The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 Empty Re: ~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~

Post by Cyn431 4/2/2010, 3:35 pm

[Oh. xD I wouldn't know, having watched the movies, or read the books if there are any.]

Once Adam had stepped out, he looked over his shoulder to make sure Rick had followed. That's when Rick asked his question. "Just thought it'd give you a better visual with infinity spread out in front of us," he replied as he looked up towards the sky again.

"As far as I can tell, aliens have been coming out of the galaxy of Andromeda--" Adam pointed up at some cirrus cloud that looked swirly. "--and passing through the Oort cloud of formation. From there they've landed on some piece of space junk--you know how there's a ton of that just outside our atmosphere." He flicked his hands around in the air to suggest they were at random places right in front of their eyes, just the atmosphere blocked them from view.

"From there," Adam began to talk spooky. "the aliens are planning their invasion--or abduction? Either or could result in your death considering the aliens have gotten through your fort anyway." He thought for a moment. What would be some reinforcement? 'With improvements you might be able to survive and live some extra years, depending on what other plots are storming around at the time."

There Adam kind of ran out of things to specify upon, so he looked to Rick to see if he had any more questions.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 Empty Re: ~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~

Post by shadowsowner888 4/5/2010, 10:31 pm

((Ah, okay. xD))

-----Extremely skeptical, Rick narrowed his eyes. Everything Adam was saying made utter sense - and that was what had him worried. It was always the stuff that made the most sense that he found to be utterly outrageous. For example - people said fast food was bad for you, but he’d been eating Burgerking most of his life and hadn’t had any heart attacks.

-----Of course, it’d taken him a while to realize just how not unhealthy fast food was. Only time could tell whether Adam’s words were true.

-----How am I supposed to believe you?” Rick scoffed, crossing his arms and glaring. “What proof do you have? For all I know, you’re lying, and they’re not aliens at all. Who’s to say they aren’t mutated austronauts that we formerly presumed dead?! Huh?!

He suddenly realized what he’d said. Mutated austronauts?! Woah! That’s one career I’m certainly glad I don’t have! Poor guys. They really didn’t deserve that fate.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 1312~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 2412~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 3349~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 3548~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/6/2010, 5:01 pm

Adam shot his eyes away from their wandering back to Rick at a specific word. What the heck was that supposed to be? I'll just have to answer the best I can, he told himself.

"Three things," Adam said, holding up three fingers. His free hand's index finger pulled back its opposite. "One, I don't know of any austronauts that are supposed to be dead, but I know some astronauts." He pronounced austronauts like Aussie and Astronaut merged together. One black eyebrow rose in a smart-donkey manner.

"Two, it's merely a first sighting," he clarified. "Things could change, things could be a little different than first glance, things could be misinterpretations..." Adam listed off a few more possibilities before moving on. "And three, if you really don't believe me, I could always just bring out the mirror." His shoulders lifted up and dropped in a shrug. "All culprits of death lead back to its victim. Every time." Adam nodded, as if that was enough to confirm. He also wondered if he made any sense.... Then he decided he didn't care all that much.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/9/2010, 11:43 pm

-----Rick paled a bit as Adam spoke. Now his expression could only be described as intensely worried. "What do you mean?" he asked, referring to 'the mirror.' Obviously, he wasn't finding any sense in that phrase. "B - but - I still think you're wrong!" Putting a stubborn look on his face, he firmly crossed his arms. "You need to show me proof. I don't suppose you have any ID?" ID was easily the answer to most things. If one had FBI ID, you could trust them. Otherwise . . . well, it wasn't so easy to tell, and he'd have no choice but to continue being skeptical.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 1312~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 2412~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 3349~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 3548~*~ Looking Fate in the Eye ~*~ - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/9/2010, 11:56 pm

Adam could tell he hadn't been very clear. Oh, well, he would probably have needed to explain again at one point or another. He was pretty sure his appearing boredom was slowly becoming visible on his features. "I mean, I could do what I usually do when someone asks how they'll die: show them the mirror and tell them to look for themselves."

