. The sun was shining in an orange gold color, making the grayish black road look like honey. The fields which we were driving by were filled with wheat, but they were slowly changing to dark green evergreen trees, a thick forest of them. I wondered when Zach would wake up, but I didn’t have to long to wonder because he woke up the second that I had that thought, accompanying himself with screams of “I want to go to Grandma’s house!” and “When are we there?”, somehow hoping that if he screamed we’d be there quicker. The road, which had changed from a stick straight line to a windy, snake-like path, was now bumpy and you could feel the gravel jolting the car up and down, which made Zach sick. Thankfully, he didn’t need to puke, but we heard his complaining the whole way there. “Can’t you just stop, Zach? We’ll be there soon enough, so stop blasting out our ear drums.” Cathleen said, sighing exasperatedly. She’d stopped looking at the magazine, for what I suspected was the fact that she was also car sick, and had two shiny white earphones stuck in her ears, and was humming along to a popular pop song, sometimes mouthing the words, and playing a little game on her i-pod. I wondered why she even bothered, because everything seemed to be drowned out by Zach’s annoying pleas to “go faster so we can see them soon!” As 8 o’ clock approached, Zach quieted down as dad told him that we were getting near Grandma’s house. “Yippee!” he said, obviously happy to see his grandma. He’d seen her when she came over for the last Christmas holiday, but nothing other than that. He was very eager to meet her again, and also his aunts and uncles, especially Caleb, because he had overheard about his “cool job”. Cathleen looked at Zach, smiling because he’d quieted down, and turned the volume on her i-pod down, staring intently at the screen. All I could guess was that she was watching a music video.
Just at 8, dad announced that we were there. “We’re here! Come on everyone, let’s get out!” he said overenthusiastically, stopping the car on the driveway and looking up to the big house in front of us. The house was a very pretty house, made out of wood, almost completely, except for the roof, which was made out of green tiles. The reddish wood made a nice big porch in front of the house, giving it a homely look. It had elegant windows in front of it, which had red curtains in them. You could see, though the windows, that the house was nice, and homely yet modern, with lots of stone inside, which blended seamlessly with the stainless steel in some places. As dad unbuckled Zach, who was literally jumping up and down because of his excitement, Cathleen and I got out of the car, slamming our doors behind us, though they made hardly any sound because we were so tired. Yawning, we made our way to the back of the car, where mom had already gotten all of our bags out and had preceded to the door, on which she rung the little gold button for the doorbell.
“Hello!” said Grandma Bianka May. She looked just as she had every other year, like a grandma, yet still young. She happily helped us pull the bags into her house, and asked us “How are you all? You must be so tired” in that grandma-like way that makes you feel happy, hustling us inside. She helped us pull our big duffel bags up and into our rooms, one for me and Cathleen, with two single beds, and one for dad, mom, and Zach, with a double bed and a single bed, though it was quite obvious that Zach wouldn’t be sleeping there, if he actually managed to sleep at all. She told us that the rest of the family was downstairs, if we wanted to say hi, but she understood when I said I just wanted to stay and sleep.

