The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human?

+2
FOREIGN?!
Komoda
6 posters

Go down

Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? Empty Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human?

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 3:25 pm

"Say we have a discussion in class...there's no way the subject would be 'Is it alright to kill someone evil?' But let's say that was the subject. Everyone would act all virtuous and say, 'No, it's wrong to kill anybody.' And of course, that would be the proper response. People need to maintain that kind of facade in public..."

~ Light Yagami.

April 7th

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~ *

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~ *

>.>

Hmm, you know… Death Note, as well as The Great Happiness Space, has really tainted my trust in people.

It really makes me realize… No matter what, people are going to backstab you. They’re going to lie to your face, tell you what you want to hear. They’re power hungry, selfish, cruel creatures… But that’s what makes us human.

That’s why I never take compliments. I meekly smile and say thank you, but I know people lie. Heck, I do it all the time. Just nod and smile, tell them they’re doing great… Because honesty is brutal, right?

Wrong.

It’s only brutal when shadowed by the lies of false cheeriness. The truth doesn’t hurt, it just puts salt on the wound that the lie has already created. Created without your knowledge, mind you.

(I don’t know where the sudden change of subject came from, forgive me.)

Death Note, as fangirly as this sounds… Is an absolute masterpiece. It’s so intelligent, so perfectly put together… And there’s no good or evil; it’s basically vigilance versus the law. And see, neither is right or wrong.

The law, some could argue it’s right… But you can’t always abide by it so strongly that it overshadows your instincts. Some people have to be eliminated by an illegal manner, whether you like it or not. That’s L’s problem; he follows the rules so strongly that while it keeps his conscience clean, he could have played dirty and just shot Light right then and there. If he had done that, he could have saved many lives… But no.

Although, on the other hand, that would make L like Mello. And Mello’s childish mentality didn’t get him anywhere, correct? Therefore, the only way it would have worked would be if L decided on abruptly changing the plan, which wouldn’t have happened in reality. :/

And then, now moving on to vigilance.

Most law abiding citizens would agree that it’s horrible. But like Light said, it’s a possibility that they’d only have that opinion in public when people were judging them. While subconsciously, they agree with what Kira’s doing. If justice won’t put an end to these criminals, then who/what will? Sometimes vigilance is required. But, the problem with vigilance and the problem with Light is this: There’s a fine line between going too far and sticking to what you have to. See, if he had stuck to killing criminals, then he probably wouldn’t have been such a huge target…

But let’s pause this here for a second. If L and the NPA hadn’t been so driven to abide the law, when in reality Light was making a world a better place in the beginning, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. He wouldn’t have had to kill anyone other than criminals if the police had just left him be to get rid of the filth in the first place. But no, they had to strictly follow the rules of society… So honestly, it was L’s own mistake of unquestionably following the law that resulted in the deaths of innocent people. It was HIM who pursued LIGHT when if he would have sat down and thought about it more thoroughly, he would have realized how it would result in the long run. Light only got out of control when they started chasing him.

But I guess that’s what happens when people follow the rules so blindly that they fail to use common logic.

-.-

Then there’s people and all of their “killing is a sin” bs… Hmm, then are all our soldiers over in Afghanistan sinners by defending their country?

Oh, but Mo, that’s an excceeepppttiion.

Exactly. So if there can be exceptions made in war, then shouldn’t there occasionally be exceptions made elsewhere? Although, I guess my view on death is that we are all reincarnated… If I believed that there was nothing to hope after death, I suppose I’d have a different opinion. It all depends on how you look at it.

So, as you can see… Our world is pretty shanked up. Filled with liars, cheaters, thieves, murderers… And if we keep locking them up, and abiding the law so strictly… They, like any human being who wants a way out, will find loop holes in the justice system, just like they have found since the beginning of time. Lawyers will lie to defend them (like always), prosecutors might even cut deals, judges might just be plain stupid… And there goes our justice system, leaving vigilance our only option in some cases.

When there’s not enough water left to spare, you just have to use fire to fight fire. It could be our last option.

But I’m not playing the blame game here. I know that the criminals are the root of the problem, clearly.

For example, if Light wasn’t so power hungry to begin with, then he wouldn’t have made a scene of things by making people spontaneously die of heart attacks. Of course, he might have insisted that his intentions were to scare criminals by making himself known rather than doing so for personal reasons... But come on, Light. We know you had the subconscious desire to be a god just for the heck of it. But hey, I’ll admit that I’m just like him… I would have wanted that power, that fame… But had he been less selfish, or less human if you will, he would have made them die discreetly, thus making the world a better place slowly but surely, yet not affecting anyone that didn’t need to be affected.

Forgive all my Death Note references, but it’s just the perfect example.

Now, back on track. What was I talking about again?