Deciding to demonstrate, Adam put his hand in his back pocket and pulled out a wallet. His fingers played around inside for a moment while they searched for the piece of reflection. Quickly he found it, a little rectangle the size of an iPhone, and lifted it so Rick could look at himself. "Like that," he said, holding the mirror there for about ten seconds before storing it away. "People never ask for specifics, anyway."

Before stowing his wallet away, he looked up to hear Rick's accusations. "Proof and ID," summarized Adam before flipping open his wallet again. "What kind? Driver's, job, insurance--oh wait, that's the card for some scientist I took a wacko survey for..." He paused to read the entire bit of card that was visible. Considering what he saw, that may not be the greatest thing to share, but he hoped he'd spilled enough to be convincing yet not quite revealing. "...Um, fishing..."

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/11/2010, 4:35 pm

-----Rick scowled at the mirror, allowing himself the luxury of seeing his pinched-up face. Oh, hmm, maybe I should’ve shaved this morning, he realized, noting the stubble growing around his mouth. But it was too late for that, so he forced himself to forget about it as Adam shoved it back into the wallet.

-----Starting to become irritated, Rick began zoning out as Adam named random licenses. He was just about ready to say ‘forget the whole thing’ and get back to his job, but suddenly one of the phrases caught onto him.

-----Hey, wait, go back!” he exclaimed. “Lemme see that scientist card!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/11/2010, 4:57 pm

Briefly a little smile of victory came to his features, but they soon disappeared in case they'd reveal something. Adam looked up and rose an eyebrow, trying to put on the expression, 'what would that matter out of all of these?' But he complied, slipping it out of its little slot and handing it over to Rick.

"Any reason for the scientist card?" Adam asked curiously. It's not like he was going to get a response, but hey, why not?

He quickly glanced at the information on the card. Adam happened to have two, one that he had to take the survey for, another for asking questions as to the dangers of having a Sharpie stabbed to the inside of your throat and then pulled back out (some drunk guy did that one time when he was working). The good thing was he'd pulled out the right one, so he left the card out.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/12/2010, 9:30 pm

-----Rick perused the card, shrugging in response to Adam as he did so. “Scientists are smart. Especially the ones that can prove that supernatural things do happen - because they’re right, and everyone else is wrong.” He fell silent, still looking at the card, then at last sighed and begrudgingly returned it to Adam.

-----Everything seems to be in order - but just in case . . .” He glanced around, then pointed at the bright yellow taxi, still parked in front of Dairy Queen. “Get in.” Normally he wouldn’t bother, but he had a feeling that he should show Adam his safehouse just in case Adam got attacked by the aliens and suddenly found himself in need.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/12/2010, 9:56 pm

Adam nodded slowly, seeming unsure if what Rick said was presumably true. Scientists were the most trustworthy, though... When they actually spilled the beans. Or it was thought they did. Oh, heck, how would anyone know for sure? Golly, some of this stuff really was bogus... Then again, what wasn't in this whole thing?

"Huh?" Adam blurted, awaken from his brief little moment in his head. His eyes followed Rick's finger towards the taxi. "As long as you stop by again so I can get my car back," he said, taking another bite from his blizzard before letting his feet lead him to the sunny yellow taxi, which was at least somewhat in contrast to Rick's current attitude. Adam paused by the door and looked back. "Front or passenger?" Adam was pretty darn sure the answer was passenger, but he wanted to be sure.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/13/2010, 10:05 pm

-----Rick’s eyes widened, and he hurried to get into the drivers’ seat before Adam could get any ideas. “Shotgun, of course,” he announced, then firmly slammed the door shut and waited for him to get in.

