The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP]

+2
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
The Mad Hatter
6 posters

Go down

Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] Empty Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP]

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/15/2010, 1:14 am

Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] Cover10

Maturity; PG-13
Fantasy; C'mon, guys, it's me-- what do y'all expect?

Table of Contents:
Preface- This post
1- Post Five, page One

The world is a vampire, sent to drain
Secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames
And what do I get, for my pain?
Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game

Preface
2/14/10
Dear Diary,

I wish I felt different—but honestly, I don’t. I haven’t felt any different since the summertime, and I probably never will feel any different. As the months have gone by, I’ve seemed to lose all hope of things ever falling back into place, like they always would.

Things can’t seem to get much worse, but hey, I spoke too soon. Once my parents start noticing that their teenage daughter’s locked herself up in her room, refused to go to school, and hasn’t been to any of her drama classes in more than eight weeks—and I’ve never missed drama—they’ll probably start sending me to therapy classes.

It kills me to treat my parents this way. I haven’t seen my little cousin in more than eight months; I’ve missed her seventh birthday already. I've found that I can’t go anywhere near her; one slip up—if she irritates me in even the slightest of ways—I could snap. I know you might think I’m lying, but really, I’m not. Honest.

I think I might hide this journal-thing under one of the floorboards—or between the boards in my closet. No one goes lurking in there, anyway. Even if they did, I’d find them before they got too far in their little search. And hey, you want to know what I just realized? When you’re typing in Microsoft Word, the little journal icon at the bottom—if it has an ‘X’ when you stop typing, it means you’ve made an error in the text. And… if you didn’t get a word of that, then disregard this sentence, and the other two before.

To sum everything up; things haven’t changed—and I wish they would.

Love,

Gray

Last edited by The Mad Hatter on 2/15/2010, 10:48 pm; edited 5 times in total
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] Siggy
Female Posts : 9056

Back to top Go down

Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] Empty Re: Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP]

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 2/15/2010, 1:20 am

Oh!!! This is good so far! Please write more!
(Also if you want me to delete this so you can have a reserved post, just let me know =) )
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/15/2010, 12:28 pm

Thanks Jen! Don't worry, you don't have to delete your post. Smile
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 2/15/2010, 12:40 pm

Awesome. cheesy More?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/15/2010, 1:52 pm

Thanks ratty! I'll probably be writing some more today. nod
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/15/2010, 5:19 pm

1-

8/18/08

Dear Diary,
Okay, I’ll admit, staring at that annoying little blinking line on the screen is starting to annoy be to no end. This computer types slow as heck, so right now, even though I’m currently typing this, the computer is still busy trying to get the rest of the first sentence on the screen. It gets pretty aggravating when you have to sit there and wait for the rest of what you’re typing to appear.

However, the slow typing gives my cousin more time to read what appears on the screen. Even the grammar and spell-check is off. It shows the mistakes I make ten minutes after I finish typing something. How convenient is that, no?

I guess I’m being a little overdramatic about the whole keyboard thing—but if you knew that your five-year-old cousin is reading what you’re typing over your shoulder, you’d feel my pain. She’s trying to make her eavesdropping as subtle as possible, but that’s going to be a bit hard for her at this point. I already saw her reflection in the screen of my phone, and I can feel her breath on my neck. Adding to this, I can hear her whispering the words that I’m typing as she reads—I guess she has yet to learn how to read to yourself in your head.

Want me to add another setback to this? Okay, I don’t think I can wait for your reply, so I’ll just tell you anyway. With my luck, my grandparents just decided to move the computer right next to the window! Happy joy… In order to type this, I had to close the shutters completely, and leave the light in the room on. She just walked in right now and gave me one of the weirdest looks. Hey, maybe she just realized that something is wrong with her granddaughter.

School started yesterday—8/17/08—and things have gone by… well? I asked for the seat farthest from the window, and my parents excused me from any outside activities. Girls give me weird looks when they see me on the bleachers during P.E., but that’s their problem. I can hear the kids in my homeroom whispering stuff about me, some saying that I must’ve locked myself in a closet for the whole summer.