Oh yeah, trust. Well, let’s just say that I watched this documentary (titled The Great Happiness Space) about hosts, and it wasn’t pretty. Hosts are basically paid highly to please a woman; talk to her, make her feel loved, etc. But the way these hosts would just lie to their clients about thinking they were beautiful, about caring about them… It was sickening, whether it was a job or not. These boys had so many girls in love with them, they kept them so hopeful... But it was just a facade. Although, you should have seen what some of the girls were doing in return. Neither party was innocent, really. Their trust in each other was completely non existent, but I guess that's just business for you. When you pay for love, you can't expect it to be real.

*sigh*

But regardless, I think I have a new view on humanity…
People always say, “oh, that’s so inhumane…” when someone does something cruel.

But is it really that true?

I mean, I don’t want to go all religiony on you… But, in my opinion, it’s our conscience (or soul) that makes us feel sympathy, makes us feel compassion. So I would consider malicious acts to me more sociopathic than inhumane. When I think human, I think something raw, animalistic and
real… Maybe not anything necessarily cruel, but something that acts on instinct and indulgence rather than following what’s morally right.

So in other words, I’d consider a sociopath to be all human. If they desired to be evil, they could without one regret. But, they could choose to follow the rules of society for their own good. It just depends on their personality, is all.

As for Light… I’m not sure. Maybe he was a sociopath… But his sense of justice, the way things went so well in the beginning, makes me think it was the killing that tainted his soul rather than the soul just not existing in the first place.

But oh well, now I’m just rambling.

Bye good friends, and I hope I’ve given you something to think about. ^^

- Komoda
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? Empty Re: Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human?

Post by FOREIGN?! 4/7/2010, 3:31 pm

I love reading your blogs; I always feel like I've learned something at the end. ^^

It's true, Death Note is downright genius. Well, it is Japanese... xD

The whole laws and killing and everything is so complicated. I don't understand why we even need all those laws. *quotes oceans 11* It used to be civilized, you hit a guy he whacks ya, but not now. I just made no sense. *sigh*
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? Empty Re: Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human?

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 3:35 pm

Yay! Thank you! I'm glad. Very Happy That's the whole point of them, to educate.

Haha, of course. :3

Agreed! And ooh, that quote's perfect. I think I watched that movie long ago, but I can't remember much of it.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 4/7/2010, 3:37 pm

Yeah, it's really confusing and hard to follow, I had to watch it like, three times to actually know what was going on. xD Thought it's totally awesome, you should try to watch it again. :3
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 3:38 pm

Ah, I should! I wonder if I have own it, actually... Odds are my sister stole it. >.>
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 4/7/2010, 3:43 pm

*gasp* Thievery! o:
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 3:49 pm

D: I know! Ah well, I think she's bringing it back so we can copy it, anyway. XD
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 4/7/2010, 3:56 pm

Wheww. That was a close one. xD
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by AvĂ© 4/7/2010, 4:05 pm

Another thought provoking blog by Mo? Most definitely. I'm gonna have to say that I agree with this... our justice system is so messed up right now. You really can't trust anyone to make the right decision, or trust anyone at all for that matter. But some people are okay with that, and some people will just take what they can get. :/

Oh, how I love your blogs.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 4:16 pm

Foreign:
Yes, indeed it was. XD

Ave:
Yeah, that's so true. But I suppose we don't have a whole lot of choice in the matter. :/

Thank you so much. :3
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 4/7/2010, 4:26 pm

Whoaaa... Epic blog, Mo. *^*
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 4:54 pm

Aw, thanks, Afi! ^^
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 4/7/2010, 4:55 pm

Mo, you're so mature and sophisticated for a 14 year old. It's kinda scary. xD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? Siggy
Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? SiggyMo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? Siggy
Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? SiggyMo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 5:01 pm

Really? O.O Thank you so much, really. I've always wished I was mature. XD
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 4/7/2010, 5:03 pm

Told you she was inhuman. smug [Even though I only told HER that she was inhuman.. XD]
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 5:12 pm

XDD I only wish.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/7/2010, 11:01 pm

Woaaah. 0.0 I feel like an insane little animal now. I hope I'm not as bad as all those nasty criminals . . .

Hehe, of course you've given me something to think about. ^^ And I couldn't agree more with everyone else who's commented (because now I have the urge to repeat all the comments, and that's not any good, so I might as well give them credit xD). Especially Amanda! And Ave. And Forry. And Mia . . . xD

"Justice" is messed up. Even my history book is admitting that. If all these people just put out fair laws and followed them . . . *shakes head*
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 1312Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 2412Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 3349Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 3548Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/8/2010, 1:10 pm

XD No, I assure you, you aren't. As long as you have the capability of feeling sympathy, guilt, or whatever, you're fine. nod

Thank you, Ado! ^^

Yeah, so true. nod I also think there should be exceptions in certain cases. But I guess in New Guinea, cannibalism is allowed (I think) so no need to worry about that! ^^
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/8/2010, 1:35 pm

xD Oh, good!

:3 Swelcome!

xD As long as their exceptions aren't random, I agree.
I don't get it, though, why would you want to eat a person? XD That sounds really nasty.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 1312Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 2412Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 3349Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 3548Mo's Ambiguous Blog - What makes us human? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down