-----Just to make sure he didn’t forget anything important, he started running through his little ‘escape plan,’ as he thought of it. First he had to drive randomly all over the city . . . maybe take a person or two to their destination, just to throw off anyone who was able to guess where he was going. Then, he’d weave around and slowly head towards the park, and stroll around for a while before finally going to the place where his hideout was located. After going past it ‘randomly’ a couple times, he would at last take Adam inside.

-----It was a foolproof plan, of course. Nobody would ever guess that there was even a hideout in there, as long as they didn’t see he and Adam go on. Inside was all they’d need to survive for a few months - several beds (or rather, mattresses), tons of food and clean water, and even a few hundred cans of mace - just in case anyone tried to break in. The best part of all, though, was the radioactivity detector - it could find absolutely anything funny, so if any potential threats got close, he’d know to stay inside for a while.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/14/2010, 4:49 pm

Shotgun. With this mad man he couldn't be sure if he meant "sit in the front" or "go wherever the gun is." Adam opened whichever door his hand got to first and went inside there. Random had a tendency to work the best when in doubt--that and 42.

Meanwhile, Adam flipped through the rules of his own emergency routine just in case this was one of those things. Method one: insist in giving him as much beverages as manageable, walk by as many fluid attractions, and hope he needs to use the bathroom desperately so an escape is possible. Method two: set an alarm thirty seconds ahead of time, pretend it's your phone ringing, go behind something to "answer" it, and then shriek like someone was attacking just before making a break for it. Method three: point up at the sky and say it's KKK--or a UFO in the scenario provided--and sprint.

Unlike Rick's plan, his was for fools only. Only another fool-like person could fall for it, or somebody completely oblivious to the possibilities. Lucky for Adam, that was the case half the time.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/19/2010, 3:30 pm

-----Rick grimly tightened his hands on the wheel, and as he drove, he suddenly wondered if he could possibly get this guy to pay him for doing the driving.

-----After considering the idea for a while, he chuckled and shook his head. He was sure Adam had to be a little smarter than that . . . just a little. A very tiny little. It wasn’t even an idea worth pursuing - especially if he really did know how Rick would die. Shuddering, the taxi driver forced himself to focus on the road, not even wanting to consider the possibility of this man being the death of him.

-----But what if he died in this cab, on this street, this minute, all because he was taking Adam to the hideout?! Frantically, Rick glanced around, making sure there weren’t any trucks barreling towards him. “Hey, if you see anything dangerous, tell me right away, okay?!” he demanded in a whisper, turning his wide eyes on Adam for a moment before looking back at the road. The slightest mistake here could be the cause of his death . . . he couldn’t afford to be looking away from everything outside the car.

-----Oh, god, but what if Adam was going to kill him here? There were too many possibilities, so so many of them . . .
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/19/2010, 5:37 pm

Adam averted his eyes to Rick, seeming fearful, ten times more paranoid than earlier. He found it hard not to chuckle, and even harder to find a different way to cover it up than a smirk, both of which would make him only more suspicious. Regardless of his efforts, Adam just had to smile. "You've got it," he promised his taxi driver, whether believable or not.

Then a thought struck him. This wasn't a normal guy. He had a different way of thinking and looking at things. What were his definitions? Just to be sure, Adam returned his attention to Rick and asked, "Dangerous would be the supernatural and people talking and texting on their cells, right? Or is there more to it?" Adam thought about pressing further, but then noticed just talking to his driver was a potential hazard, so he shut up right there and let Rick do the talking if he chose to.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/22/2010, 12:09 pm

-----Rick risked a frantic glance at Adam. “Are you kidding me? You even have to ask?!” He pressed his lips together, shaking his head, but continued speaking despite his incredulity. “Anything dangerous, anything at all! Whatever could kill me!” His voice was one notch away from full-blown screaming. Next thing you knew he’d be pulled over by the police and taken to an insane asylum. “Just look, okay?!
-----With that out of the way, Rick started trying to calm down, breathing heavily. He would’ve closed his eyes for a few moments, but that would obviously be stupid. The newspaper headlines would say “daydreaming driver falls out of his car and becomes a pancake” . . . or something along those lines. But the breathing did help, a little, and soon his only physical reaction of fear was a slightly faster-than-usual heartbeat. Okay, now, let’s look around for some loony I can drive someplace. It was time to take evasive measures.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/22/2010, 4:27 pm

