The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post!

+3
shadowsowner888
rattyjol
SomeoneSpeical08
7 posters

Go down

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! Empty Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post!

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 9/29/2009, 8:43 pm

Well, here's something that started out a simple freewrite xD
Maturity: Eh, well, I guess suitable for 10 and up. A little gore in the future, maybe some hand holding.
Fantasy: Though I believe they're real, ghosts

[Posts:
1st/1st page - First part
3rd/1st page - Second part ]

Reverse This Curse

"Step, step, step, step, step..." I heard my older sister saying and giggling as she walked up the stairs to find me.
"Lulu! The clowns are here!" I said in my ever so childish voice as I peered out my bedroom window.
Lillian (Lulu) ran up behind me and looked out the window. "I don't see anything, kiddo," she shrugged, tickling my side once. She always told me she loved my little giggles.
"Yeah, huh," I nodded, pointing outside at the clown that I had seen. He smiled right back up at me, and waved once. With a light chuckle, I waved back.
Lillian gave me a weird look and picked me up, hoisting me up onto her shoulders. "Come on, kiddo. We need to plan your birthday party."
"I don't want a party this year," I said, shaking my head in dissaproval. Barely anyone had come to my party last year, so what were the odds of anyone coming this year. "Mommy's just makin' a big deal out of it because I'm turning five," I told her, running my little fingers through her silky, strawberry blonde hair. She had Daddy's hair color, and I had Mommy's; a simple dull brown. Luckily we both had Daddy's eyes, which I thought were the most awesome eyes in the entire world; one brown, one green. He had said it was part of our heritage, but I didn't know what that meant.
"There's my li'l angel!" Mommy grinned, watching me as Lillian sat me down on the tile floor.
"Who's the lady, Mommy?" I asked, pointing to the little old lady behind her. The old lady gave me a nearly toothless grin.
Mommy slowly turned her head, shrugged, then shook her head at me. "There's no one there, Roo."
My nickname was Roo. It didn't make much sense to me, other than that my name started with an "R". Raysa.
I looked again, making sure I really saw her. Oddly enough, she was gone, not even leaving a trace that she had been there in the first place.
Mommy grumbled something unintelligent and wrote something on her hand with her pen.
"Okay, Roo. Birthday party. Any plans?" she said, trying to smile like it was nothing.
"None. I don't want one," I replied flatly, and ran back upstairs.
When I reached the top of the stairs, I noticed a small boy, about my age, sitting on my bed, swinging his legs over the edge. I walked in and got a better look at him. He looked like a kid that had been in my pre-k class, though his name escapes me.
"May I help you?" I asked him quietly so Mommy and Lillian wouldn't hear.
He slowly looked up at me, his pale blue eyes shining in the light from the sun. "Yes," he nodded, sliding off the bed. He stood up straight and took a deep breath. "I want to live again."
His words came a little sharp, and I could see in the mirror behind him that only my reflection shone, my eyes huge. From what emotion? Surprise, shock, fear. I wasn't totally sure. It didn't feel right though.
I stared at the mirror for what seemed like eternity. I wanted his image to appear, just to let me know he was real.
"So, can you help me?" he glared, apparently angry I wasn't answering.
"I-I don't k-know," I stammered. I closed my eyes, hoping this wasn't real and convinced myself I had to wake up. I quickly opened my eyes again to see that, yes, it was real.
He was now staring at his feet. "I have a hole in my sock..." he muttered, sticking his big toe out of it. He peered up to see me looking and stepped on his own foot, somewhat embarrased by the way he fiddled his fingers.
"I-I'm Raysa," I stuttered once again. "But you can call me Roo."
"I'm Robert," he nodded. "But you can call me Robin. So, about me que---"
"Roo!" Daddy called. "Where's my little Roo?" he laughed. I could now hear his footsteps on the stairs.
"I-I got to go," I told him, but he was already gone.
"Who you talkin' to?" Daddy asked, picking me up from behind.
"No one," I answered, just a little too quickly.

Last edited by SomeoneSpeical08 on 10/2/2009, 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 187

Back to top Go down

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! Empty Re: Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post!

Post by rattyjol 9/29/2009, 8:47 pm

Well... You already know what I think of this. So... yeah. But it's still awesome. cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! Empty Re: Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post!