6 – Morning

After sleeping for a long time, I woke up. Turning to the side, I looked at my travel clock which I’d put on my bedside table. 3PM, it said. My, had I slept a long time. I wondered why no one had woken me up. They knew I’d be awake all night then. I yawned, getting out of the bed and rubbing my eyes. Then again, I might not be awake the whole night with how tired I was. I brushed my hair and washed my face, and then went out onto the landing and looked downstairs to the living room. Everyone was down there, talking and chatting. Mom saw me and motioned me over, pointing me out to Aunt Patricia, with whom she was talking with. She smiled and waved, and asked me to come downstairs. Still tired, I trotted down the stairs to say hello to everyone. “Hey” I said, horribly tired but slowly becoming more awake “How are you all?” Aunt Patricia came over and gave me a hug, and said she was pleased to see me. I nodded thanks, and went over to Uncle Caleb. He was in the middle of a very thick book, being antisocial. “Hey, how are you, Uncle Caleb?” I said, still groggy from waking up. “I’m fine” he replied, temporarily taking his eyes off his book to greet me, “You look tired. I can imagine. Air travel always makes you feel horribly sleepy, even if the jet lag is around. What, could it be 2 whole hours?” he said, laughing at his not so funny sense of humor. I laughed with him, and when I saw his eyes return to his book I went over to Aunt Miriam. Aunt Miriam was in the kitchen, making some delicious brownies. “Can I have one?” I asked, snatching one before she could reply and stuffing it in my mouth. “It’s too late for that, I believe” she said, watching as I chewed my whole brownie in one bite “It’s so great to see you again! The last time I saw you, you were 8 years old, remember?” I remembered that. She had come to our house one time when I was 8, and it was great fun. You could, however, still see the sadness she had in her eyes from the fact she couldn’t use her gift, at all. It must have been especially hard for her right now, with almost all of us having a gift. I smiled and left the room, taking another brownie to give to Zach, who I knew would feel honored to get one before the batch came out to the rest of the people. “Here you go, Zach” I said, handing him the brownie. “Thanks. It’s yummy.” He said, and continued playing with one of the Lego sets which we had brought on the trip with us, making a car out of multicolored blocks.
I sat down with the family, plopping onto the sofa and smiling. Spring break, I thought happily. That meant that for 2 whole weeks there was no school, and just relaxing and talking with my friends and family. After a bit of talking with the others, I got bored. Cathleen was already upstairs talking on her cell-phone, in a group chat about her and others’ crushes. I opened my suitcase, fishing though books and clothing for my laptop. I placed the laptop on the bed; sitting on the pillow with my legs crossed, and opened it up. I pressed the on button under the screen, and it came to life, with the familiar tone laptops always have. I drummed my fingers as I waited for it to load, and traced patterns in the ceiling. Finally it started up, displaying a custom tailored message to welcome me. I smiled and opened the Wi-Fi settings, scanning for Grandma Bianka May’s internet. I found it “BiankaMay1” and connected using the password that she’d given me when I was downstairs. I opened the browser, watching the little circles in the tabs turn around to show the windows were loading. In the mountains, the internet connection was slow, but it came up quicker than usual, which was nice.
Opening my e-mail browser, I clicked on the chat button when I saw that Karen was online. “Hey!” I typed “How are you today?”
Karen promptly replied “Fine, thanks. Utterly bored, but I’m having a good time. How are you? Did the trip go well?” I thought about it for a moment, pondering on if I should tell her about my dream. I decided not to, because I had no idea who could read our conversation, or if anyone was with her.
“I’m fine” I typed quickly, my fingers flying across the keys “We got here at like 8AM, but I was tired. I just woke up an hour ago. The trip went well, except for the fact that Zach was awake the WHOLE time, and that really bugged us.” I hadn’t said anything false, so I was good.
“Well, I’ve got to go” a message from her popped up “Kyle is at the door, and he wants to know if we want to go watch a movie!”
Smiling, I typed in my response “OK, great. Have fun at the movies. BTW, what are you watching?” I didn’t expect her to respond, but she did.
“We’re watching some film about a superhero or something.” You could almost see her rolling her eyes. “It’s supposed to be good, I hear.” I guessed that I wasn’t to argue, and typed
“Bye! TTYL!” and waited for her response to go and check my email “Bye-bye! Talk to you later! –Karen <3”
I then checked my e-mail. I was right not to await anything, because my inbox was completely empty. I decided to check the news. Clicking on the homepage button with my mouse, I saw the headlines. “23 Killed, 36 hurt in military bombing” and “Sunken ship in the Atlantic kills suspected 400; error or crime?” Things like these were so depressing, not one ounce of good news made me sad.
I scrolled down the page to the weather forecast, and double clicked to see it for the next week. Tomorrow was going to be sunny, but the next days were suspected to be cloudy and rainy. Lucky me! I thought, rolling my eyes. It didn’t actually matter, because if we really needed the weather to change, I could change it. I clicked around the web, reading a few of my favorite blogs and playing a few online games.
I then googled “changing the weather”. 314 million pages. I sighed, wondering if I’d find anything remotely useful in any of them. Sadly, after 10 minutes of clicking page after page and around 500 pop up ads later, I’d found nothing. I’d be relying on my book again, I thought.