[Hm... This seems appropriate for Crazy #2! xD]

Adam was a bit startled by the are you crazy tone. If he'd said it, without hesitation he would have said "Look who's talking," but Rick hadn't so he bit his flaming sarcastic tongue. For the most part it worked, but Adam did slip a little something. "Um... I only needed the 'whatever will kill me' part, but alright."

From there on, Adam kept his golden eyes open for anything suspicious. Sometimes--heck, like every time--somebody made an assumption about his eye color, they always said something affiliated with blue. Periwinkle, navy, sky blue, icy blue, deep blue, royal blue, cerulean, name it and he's heard it. And every time that happened, Adam rolled those honey irises, whether to hide the answer or make it more obvious just how stupid they were for jumping to conclusions. Normally, though, who would care?

On the sidelines, Adam caught a familiar redhead. No, she wasn't familiar, he just happened to know her appearance by memory. Hair that looked like cinnamon, felt like feathers. Eyes a unique minty green color, like default toothpaste. Skin the shade of caramel with light clay-brown spots beneath her eyes. All skin and bones and about the height of a... Well, that Adam couldn't think of a good word for, but she was short. That young girl was Pippa Dexter. In his dreams she died in a stand-off with guns, like the Western movies. Thankfully that recent image was of her much older. The only reason Adam knew her now was because of an old dream, but for some reason that changed.

Regardless, Adam had to keep his eye on her. No one really knew what Pippa would do. He'd heard some call her spontaneous--eating peanut butter and jelly one moment, screaming at the top of her lungs the next because of an ant that looks like it has seven legs from an angle, and then trying to stab it with the left over crust, finally settling with a book when all was said and done. (Now that was just from eavesdropping at work.) Strange girl there.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/24/2010, 11:09 am

((Congratulations. nod

You know what, I totally wasted this whole reply by taking the time to ask this, but what if she’s one of the people Rick picks up as part of his little plan? smug))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/24/2010, 2:21 pm

[Congratulations for... ?

xD That sounds like things could get interesting. smug I'll go ahead and give a little post on her, maybe force some attention.]

Pippa knew the moment was coming.

Sometime that day, right in this little kids' playground in the middle of the field by the roadway, some punk was going to come and strangle a little kid on a dare. Her piercing eyes couldn't come across the culprit, but instead glued onto the victim to-be. Such a poor thing, to die in the hands of the naive, the careless. If it weren't for a few other factors, Pippa would have called her possessed.

But what would be the warning? What would drive that little boy away from the scene? Only one thing could do that, and if their older siblings and parents taught them right, they'd be screaming their heads off and maybe barfing while they were at it, depending on the details provided.

A sharp breath whistled through her nostrils before she began running around wailing, "The vampires are coming! The vampires are coming!" Pippa stopped at some random toddler and shook his shoulders. "And they're thirsty!"

The predicted outcome laid itself out right in front of her, except nobody puked. That was a relief. It was even more soothing to hear a couple of teenage voices, the punk's amongst them, as they swore and retreated. Mission complete. Without a glance over her shoulder, Pippa strolled away from the scene towards the street, whistling along the way.

