The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom

3 posters

Go down

Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom Empty Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom

Post by Pandaz ♪ 2/26/2010, 12:44 pm

Please read description! Thank you!

Chapter 1: Dreaming

I'm normal. Mostly. My name, is Nesohc. I hate it. I am a 14 year old girl, who lives in this hollowed out tree. I can't read, write, spell, do math, or figure out why there are letters in an equation that I heard was called, "algebra". The only thing I can do, is think. Deeply. Usually about why in the world my name is Nesoch, and why in the world I have a tipped to the side golden cresent moon, with an arrow looking symbol underneeth it. I figured it was a birthmark, but I still like to think about it anyway.

Although I have no family, and I live in the middle of this huge forest out in the middle of nowhere, I know how to speak, and understand the world. I guess it was just something I was born with. Plus, I know my name. I guess I just always knew it. I know letters, numbers, colors, and stuff like that. I was always bored, so I was constantly wandering off. I found this huge area of stones that made in a pattern of some sort. I stood in the middle and examined it. It was made of golden like rocks, and the land underneeth it, was navy blue, which confused me. I may not know much, but I know land isn't navy blue.

I went there everyday, and the seventh day I went there, the stones were lit with fire. There was something inside the circle, and I had to help it. I dove through the fire, into the stone pattern, and there was nothing there. I fell into a black hole, yet I was not burned. Then, I was in nothing.

Last edited by Kataangluver715 on 2/26/2010, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pandaz ♪
Pandaz ♪
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1665

Back to top Go down

Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom Empty Re: Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom

Post by shadowsowner888 2/26/2010, 1:43 pm

Cool job so far! Very Happy I can't wait to see more! Please remember to post the maturity and fantasy ratings in the description and top of the first post, though.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 1312Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 2412Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 3349Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 3548Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom Empty Re: Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom

Post by Pandaz ♪ 2/26/2010, 2:16 pm

OK! I'll be sure to edit it right away.
Pandaz ♪
Pandaz ♪
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz ♪ 2/28/2010, 2:35 pm

Chapter 2: Normal

I woke up in a cold sweat. I brought my shakey hands up to my face where I could see them. I turned them over, examined them, then flipped them palm side up again. I exhaled the breath I held in for so long and thought, I'm OK......I'm OK. I got out of my bed. Put on a t-shirt with a cute panda dancing on, some dark denim jeans, and some old New Balance sneakers. I fly down the stairs and slip into a chair. My mom walks over and set's down some Frosted Flakes on the table. "Thanks, Mom."
"Your welcome. Remember, Lytia, you have to ride your bike home today."
I nodded my head and drank the rest of my milk. I went in the bathroom and brushed my teeth, washed my face, and I ran into the garage. I typed in 47923, and the door started to open. As soon as it opened, I dash in and grab my purple bike. I get on the seat, kick the kickstand, then take off to Seratown Middle School.
Pandaz ♪
Pandaz ♪
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/28/2010, 3:34 pm

Wow, it's really good I can't wait to see more!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz ♪ 2/28/2010, 3:35 pm

Thank you!
Pandaz ♪
Pandaz ♪
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/1/2010, 6:45 pm

Nice job! ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 1312Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 2412Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 3349Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 3548Journey: Book 1~ The Start of Freedom 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz ♪ 3/2/2010, 10:40 pm

Thanks. I'll be posting another chapter here soon. Heads up to everyone, this is where I start modifying the chapters to where I originally wanted it, in chapter 3, through the rest of the series. BI is more for younger children, so I had to practically change the whole idea, to make it for littler kids. Thank you!
Pandaz ♪
Pandaz ♪
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz ♪ 3/4/2010, 11:58 pm

Chapter 3: A Great Start

I had locked my bike up to the rack as the buses pulled around the curb. 5 times I've beaten the bus. Wonder why they're running slow. Mabye old bus drivers. I giggled at my thought. I double-checked everything in my bookbag, then when I was sure I had everything, I dashed in. As I walked through the doors, I spotted a guy I really liked, named Aaron. I saw him look my way, then I turned on my heels and rushed off to class. At the time, I was to shy to even talk to him, the only thing I would do is blush, stutter, and an occasional, "Hi....". I know, not so smooth.

I got to homeroom, when Maryssa races up and calls, "Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh! Guess, what!?!" Of course, not knowing would drive me crazy so I said, "What?" Maryssa pauses for about 2 seconds, then shouts, "My mom is letting us make the band finally! She bought me the equiptment for a birthday present! You can be lead singer, Hannah can be guitar, and I get drums! EEEP!" I squeel with her. We had been wanting to make "Summer is Here" for a year! The bell rang and I sat down in my seat. "OK, today everybody should have their science books! Turn to page 129 and read to the end of page 131! Then, I'll ask some questions about the material you just read."

I take out my science book and and get to page 130 when Hannah passes me a note. It reads,
Did you hear about Maryssa's mom?! We can start Summer is Here! Isn't that great!?
I write back,
Yeah, I'm so psyched! We start band practice at 6:00 to 8:00 tonight.
I pass back the note, and then she reads it with excitment. I finish the pages we were supposed to read, then waited until Mrs. Berland had started asking the questions.

I had gotten out a notebook I had called my "Doodle Book", then started drawing this girl who wanted to be free, like the dust she had let go in the wind. On Earth, I just didn't feel free. Then Mrs. Berland's voice snapped me back to reality, saying, "What are the two main things that cause mechanical weathering?" I raise my hand. "Lytia." She says. "Wind and water." I answer. "Do you know how it it works?" She asks me again. "When there is a crack in the rock, and water goes in it, and winter comes, the water will freeze and expand in the rock, making the crack bigger. Sometimes, plants will grow in between the rocks, and the roots will push the rock even further away, so eventually, the rock will break into smaller piece. Then, the process with start all over again." She nodded as I explained. When I finished, I heard, "Very good. Now, can anyone tell me how stalagtites are formed?" I was anxious to go to Maryssa's house and practice. Soon, science was over, and it was time for library. I got up, and raced to the library. I didn't know what would happen there, though.
Pandaz ♪
Pandaz ♪
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down