Just then, mom called us down to dinner. Grandma Bianka May had cooked, and we had everything, from casserole to homemade pizza. I took some of the pizza, and poured myself a glass of water. The conversation around the table was focused on what we’d be doing during the break. Caleb suggested that we take some walks in the woods, maybe look out for some birds or other wildlife. Mom seconded that, but also suggested that we camped out for a few days, just so we wouldn’t have such a nature deprived holiday. I said I didn’t care what we did, as long as it was fun, because I knew I’d be dragged along to whatever the others were doing anyway, no matter whether I liked it or not.
Dad suggested that we go swimming in a nearby lake, but Cathleen said it was too cold, and was for making at least two trips to the town, both in which she would be able to shop. All Zach cared about was if he could play with his Lego, crayons, and toy cars, so he just went on eating messily. Aunt Patricia Ann wanted to make sure that both Cathleen and I learnt how to cook some recipes that she wanted to teach us, and we reluctantly agreed. Bianka May just sat there, smiling and socializing, happy that her family had all come to her house for spring break.
That night, I went to bed early, even though it turned out that I was completely awake because of my nap earlier. After chatting a bit with Karen, who was online a bit, and checking the one new email I’d gotten, spam, nevertheless, I went to bed. The beds in Bianka May’s house were soft and big, even thought they were single beds, and I fell asleep easily with no cars driving by. That night, I had a dream again.
It was sunny, nothing was happening. I didn’t know where I was, but I assumed that I was in some kind of woods. Suddenly I remembered! The woods outside Grandma Bianka May’s house! Why was I here? I unconsciously asked myself, looking around. There were trees all around me, and if I looked up, the bright light from the sun shone down on me, illuminating my clothes, my hair, and the fallen pine needles which were resting on the floor of the forest.
A bird flew over me, flapping its wings slowly and gracefully, and landed it a nest on a tree not too far away from me. It was a blue bird, with its yellow beak and its white and red belly. It chirped, probably bringing whatever it was holding, which I assumed was a worm or a caterpillar, to its young. I felt wind in my face, like both of my last dreams; only here it was the fresh mountain wind. It smelled like pine needles and soil, and when I looked down, soft petals of baby flowers were dancing in the wind, trying not to be ripped out though the wind was so unbelievably soft. I could hear, somewhere in the background, the soft trickling of a stream. I felt myself wondering if there were any deer there, or if there were beavers in the creek. I let my mind wander, just investigating the scene, for this time my feet could move, as could my hands. I walked over to the tree, where the blue bird was, and looked up cautiously. I saw the little birds, and the looked so peaceful, so pretty, the dark green evergreens surrounding the nest.
Suddenly, from behind me, I heard a loud cracking sound, like a person had stepped on a dead branch. Whirling around, I thought I saw a glimpse of a person, but when I focused intently on the spot where I imagined that person was there was not a movement. Carefully, I walked over to where I had heard and seen this person. Was my mind playing tricks on me? What was happening? Questions whizzed through my head, as I heard a soft rustling form where I was. I heard leaves bend, and I heard footsteps on the ground, but as I focused, nothing was there.
Scared, I looked to the right, then to the left. No one was in sight. Breathing heavily, I tried to see which way it was back to the house, but I was lost. Falling to the ground, I wondered who was there, what they wanted, why they were in the forest. I wondered why I was in the forest, for I didn’t remember. Those thoughts didn’t occupy me for a long time, though, because with a horrible start, I woke up, almost screaming.
Cathleen woke up, yawning and rubbing her eyes. “What’s wrong with you? Why are you up?” I looked over at her, as she turned the lamp on one of the bedside table on.
“I had a dream.” I said, not really wanting to share “I had a bad dream.”
“Seriously, Kailee, you’re too old to have nightmares. Go back to sleep, it’s too early.” I was happy that she didn’t dig further, yet also sad because she didn’t really care that much about me. Looking at the clock, I saw it was around midnight. I yawned, and turned the lamp off, pulling my covers over me so I could sleep.
I didn’t dream again, and I was happy about it too. The dreams were getting weirder and weirder. I wondered if they were telling me something, probably to use my gift. I slept like a log, not thinking about the slightest thing, just breathing in and out, in and out, again and again, and getting rest.
I was awoken at around 8 in the morning with a start. “Kailee, come help us! Kailee, come down now, we need your help!” mom was calling in an urgent voice. Yawning, I got into my soft pink slippers and trudged down the stairs, quickening as the calls got more and more urgent. “
What’s the problem, you guys?” I asked, watching as everyone was searching everywhere for something “What happened?”
Mom, who was frantically pacing around the kitchen, came to me “Grandma Bianka May is gone. We can’t find her anywhere!” I tried breathing in and out, but my breaths just came quicker and more frantically.
“Gone?” I asked, imitating the pacing my mother was doing “Where ‘gone’?” Did you search outside? Did you look in the garden? Is the car gone? Why is she gone?” Mom continued to pace around, sweating like crazy.
“We just don’t know where she went, Kailee. She’s gone!”
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/26/2009, 2:39 pm

Omg, I love it! Where did there grandma go? Please let her be ok!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/26/2009, 2:44 pm

I can't promise that. xP
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/26/2009, 3:52 pm

NOOOOOOO!!!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/26/2009, 4:06 pm

Sorry, the novel's already written. xP
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 10/28/2009, 6:29 pm

Love your book so far! I will look into getting it on amazon!
Phoenix
Phoenix
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/29/2009, 3:55 am

Thanks Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2