☼☼--<^><^>

As Rick drove by, Adam watched Pippa's actions which shock and confusion. "What the--?" Then he heard something on vampires. Of all things to say, she says that? And why? "Hey, uh, be careful with the girl in the field, s'acting a little psychotic," Adam warned.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/3/2010, 9:38 pm

((Congratulations for being in your life! :3))

-----Rick whipped his head towards the girl, narrowed eyes zeroing in on her almost instantly. He looked for a few moments as if he was about to gun the engine and get the heck out of there, but suddenly, his face became calm. Smiling slightly, he leaned back into his seat and mused, “Perhaps she nees . . .a ride.
-----Yes, yes, that would make everything perfect. Anybody watching would pay so much attention to the crazy girl that, when he dropped her off, they’d forget to watch him as he drove off towards the sanctuary. Rather, they would watch her and make sure she didn’t attack them in a rabid rage.
-----Of course he wasn’t going to explain his thoughts, however. Let Adam think him as crazy as he liked. Simply smiling even wider at the idea, Rick pulled over near the girl, rolling the window down. “Congratulations, you’ve won a half-priced cab service! We get you where you need to go, and we’re anything but slow!” It was the most horrible rhyme he could’ve thought of, but it was hard to do things so suddenly. Hopefully he could just convince her that all he wanted to do was give her a ride, and not that he was a random guy seeking to totally take advantage of innocent young women.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/29/2010, 9:28 pm

(Ah. nod Thank you! It would be important to be in my life, wouldn't it? (By the way, congratz to you too!)

Pippa shrugged off her white silky cardigan and slung it over her shoulder as she began walking alongside the dirt road. It was clear now she was wearing a red and white plaid camisole with pale blue jeans ripped just about everywhere but the knees. She was a girl who lived in the country, but went to county schools. With that Pippa found a sense of fashion, hence her outfit that day.

Two minty green eyes narrowed suspiciously at the slowing vehicle up ahead. Once the two were about three yards apart, Pippa's worn Adidas planted themselves into the mud. She stared at the driver as he talked.

Whoever his manager is really needs help, Pippa thought to herself as he gave some lame slogan. Her next set of thoughts accidentally leaked out into incoherent murmurs. "Anything, like a vampire, or an alien, or a murderer--" If she were anyone else she would have flushed madly when she realized she'd been speaking. But this was Pippa, and she remained her slightly pale self.

"Oh, sweet!" Pippa put up her act with a sparkling grin. Her hand shot into her jeans pocket for either money, wallet and/or (preferably) a weapon in case this guy was serious. Or not serious. She definitely felt a dollar, a ten if she remembered correctly, and something chilly brushed against Pippa's fingertips. A coin? A switchblade? A shotgun? She couldn't remember what she carried around these days, 'cause she always flew out the door too fast to know what she picked up.

You have to act, she reminded herself. With that Pippa scrunched her eyebrows and snapped the bill out of her pocket. Those two minty green eyes examined the material. "Um, would a ten cover it?" she asked with false concern in her voice, looking up at the driver with a gentle face. Pippa did her best to look convincing, but she had a bad feeling this guy would see through her.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/2/2010, 11:35 pm

((You’re welcome! Yes, very! And thank you very much! applause))

-----Rick was very much relieved that this girl chose to take the bait. It would’ve been a shame to have to go without a customer. Had he heard something about vampires there, though . . . ?
-----Hmm, nah, probably not. “Why yes indeed, ma’am!” he said with forced vigor, almost like he was pretending to be a game show host. Not once did his mouth waver from its broad smile, nor did his turquoise eyes lose their friendly sparkle. “Ten, maybe even less!” At this point he really didn’t care how much she really paid, just so long as he could go through with his genius plan to get to the fortress. “Just hop right in and enjoy the ride and ignore the other passenger!” He was starting to sound very, very suspicious, but that fact refused to register in his mind. The only thing that mattered was the plan, and if not the plan, nothing.
-----Hmm, Rick suddenly realized. I may need to stop for gas soon. And I really didn’t want to have to pay for that out of my own pocket . . . ah well. Better safe than making a profit. He glanced down at his pants as if to make sure they were still there, though really he only cared about the wallet inside - not like he could see it, considering it was in his back pocket. Oh God. I do hope I haven’t been pickpocketed lately or I’m doomed . . . I wonder if Adam has any money I could borrow . . . He could see it now, pulling into the gas station and filling up only to not have enough to cover the cost. Or worse - it might be one where you paid before pumping the gas. Then he’d only have enough to last him an hour or two before the next refill! It looked like his only choice would be to just fill it up and drive away . . . and he really hoped it wouldn’t come to that, since he wasn’t in the mood today to end up in prison. Jail cells were definitely not safe from supernatural monsters.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/10/2010, 8:44 pm