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 9/29/2009, 8:49 pm

Daddy took the steps slowly, not wanting me to bump my head on the ceiling above me. When we got to the bottom, he let me slide off onto the floor. He smiled and went into the kitchen to greet Lillian.
I stared out the door at a person sitting on the porch steps.
"Daddy, did you bring a student home or something?" I asked, my eyes focused on the girl.
Daddy looked out of the kitchen at me, then to the porch and shook his head. "No..." he said, with an odd shake of his head.
I nodded, figuring it was just my imagination for the umpteenth time today and walked outside. "I'm gonna go play at Angie's," I yelled inside before shutting the door.
My parents didn't care when I left. I was only going to the neighbor girl's house. And they knew Angela was a very sweet girl.
I stopped behind the girl on the steps and tapped her shoulder. "Excuse me, I need past," I whispered.
She looked to me, showing me not only a pretty face, but a scarred face. She nodded, and turned away, scooting over for me to get through.
I bit my lip and cautiously slid past her.
How weird, for me to imagine weird people like that. I never knew it possible for me...
~*~
"Roo Ella!" Angela smiled, throwing in my middle name like she always did. It sounded a lot like 'Cruella' to me, but I didn't say anything.
"How are you today, Angie?" I grinned, giving her a light kiss on the cheek.
"Oh, I'm good," she nodded. "Just getting ready for school to start. Fourth grade this year, I'm excited. Almost top of elementary school." She winked, and I let her babble on about what she'd heard on the news, the new tricks her pets learned, and anything else that came to her mind.
"Hey, Angie... I have a question," I said, wanting to bring up what I'd been seeing to someone. I motioned for her to follow me to her clubhouse. "Privately," I mouthed, noticing her questioning expression.
I crawled up the ladder and threw myself onto one of the beanbags, then watched her do the same.
"All day, I've been imagining up people. And Mommy and Lulu and Daddy haven't seen them." I told her about the four most recent ones, but didn't tell her what the little boy had said to me.
She scratched her head, 'putting on her thinking cap' as she called it.
"Ever consider..." she trailed off, apparently thinking I was too young to hear what she wanted to say. She was sweet to me, but she also treated me like any other kid. I wanted her to realize I was smarter than the rest of them.
"Go on," I urged, wanting to hear.
"No, it's nothing. It couldn't be it. I've watched too many scary movies."
"It's probably as scary as 'Scooby Doo' now please tell me," I whined.
She rolled her eyes, grinned, and went on. "Well, you won't like it, but it could be ghosts. Or not. You never know. Not like people can see 'em. It's probably your imagination like you said anyway. Nothing bad."
I wanted to tell her that was what I thought too, but I heard Lillian yelling for me.
"Ta ta for now," I saluted, bouncing to my feet and leaving.
~*~
"Please, God, give me an answer or two to what I have been seeing. I don't understand, but if it is bad, please give me some good fortune. Angie too, she's starting to catch a cold. Let Daddy and Mommy be safe at work. Help Lulu with her yardsale tomorrow, too. She's saving up for roller skates. Amen," I prayed in a whisper, kneeling beside my bed. I never usually did, but I felt a strange need to tonight.
I turned off my nightlight and hopped into bed. For a while I stared up at the ceiling, reviewing my day.
Slowly, I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

Last edited by SomeoneSpeical08 on 10/2/2009, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/30/2009, 4:10 pm

Haha, I love this. xD It's a serious story, but at the same time, so random how she keeps seeing those ghosts.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 1312Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 2412Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 3349Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 3548Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 9/30/2009, 4:14 pm

Haha, thanks, Shad Razz xD
Gkad ya like it :]

I love this story so far... xD
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/30/2009, 4:54 pm

Swelcome. Very Happy

Oooh. You have 111 posts! And 1 rep! I mean, that's not so good, but it matches. xD

There, now you have two. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 1312Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 2412Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 3349Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 3548Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/1/2009, 12:56 am

That's so good - I will not be able to live without having more. nod
Very Happy You have 3 rep now Wink
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/1/2009, 1:09 am

Four. smug But now you must write MORE STORY! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 10/1/2009, 10:01 am

Yesh. nod
More story, or no more rep! xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 10/1/2009, 11:02 am

That's awesome! Very Happy

I'm writing a story about a girl that can see ghosts, too.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]
Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 10/1/2009, 3:26 pm

Wow, didn't expect this many comments!! thanks everyone! For the rep and for lurvin my story xD
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/1/2009, 6:21 pm

Swelcome. x3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 10/2/2009, 9:06 pm

*Added More* Wink
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 10/2/2009, 9:44 pm

Can't wait for more!
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]
Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/3/2009, 12:08 pm

Awesome job! Smile
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 10/3/2009, 12:28 pm

Thanks, guys Smile
I'll probably write more later... If it can fit into today's busy schedule..
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/24/2009, 10:53 pm

This is cool, please write more soon.
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 10/24/2009, 11:58 pm

Ooh I love this story! It's awesome!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! Siggy
Reverse This Curse (In need of a better title...maybe) More added on the third post! Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down