The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ambiguity of Thought

4 posters

Go down

The Ambiguity of Thought Empty The Ambiguity of Thought

Post by Komoda 6/24/2010, 2:33 am

Author of the moment,
can you tell me...

I was watching this J-Drama today.

The male lead said something rather interesting.

"Humans are just animals with hope."

Then he was going on about how he didn't want to be a doctor, because people had to die. It was the natural way of things; to create a balance.

It hurts to think about it... But isn't it true?

Animals are able to accept things the way they are. When there are rivals after their territory, their mate, their family... They accept it and eliminate their threat. When their young is sick, they'll nurse them to an extent, but they won't shell out their life savings for an operation.

They don't hope for a change. They don't hope for some sort of miracle. They know the disease can't easily be cured, that the personality of their rivals won't easily change.

They... Accept it.

Is that what life's about, then?

Accepting we don't know all the answers, accepting that we never will?
Even when we die, no matter what your beliefs are...

You'll never truly know everything. Because... Knowing all of infinity is impossible. Hypothetically speaking, if there's some divine power out there, they're the only one to know it all.

We could end up forgetting it all, this, and that renders everything that's done meaningless. Instead of reaching some big pearly gate, it could just end. Or we could start over, without any memory of this life even existing.

But why. Why do we hope for so much more?
What is it... That separates us from everything else?

Well... Maybe animals have hope too... I mean, what would we know?

But do they have their own religions? Do they have that same sort of belief? The belief in there being so much more to life that we can't comprehend?

Maybe it's just that they're lower on the Maslow Pyramid than we are...?
But even so, it doesn't say a thing about belief on there... It's just about basic survival instincts, elevating to the ability to help others.

Perhaps what makes us human isn't necessarily our consciences, or our sins, the nature of our actions... But the belief they actually mean something.

Sometimes I just don't know what to think anymore. I want to believe there's more to this world, but what if there's not? The thought of not existing really... scares me. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad. To get a break from all this emotion... And we'd never know what even happened to us, right?

Do these emotions really mean anything? Just chemical imbalances, causing us to feel the way we do. Because when I'm sad, I always feel physically hurt, either in my chest or in my eyes. And when I'm happy, I my stomach feels twisty and bubbly. It could be just the way my cells react. It doesn't necessarily have to do with a soul. The voice of my mind is just my brain talking, maybe making sounds only I can hear? All about crazy science stuff that I can't understand...

So if our souls can be explained away by logic, then aren't we just... Big hunks of flesh that move? Nothing more, so much less...

I sometimes think, though seemingly demotivational, the belief that I don't truly matter is what keeps me going. It's so much easier to deal with the world if you just appreciate the things around you, as if you're nothing but a breeze in the wind. I try enjoy the happiness of others, because there's no use dwelling upon the fact that...

It's tempting though, isn't it? The ending. What it'll be like for us. Even if emotions are nothing but chemical imbalances, they sure mean the world to us, ne?

To end up happy and loved, even if it doesn't mean a thing to anyone, to the world, to anything...
Believing it's a possibility, no matter how small, might be what really drives us forward. Even if your idea of happy and loved is with your god, your significant other, your best friend, your animal, or whatever ultimate goal you want...

We all want it.

Unless you're some sociopath who's opposed to the idea of love completely. And I'll admit, I act like I am, but I definitely am not. It's just... Easier to act like I don't care anymore, I guess?
But I only wish I didn't care.

Random thought -

Just because someone says "glass half empty" doesn't make them a pessimist. -.- What if the glass contains dead babies? Better a glass half empty of dead babies than a glass half full of dead babies, ne? Unless thinking the glass contains dead babies is pessimism in itself... Hm.

The Ambiguity of Thought 330xo3n

Sayonara,
~ Komoda

A ~ What's your aspiration?
B ~ What do you believe in?
C ~ How do you want your story to end?
D ~ Glass half empty or half full?
E ~ Have you ever tried laughter yoga?
F ~ Do you like Dr. Phil?
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

The Ambiguity of Thought Empty Re: The Ambiguity of Thought

Post by Noah the Flood 6/24/2010, 10:34 am

A ~ What's your aspiration? To do something with my life.
B ~ What do you believe in? Like..I'm not quite sure how to answer this. I guess to say I believe in God..
C ~ How do you want your story to end? I try not to think about the now. I guess I want to die happy though.
D ~ Glass half empty or half full? Half empty
E ~ Have you ever tried laughter yoga? Whats that?
F ~ Do you like Dr. Phil? Not really.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/24/2010, 12:09 pm

C ~ Yeah, same here. :3
E~ It's where you incorporate laughing into your yoga, or something... My mom says she knows someone who does it, and they have fibrosis. It helps the pain go away.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/25/2010, 1:50 pm

I LOVE HE IS WE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/25/2010, 2:19 pm

Really? That's awesome, Keri! ^u^ I've only heard two of their songs (A Mess it Grows and the one here) but they're amazing. Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/25/2010, 7:29 pm

This feels weird, commenting after your other blog, which is like a totally different opinion. XD But I'm commenting anyway.

A - To become a famous published author and fall in love and get married and have children and raise them right, then as I die I'll smile at them and tell them that I love them. And to have grandchildren before I die at the age of about sixty. . . . okay, um, fine. XD Just to get a book published and fall in love with some awesome guy.
B - I believe in . . . love . . . ? I dunno. XD The question is too broad.
C - Peacefully.
D - Full? XD Though it's not like we can really tell for sure. What if it's a molecule less?
E - No. Just the normal kind. nod
F - I never really watched him. ^^;

And pssssst . . . I've only heard two He is We songs too. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Ambiguity of Thought 1312The Ambiguity of Thought 2412The Ambiguity of Thought 3349The Ambiguity of Thought 3548The Ambiguity of Thought 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down