[You're very welcome! Very Happy]

Pippa surely wasn't convinced by this guy's act. Maybe he had a convincing grin and quite the expression gleaming in his turquoise irises, but the tone he used was far from true, that was for sure. All the posers Pippa had seen in her past used just that kind of method, and if they tried on her, they epically failed—or at least that's what all the other teenagers would say. Rural kids just ... don't. But the young girl listened anyway. It was even harder to repress a smirk or risen eyebrow. That was absolutely the wrong word choice.

"Sweet!" she continued her act with a grin of excitement. Instead of lifting one eyebrow, she lifted both in happiness. Pippa had a bad feeling her suspicions still lingered in her own minty green eyes, but hopefully they'd also faded off. With a bounce in her light step she hopped into the back of the taxi. Once she was inside what was surely to be the death of her, Pippa slipped her arms back into the sleeves of her cardigan and buckled herself against the passenger seat, which might as well have been a chair used for electrocution. Well, maybe this whole thing wouldn't kill her, but it would probably land her in a heap load of trouble. At least she could be avenged ... Right?

All the while she pretended she had no idea there were more than two people in the car, though she knew very well. In fact, he doubled her concerns. Why would a taxi driver need a second person in the cab with him? Then again, why would a taxi driver need to talk with the attitude he was providing? None of this could have been safe. Absolutely none of it. The only tough decision Pippa had in front of her was whether to demand out of the car or to demand present throughout the entire event.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/3/2010, 9:26 am

Fixated on nothing but The Plan, Rick didn’t even bother examining the girl for hints of suspicion. He was using her, nothing less, and she wouldn’t even realize something was up. The only thing he seemed to observe about her was her naivete. She was so trusting; it was just a lucky thing that he wasn’t some creeper.

Hey, I’ve got a great idea!” Rick enthused, pulling hurriedly away from the curb. “I’ll, um, take you to - um - the museum! Yeah! Way better than wherever else you’d wanna go, right? And still all for a hefty discount!” He cast a grin at Adam, as if to suggest he were doing an excellent job at carrying out The Plan. “I’m sure you’ll really enjoy yourself there!” The way he was making it sound, this museum might likely be the last place Pippa wanted to go. But Rick really couldn’t help himself in this state.

Despite not actually knowing where the girl wanted to go, Rick was already beginning to drive alone. Nowhere special, though, really he was just going to go around the block until a better idea was presented to him. He didn’t actually want to go somewhere she didn’t agree upon, when it all came down to it, so if he went around the block he could at least dump her back at her starting point if he absolutely needed to. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that, he thought decisively. That would put him all the way at the beginning, and then it’d take even longer before he could get Adam to the sanctuary.

By the way, what’s your name?” Rick also threw in, just for good measure. His voice was lessening in volume now, becoming gentler, now that he actually had the passenger ‘in his grasp,’ so to speak. Using this tone of voice, he could’ve passed for just another random guy, though by now it was far too late for that opinion to reach anyone’s mind. “I’m Rick.

shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/3/2010, 12:36 pm

Pippa tore her eyes off of the tinted* glass window and back to the driver. Think he even has a driver's license? she questioned, but threw that aside quickly. That was going way too far. Of course this guy had a license, for if he didn't he would have crashed into a tree by now, something she'd seen far too many times in visions of various deaths.

To the question, time only makes matters weird, she snapped at herself irritably, pulling herself out of her thoughts and back to her cheery naïve act to face the main man's facade—was that the right word? Oh well, she knew what she meant, and that was all that really mattered.