I think I’m the only one who hasn’t got caught talking in the middle of class. It’s just really weird how people think they can talk while the teacher’s standing right in front of them; it’s stupid. I hate how people try so hard to be popular, and most of all, I hate it when people laugh at others for getting bad grades. See, that’s what I hate about having to call your grades out. Even if you walk up to the teacher, everyone still knows that you got the bad grade, and laugh anyway. Excuse me, Einstein, but I’m assuming you failed the test, too? Don’t lie to me, because I graded your paper, and whatnot…

Excuse my ramblings, I tend to do that when I’m angry, I’d curse in this entry, but like I’ve mentioned before, my little cousin is still reading over my shoulder like she has been for the past ten minutes or so. Well, if she’s reading over your shoulder, then why don’t you just stop typing? Well, that’s a good question. Would you rather watch constant reruns of The Wiggles, or be writing? Thought so.

Read this and I’ll rip your face off,

Gray

“Rip my face off?” Came my little cousin’s voice from behind me as I closed the laptop, tucking it away in the black bag I had brought it in. I winced slightly in annoyance, nodding a bit. I pushed the chair away from the desk I had been sitting at, the chair spinning around a bit before coming to a stop at the sofa bed.

Composing myself before she would notice something wrong with me, I turned, getting up from the chair and walking over to the closet. “Would you like to play with some of your old dolls?” I asked, pulling out a large, plastic dollhouse. My grandparents had given it to her when she was three, but it looked older. The paint was peeling, and the fake curtains on the top left window had been peeled off completely.

I would do anything to stop watching the Wiggles; the more annoyed I got, the worse chances would be for my little cousin. Oh, how stupid of me—I forgot to tell you guys her name. Well, her name’s Luna. There, now that we’ve gotten passed that, I don’t have to constantly call her ‘little cousin’ or ‘cousin’.

Luna considered my offer, walking over to the old playhouse and gently prodding the front door, causing it to creek open. She looked up at me, and nodded. “Okay, okay, we’ll play dolls.” She sighed a little, sitting down on the tile floor. I sat down beside her, opening up the house and blowing into it, causing dust to fly everywhere.

“Well, this sure is clean.” I muttered, sarcasm lining my words as my thin, pale fingers began to snake through the miniature-sized furniture, making sure there were no extra inhabitants. I lifted the bed, having seen something under it.

“Is it a bug?” Luna whispered, and I felt her breath on my neck again as she peered over my shoulder curiously, but also in slight fear. My hand wrapped around it, and I pulled. It was a little amulet. But this, certainly, wasn’t made of plastic. It probably wasn’t made of anything expensive, either—it was probably glass or something close to it.

“No. It’s a necklace.” I replied, holding it out for her so she could see it. Luna took it from me, tilting it in her hands curiously. She put it on, giving herself a fake, Dracula accent.

“Look at me, I’m a vampire.” She giggled, her accent annoying me in the slightest. I leaned back, smiling a bit.

“Yeah, and I’m a mermaid…” I muttered. Hey, close enough.

Last edited by The Mad Hatter on 2/15/2010, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LE COCO VOUS AIME 2/15/2010, 5:26 pm

Whoa! That's really good! Please write more! c:
LE COCO VOUS AIME
LE COCO VOUS AIME
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 2/15/2010, 5:48 pm

OMG, moooooore! Why can't she go outside? o.0
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/15/2010, 6:25 pm

This is really cool! =)
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/15/2010, 6:38 pm

Thanks peoples!
Ratty, your question shall be answered in the next chapter or so. Twisted Evil
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/15/2010, 10:32 pm

Woah. :3 Dude, keep writing! I must know what happens.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] 1312Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] 2412Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] 3349Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] 3548Meet The Sun [CHAPTER ONE UP] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/16/2010, 6:21 pm

Thanks people!
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author