"The museum?" she echoed his words. That most certainly wasn't where she intended to go, but she had to pretend to think about it in order to keep her supposedly innocent and happy self believable, assuming that was even under scrutiny.

All the while Pippa wondered if maybe it would be good to go to the museum. It wasn't too far from the library, if it wasn't right next to it, and it wasn't every day she got to go there. Though she avoided those two places for good measure: there were so many officials, and sometimes Pippa wasn't sure if they were for or against her... condition. But none of them had ever come to her about it, so would they have any feelings towards the situation? Oh, what did it matter anyway? She needed to give this guy an answer! (Still, the library...)

"It's right by the library, so sure!" she agreed with a sweet little smile. Now that could have gotten her into a lot of crap right there. He'd actually suggested the museum, and she didn't trust a darn thing about this guy, and if she was going to go wherever he wanted to go, that could only lead to a dead end. Literally dead. But maybe she wanted this. If she was lucky, this was where the guy wanted to go anyway, and she could get an eye as to what these two were up to.

Then he asked for her name. Golly, how far was he going to go? And his tone had softened. Pippa figured that could either be good or bad. Either that meant he was trying to gain some more trust because he really did deserve it, or he was trying to gain trust so she would fall into some big trap of his for blah blah blah. Normally she would consider names as something simple to give out, but she also took note that her name was Pippa, and not a lot of people really have that name. Oh well, it wasn't like she was well known for anything. Well, maybe she'd been briefly known for randomly screaming while walking in Orlando in order to catch this one guy's attention who had almost ran straight into a bus, but any of that fame was minuscule and insignificant, surely nothing the driver would know.

"Pippa," she revealed her identity to the men. Well, the first part. Nobody in their right mind would provide their middle and last names to a stranger, granted they weren't at work or school.

☼☼-
<^><^>

Meanwhile, Adam simply listened in to what the other two had gotten into. Honestly he had no clue what this lunatic was trying to do. Just to be sure this wasn't going to be the death of either of them, he briefly glanced back to take a glance into the girl's eyes, which confusedly gazed back. The time of her death hadn't changed from the many years ahead, so her irises foretold. There was some relief in that. Hopefully something similar applied to himself.

That was about when Rick had given him a grin. Adam looked back and returned the grin, pretending to know exactly that whatever he was doing was total genius. He considered warning him that this girl could thwart his plan any moment she got the chance, or at least Adam thought that based off of those stories he'd eavesdropped on at work, but he then figured a lunatic could fight off a lunatic.

[*=I'm making the assumption their tinted? xD]
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/11/2010, 9:25 am

((Yes, yes, the windows probably are tinted, now that you mention it. cheesy

Heehee, I so have the urge to crack up right now. :3))

"Pippa? Well, it's nice to meet you, Pippa," he answered, smiling to himself. Rick would've loved to glance back at her so she could see the smile himself, but since he was feeling a bit saner, now was a good time to remember that he should be watching the road. No need to get all three of them killed; it could wait until the aliens found him alone. He felt certain that Pippa and Adam were the nice sort of people who deserved a real shot at life.

No way were they going to get that around him. The thought pulled Rick up short; as the smile faded from his expression, he blinked a couple times. I really shouldn't even be dragging them along with me! What was I thinking?! I've gotta get us out of here!

"Right, museum, good!" he shouted. "Time to go!" He suddenly accelerated, beginning to weave his way through traffic as quickly as he could without really endangering the three of them. Rick was aware he was going just a little too fast, sure, but more important to him was their safety - and if he had to break the speed limit to protect them, then that was sure as heck what he was going to be doing. He didn't need to let his curse fall onto them, too; what had they ever done wrong in their lives? No, he was the only one who should be suffering. The only one who should be in danger. They weren't going to die, too.

Maybe I should've thought to get a read on that, he thought to himself. Oh well, now it was too late; he wasn't going to try and meet their eyes while driving like this. Rick would simply have to hope for the best.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2